Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Silent Fury (Read 17914 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Silent Fury
May 15th, 2009 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
The son of  Michael Scott,   Randall Scott was a child of privillage.  He studied all over the world and became a proffesor of Japanese History at Columbia University.   One night while taking his wife and son to a Kabuki show, he was attacked.  He was grabbed from behind, throat slit and left for dead.  When he woke up in the hospital, he was left with no voice, and no family. 
   He never even saw who attacked him.  Bitter and broken, he tossed his money around at a Japanese Monastary.  Spending 6 years as a monk, he decided it was time to come back to New York and punish those that took so much from him.   Using the skills of both Samurai and Ninja,  The Silent Fury is an efficient killing machine.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2013 at 11:54am by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: Silent Fury
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2009 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Any stats on this guy?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - May 16th, 2009 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on May 16th, 2009 at 5:33pm:
Any stats on this guy? 

Click on the attachment for his character sheet.
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2009 at 9:57am by John »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #3 - May 17th, 2009 at 8:37am
Print Post  
John wrote on May 16th, 2009 at 6:44pm:
Click on the attackment for his character sheet.

Oops...I seem to have missed that.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #4 - May 19th, 2009 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
John wrote on May 15th, 2009 at 11:22pm:
The son of  Michael Scott,   Randall Scott was a child of privillage.  He studied all over the world and became a proffesor of Japanese History at Columbia University.   One night while taking his wife and son to a Kabuki show, he was attacked.  He was grabbed from behind, throat slit and left for dead.  When he woke up in the hospital, he was left with no voice, and no family. 
   He never even saw who attacked him.  Bitter and broken, he tossed his money around at a Japanese Monastary.  Spending 6 years as a monk, he decided it was time to come back to New York and punish those that took so much from him.   Using the skills of both Samurai and Ninja,  The Silent Fury is an efficient killing machine.

The monks were more than happy to take Randalls money and distribute it to the multitudes of needy. They would have taken him in no matter what just to help him heal. The monks knew they could do nothing to restore his speech, that was either beyond their power or not part of their own agenda. They needed to heal his inner pain, his hatred and anguish. It took them six years before they felt they had succeeded in freeing him of his desire for vengeance through training and self contemplation. Finally they told him it was time to go back home and start his life again.

When Randall dropped his mask of forgiveness during his farewells it took them less than six seconds to realize they had failed. He could no longer speak but the hatred buried deep in his eyes spoke enough to frighten even the eldest of the monks.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #5 - Sep 13th, 2009 at 9:13am
Print Post  
   In an attempt to bury his past Randall Scott decides not to return to New York for now but rather to Los Angeles and moves into Little Tokyo. Too many memories for him to deal with on the east coast and with James Drucker handling all of Randalls financial affairs money is not an issue.

Randall secures the top floor of a warehouse which handles importing Japanese goods for sale in the US market. A sound financial move since he owns the building and is paying rent to his own tenants the money simply reverts back to an account of his own.

The only problem with Little Tokyo is the simple fact that the crime rate is nearly 500% higher than that of the LA County average. Something that Silent Fury plans on cutting down considerably...

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #6 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
   BREAKING NEWS:

The Nikkei Center Plan has been selected for the development of Little Tokyo's Mangrove parcel. The ten acre Mangrove parcel will be developed over the next several years and will include a new shopping mall, affordable housing an arts center and various other projects. The long vacant site sits on the corner of First and Alameda streets and has been owned by the city previously. The announcement has received mixed review from both the local populace and other bidders for the contract.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #7 - Dec 29th, 2009 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
John wrote on May 15th, 2009 at 11:22pm:
The son of  Michael Scott...

Is this by any chance the same Michael Scott that is the Office Manager of the Scranton, PA branch of Dunder-Mifflin?    Grin

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #8 - Mar 16th, 2010 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Two Heroes of note based in California along with Silent Fury.

Xtreme- News tapes have shown him riding some kind of flying snowboard looking device. He has been filmed emiting some sort of blasts that he seems to be able to vary in intensity. He has also been noted to have reflexes beyond that of a normal human.

Lance- News tapes show him as Carrying some sort of Staff about 6' in length. He is able to use this weapon in several ways inluding defensively, offensively as a hand to hand weapon and it has been noted that it can generate instense blasts from it's tip. He has been noted to be able to withstand more abuse than a normal human would appear to be able to.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #9 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 8:42am
Print Post  
   Something did not make sense to many of the Monks that took responsibility for the healing and training of Randall. They had countless students over the centuries and many of those were quite gifted. None of them however had even come close to gaining the skills that Randall was able to gain in just over five years. It was as if these abilities came naturally to him after seeing them for the first time. Was it sheer determination that caused this or something deeper?

