General Discussion (Read 64877 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Seattle
Re: General Discussion
Reply #385 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 12:16pm

Thunderbolt wrote on Mar 31st, 2016 at 4:56am:
Sorry for the delays.. but I'm having trouble figuring out how much movement it takes to manipulate magnetically controlled objects that you've already locked onto.  TB's currently manipulating a lot of stuff.. I want to be reasonable; so I'm doing a little research in the rules on how much one could reasonably do at once.

I've played a Magnetics character for many years (Compass), and the rules don't really give an amount of Movement (just like they don't really for anything).  It gives you a maximum amount and then the speed you can move the items at.  So I  suppose it's whatever you and the GM are comfortable with. [shrug]

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Indianapolis, IN
Reply #386 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 5:22pm

BIG Thanks there Majestic!  I'll put it into the~ "this is what I'm trying to do.. and we'll see what the GM says is successful!"

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
Thunderbolt sunphoenix72  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Indianapolis, IN
Reply #387 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 3:37pm

Testing a new dice roller..want to see if it works...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

well that one did not work.. let's try this...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Woot! This one works!  The other dice roller was ...too complicated for my likes.. but now I have a dependable dice roller that is user friendly...

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
Thunderbolt sunphoenix72  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

On High
Reply #388 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 8:21am

Thunderbolt wrote on Apr 7th, 2016 at 3:37pm:
Testing a new dice roller..want to see if it works...

well that one did not work.. let's try this...

Woot! This one works!  The other dice roller was ...too complicated for my likes.. but now I have a dependable dice roller that is user friendly...

Thanks for the heads up, I may make use of these.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
dsumner1234  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Kokomo, Indiana
Reply #389 - May 31st, 2016 at 5:12pm

hey guys some thought on  the problem with current character idea and growth power. How about a Body Power that says agility never drops below xx value and then not allow heightened agility. Or how about Transformation (Power Activation): Increase in size activates heightened agility (then have heightened agility values for each stage of size change A). again without allowing any more increase. so he can have more than 1 action

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
Jesus Barraza zeusb1968  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Seattle
Reply #390 - May 31st, 2016 at 10:33pm

What I've often done with Size Change Larger characters (or ones with a negative Agility Mod) is give them some sort of power or ability that negates the negative.  So they at least have an average Agility (and thus at least a chance of moving twice/turn).

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Kokomo, Indiana
Reply #391 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 1:42am

"Training: Giant Size Fighting" - +1 "to hit" with HTH for each size level increase. This would off-set the Accuracy penalty due to drop in Agility.   I am just trying out thoughts since it will fall to Dom to decide

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
Jesus Barraza zeusb1968  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Indianapolis, IN
Reply #392 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 3:05am

That works too! 

I suggested this a while back...

Thunderbolt wrote on May 30th, 2015 at 4:36am:
I have a suggestion...

Since your Mutant Power is only doing one thing.. that is making you look adult aged when using any level of size increase... yeah~ technically that IS a power but kinda lame for a full blown power.  Why don't you do this.. your mutant power not only makes you look like an adult.. but it also allows you to offset your increased weight from size with carry capacity at your will.

So.. if you were to grow to your full maximum size {31'5"}... you could have a Carry Capacity of 75,460 lbs, with a weight of 34,300 lbs. for a Agility penalty of -16 and a damage of 5d10 OR you could expend 34,000lbs of carry capacity to offset your weight penalties for Agility. Your still weighing 34,300 lbs but you'd have no Agility penalty and your carry capacity would be only 41,160lbs with a damage of 4d10.  You could adjust how much weight from carry capacity agility penalties you want based on how heavy you are for a reduced amount of carry capacity and a lesser amount of basic Hand to hand damage.  But if you needed to be really strong or fight something your size you could forgo offsetting your weight with carry capacity and inflict more damage and truly be a mighty titan indeed!

I think this would be an elegant way to not cripple the character and yet limit his power on a case by case basis.

Also if you put his remaining stat points into Agility {...which since you rolled random your base agility is 16 so based on your non-size increased weight your agility should be modified to an 18} your agility will be a 24! Even at your max weight of 34,300lbs your would STILL be a 6 {22 Agility unmodified by weight -16}!

And remember a 22 Agility at you maximum weight is a +4 Accuracy to any attack you make.  That's pretty awesome if you ask me! Smiley

Thunderbolt sunphoenix72  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Indianapolis, IN
Reply #393 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 8:14pm

I have mostly given up ANY hope that Dom will return to any pbp game here in V&V. Dom is only pushing the game system of his business interests.  Ah well... I've played more Mutants & Mastermind 3rd Ed even myself of late!

Thunderbolt sunphoenix72  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #394 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 2:21am

Thunderbolt wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 8:14pm:
I have mostly given up ANY hope that Dom will return to any pbp game here in V&V. Dom is only pushing the game system of his business interests.  Ah well... I've played more Mutants & Mastermind 3rd Ed even myself of late!

While I would enjoy playing myself, Dom, or anyone else is free to pursue the area's that interest them. I am glad that you have an outlet for your gaming ideas. Smiley Hope all is well with you.

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

On High
Reply #395 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 6:32am

Thunderbolt wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 8:14pm:

I'm actually "pushing" stuff I've written, which includes material for V&V, SUPERS, M&M, and ICONS. Wink And that eats up a LOT of my time. But, as has been pointed out, if you want to tinker around in here, have at it, as I've still got ideas for stuff I'll eventually get around to posting.

dsumner1234  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Indianapolis, IN
Reply #396 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 6:55am

Well good for you Dom... my post was not meant as criticism... I hope you did not take it that way.  I know you're busy doing work you love and that's NEVER a bad thing... it actually a dream come true to find work doing what you love.. comic book heroes and gaming.. best of wishes to you!

And maybe I'll be lucky and run across something you've written for M&M.

But I'd ALWAYS come back t play Thunderbolt if you started posting things for the game here!

Peace. "Justice Like Lightning!"

Thunderbolt sunphoenix72  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

On High
Reply #397 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 2:49pm

Thunderbolt wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 6:55am:
Well good for you Dom... my post was not meant as criticism... I hope you did not take it that way.  I know you're busy doing work you love and that's NEVER a bad thing... it actually a dream come true to find work doing what you love.. comic book heroes and gaming.. best of wishes to you!

And maybe I'll be lucky and run across something you've written for M&M.

But I'd ALWAYS come back t play Thunderbolt if you started posting things for the game here!

Peace. "Justice Like Lightning!"

I've got about a dozen M&M products out there right now if you're interested in them.

dsumner1234  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print