Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Guns, Gadets, and Gear (Read 22137 times)
dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Guns, Gadets, and Gear
May 29th, 2009 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Over the years, I've written up inventions, namely weapons and/or defensive items, for use by characters and/or NPCs. I figure I might as well post some of them here. If any of you guys feel like posting, feel free. Here's the first batch.

Photon Grenades: +2 to hit, 2d8 damage, carrier attack for a Blinding Flash. Flash attacks as Light Control.

Disc Grenades: +2 to hit, 1d10 damage, R=Ax2, 2” blast radius. Agility roll to “bounce” grenades off of solid objects.

Acid Spray: Attacks as Chemical Attack. 1d12 damage. R=2”, damage from the spray affects targets as though they were hit by a Disintegration Ray.

Beam Knife: A wrist mounted laser energy blade used for cutting. +2 to hit, HTH+1d4 damage.

Monofilament Garrote: +4 to hit, HTH +1d6 damage.

Electro-Shock Bolas: +3 to hit, HTH +1d3 damage; Paralysis Ray carrier attack, 6 charges.

Shock Stick: +3 to hit, 1d12 damage; HTH with Lightning Control carrier attack, 8 charges.

« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2015 at 2:44pm by dsumner »  

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: Weapons & Inventions
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
I have a list of my weapons around her someplace.  Damn, I have to organise my notes better.    I know its around here...

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Bumping this up, as I'm finally feeling motivated enough to add more goodies. And gents (ladies?), if you've got something to add, post away.

YIM  
IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
One of my PCs (a martial artist) had a weapon called the "Flying Lotus Blade".  I copied the idea out of a Hong Kong Action Theater movie.  It functioned as a dagger for stabbing, unless the wielder causes it to split into 5 blades (similar to the Glaive from Krull).  It could be thrown and return to the wielder.

Melee as dagger +2 to hit, +1d6 damage
Thrown +3 to hit, disintegration carrier attack

The weapon could cut through anything.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #4 - Jul 29th, 2011 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Tranq Gun: (Poison/Venom Device): Fires special darts. Victim must save vs. END on d100 or fall a sleep as though hit with a Paralysis Ray attack. +3 to hit, R=Agility.

Plasma Grenade: When detonated, they attack as a Disintegration Ray attack, inflicting 1d20 damage to everything within its 1" blast radius.

Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP) Grenades: When detonated, they disrupt all electrical/electronic devices within a 3" blast radius for 3 turns. Cars shut down, computer screens go blank, the lights go out, etc.

Neural Scramblers: Small electronic devices, that when attached to the base of the skull, prevent the victim from forming coherent thoughts, and using mental abilities. The victim must save vs. INT or CHR (which ever is higher) to fight off the effects. 

Thermobaric Grenade: 2d8 damage in a 2" blast radius. The damage inflicted =% chance of collapsing small structures such as single story buildings.

Wireless Data Scanner: A small data retrieval and storage device, that can be attached to data storage devices, without a hardline, to scan their content, and download it. The device is roughly the size of a deck of cards, and is capable of holding up to 5 terabytes of data.

Detonation Tape: Det Tape is a high powered explosive carried in a portable container, that dispenses strips of explosives, like a roll of tape. An adhesive covers on side of the tape, allowing it to be attached to objects. A standard strip detonates with the same force as a hand grenade (1d10 damage, 1" Blast Radius).

Holo-Discs: Small metallic discs that display a life like hologram (Illusions A), for a as long as the power supply will last (I'd suggest no longer than 15 minutes). The hologram can be set to activate on impact, time delayed, motion sensitive, or voice activated.

Plasti-Flesh: A small spray can of chemicals, that when sprayed on wounds, bonds with human skin on contact and accelerates the healing process by providing a layer of artificial skin to seal the wound. The person treated with the chemicals automatically recovers 2 hit points, and their healing rate is doubled for the next 24 hours.
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2015 at 3:32pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #5 - Jul 31st, 2011 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Any of you guys interested in seeing more of this stuff?