It did not make sense to many of the Monks. There was one however who thought he knew the Truth....

« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2010 at 8:44am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #10 - Apr 4th, 2010 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Cool! awesome character and story.  I really like Xtreme as well.  Any chance on sharing his stats too?

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #11 - Apr 4th, 2010 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
No Stats on XTreme since I am hoping to get John as a player for once this decade. He's pretty easy to figure out from the description. If you want the exacts I can send them seperately.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #12 - Apr 4th, 2010 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
That's a very cool picture for him, Oni!

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #13 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
I wish I could take credit for the rendition of Silent Fury but we all know I cannot draw. Once again thanks to Mr. AMG for the drawing.  Give him a general idea and some room for artistic license and there you go.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #14 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
   The Ultimate

This hero burst onto the scene roughly five years ago. He began by performing simple duties from anywhere between foiling bank robberies to rescuing cats from trees. His popularity has grown over these years as has his abilities and Strength. In his early stages he was seen struggling to lift a Volkswagon. Now it appears he could lift a Jumbo jet without any issues. Incredible Strength, Flight and Projects what appear to be some form of Electrical Energy waves. Began his own non profit organization several years ago known as The Ultimate Foundation. It has grown world wide and consists of roughly 10,000 members to date. His popularity with the masses has one Evangelist criticizing the Peoples reaction to him as Hero Worship. The Ultimate's PR staff simply considers him to be an excellent role model.
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2010 at 7:33pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #15 - Apr 28th, 2010 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Construction has begun on The Nikkei Center in Little Tokyo. The 10 acre site has been cleared with minimal disturbance to the local population. What could have turned out to be a major issue with local residents has become a boon after all. Many locals have found work on the site and nearby shops and restaurants have seen some increase in business recently.
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2010 at 8:33pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #16 - May 1st, 2010 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Deciding to channel his fury constructivly, Scott fashioned an alter ego.  Silent Fury would start with baby steps.  With something little.  Something like Little Toyko.
    His first step was to memorise the entire area.  Once he could walk the streets at night with his eyes closed, he went on to step two.
   He hid weapons in selected spots  all over town.   He also hid civillian clothes in other spots.  This would make sure that he would always be near the idenity he would require.
   Then he donated a million dollars to the local hospital.  He knew that it was only a matter of time before he would need the discreet service of a thankful doctor.
  Then he was ready.   

His first night out, he was patroling the town.   On his route, he saw something odd at the Mangrove Center.  Investigating,  Silent Fury was attacked by military Special Ops looking guy with a large rachtet.   Fury took a hit to the back of his head.  Lucky for him, his head is thick.
   Silent Fury took a defensive posture and found to his suprise that three other men had snuck up on him.   Fighting them proved rather easy, but they managed to get off two gun shots.  Fleeing before police arrived, Silent Fury scanned the area with his binnoculars.   He spotted the security guard laying face down.  He returned to aid him.  Finding him chlorophormed, he dialed 911 and left the phone engaged.  He couldn't talk, but he figured the police would trace the call and come.
     Retrieving his civilian clothes,  Silent Fury jogged by as Randal Scott in order to gather some more information.  When the police were about to arrive, an explosion distracted them.     He later found out that a transformer blew, but Silent Fury thinks this can not be a coincidence.
    And the fact that the newspaper neglects to mention the four goons, raises his suspicion.
    This bears further investigation.

To be continued...

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #17 - May 1st, 2010 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
  It had taken nearly two years for Randall Scott to begin his new life as what may be called a Sword of Vengeance. He took his time setting up his new location above a Japanese imports distributor and making sure that he was prepared for any emergency. Randall Scott was a patient man.

He had become well known if not necessarily well liked in the small community of Little Tokyo. An outrageous donation to the local small hospital certainly had increased his popularity somewhat but he still remained aloof to the local populace due to obvious reasons. Communication, or the lack of, being the greatest of these.

Randall did however develop somewhat of a realtionship with his tenant, Mr. "Ken" Kenichi, owner of Daei Trading International. They had previously had some private dealings whenever Mr. Kenichi would come across a piece of Japenese artwork or history that may be of interest. Recently he had come across what appeared to be a very old and even possibly original version of Miyamoto Musashi's Book of Five Rings. This piece had value of anywhere between fifty thousand dollars if it was just and ancient copy to being priceless if it was the actual original version written by the long dead Samurai himself. Unfortunately Randall has yet to determine the validity of either of these possibilities as of yet. The Book did however have enough value for the two gentlemen to come to an amiable business deal regardless of the outcome.

