Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) DC Villains for V&V (Read 28140 times)
dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: DC characters for V&V
Reply #70 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
I'm SLOWLY trying to flesh out the power descriptions so that people who aren't familiar with the characters, have better understanding of how their powers work. So, if you've got questions, feel free to ask. I'll either go back and rework the write-up, or try to answer them to the best of my ability.
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2010 at 10:17am by dsumner »  

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #71 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Riot

Identity: Frederick von Frankenstein
Side: Evil 
Affiliation: Superman Revenge Squad     
Sex: Male
Level: 3
Training: Agility

Powers:
1. Bio-Fission: Riot has the ability to create duplicates of himself at will, or upon impact (he's punched, falls down, smacks himself, etc.), up to a maximum of one duplicate per hit point he has left. He can reintegrate the duplicates whenever he chooses.  Each of the duplicates has one hit point. PR=1 per duplicated created per turn.
2. Body Power: Adhesion: Riot can stick to walls allowing him to move at his normal rate of speed.
3. Heightened Agility (A): +8.
4. Heightened Defense: -4 to be hit while conscious and mobile.
5. Natural Weaponry: +1 to hit, +2 damage.
6. Phobia/Psychosis: Insanity: Quite simply put, Riot is as nutty as a fruit cake.

S: 13
E: 16
I: 13
A: 25
C: 13

Origin/Background: Frederick von Frankenstein was the last in a long line of scientists from a prominent family. His father put tremendous pressure on him to succeed: in school, in the lab, etc. The sheer volume of work proved too much for one man, so Freddy used his uncle Hal's phase shifter to create duplicate copies of himself, trying to be the best at everything. During this time, he developed a means to allow himself to stick to virtually any surface. Unfortunately, the duplication process activated a metagene--eventually, Freddy realized he no longer needed the machine to create duplicates, and his face took on the appearance of a skeleton. Also, since he was no longer one person, he could no longer fall asleep. Sleep deprivation quickly drove him insane, and his father banished him from the lab. He turned to a life of crime and adopted the name Riot.
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2013 at 4:39pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #72 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Sinestro

Identity: Sinestro
Affiliation: Yellow Lanterns/Injustice League    
Level: 18
Training:

Powers:
1. Willpower (A): PR=1 per turn, or use as a defense.
2. Heightened Endurance (A): +8.
3. Special Weapon: Qwardian Power Ring: 200 charges.
a) Flight: PR=1 charge per hour of flight.
b) Solid Energy Illusions (B): Creation points = 2x current Charges.
c) Force Field: PR=1 charge per 2 points of damage blocked.
d) Power Blast: 1d20 damage, R=30", PR=1 charge per shot.
e) Telekinesis:
f) Life Support: PR=1 charge per hour.
g) Heightened Senses: 3x detect hidden
h) Light Control: 2d8 damage,
i) Absorption: Absorbed damage goes to recharge expended power. 
4. Heightened Expertise: +4 to hit w/Power Ring.
5. Special Requirement: Must recharge Power Ring from yellow power battery.

STR: 12
END: 16
AGL: 14
INT: 16
CHR: 19

Origin/Background: Sinestro of Korugar, custodian of space sector 1417, was regarded as an unparalleled Green Lantern, and selected to instruct Hal Jordan in the use and mastery of his power ring. Ironically, Korugar was a world oppressed by its own watchman as Sinestro felt order should be enforced with fear and intimidation. Seeing this, the Guardians of the Universe stripped Sinestro of his power ring and banished him to the antimatter universe of Qward.

Armed with a yellow power ring supplied by the Qwardian Weaponers, a vengeful Sinestro sowed destruction across the universe, becoming Hal Jordan's greatest foe.

Combat Tactics/M.O.:

Personality/Character Traits: Condescending.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2013 at 1:03am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #73 - May 3rd, 2010 at 9:56am
Print Post  
THE DUMMY

Identity: ?                         
Affiliation: Injustice Unlimited       
Level: 8                           
Training: Accuracy

Powers/Training:
1. Special Weapon: Laser Cane: Attacks as Light Control. 2d8 damage. R=16". 12 charges.
2. Heightened Expertise: +4 to hit with Laser Cane.
3. Training: +3 to hit with pistol
4. Physical Handicap: Dwarfism: -2 strength, 0.5 x weight

Equipment/Weapons:
1. Automatic Pistol: +3 to hit, 1d8 damage, -1 per each additional shot, R=72". 8 rounds per magazine.

Weight:  100 lbs.            
Basic Hits: 2
Agility Mod: –                  
Strength: 9
Endurance: 10                  
Agility: 12
Intelligence: 16                  
Charisma: 16
Reactions from Good: -1/Evil: +1
Hit Mods: 1.56                  
Hit Points: 3
Healing Rate: 0.5
Power: 47      
Damage Mod.: +2            
Accuracy: +1                              
Carrying Capacity: 86 lbs.      
Basic HTH Damage: 1d3
Movement Rates: 31” ground
Detect Hidden: 12%            
Detect Danger: 16%
Inventing Points:  11.8            
Inventing: 42%

Origin/Background: Little has been revealed about the origins of The Dummy. He is a criminal genius who exactly resembles a ventriloquist’s dummy. Danny the Dummy, a pint-sized ventriloquist in a top hat and suit, has a hit act in which he plays the dummy to a normal sized "ventriloquist" Matt (who is revealed as the real dummy at the end of each show). But the fact that people invariably refer to Danny as "the Dummy" infuriates him, and inspires him to use dummies for crime to make dummies out of the law.