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #6 - Jul 31st, 2011 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Yes!  definitely.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #7 - Jul 31st, 2011 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Jul 31st, 2011 at 7:54pm:
Yes!  definitely.

Will do, as I've got a few more tricks in my bag. Just out of curiosity, what do you think of the stuff I've posted so far? And do you guys want to see more weapons, like Paralytic Nerve Gas, and Nono-Gas,  and Power Gauntlets (they'd increase the amount of damage you do when you strike a target in HTH), or gear that could be useful for non-combat encounters, like a Bio-Scanner and Magnetic Anomaly Detectors? Also, don't be shy, if you've got an idea, post away.

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #8 - Jul 31st, 2011 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
I like the weapons, and I would like to see some non weapon gear.  Also, vehicles!

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #9 - Jul 31st, 2011 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Jul 31st, 2011 at 9:04pm:
I like the weapons, and I would like to see some non weapon gear.  Also, vehicles!

I've got an NPC hero named Night Stalker (he's a martial artist with a lot of gadgets), that drives a car called "The Prowler". Lots of cool gadgets built into it (ECM Gear to jam trackers and sensors, hub cap land mines, thermal & radar scanners, that allow him to see through walls, an anti-theft system that responds to his finger prints, and will shock anyone trying to force the doors open, less lethal sonic weapons, and other goodies). In his secret ID, he's the owner of a multi-billion dollar media company. He was blinded by a bomb planted by anarchists, protesting multi-national corporations. I'll try to post him in a bit, as I'm not sure if he's on the external hard drive I've got with me, or at home.

YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #10 - Aug 1st, 2011 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
My first PC for V&V was named Nightstalker!    Smiley

So what exactly is a "Beam Knife" (from the first post in this thread)?

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #11 - Aug 1st, 2011 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Aug 1st, 2011 at 12:16pm:
My first PC for V&V was named Nightstalker!    Smiley

So what exactly is a "Beam Knife" (from the first post in this thread)?

It's a small laser "blade" used for cutting.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: Guns, Gadets, and Gear
Reply #12 - Aug 1st, 2011 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Gravity Mines: Small "mines" that would act as Gravity Control, in a 2" radius, for 5 turns, when activated. They can be pre-programmed to increase or decrease Gravity by a factor of 10.

Leechers: Small devices, that could be attached to electrical devices. They'd act like a Devitalization Ray attack, draining 3d6 power for the device for 3 turns, more than one device can be attached.

Scramblers: Small devices that when attached to an electronic device, and activated, they disrupt them for 2d4 turns.

Comm Descrambler: It would allow you to break into, and monitor scrambled communications like radio transmissions and video. I figure it could be worn on the wrist like a little TV monitor.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2011 at 10:33pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #13 - Aug 16th, 2011 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Paralytic Neurotoxin: Attacks as Poison/Toxin. When exposed the poison, the victim must save vs. END, or is affected as though they were attacked with Paralysis Ray, and is completely immobilized. Normal “wake up” rolls apply, to overcome the effects, with the victim gaining a +1 bonus for every 15 minutes that passes.

Anti-Toxin: Overcomes the effects of Neurotoxin. A single dose will completely reverse the affects of a neurotoxin within 3 minutes.

« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2011 at 8:33pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #14 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Mini-Grenades: 1d4 damage, 1” Blast Radius

Psychic Chaff: Prevents the use of Telepathy, and related mental abilities, by producing “mental static”.

Choke Dust: Attacks as Chemical Power. The victim must save vs. END, or begin gasping for air, as though they were choking, being able to perform no other actions.

Confusion: An odorless, colorless gas that attacks as Emotion Control. The victim must save vs. INT or become disoriented, confused, unable order to concentrate and form complete thoughts. If save is failed, the victim losses that action stumbling around trying to shake off the gas' effects.

Bio-Scanner: An electronic medical device that can be used for the following purposes:

a) To determine whether the person being scanned is human, superhuman, or an extraterrestrial.
b) To determine basic medical information such as heart rate, blood pressure, body temp, etc.
c) To determine the extent of any injuries, such as broken bones, heart attacks, lacerations, burns, etc. and how serious they are.
d) In the event an injury is detected, to recommend a course of action.