James Drucker, Mr. Scott's Business Manager, would have a private fit when he found out the actual terms of the deal but even a Dark Avenger needed his private amusements from time to time.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #18 - May 22nd, 2010 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
In Other News:

A convoy of trucks on route to deliver equipment and supplies to The Nikkei Center Project in Little Tokyo broke down completely en route this morning. The 11 vehicles completely stopped working from apparent equipment failure. As of now the project manager for the operation has been unavailable for comment. The breakdown has caused a massive back up for miles not to mention unknown costs to the corporation in delays and re distribution of product.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #19 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
   Mr. Scott,

Unfortunately I must begin this weeks report with some troubling news. It seems there was a break in at your New York residence sometime last evening. Our initial investigation has indicated that nothing was stolen however a few bottles from your wine cellar had been opened and mostly consumed. This estimate is roughly three thousand dollars and is easily covered under your homeowners insurance plan. I will have thses replaced immediately.

What I found disturbing was that neither the security cameras or the alarm system were functioning at the time so their was no alarm raised at Central Station Monitoring until this morning. It appears one of the rear doors were opened with a crowbar. The police have of course been called in for investigation but have no real leads as of yet.

I will of course be working with the security company in regards to the issue as well as billing them for my time in this matter. I will request free monitoring service for the next ten years in lieu of litigation against them unless of course you choose to move from this company altogether. Please advise on this matter at your convenience.

We have had two recent offers on the property that I had not bothered to pass on to you as they were well below market value for this estate. It is my opinion that these offers were made based off the assumption that the property is not in use. I have also given the local authorities the information for the two parties who made these offers just to be safe.

On another note you have been recently sent an invitation to a Charity Event here in New York for The Ultimate Foundation. The cost per plate is ten thousand dollars. In most cases I have responded to these types of solicitations with a kind response that you would be unable to attend but still sent a tax deductable donation of 10% in any event. In this particular case I have yet to respond.

It seems one of the Guest performers is your departed wifes sister, Myriam. I believe she will be there as a lead Cellist in the orchestra performing Concertos by Haydn in C major. If I recall correctly this was a favorite in the past.

As with the other request please respond at your convinience. I will of course keep you aware daily of the recent events and have added a private security agent as of now to the residence which i will also be billing the agency for until the matter of the non functioning system is resolved to my satisfaction.

Regards,

James Drucker, Esq.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #20 - Oct 9th, 2010 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Villains of Note

Mach- This individual has incredible speed and the ability of Flight. Standard MO is to wait for vaults to be opened and fly in at incredible speeds, scoop up what he can and take off before anyone can react. There have been no reports of any individuals being robbed by this person.

Apex- Inhuman physical characteristics and looks far beyond the norm. Will become violent only if he is told no when he wants something. It appears he takes it for granted that it would be easier just to give him what he wants. Most often he has requested suites in hotels and free meals at high cost reataurants. There have been no reports of any monetary thefts as it appears he does not need money if simply given what he wants. He is currently staying at the Waldorf Astoria. No arrests have been made since no charges have been filed by Hotel management.

Mayhem- Incredibly Strong and Durable. Has shown the Abilities of Flight and Generation of concussive force blasts from her hands. She has recently been seen in the Company of Apex and it is rumored they are a couple.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2011 at 3:31pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #21 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Mr. Scott,

I must say I was quite pleased to hear of your decision to attend The Ultimate Foundations Gala next month. I have forwarded the Donation check and will secure rooms for you in the same hotel if that is acceptable.

Following up your request for investment in The Nikkei Center Development Project. They are currently not accepting any investors but they are interested in selling the naming rights to both the Childrens Park and The Day Care Center that are under development. The asking price for each is 500K which combined would probably be what they just lost in delays due to recent work stoppage. I found that fact both interesting and somewhat obvious.

It was quite a scare for me to read of the recent events at the project. It seems The Agency was called in to pick up some sort of Super Powered gentlemen. Since this was so close to your current whereabouts I was of course relieved to hear from you and I will naturally assume you were nowhere near this incident at the time.

I have made some inquiries into other properties in the area and it may be wise to invest in something small while the prices are currently low. We are expecting a 20% increase in the value of the building you currently own there over the next year based of the anticipated economic growth due to the new construction of The Center. Unfortunately since you have locked your current tenants lease for the next twenty years at a very inexpensive rate the only profit to be expected would be to sell the building in several years. You certainly do tend to tax my abilities to increase your assets, Sir.