Combat Tactics/M.O.:

Personality and Character Traits:
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2013 at 4:45pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #74 - May 4th, 2010 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Owlman

Identity: Thomas Wayne Jr.
Side: The Crime Syndicate   
Level: 17
Training: Damage

Powers:
1. Heightened Intelligence (A): +8.
2. Heightened Defense: -4 to be hit while conscious and mobile.
3. Acrobatics:
a) Evasion can be performed with the cost of movement only at any part of a turn.
b) Knock Back Recovery: When knocked back from a hit, an Agility save allows Owlman to recover without taking damage.
c) Falling Recovery: When falling from a height of less than Ax2, an Agility save will result in Owlman's Agility score being subtracted from any damage taken. This is normally done only at A" in height for others at PR=3.
4. Willpower (A): PR=1 per turn, or per use as a defense.
5. Natural Weaponry Device (Claws): +3 to hit, +6 damage.
6. Heightened Expertise: +4 to hit with everything.
7. Special Weapon: Utility Belt:
a) Razorrangs: +2 to hit, HTH+1d2 damage, R=23".
b) Blood Seekers: +4 to hit (only if target is bleeding), HTH+1d2 damage, R=23".
c) Swing Line:
8. Training: +4 accuracy with HTH attacks.

Inventions/Weapons/Equipment:
1. Armored Costume: Provides him with 6 points of Invulnerability.
2. Glider Wings: Owlman has a set of wings that allow him to glide on air currents. 100" max glide speed.
3. Heightened Sense Device (Cowl): Night Vision: No penalties for darkness; 4x Detect Hidden/Danger.

S: 19
E: 19
A: 23
I: 23
C: 26

Origin/Background: Thomas Wayne Jr. is the son of Gotham City PD’s Commissioner Wayne. A policeman murdered his mother and brother Bruce when Thomas Jr. refused to accompany him for questioning. Thomas Jr. escaped the crime scene with the hoodlum Joe Chill, whom he considered his hero. Thomas Jr. blamed his father for the deaths of his mother and brother and seeks revenge on his father as well as working for Crime Boss Gordon as Owlman. He increased his own IQ with a drug-enhancer for his cerebral cortex and has a range of technological and physical skills.

Combat Tactics/M.O.:

Personality/Character Traits:
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2020 at 11:06pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #75 - May 4th, 2010 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Madame Rouge

Identity: Laura DeMille    
Affiliation: Brotherhood of Evil    
Sex: Female                   
Level: 6                           

Powers:
1. Transformation (C): Shapeshifter: (Disguise): The character can assume the appearance of any creature of relatively the same size and build. This may include physical abilities of shape assumed (body powers, wings, natural weaponry, etc.). The GM should inform the character whether he has picked up any pertinent abilities once the disguise is assumed. The character will probably be able to simulate the garb of whatever he changes into as well. It takes one action to change, with no power cost. Characters coming into contact with a disguised character are allowed one saving throw on percentile dice vs. their Intelligence score to see through the ruse, and an additional saving throw attempt whenever the impostor does something to give himself away (GM's decision as to when this occurs).
2. Stretching: Maximum length = 88". Maximum area is a square 44 inches on a side. Maximum cubic size is 22 inches in thickness. PR = 1 per use as a defense.
3. Regeneration: Can't heal damage from chemical attacks.
4. Training: +2 to hit, +1 damage in HTH
5. Phobia/Psychosis: Multiple Personality Disorder: Madame Rouge has two distinct personalities. The Evil Madame Rouge, and the Good Laura DeMille.

Weight:  120 lbs.            
Basic Hits: 3
Strength: 14
Endurance: 14                  
Agility: 16
Intelligence: 14                  
Charisma: 16
Reactions from Good: -2 / Evil: +2
Hit Mods: 2.9568             
Hit Points:  9
Healing Rate: .9
Power: 58                              
Damage Mod.: +1                  
Accuracy: +2                              
Carrying Capacity: 249 lbs.      
Basic HTH Damage: 1d6
Movement Rates: 44” ground
Detect Hidden: 10%            
Detect Danger: 14%
Inventing Points:  8.4            

Origin/Background: Young actress Laura DeMillie's career was ruined by a car accident that left her mentally unbalanced. Her schizophrenia attracted the attention of the sinister Brain and Monsieur Mallah. They used a ray device to suppress the positive side of her personality and unleash the evil half, which was named Madame Rogue. Together they formed the Brotherhood of Evil. Madame Rouge gained her super-powers after undergoing an experimental procedure performed by Brain and Mallah.

Combat Tactics/M.O: <<< PLACE HOLDER >>>

Personality and Character Traits: <<< PLACE HOLDER >>>
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2020 at 10:07am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #76 - May 4th, 2010 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Killer Frost II

Identity: Dr. Louise Lincoln
Affiliation: Secret Society of Supervillains      
Level: 5

Powers:
1. Absorption: Heat:
2. Ice Powers: 1d12 damage, Ice clings on a hit, no Ice Armor, Ice creations. See pg. 13 for complete description of this power.
3. Heightened Attack: +1 point damage, per level.
4. Speed Bonus: Ice Slides: +50" ground speed.

S: 14
E: 14
A: 16
I: 15
C: 12

Origin/Background: Dr. Louise Lincoln is the second woman to be known as Killer Frost. Lincoln assumed the abilities and appearance of this frigid femme fatale from Dr. Crystal Frost, Lincoln’s friend and colleague. Years earlier, the shy physicist Frost was locked inside an experimental thermofrost chamber that altered her body chemistry and transformed her into a coolly confident super-villain able to generate intense cold. As Killer Frost, Crystal Frost sought revenge against male scientists she believed were prejudiced against women, including fellow physicist Martin Stein, one half of the super hero Firestorm and Frost’s past paramour.

Louise Lincoln, believing that her tortured friend deserved to live more than she did, transferred the powers of Killer Frost to herself, becoming the second Killer Frost.
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2013 at 6:21pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #77 - May 4th, 2010 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Syonide

Identity: ?
Level: 6

Powers:
1. Special Weapon: Electro Whip: +3 to hit, HTH+1d12 damage from electrical charge.
2. Heightened Expertise: +4 to hit w/whips
3. Poison/Venom Device: Pistol: Fires one of two types of pellets:
a) Stun Pellets: Save vs. END on d100 or victim falls unconscious for 3d10 minutes.
b) Poison Rounds: Save vs. END on d100 or victim is effected as though they were hit with a Devitalization Ray attack.