More to follow.
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2015 at 3:33pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #15 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
I've got a few more items I'll still working out the kinks on (X-Ray Lenses, Coagulator Darts, Flicker Screens, and some others) but I'll try to post them this weekend. Also, if you guys want to contribute, feel free. And while of thinking about it, what do you guys think about the stuff I've posted so far?

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #16 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
I love all of this!  I am trying to make a file for my players to use.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #17 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Aug 25th, 2011 at 8:29pm:
I love all of this!  I am trying to make a file for my players to use.

Don't use this one.

Psychic Chaff: Prevents the use of Telepathy, and related mental abilities, by producing “mental static”.

« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2011 at 9:24pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #18 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
John, I know you asked for some vehicles, so I'm playing around with some stats for a Turbo Sub, Steel Talon Flying Wing Assault System (and hopefully some decent pics).

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #19 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Acid Cloud Grenade: Attacks as Chemical Powers. Creates a 1" x 1" cloud of gas that inflicts 2d8 damage to anyone in contact with it. Victims, and objects, within the cloud are affected as though they were hit with a Disintegration Ray.

Paralytic Nerve Gas: Attacks as Poison/Venom. A colorless, orderless, gas that when released, causes paralysis in its victims. The victim(s) must save vs. END, or become paralyzed, and unable to move, for 1d4 hours. Victim is allowed normal save, every 15 mins, to attempt to overcome the gas' effects.

Stasis Chamber: Places anyone inside the chamber into a state of suspended animation, where their heart rate, and brain activity hover just above death. While in this state, the person will age at a greatly reduced rate, and wounds will slowly be allowed to heal (The exact rate they will heal at, is left up to the GM to determine, but I'd suggest 1/5 to 1/10 the normal rate).

Psychic Dampers: Electronic devices that prevent the use of psionic/mental abilities within a certain radius. 

Regen: A bio-engineered chemical that greatly increases healing, by doubling a character's normal healing rate, for a short period of time (1d4 days). Only one dose may be taken at a time, and only one dose per a 7 day period, or serious side effects could occur (1d4 damage, and the character acts as though fatigued for 1d4 days).

Adrenalizine : Designed as a sort term chemical stimulant that will boost a character's Power Score by 1d4x5 points per dose (Up to a 4 doses). The compound is highly addictive, and continuous use will have adverse affects on the body. If more than one dose is taken at a time, the character must make a save vs. END, with each additional dose, increasing the chance of failure by 1, or the character passes out, and go into shock.

In addition to the addictive effects of the drug, other side effects, of long term use include, increased aggressiveness (after two to three days of use, the character must begin making saves vs, intelligence to remain calm in high stress situations). For every 3-6 months of continuous use (roll 1d4), the character will lose 1 point of END from the stress being placed on their bodies (the points can be recovered through medical treatment - rehab, and training). After 1 year of use, a maximum of 3 points may be recovered through this manner, and all other END damage is permanent. In the event the character sustains enough damage, to his END score, that it drops to 0, the character will die, as his body has succumbed to the effects of long term drug use. 
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2011 at 9:40pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #20 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
This is some good information. I might like to incorporate some of these items into Skyhawk's utility belt. Smiley

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #21 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
I know, I have frantically cut and paste this for the Machinist.

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #22 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Blackout Grenades: when detonated, they create a 2"x2" area of darkness.

Flame Cloud Grenade: Attacks as Flame Powers. Creates a 2"x2" flaming cloud, that attacks as Flame Control, for 1d12 damage. The cloud burns for 1 turn.

Frost Grenade: Attacks as Ice Powers. Freezes objects within a 2"x2" area, inflicting 1d12 damage.

