Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) G7's art (Read 57096 times)
Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

G7's art
Sep 7th, 2009 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Here is my british heroes who form the team ROYAL GUARD.

Conductor and Hummingbird are from PES (one of the worst modules - I think I modified nearly everything in it except for these two and Soulburner).

Exchalibur is from the Rulebook. Though I can't for the life of me remember his name Stormy or something.

Elemental is Fortress from Trouble for Havoc.

Godiva and Shadowbird are both my chara.

Favorite Moments:

Royal Guard vs. the Devil's Demon Horde!

After both the Crusaders and Royal Guard battled the Demons at Stonehenge.
Royal Guard joins the Crusaders and enter the gateway with them.
As the two powerful teams deal with the Domain! (I had expanded it quite a bit) and start to head towards the Devil's retreat. The Devil sends a huge mass of demons after them.
Knowing they have to beat the Devil, but won't be able to if he is constantly sending his minions against them. Exchalibur and Royal Guard sent the Crusaders on as they dealt with the demon horde.
I let the PCs puppet Royal Guard - cause one of the PCs asked if they could play out the battle. It was cool and they all said they had a ball playing those characters.
Ofcourse the PC that had Exchalibur had an 11th lvl character to play, who had weather control abilities and the sword Holy Exchalibur - same sword from DotD.
You know, This...

Holy Exchalibur: The sword of King Arthur.
It is a highly magical sword and has the following attributes:
to hit: +8, Dam 3d10 + hth, grants user 15 pts of invul., can heal 40pts of dam. a day, Awe ability save vs Chr or stand dumbfounded.

Kick butt weapon.

Anyhow... Puppeting NPCs became a normal thing, when players couldn't make it during an ongoing mission (and their characters weren't avalible due to being locked in a mission).
So I would let them play heroes of their choice. Keeping it mainly to the action sequences. This was always a fun thing.

G7
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2009 at 3:17pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Re: G7's V&V world characters.
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 4:12am
Print Post  
Here next is one of my all time favorite NPCs. Just because she was such a pain in the butt to the other Crusaders (Particularly the hybrid human/demon; Wraith).

Powerful with underscored and unrealized beauty.
Probably one of the most useful NPCs with her varied abilities and unrelenting determination.

Favorite moments?

Sister Indigo vs. the Wraith (PC).
When she first appears the two of them had problems. She could sense the essence of diabolical evil in him. This eventually builds to a head in the Crusader Citadel, but Enforcer, Titan, Dreamweaver and Sunburst break it up.
Angry... Wraith marches off. Saying she had better not be there when he gets back.
The Crusaders try to reason with Sister Indigo but her beliefs just won't take a backseat to their reasoning.
She flys off and quickly makes a beeline down to the parking garage of the Harmon Building (Crusader Citadel) where Wraith is, alone the two square off.
At first the two battle viciously.
Then Wraith simply stops saying. If you want to believe I am truely evil that is your call. But I am not fighting you anymore. He explains his origin to her and what and why he does the heroing buisness. She is feisty and still looking for a fight. But he gets on his motercycle and simply drives off.
Later the two would become stanche allies.

Sister Indigo vs. the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse!
All of the Crusaders are captured in their Citadel (due to the bungling of two PCs and watch helplessly as...) Sister Indigo arrives and battles all four Horsemen alone in order to smash the force field generator holding her team mates, as an enraged Dr Apocalypse races across the ocean to stop her.

(You guys should have seen the PCs struggling to get free. It was very cool)

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Nice work, and I love the sketches. Any chance we'll get to see more of your stuff? Or some character sheets for these guys?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Thanks. I llove drawing V&V chara from the books/Mods.

Far as doing C-Sheets on them.
I'll see what I can do.
Most of the characters are avalibile (Conductor, Hummingbird, Fortress, Sister Indigo, The Crusaders). Course everyone was modified to be geared a bit more specfically to my game format.