E: 16
A: 16
I: 12
C: 12

Origin/Background: Tobias Whale hired an unnamed woman to take the identity of Syonide after Syonide I proved to be overly emotional and committed suicide.

Combat Tactics/M.O.:

Personality/Character Traits: The new Syonide is the polar opposite of her predecessor, cold-blooded and methodical; a perfect mercenary.
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2013 at 5:10pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #78 - May 4th, 2010 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Vandal Savage

Identity: Vandal Savage
Level: 22

Powers:
1. Body Power: Immortality: In addition to never aging, he's completely immune to the effects of poison and disease.
2. Heightened Strength A: +8.
3. Heightened Endurance A: +8.
4. Willpower A: PR=1 per turn when used as a Defense.
5. Natural Weaponry: +3 to hit, +6 HTH damage.
6. Heightened Expertise: +4 to hit w/archaic weapons.
7. Special Requirement: Vandal Savage must regularly drink human blood to retain his powers and every so often must consume the bodily organs of his descendants in order to maintain his health and immortality.

S: 19
E: 19
A: 18
I: 23
C: 21

Origin/Background:
Roughly 50,000 years ago, Vandal Savage was a member of the Blood People, a tribe of Cro-Magnons. The young Vandal saw his father, the chieftain Vandar Adg, murdered by Rip Hunter, a time traveller from the 20th century. Hunter knew that Vandal Savage would become immortal and found the Illuminati, a secret society that would menace the Earth of his own time. Hunter killed Vandal Savage's father, thinking him to be Vandal Savage himself. But shortly afterward, Hunter realized his mistake: The chieftain's son would take the name Vandar Adg after his father's death and would succeed him as leader of the tribe. It was the son who would become Vandal Savage, master of the Illuminati.

Later, a strange fiery meteor fell from the sky and seemingly burst into flaming gases over the younger Vandar Adg's head. Vandar Adg collapsed and fell into a deep coma, from which he eventually awakened. As time passed, Vandar Adg realized that he had become immortal, for others around him grew old and died while he did not.

The man who became known as Vandal Savage embarked on a quest for power that has lasted throughout the millennia. Savage has spent centuries securing power, mostly from behind the scenes.

Personality/Character Traits: Vandal Savage is the very personification of cultured arrogance, but deep down still has the personality of a brutal tribal leader. He treats everyone as ephemeral and expendable, because to him they are. His greatest fear is infirmity
and death, and he will literally sacrifice anyone or anything to ensure his own survival.
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2020 at 11:08pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Black Bolt
Avenger

Leader of the Inhuman
Debating Society

Reply #79 - May 4th, 2010 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Nice work, dsumner!

Cheers,
Tim

IP Logged

Mike
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #80 - May 4th, 2010 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
I like this batch of write-ups as well. Here's a quick question for DS: I notice that you give Willpower A a PR cost of 1 per hour or per use as a defense. The rulebook says Willpowr A has "a PR of one per turn" or per use as a defense.

Do you have a houserule that makes Willpower A last longer (an hour instead of a turn), or is it a translation caveat based on the way the DC characters seem to use Willpower? I'm just curious because it looked like a pattern with Blue Beetle and Hector Hammond.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2010 at 12:38am by Mike »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #81 - May 5th, 2010 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Mike wrote on May 4th, 2010 at 11:58pm:
I like this batch of write-ups as well. Here's a quick question for DS: I notice that you give Willpower A a PR cost of 1 per hour or per use as a defense. The rulebook says Willpowr A has "a PR of one per turn" or per use as a defense.

Do you have a houserule that makes Willpower A last longer (an hour instead of a turn), or is it a translation caveat based on the way the DC characters seem to use Willpower? I'm just curious because it looked like a pattern with Blue Beetle and Hector Hammond.

Actually yes I do, and I'd been using it for so long that I'd actually forgotten about the actual rule.  Embarrassed  Now I've got to go through these and correct them Sad

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #82 - May 5th, 2010 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Rag Doll

Identity: Peter Merkel
Affiliation: Injustice Society                   
Level: 7
Training: Defense

Powers:
1. Heightened Agility A: +10.
2. Heightened Charisma A: +12.
3. Heightened Defense: -4 to be hit.
4. Acrobatics: Evasion can be performed with the cost of movement
only at any part of a turn.
5. Natural Weaponry: +3 to hit, +6 damage.

A: 21
I: 14
C: 23

Origin/Background: Contortionist Peter Merkel was so flexible he was said to be “triple-jointed.” When the carnival he worked for went bankrupt, he decided to try his hand at theft. Disguised as a life-sized rag doll, he hid in a department store stock room until closing, then robbed it overnight. Having succeeded once, he embarked on a criminal career in Keystone City.

« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2020 at 10:09am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #83 - May 10th, 2010 at 3:28am
Print Post  
DARKSEID

Identity: Prince Uxas
Affiliation: New Gods
Base of Operations: Apokolips                     
Level: 22
Training: Endurance

Powers:
1. God Like: Darkseid is a New God who’s god like form grants him the following abilities:
a) Heightened Abilities: Strength=150, Endurance=75, 35 points of Invulnerability.
b) Increased Density: 4x normal weight.
2. Omega Beams: Omega Energy that can be used for one of the following effects:
a) Destructive Energy Beams from eyes. Attacks as Disintegration Ray. 2d20 damage, R=100", PR=2 per shot. The Omega Beams will home in on a target, bypassing objects in their path.
b) Teleportation: Darkseid can use his Omega Beams to teleport people against their will. PR=4, max. teleport range = Power x 1000
c) Revivification: Darkseid is able to resurrect any being destroyed by his Omega Beams. PR as per Revivification.
3. Willpower (A): PR=1 per turn, or when used as a defense.
4. Heightened Charisma (B): +20.
5. Heightened Intelligence (B): +20.
6. Dimensional Travel Device: Boom Tube:

Weight: 1000 lbs.                  
Basic Hits: 20
Agility Mod: -4                        
Strength: 150
Endurance: 75                        
Agility: 12
Intelligence: 38                      
Charisma: 35
Reactions from Good: -7 / Evil: +7
Hit Mods:
Hit Points:
Healing Rate: 32               
Power: 275 
Accuracy: +10                      
Damage Mod.: +10
Carrying Capacity: lbs.
Basic HTH Damage:         
Movement Rates: 212” ground
Detect Hidden: 26%                  
Detect Danger: 30%
Inventing Points:                     
Inventing: 114%

Origin/Background: Prince Uxas is the son of Queen Heggra of Apokolips, one of the two planets that are home to the race known as the New Gods. He planned to gain the throne at any cost. Second in line to the throne behind his brother Drax, Uxas created political upheaval while his brother attempted to make peace with the nearby world of New Genesis. When Drax attempted to claim the fabled Omega Force and assume godhood, Uxas murdered him and claimed the power for himself. Renaming himself Darkseid after the apocryphal god, Uxas assumed the throne and began a war with New Genesis.

Combat Tactics/M.O.:

Notes: As you can see Darkseid is NASTY. If anything, I may have made him a little underpowered. He's capable of laying waste to most huge amounts of territory and taking on the entire JLA single handed. I'll flesh out the details on his Boom Tube later.
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2013 at 7:39am by dsumner »  

Darkseid.pdf ( 83 KB | 31 Downloads )

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #84 - May 10th, 2010 at 4:29am
Print Post  
Silver Banshee

Identity: Siobhan McDougal

Powers:
1. Heightened Strength (B): +18.
2. Heightened Endurance (B): +13.
3. Heightened Agility: +8.
4. Speed Bonus: +100”.
5. Invulnerability: 15 Points.
6. Mystical Based Mutant Power: Banshee's Wail: Attacks as Sonic Abilities, requires (2) rolls to hit; one for the sonic attack, one for the Death Touch. The victim is affected as though struck with Death Touch. If the victim successfully makes both saving throws, they're only affected as though struck with a Sonic Abilities attack, and take 1d12 damage. If they fail (1) one saving throw, they take 1d12 damage, and are affected as though struck with a Devitalization Ray attack. If both saving throws fail, the victim is reduced to a desiccated husk and dies. See below for additional special requirement.
7. Teleportation:
8. Special Requirement: Silver Banshee’s wail can kill anyone as long as she can see her victim and knows the victim's true identity.

S: 28
E: 23
A: 19
I: 13
C: 16

Origin/Background: Siobhan McDougal was the first-born child of Garrett McDougal, the patriarch of an old Gaelic clan that has occupied an island midway between Scotland and Ireland for a thousand generations. On that island is Castle Broen, where first-born McDougals enter to undergo a ritual to prove themselves worthy to lead the clan. When Siobhan was young she travelled the world, only returning to Castle Broen when she heard of her father's death. Her uncle Seamus was determined that no woman would lead the clan, and intended her brother Bevan to become the new patriarch. She went ahead with the family ritual by herself, which involved calling on supernatural forces for power. Bevan interrupted her, and the distraction proved disastrous as she was dragged away into an infernal netherworld. An entity called "the Crone" granted her powers and the ability to return to Earth as the Silver Banshee, but demanded payment in the form of an occult book that belonged to her father. She found that her father's book collection had been shipped off for sale in the United States. Her quest brought her to Metropolis, and as she killed anyone that stood in the way of her search, she attracted the attention of Superman.

Combat Tactics/M.O.:

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2013 at 6:03pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #85 - May 10th, 2010 at 4:37am
Print Post  
SOLOMON GRUNDY

"Grundy not like man with green ring, he hurt Grundy."

Identity: Cyrus Gold         
Level: 11                           

Powers:
1. Size Change: Larger: Permanent: Height Factor: 1.5, Weight Factor: 3.7
2. Heightened Endurance B: +30
3. Heightened Strength B: +30
4. Invulnerability: 30
5. Body Power: Resurrection: Grundy is a Zombie, and his body can be resurrected using the proper magics. 
6. Lowered Intelligence: -6

Weight: 840 lbs.                     
Basic Hits: 17
Agility Mod: -4                        
Strength: 50
Endurance: 45                        
Agility: 8
Intelligence: 7                        
Charisma: 8
Reactions from Good: - / Evil: -
Hit Mods:                              
Hit Points: 224   
Healing Rate: 23.8      
Power: 112                   
Damage Mod.: -1                              
Accuracy: -2                                                       
Carrying Capacity: 54,390 lbs.
Basic HTH Damage: 5d10      
Movement Rates: 105” ground
Detect Hidden: 6%                
Detect Danger: 11%
Inventing Points: 7                   
Inventing: 21%

Origin/Background: In 1894, the wealthy Cyrus Gold was attacked by a man named Jem, who wanted Gold's money. Jem's girlfriend Rachel Rykel, was a prostitute Gold had once bought services from, and the two had tried to blackmail Gold about it. When Gold refused to pay her, Jem severely injured him, took his money, and left the body to die in the murky heart of Gotham City's Slaughter Swamp. In the moment before sinking under the mud, Cyrus Gold cursed his murderers and swore to God, he would somehow be revenged. Since the event soon became a legend, there have been many other versions of this story, but the main content is the same: Gold was killed and his body sunk into the swamp.

Over the next fifty years, Gold's skeleton lay at the swamp's bottom, accumulating decaying leaves, rotting wood, and other debris, and gradually formed into a gigantic creature that somehow imitated a strange form of pseudo-life.

In 1944, this creature rose from the swamp, with tremendous strength and some dormant memories that for example allowed him to speak English, but not knowing what he was, and not remembering Cyrus Gold or his fate. Wandering throughout the swamp, he encountered two escaped criminals, killed them, and took their clothes. Shortly thereafter, he met a group of men in a hobo camp. When they asked him his name, he simply muttered that he had been born on Monday. Reminded of an old nursery rhyme about a man born on Monday, the thugs named the creature "Solomon Grundy", and impressed by his great strength, took him on a crime spree throughout Gotham City.