The recent offers made on your New York residence have been rescinded. It was notable that one offer was increased to what would be considered fair market value but that offer was pulled a day after the vandalism. I am guessing word leaked out and possibly the perspective buyer became nervous. I was not previously looking at offers as they were insultingly low. I will be doing some follow up on this one particular piece of information as it peaked my curiosity.

The private firm you requested I hire is currently performing a deeper investigation then the Police did in the Vandalism case. I am awaiting answers to  certain requests you made and should expect results in the next week.

Regards,

James Drucker, ESQ.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #22 - Mar 7th, 2011 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Breaking News:

A Helicopter operated by the Government Agency, S.P.A.R.T.A., crashed into the Pacific Ocean today just off the Californian Coast. Coast Guard vessels were rushed to the scene but it is believed there were no survivors. Four out of Five crew members and another unidentified body have been recovered. Names have not been released.

IP Logged

STORMDANCE
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #23 - Mar 8th, 2011 at 6:40am
Print Post  
That is some awesome artwork for Silent Fury!!!!

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #24 - Mar 8th, 2011 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
Yeah, that's that AMG guy who seems too busy to get back on the board and get some posts in. I will have to address this with him.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #25 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Mr. Scott,

Just a reminder that The Ultimate Foundations Charity Event is this Saturday Night. Your flight reservations have of course already been taken care of as well as the Limo to and from the Airport. I booked you at The Waldorf for simplicity sake as well as comfort of course. Please inform me of any additional requirements you may have.

Regards,

James Drucker, Esq.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #26 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Our Top Story Tonight:

Fire raged through a not so abondoned building in Lower Manhattan tonight. Luckily there were no casualties as The Ultimate, X-Treme and somewhat suprisingly also Apex and Mayhem were on the scene to help combat the blaze and assist with the evacuation of squatters who were still living in the building.

Our own undercover reporter, Adriana Gomez, was on the scene and living with the squatters in the building. Though she is currently receiving medical attention from smoke inhalation she did report thet she was saved by a"Man in Black" . Base reports indicated that this individual swooped into a room she was trapped in, simply tied her to him and either flew or swung out of the building to a lower roof next door. Reports are he never spoke. 

It appears we have another "Hero" in our midst.

The cause of the Fire has yet to be determined.

In other News:

The Body of an unidentified man was found several blocks from the Fire. He was well dressed in a business suit and his chest was simply blown out in a gruesome picture of Murder. Police are investigating.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #27 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
I would make a comment on that, but alas, I am mute.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #28 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Your character does have an IPOD.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #29 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
I only resisted going to the fire because I really thought that  Mr. Argon ( is that his name?) was up to something and the fire was the distraction.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #30 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Darius Agon. I never said he wasn't up to something. Tongue

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #31 - May 26th, 2012 at 9:39am
Print Post  
   Mr. Scott,

I am sorry to indicate to you that your "Secret" is out. Try as we might it appears that certain unknown individuals have leaked information out to the public.

I am of course referring to your origianl works of The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi. You have received several offers from various Museums both here in The States and abroad.

It seems the issue with having a "Priceless" item is that most individuals do not wish to sell these. As your business manager and financial advisor I would point out that so called Priceless items are also valueless items if they are not sold. There would of course be the option of borrowing against the vale of the Book if you so chose but I have not yet explored this option.

The offers I have received so far run in the twenty to thirty million dollar range. The lower bids also include items of trade which I am not an expert in and in the interim I have sent out for quotes to determine true value.

We also received an offer written in Kanji on an Oragami Frog. Since I neither speak nor read Japanese I had to have it translated. This unfortunately was a wasted effort. The offer simply read as "One Yen Coin and Knowledge". This was obviously a joke and not very amusing at that I must say.

In closing I am still efforting information on how the Monastary you studied at in Japan is being subsidized. The information has not been as easy to retrieve as I first thought but I expect to have more information by the end of the week.

Please let me know your decision on any offers at your convenience of course. I would expect to see several more over the course of the next week.

Regards, 

James Drucker, Esq.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #32 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Bumpting Silent Fury up fro Gerry since he will be making a character for my game.

Should be intersting since The Silent Fury is a Mute.

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #33 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Here you go.. neat character!

Silent_Fury.pdf ( 142 KB | 40 Downloads )

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #34 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 9:35am
Print Post  
nice work on that pdf Thunderbolt!

Once Oni and I iron out some descriptions for the 2 psionic powers I rolled, my new mentalist character should be close to finished.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

>