Only ones you guys probably can't get are Godiva (who emulates Medusa, only slightly tougher), Shadowbird and Exchalibur. If I get a chance I might post these guys in the Character section.

I plan on dropping a lot more illos of chara. As that is why I created this section. Just to highlight my artwork and show my love for all things V&V.

Cya
G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
We're looking forward to you posting you stuff. And I'd love to see some FC material.

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #5 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
FC material?

g7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #6 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Some full color artwork.

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #7 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Well my favorite Medium tends to be more Pen and ink... I use the computer to create shades of Gray... though... I can do it in colors as well. Just takes a lot of time. Though there are some neat effects I can play out with it.

I will do Colors when I can... but expect a lot of B&W artwork from me.

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #8 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Either way we look forward to more of your work.

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #9 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
There... I colored Royal Guard and reposted it in its slot.
Take another look.

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #10 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 at 11:24pm:
There... I colored Royal Guard and reposted it in its slot.
Take another look.

G7

Very nice work G7. I can barely draw stick figures, so I'm impressed.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #11 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 6:48am
Print Post  
G7, when do we get to see more of your work?

YIM  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #12 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Put it in the Member Art Thread!

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #13 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Well... actually I prefer having my own Gallery... that way comments are directed at my work and not that of others.

No offense.

If I did a Gallery show... it wouldn't have other artists in it... it would spotlight my work (artist thing... we are so selfish).

So I will probably keep my work here. Unless there is some sort of a collaboration. *wink*

G7

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #14 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Sure, I understand. I've known artists who didn't feel comfortable having their work compared to others.

Wink Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #15 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Sorry about the delay for getting more up here... unfortunately life interfers. LOL

The first image is some older prelim sketches I did of a redesigned Motivator. Though her costume was cool enough. It just didn't give that TOTAL villainess look.

So... here she is. The one human being not likely to ever see a humanitarian award.

MOTIVATOR

Next is the Cover foe from the V&V 2nd Ed. Rulebook. I have no idea what his real ability was... but there is a small blurb in the Crusader Citadel  Trophy room about a bent girder that a foe of the Crusaders called Magnet Man did.
I love the design of this villain... so that is who I made him into... Let me introduce you to my world's...

This is the actual cover image manipulated by my computer. I was going to color it but ran out of time. Besides... you've seen the cover... you know the colors. Jeff Dee's design of this chara is nearly flawless. Just reeks villainy.

Last is a chara I just did for Dsumner.
WILDSTAR in SPACE!!

The background is new. the image I gave him was plain white. Though I am sure he will nab this one. I am actually kind of pleased how this turned out. I would like to thank the Hubble Telescope for the background image.

That's it... for now.
Cya
G7
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2009 at 7:27pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #16 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Nice stuff!

I like your Motivatrix!

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #17 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Yeah... It's a pretty hot costume on her. Very fitting of her personality as mentioned in her profile in Most Wanted Vol 1.

I wished they had done a mod featuring her (Motivator).
I actually am taking my table games of old and making them into a module series and possible an accessory book of updated villains.
I have:
Revenge of the Destroyers
Wanted: Motivator
Essential Heroes:
Heroes Abound!
PROJECT: Ultimatum
Unlimited Opponents: revised Foes!
Most Wanted Vol 2
Robots Attack!
Symbols of War!

Villains and Vigilantes Presents: Return of the Tarot Masters, Trail of the T.O.T.E.M., Into the Sub-Realm.
The Power of Doctor Apcocalypse
INTERCRIME:
Villain war!
Dawn of the Devil (Rewritten)

I suppose I could do a second Villains and Vigilantes Presents:, That feature a host of mini adventures, including disaster scenarios. Maybe.
Those are pretty much the highlights of my games (Not including the mods themselves).

I know it sounds like a lot. But really it isn't.
But those fake mods above are what I would call major adventure stuff for my games of old. Plus if FGU isn't going to do Mods... well maybe we should.

G7

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #18 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
I decided to move the images from the WELCOME NEWCOMERS! to here.