Combat Tactics: Grundy will usually focus his attention on one particular target, trying to pound that his opponent into submission. He'll rarely evade, and never saves an action.

Notes: Grundy's power levels vary wildly depending on who's writing him. In some cases Batman was able to take him down, while in others, he could go toe-to-toe with Superman.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2022 at 8:06pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #86 - May 10th, 2010 at 5:11am
Print Post  
Chemo

Identity: Chemo
Affiliation: None         
Level: 9

Powers:
1. Robotic Body: 25% Human Appearance. +30 Strength. With the following built in powers: Size Change: Larger (modified): Permanent: Height Factor: 4; Weight Factor 64. No Agility reduction from weight increase. Chemo can alter his height from 25' to over 100'. PR=2 to grow.
2. Chemical Power: Permanent: Chemo's body is filled with swirling mass of highly toxic chemicals.
a) Chemo is capable of spewing corrosive acid. A hit inflicts 2d8 damage, and the target is affected as though it was hit by a Disintegration Ray attack. R=Ex2, PR=8 per attack.
b) Poison/Venom: Chemo can spew a brew of toxic chemicals, that have a number of effects on his victims:
I) Noxious Vapors: Victim is affected as though they were attacked with Devitalization Ray. 3d10 damage to Power. R=70", PR=3
II) Toxic Vapors: Victim must save vs. E or is affected as though they were hit by a Paralysis Ray attack. R=70", PR=7. Wake-up rolls to regain consciousness.
III) Poisonous Vapors: Victim is affected as though they were attacked with Death Touch: R=touch, PR=20. Normal saves apply.
3. Heightened Endurance: +30.
4. Invulnerability: 15 points.
5. Physical Handicap: Mute.
6. Reduced Intelligence: -6.

Weight: 12,800lbs.                      
Basic Hits: 256
Agility Mod: -                               
Strength: 45
Endurance: 45                            
Agility: 6
Intelligence: 4                            
Charisma: 8
Hit Mods.:
Hit Points: 2,827   
Healing Rate: 358.4    
Power: 102                  
Damage Mod.: -1
Accuracy: -2
Carrying Capacity: 612,000lbs.
Basic HTH Damage: 9d10          
Movement Rates: 392” ground
Detect Hidden: 4%                     
Detect Danger: 10%
Inventing Points: 2.4                      
Inventing: 12%

Origin/Background: Professor Ramsey Norton was a highly ambitious scientist who hoped to find solutions to humanity's greatest problems, including famine and disease. He dumped the results of his unsuccessful experiments into a gigantic humanoid-shaped plastic mold that he named Chemo. Chemo represented Norton's failures, and was supposed to spur him towards success. After failing to develop a plant-growth chemical, he poured the results into Chemo, filling it to the very top. Through a miraculous chemical reaction Chemo was brought to life, possessing a mild intelligence and a great need to destroy. Chemo killed his horrified creator, and then went on a citywide rampage.

Combat Tactics: Chemo's tactics generally consist of picking a direction of travel, and destroying anything that gets in his path.

Personality/Character Traits: Chemo's primary trait seems to be wanted to inflict the maximum amount of damage and destruction as possible.

Notes: Chemo's another big brawler, who's capable of dishing out a lot of damage. With well over 2,000 hit points, he can soak up hits all day long, while his chemical powers allow him to perform a number of interesting feats. However his low intelligence and agility scores can be exploited by a group of heroes.
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2020 at 4:53pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #87 - May 10th, 2010 at 11:36am
Print Post  
I kind of liked Dr.Light from Identity Crisis. It made you think about issues like "Just because we can do something, should we?"

granted it's not V&V type heroes but it was a good story

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #88 - May 10th, 2010 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on May 10th, 2010 at 11:36am:
I kind of liked Dr.Light from Identity Crisis. It made you think about issues like "Just because we can do something, should we?"

granted it's not V&V type heroes but it was a good story

I've got a few beefs with Identity Crisis:

1. Retconning Dr. Light into a Rapist was, IHMO, silly. It didn't fit his background. They could have just as easily come up with a generic villain for the storyline.
2. Sexual Predators are the lowest form of life in the criminal world. When other criminals find out what type of crime they've committed, they try to kill them. So I can't see all the other villains banning behind their "buddy" Dr. Light to "avenge" him.
3. Mind Wipes? Come on, these guys routinely use mental abilities on each other. So what's all the noise about.
4. And most importantly, I don't want the JL to be a down and dirty super gritty crime drama. Save that for the Batman books.

As far as the new additions go, what do you guys think? they look OK? What do you think about Darkseid?
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2013 at 4:33pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #89 - May 10th, 2010 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Darkseid rocks.

Where did you find his actual name? I haven't been able to find it in any reference material

As for the dark gritty manner of Identity Crisis. I like to see dark on occasion. It just so happens I am into Batman heavily right now, still trying to beat Arkham Asylum on the hard difficulty level. Not doing so well
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2010 at 1:47pm by Avatar »  

IP Logged

Mike
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #90 - May 10th, 2010 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on May 10th, 2010 at 1:03pm:
As far as the new additions go, what do you guys think? they look OK? What do you think about Darkseid? 

One of the things I like best about your approach is that it seems like you're trying to capture the characters as you see them--without trying to point-buy them out like the munchkins do.

I've seen some translations where everyone has stats of 12, 15, 18, 21, etc. because "it would make sense" for them to train to their abilities to those thresholds in game terms--even if those stats don't match the feel of the published characters.

So again, I like that you're trying to match the spirit of the characters as you read them instead of trying to leverage numbers and rules rake them out.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #91 - May 10th, 2010 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Mike wrote on May 10th, 2010 at 1:51pm:
One of the things I like best about your approach is that it seems like you're trying to capture the characters as you see them--without trying to point-buy them out like the munchkins do.

I've seen some translations where everyone has stats of 12, 15, 18, 21, etc. because "it would make sense" for them to train to their abilities to those thresholds in game terms--even if those stats don't match the feel of the published characters.

