Normal Topic In dreams (Read 2055 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

In dreams
May 12th, 2009 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
   All intellegent beings dream.  We are all fascinated with the twists and turns that our dreams take each night.  What if we could focus our dreams?  What if we could actually control our dreams?  What if we could explore them? 
   Since man could dream, man has been trying to wrest the secrets from our dreams.   A few men have claimed to have pierced the veil of sleep.   J. M. Barrie is said to have really visited Neverland, and wrote his Peter Pan story as a result of exporation of the Dreamworld.   HP Lovecraft, the most advanced dreamer of the 20th Century explored  many worlds interlinked by sleep.
   Some yogas and monks say they can teach a person to True Dream.

True Dreaming.  New Skill.   C-20D20.  One must have a strong control of one's emotions to take control of one's dream.    Once one has taken control of their dream,  the dream becomes as real as the real world.  With the exception  that the Dreamer  makes the rules.    A true Dreamer can spend an eternity in their own dream, and wake up and only one night as passed.   Experience gained in one's own dream are 1/100th what they would be, as there are no real challanges when one is the one making all the rules.  One can then spend an inventing point to make this a "fixed" dream. 

Once one has mastered True Dreaming,  one can then learn Dream Walking.  Wd100.   When you are in a lucid dream state, one looks to a mirror.  When facing one's own reflection in the dream, you reach out to open the mirror like a door.  If the roll is successful, a door is opened to the Dreamworlds.  From this door, one can explore the Subtle Realms.   Beware, once you cross the threshold,  you are no longer  the master.   You are just denizen of the Immateria.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2013 at 2:10pm by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: In dreams
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2012 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
The Dreamworld is created by the concentration of thought and dreams of everyone on an entire world. Dreamspace is the universe created by the vast untold clusters of Dreamworlds. Remember, some infinities are larger than others, and as each dream world (the dream plane version of a world) is as infinite as the imagination of each person, that infinite world is located in a much larger infinity of the dream plane version of the universe.
Experienced Dreamers can travel about Earth's Dreamworld. They can visit other's dreams, they can visit imaginary places, and some can use the pliable dreamtime to visit the Earth in the far future or the far past.
Some dreamers have even claimed to invade the minds of slumbering people, and to live other's lives...

In some books, notablebly the Pnakotic Manuscripts, there are mentions of some places that remained fixed in the Dreamlands. Fabled Olathoe beyond the river Skae is one such place. Lomar is another, and the legendary city of Kadeth, beyond the Cold Wastes has been the failed destination of a few dreamers.
The Great Race of Yith is one of a few races that have come to Earth's Dreamland from "beyond the Gulf of Glaaki". They use the Dreamtime to travel to and from various bodies in the early Solar System to the far future. It is this race that wrote the manuscripts, named after their only remaining city, Pnakotus, in Antarctica.
It is said that only four humans have ever returned from travelling beyond Earth's dreamlands, and three were reduced to gibbering madmen. Only Randolph Carter came back to tell his story. He was able to travel between material worlds also, with the aid of his Silver Key. Alas, he has left Earth altogether and is said to reign as a king in Ulthar.

Scholars and dreamers debate exactly what the Gulf Of Glaaki is. Some say it is the Space between Dreamworlds, other the space between Dream universes! If the later is true, then the Great Race is indeed, a far travelled visitor.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
John,

From a gaming standpoint this skill would have to be learned from someone else who is already a True Dreamer?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #3 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Or you can invent it.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Gotta figure out which character. It would actually fit all three but probably Dick the most. He could have used his Silver key but last he knew it was under his pillow and he was going to De Magic it once he was done with it.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Can their be naked ladies in my dreams?

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #6 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Aren't there always???

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #7 - Jun 8th, 2013 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Bumping This up as it really relates to last nights adventure.

IP Logged

SuperWannabe
Teen Titan

Reply #8 - Jun 8th, 2013 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Invoked by the mantra "Row Row Row you boat, Gently down the stream..... Merrrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily..... Life is but a Dream"  Wink

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #9 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Bumping for Dick reference. He has a new friend and picked up a few skills. Most likely it will get Him in trouble

IP Logged

>