So here is Madam Crystal Fridgia... in my world primary foe of the Justice Patrol.

This character was made using the video game FREEDOM FORCE. The background is actually from a background avalible for most computers (Though cropped). I just thought it looked so cool with her coloration. Almost looks like she is standing in a more colorful Fortress of Solitude.

Here also is a mock cover to the "LOST" Most Wanted Vol 2.
It features the character called Magnet Man (as can be read on the folder he appears on/the image is also from the game of FREEDOM FORCE).

MOST WANTED VOL 2: Cover featuring MAGNET MAN!

There ya go.

Cya
G7

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #19 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Here is Rising Sun.
Yes I know I put him in the Non-American characters thread... but... still my artwork. LOL

Japan's most renowned hero...

G7

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #20 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 3:19am
Print Post  
I thought... maybe you guys would get a kick out of some of the covers I did for some of our games (and yes I did give each adventure a title of some kind)... now granted... I redrew them and with the aid of my trusted steed the computer... was able to emulate a cover logo assembly... unfortunately... these are not modules. Just excepts from my games (Cause I drew a cover type illo - with crudely remade V&V upper logos for them - no... I will not show you my art from back then. LOL).

Here they are...

The guy in the green cloak above is someone you know (V&V players that is)... and no he isn't Doom... He's worse!

Ahhh this villain... He was so wonderfully wicked!... and yes... he is throwing barbwire!
It was a one time fight... but he had virtually the entire team of the Crusaders (my Crusaders that is...) all on the run. It was my Halloween game. My players all knew... when October came... so did at least one monster!!! *G7 laughs like Vincent Price!*

Hope you like.
Maybe sometime I will do some write ups to go with these (semi-Mods I guess *shrug* who knows?).

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #21 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 9:35am
Print Post  
The pumpkin headed guy reminds me of a villain I created for my M&M game, named Lord Pumpkin. I created specifically for a Halloween themed game, back around 05. I just may dig him out, and convert him to V&M. And, nice work on the covers.  Cool

YIM  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #22 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Nice work!

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #23 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 11:22am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Sep 21st, 2009 at 9:35am:
The pumpkin headed guy reminds me of a villain I created for my M&M game, named Lord Pumpkin. I created him specifically for a Halloween themed game, back around 05. I just may dig him out, and convert him to V&M. And, nice work on the covers.  Cool

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

G7's World of V&V.
Reply #24 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Harvest King was the name of my villain from the (MOCK) cover of HARVEST OF EVIL!!

No offense, Dsumner... but I doubt I would ever use pumpkin as part of a name of a villain... My players would have a hey-day with that... and they were already calling him names  trying to taunt him in the original game (Til he kicked their collective butts... Then all of a sudden his flaming pumpkin head wasn't so funny!).

Harvest King was a MAJOR foe.
He was cool... his appearance in the Sabin, Iowa (fictional town - Biggest corn producing state) was utterly wicked.
This is probably one of my favorite stories (Because he is one of the few villains, I actually made up and didn't template him off something from the game - or historic myth). From the environment (perpetual night) I created to what was really going on and why. The powers and abilities of the Harvest King and how just punching him wasn't the answer.

I started doing my occasional horror stories because I was never impressed with anything that FGU did in that department (Which I am sure I will cover in the polls section for each module).

The PC hero Speed Demon was from Iowa… which made it that much more fun (Though not from that town… though he had heard of the Legends of the insidious Harvest King - Devil in the Corn - Horror of the fields - Screaming Scarecrow). My games were rarely unelaborated.
Not that we didn’t do the typical “Bank robbers! GET EM!” stuff.

Because in my created Universe of V&V (Where everything was there from the Mods - though most were altered to a more serious level of game play)… Master Zero with Madame Frigia couldn’t freeze the world (Personal mod.: RETURN of the ICE AGE!!)… without drawing the attention of not only Nations and Heroes… but there were some villains who would and did interfere (Particularly in most cases - Motivator and Doctor Apocalypse - you should have seen them in action during my version of DAWN OF THE DEVIL).