So again, I like that you're trying to match the spirit of the characters as you read them instead of trying to leverage numbers and rules rake them out.

I try to keep a simple approach, that I think fits within V&V established parameters, and not reinvent the wheel every time I work someone up. Plus, several of you guys have given me suggestions that actually work better than what I come up with, and I incorporate them into the writeups.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #92 - May 11th, 2010 at 2:10am
Print Post  
The Shade

Identity: Richard Swift
Level: 11

Powers:
1. Darkness Control: 39" range, max. area is a sphere = 1/4 current power. PR=2 to create or reshape.
2. Dark Force Manipulation (Illusions B): Shadow Based energy constructs. Creation Points = Current Power x 2.
3. Teleportation: PR=4, max. range = Power x 1000.
4. Body Power: Retarded Aging: Shade ages at an incredibly slow rate.

Weight: 160
Basic Hits: 4
Strength: 11
Endurance: 13
Agility: 13
Intelligence: 12
Charisma: 13
Hit Mods.:
Hit Points:   
Healing Rate:    
Power: 49
Damage Mod.:
Accuracy:
Carrying Capacity: 210lbs.
Basic HTH Damage:         
Movement Rates: 37” ground
Detect Hidden: %                     
Detect Danger: %
Inventing Points:                     
Inventing: 36%

Origin/Background: Richard Swift was an English gentleman present at an undetailed mystical tragedy. He (as well as the mysterious dwarf Culp) survived the event, but he was left linked to a reservoir of darkness, a man but also a monster of sorts, never aging and rarely feeling any pain or true connection to others. In Victorian London, he would make enemies of the corrupt Ludlow family, whose efforts to kill him would span 150.

As time passed, Swift would come to call himself the Shade, and move to the frontier town of Opal City in America. He would often play the rogue although never in Opal City itself but just as often play the hero, befriending Opal City's sheriff, Brian Savage. All the while, he would amass a personal fortune while rejecting conventional morality. When the age of costumed heroes began, the Shade sought combat for its own sake and challenged the new heroes.
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2020 at 5:30pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #93 - May 11th, 2010 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Gentleman Ghost

Identity: “Gentleman Jim” Craddock

Powers:
1. Non-Corporalness (Permanent): PR=4 per hour to remain corporal.
2. Invisibility: PR=1 per hour. If detected, -1 to be hit and +1 to hit.
3. Special Weapon: Flintlock Pistol: 1d8 damage. R=AGL x 2
4. Heightened Expertise: +4 to hit with Flintlock Pistol
5. Dimensional Travel:
6. Animated Servant:
7. Vulnerability: Gentleman Ghost is unable to touch virgins.

Weapons:
Sword Cane:

Weight: 160 lbs.
Strength: 11
Endurance: 13
Agility: 13
Intelligence: 14
Charisma: 14
Reactions from Good: -1 / Evil: +1
Hit Mods: (1)(1.4)(1.1)(1.3) = 2.002
Hit Points: 8
Healing Rate: 1.2
Power: 51
Accuracy: +1
Damage Mod.: +1
Carrying Capacity: 210 lbs.
Basic HTH Damage: 1d4
Movement Rates: 37” ground
Inventing Points: 9.8

Origin/Background: “Gentleman Jim” Craddock was a notorious highwayman and robber who terrorized the good citizens of England. He journeyed to the U.S in the late 1800’s where he encountered the gunslingers Nighthawk and Cinnamon in the American West. The hotheaded Nighthawk captured the criminal and ended his life with a noose and gallows, but Craddock transcended death as a surprisingly cultured phantom.

The Gentleman Ghost would henceforth wander the Earth until the spirit of his killer moved onto the next plane of existence. Unfortunately for Craddock, Nighthawk and Cinnamon were reborn incarnations of Egyptian royals Prince Khufu and Chay-Ara, and thus their souls could not truly die. Both were eventually reincarnated as Hawkman and Hawkgirl, and the Gentleman Ghost became their recurring nemesis.

Combat Tactics/M.O.:

Notes: This is the "original" ghost version of Gentleman Ghost. Over the years, new writers have added additional abilities to his bag of tricks, including the ability to teleport, travel to another dimension, render any body part coming into contact with him deathly cold (Body Power), summon a flame shooting spectral cane (Magical Special Weapon), and summon a fire breathing demon like black horse (Pet). GMs should feel free to tack on any of these additional abilities at will.
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2020 at 11:13pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #94 - May 11th, 2010 at 11:30am
Print Post  
The Dummy
Is this the same one seen in the Batman the animated series?

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #95 - May 11th, 2010 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on May 11th, 2010 at 11:30am:
The Dummy
Is this the same one seen in the Batman the animated series?

I think you might be thinking of "Scar Face". Here's a pic of him.

The pudgy middle aged guy is actually the one in charge of the Scar Face dummy. He's got a split personality, and voices his "evil" personality through the dummy sitting in his lap. Here's a quote on them.

"Scarface is the dominant evil personality of the ventriloquist Arnold Wesker. He communicates solely through a ventriloquist's dummy modeled after a Prohibition-Era gangster. Enemies of the Batman, they both first appeared in Detective Comics#583."

YIM  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #96 - May 12th, 2010 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Great run of character write ups, DS.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #97 - May 13th, 2010 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Doctor Foom wrote on May 12th, 2010 at 6:54pm:
Great run of character write ups, DS.

I'm still tinkering with their power sets, and fleshing out their details. I've got a few others I want to add, like Silver Banshee, but I need to work out how her abilities would transfer over to V&V.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #98 - May 13th, 2010 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Magenta

Identity: Fances "Frankie" Kane
Affiliation: The Rouges                    

Powers:
1. 2x Magnetic Powers: (doubles the range, and max. cap., reduces PR cost to 2). R=24", PR=2 per use per turn as a defense. Max. magnetic cap. = 7,200 lbs.
2. Flight: 168 mph, max. speed, PR=1 per hour.
3. Heightened Senses: By concentrating, Magenta can perceive the world around herself solely as patterns of magnetic energy.
4. Phobia/Psychosis: Multiple Personality Disorder.