Fluid Gun: R=A/2. Consists of a backpack, hose, and high-pressure dispenser. The "gun" (the dispenser) is used to dispense a number of liquids. Some examples are:

a) Sticky Foam: Covers a surface with a super-sticky foam like substance that traps the character in place. The character must make a % save. vs. STR to break fee.
b) Slippery Foam: An Anti-Traction Material (ATM), “that renders surfaces as slippery as wet ice.” Anyone coming into contact, with the affected area, would have a 5% chance to remain standing, or loose their footing (as per the falling in darkness rules). Vehicles would loose control and crash, etc.
c) Endothermic Foam: An inert gel, that when applied to a surface, and activated, will cause that object to freeze solid. Metal will become brittle enough that it can be shattered from a strong impact.
d) Exothermic Foam: An inert gel, that when applied to a surface, and activated, will burn through solid metal.
e) Corrosive Acid: A highly corrosive acid, that when sprayed on metal, plastic, wood, etc. it’d eat through it like Disintegration Ray. Attacks as Chemical Powers, and does 2d8 vs. the item’s, SR.
f) OC Foam: Attacks as Chemical Power. OC spray suspended in a foam base. When struck, the victim must save vs. END, or they are effective blinded, as though struck by a Flash attack.

Vibro-Mines: Vibro-Mines mines emit a series of pulsed vibrations that attack as Vibratory Powers, inflicting 1d12 points of damage to all structures, in a 5" radius. Characters within the affected radius, must save vs. AGL, or loose their footing, and fall.

SPECIALTY AMMUNITION:

Armor Piercing Ammo: +2 points damage.
Explosive Ammo: 1d10 damage. 1” burst radius
Heat Seeking Ammo: +4 to hit
Mercy Rounds: Target is affected as though they were hit with a Paralysis Ray attack.
Taser Ammo: Carrier for a 1d12 electrical attack.

Stealth Suit: Effectively makes the character invisible to electronic forms of detection. Attempts to use normal senses to detect a character wearing a Stealth Shit are at 50% effectiveness, rounded down.

Voice Modulator: An electronic device used to disguise a characters voice, effectively allowing the character to mimic the voice patterns of anyone the device is programed for.

I've got more, but I'm still tinkering with the write-ups for the X-Ray contact lenses, Strobe Grenades, and a few others. And once again, if you guys want to contribute, feel free.

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #23 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
I have a smaller list of stuff for my game in the thread called  the tool shed.

edit- Man  I have to edit my tool shed thread.  I didn't realise there were so many typos!
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2011 at 11:56pm by John »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #24 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Aug 28th, 2011 at 11:43pm:
I have a smaller list of stuff for my game in the thread called  the tool shed.

Silly Jell, hmmm.....

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #25 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
So, have any of you guys tried this stuff out yet?

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #26 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Haven't played in about a month, so no.

IP Logged

Mach Hammer
Sidekick

The Hammer is Back!

Reply #27 - Sep 3rd, 2011 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Watched Limitless last night, and liked it...

Drug NZT - increases Intelligence 3d10, allows user to utilize 100% of brain capacity.  Does not give psychic abilities, but does give access to everything the user has ever seen or heard. 

Highly addictive, 1 dose last 8 hours.  Continued use will cause dependence.

Discontinuing use will result in withdrawals, including headaches, vomiting, eventually unconsciousness and death.

Probably more a plot device than something a character would use...

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #28 - Dec 28th, 2011 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys would be interested in seeing a free pdf of all this stuff, and a few new items?

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #29 - Dec 28th, 2011 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
ME!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #30 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Dec 28th, 2011 at 8:24pm:
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys would be interested in seeing a free pdf of all this stuff, and a few new items?

That would be nice.  It's tough compiling these from all the different places, and having them in one document would be awesome!   

Thanks for taking the time to make and post these!   Smiley

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #31 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
I plan to start putting it together next week, as I'm taking some much needed down time, and finishing up some stuff I had to back burner while I was gone. Also, if you get a few minutes shoot me an email, or give me a call.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #32 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
I'm also looking for some decent looking artwork to use, as I think a visual reference would add a little something.
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2011 at 8:32pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #33 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
You can take the stuff from my thread the Tool Shed if you want.... Cheesy

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #34 - Jan 14th, 2012 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
OK, after much procrastination on my part, I finally started putting together a PDF last night. Once it's finished, I'll upload it, and post a link for the download.

YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Topic Tools

>