S: 11
A: 14
I: 12
C: 14

Origin/Background: Frances "Frankie" Kane grew up in Blue Valley, Nebraska and became a close friend of  Wally West, the third  Flash. Kane's power emerged one night while she, her father and brother were driving on a narrow mountain road. When her powers went out of control, the car fell off a cliff, and Kane's father and brother were killed.

Frances' superstitious mother believed her daughter was possessed by the devil and spurned her. With the help of Wally and the Teen Titans, Frances was able to gain some control over her powers, and the two became lovers in college.

Whenever Kane's powers emerged, however, she would "split" into a second, evil identity known as Magenta. Despite having helped the Teen Titans and the Flash in their fight against villainy. Magenta has fought the Flash as an enemy on more than one occasion.

Personality/Character Traits: Having since been forsaken by the Flash for another love, Magenta flutters between her good and evil nature.
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2020 at 10:12am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #99 - May 13th, 2010 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Doctor Light

Identity: Author Light
Affiliation: Former member of the Fearsome Five      
Level: 12
Training: Defense

Powers:
1. Light Control: R=22", 2d8 damage, with PR=1 per attack. Blinding flash radius = 22". One action to activate Light defense, PR = 1 per between turns thereafter.
2. Flight: PR=1 per hour. Max speed = 140 MPH.
3. Heightened Intelligence A: +11.
4. Illusions A/B: Holograms/Solid Energy Illusions: (creation points = current power x2) Range = 22”.
5. Invisibility: PR=1 per hour, see pg. 14 for full description.
6. Phobia: (See below)

Weight: 171 lbs.                
Strength: 10
Endurance: 14                     
Agility: 11
Intelligence: 25                  
Charisma: 10
Hit Points: 12                     
Healing Rate: 1.2
Power: 59    
Accuracy: -
Carrying Capacity: 204 lbs.
Basic HTH Damage: 1d4       
Movement Rates: 34” ground
Detect Hidden: 18%            
Detect Danger: 22%
Inventing Points: 25            
Inventing: 75%

Origin/Background: Dr. Arthur Light and Dr. Jacob Finlay both young scientists in the S.T.A.R. Labs Light Technology Department, were an inseparable pair. Jacob, far more than Arthur, was extremely protective of their research and insisted that it be used in the cause of good and morality. Unbeknownst to Jacob, Arthur had been illegally selling other S.T.A.R. secrets to a powerful corporate raider. One night, Arthur was caught pilfering further lab technology by a new superhero calling himself Dr. Light. Dr. Light tried to capture Arthur-and then, once he got a clear look at Arthur's face seemed to recognize him and mysteriously set him free.

Reflecting on the incident later that night, Arthur realized that Jacob was Dr. Light and that he had been helping himself to their technology in order to create a superhero Identity. Knowing Jacob's secret made Arthur even more reluctant to fulfill the new request of his corporate benefactor- who demanded that Arthur find and turn over the secret of Dr. Light's powers.

The next morning, in the shambles of the lab torn apart during his battle with Dr. Light, Arthur began to confront Jacob about their mutual situations when an electrical short in their equipment caused a laser to lash out toward Jacob, disintegrating him in a blinding flash. Arthur assumed that Jacob would no longer be a part of his life-an assumption that turned out to be anything but true when Jacob's ghost began haunting Arthur whenever the lights went out, blaming Arthur for his death. Arthur continued to be terrorized by the vengeful spirit of his former friend until he accidentally came across Jacob's Dr. Light outfit, hidden in the lab. In a panic, Arthur used its light-ray beams against Jacob's ghost. He immediately discovered that light, in any form, was his one defense against the spirit, and Arthur took the costume and weaponry for his own protection.

As Dr. Light, Arthur became intoxicated with his new found power and decided to use it for personal gain.

*Notes* - This is Dr. Light before they went and turned him into a rapist in Identity Crisis. :3pissed:

Dr. Light originally drew his powers from a specially designed suit, but over the years, his powers became innate abilities. During the Underworld Unleashed mini series, he and several other villains, got MAJOR power boost, but the writers at DC seem to have either ignored, or forgotten about it. During the Identity Crisis mini, he and his abilities were retconned once again. Not long after IC he was shown taking on the entire membership of the Teen Titans, including Superboy. During the battle he displayed several new abilities, including being able to absorb light and energy. I've chosen to stick with the basics.
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2021 at 10:31am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #100 - May 13th, 2010 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
CIRCE

Identity: Circe                     
Level: 17                            

Powers:
1. Body Power: Immortality: Circe doesn't age.
2. Body Power: Resurrection:
3. Heightened Senses: Mystical Awareness: 5x % chance to detect magical/mystical beings/creatures.
4. Magic Spells: Special Requirement: Requires the use of hand gestures. Power loss when unable to gesture.
a) Transformation: Transforms victims into animals. Victim must save as though they were attacked with Death Touch. R= CH+END/2, PR=8
b) Mystic Blast: Attacks as Power Blast. 1d20 Damage. R=CHR+END/2, PR=2.
c) Teleport. As per standard Teleportation power.
d) Healing: Heals 1 point of damage per point of power expended. PR=3 per point of damage healed, R=Touch.
e) Charm: Attacks as Mind Control. R=Sight. PR as per Mind Control.
f) Illusions: As per Illusions A: Visual. 
5. Transformation: Shape Change: Device: Mirror of Circe: Into any humanoid creature. 3 uses per day.
6. Willpower A: PR=1 per turn, or when used as a defense.
7. Vulnerability: Contact with the herb moly results in loss of magic spell abilities.

STR: 12
END: 19
AGL: 16
INT: 23
CHR: 23

Origin/Background:Circe was born the princess of Colchis, daughter of the legendary Hyperion and Perseis of ancient Greece. She studied sorcery and soon was feared by her subjects. When Circe killed her weak-willed husband, the people of Colchis seized the opportunity to exile the sorceress to a barren island. There, she used her spells to lure sailors to the island, enchanted them and ultimately put them to death. She was not satisfied with this, however, and she sought revenge against those who punished her. She prayed for vengeance, and Hecate answered her prayers.

Hecate the Crone was goddess of magic and the third part of the Trinity of the Moon, along with Artemis the Maiden, and Demeter the Mother. Unlike the rest of the gods, she was not an Olympian, but from the far more powerful line of Titans. Nevertheless, she aided Zeus in overthrowing the Titans and legitimising his reign. She also cast a great enchantment protecting the weakened gods, giving Olympus a chance to rebuild after the war against the Titans. Zeus was in awe of Hecate, but his wife, Hera, was jealous of the wise crone's power and worked to undermine her authority. Insulted by the gods she helped to enthrone, Hecate returned to Earth and answered the supplications of Circe.

The goddess infused her soul into Circe's body, ending her existence as Hecate and beginning a new one as a reborn Circe. But before she discorporated, Hecate left Circe with a prophecy: "Upon the death of Witch, and the birth of Witch, Hecate, by Name and Choice, shall repossess her soul."

Circe believes that Princess Diana of Themyscira, better known to the world at large as Wonder Woman, is the second witch of the prophecy and fears that on Wonder Woman's death, Hecate's soul will flee her body and inhabit Princess Diana's.

Combat Tactics and M.O.:

Personality and Character Traits: Circe is an ancient manipulator, she's vain, cruel, and sadistic. She enjoys inflicting pain and suffering on others. Using her magic to transform and enslave others to her whims, she take particular joy in transforming men into animals, and using them as her playthings, forcing them to do her bidding. She cares about no one save herself and her daughter by Ares, Lyta. Circe’s obsession is retaining her power and immortality and she is willing to do whatever is necessary to achieve those ends.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2016 at 4:26am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #101 - May 13th, 2010 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
ARTEMIS

Identity: Artemis Crock    
Side:Evil
Level: 3                           
Training: Endurance

Powers:
1. Heightened Endurance (A): +8
2. Heightened Agility (A): +10
3. Heightened Expertise: +4 to hit w/Archaic Weapons.
4. Heightened Senses: Tracking Ability:
5. Natural Weaponry: Unarmed Combat Training: +3 to hit, +6 damage
6. Heightened Defense: -4 to be hit while conscious and mobile.
7. Training: +1 to hit in HTH.
8. Training: +1 to hit with her weapons.

Equipment/Weapons:
1. Crossbow: +5 to hit, HTH +1d3 damage, R=Ax4
2. Bolas: +3 to hit, HTH+1d3 damage, R=A
3. Dagger: +2 to hit, HTH+1d2 damage, R=A

Weight:  130 lbs.            
Basic Hits: 3
Strength: 16
Endurance: 18                  
Agility: 23
Intelligence: 13                  
Charisma: 14
Reactions from Good: -1 / Evil: +1
Hit Mods: 7.4536             
Hit Points: 22      
Healing Rate: 1.5
Power: 70
Accuracy: +4                                    
Carrying Capacity: 383 lbs.      
Basic HTH Damage: 1d6
Movement Rates: 57” ground
Inventing Points:  3.6            
Inventing: 39%

Origin/Background: The daughter of Sportsmaster and the original Tigress, Artemis Crock carries on her parents' tradition of plunder and murder with her crossbow and superhuman fighting skills.

Combat Tactics and M.O.: Artemis is ruthless and efficient in combat.

Personality and Character Traits:

Note: She and Icicle are lovers.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2016 at 4:27am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #102 - May 14th, 2010 at 6:00am
Print Post  
Parasite

Identity: Rudy Jones
Affiliation: None                       
Level: 9

1. Absorption: Energy Absorption, Powers/Abilities, and Memories: R=Touch. Note: Absorbed powers fade after 24 hours (they gradually become weaker), but, he retains his victim's memories.
2. Absorption: Life Force Energy (Hit Points): Absorbed hit points go to boost his own.
3. Transformation: Shapeshifting: Linked to Absorption. Parasite can mimic his victims down to the genetic level.

Note: Absorbed powers fade after 24 hours (they gradually become weaker), but, he retains his victim's memories.

STR: 14
END: 14
AGL: 12
INT: 14
CHR: 12

Origin/Background: Originally a menial slacker, Rudy Jones was transformed while working as a janitorial laborer at a Pittsburgh's S.T.A.R. Labs facility. Thinking a waste container might have held something valuable he opened it and was exposed to strange radiation that changed his body. Jones now had the ability to absorb the life energy of other people leaving withered corpses. Eventually a scientist that was tending Rudy was tricked and ultimately absorbed into the Parasite. This joining was different than Rudy's others; he actually retained the scientist, Dr. Torval Freeman, as a part of his own mind.

« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2020 at 10:13am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #103 - May 14th, 2010 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Parasite, one of my favorite Superman villains

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #104 - May 23rd, 2010 at 5:33am
Print Post  
Doctor Phosphorus

Identity: Alex Sartorius

Powers:
1. Body Power: Dr. Phosphorus' body is composed of organic phosphorus that burns on contact with the air, emitting poisonous fumes and glowing with a radioactive flame. R=touch, 1d12 damage, PR=2 
2. Absorption:

Origin/Background: Dr. Sartorius was a wealthy member of Gotham City's exclusive Tobacconists' Club who invested his life savings in a private nuclear power plant being constructed at sea. The builders cut corners on the project, and when Sartorius inspected it he noticed a crack in the reactor core. As it exploded he dove behind a pile of sandbags, causing millions of red-hot sand grains to be driven through his body. The radiation changed the sand from silicon to phosphorus, and Sartorius' body was mutated into a pure phosphorus form. His mind became unhinged, and calling himself Dr. Phosphorus he began a campaign of terror against Gotham City.
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2020 at 11:16pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Topic Tools

>