Back to the Mock Mod…
Though I think the story of the Harvest King is cool… I don’t believe that Horror Mods for V&V did all that well. I believe they probably were the weakest in sales (though I am not absolutely sure) and that they probably should have tried to stick to a reoccurring villain here and there as opposed to doing them.

This just gives you all a glance into My world of V&V.

Cya
G7
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2009 at 2:14pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: G7's World of V&V.
Reply #25 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Cool art work.  I hope you post more.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #26 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 21st, 2009 at 2:08pm:
No offense, Dsumner... but I doubt I would ever use pumpkin as part of a name of a villain... My players would have a hey-day with that... and they were already calling him names  trying to taunt him in the original game (Til he kicked their collective butts... Then all of a sudden his flaming pumpkin head wasn't so funny!).

Lord Pumpkin, was the Spirit of Halloween, and he was far from a joke. He has the ability to alter reality, summon demons, and generally cause much havoc. If I do convert him over, I'll have to work out how he'd function in V&V terms.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2009 at 7:53pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #27 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Mine was less a spirit of Halloween thing... and more of a things associated with harvest and fall. Though I guess the Jack-O-Lantern head is associated with that... but he is more a scarecrow than Jack-O-Lantern.

He is kind of a moot chara I suppose... It was just one of the covers I had designed back in the day and redid for here. Though I have to say I like the effect of it better than my original.

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #28 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
G7, your art style really reminds of a lot of Tod McFarlane's early work, especially his Infinity Inc. work.

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #29 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
omg dude... I absolutely dispise Todd McFarlane... I made fun of him and picked on him at a Moter City Comic Con and was nearly thrown out...

I think what it really is... at least in that pic from Harvest of Evil!! is the barb wire effect (which looks a lot like his webbing thing - I was doing WAY before him) and the etchiness of the computer effect I used... My artwork is nothing like his. If it looks similar to his Infinity Inc stuff... I would say my work probably more resembles the INKERS style over McFarlane's than to actually look like McFarlane's crap style.

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #30 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 21st, 2009 at 10:43pm:
omg dude... I absolutely dispise Todd McFarlane... I made fun of him and picked on him at a Moter City Comic Con and was nearly thrown out...

I think what it really is... at least in that pic from Harvest of Evil!! is the barb wire effect (which looks a lot like his webbing thing - I was doing WAY before him) and the etchiness of the computer effect I used... My artwork is nothing like his. If it looks similar to his Infinity Inc stuff... I would say my work probably more resembles the INKERS style over McFarlane's than to actually look like McFarlane's crap style.

G7

G7, hopefully my comments didn't offend you, as I like your style, and hope to see you post more of your stuff.  Embarrassed

YIM  
IP Logged

Nidd
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 11:59am
Print Post  
It's great to see more of your art G7.  I missed it since the debacle on the other forum.  Great work and those are some fun characters

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #32 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Sorry Dsumner. I just knee jerked. I am an ass for responding like that. IT has absolutely nothing to do with you or even for the most part what you meant (I know it was meant as a compliment).

Let me show you my full pencils. Hopefully you will see the George Perez and John Byrne influence on my work (Though I am not nearly as talented as either of them).
Here is an image I did of MIGHTY MAN and SUPER-ANN of the Centaur Heroes (Obscure heroes predating many others from the late 30s & early 40s)

Okay... so that image is puny... LOL.

Try this.

There we go... MUCH better... ahhh I love this woman. MS. MARVEL is my favorite super-heroine (granted.. this is a 98 pic, I have certainly improved since then).

Hope that gives you a clearer indication of what I am capable of. *wink*

Nidd...
What "debacle"? Did it have something to do with religion? LOL... (Please... don't anyone start). Cause frankly I don't remember (musta been pretty traumatic for me! LOL).

People knock-heads. Oh well!... I am sure it will happen again when I finally get to the Poll going on Mod 2026. LOL

All that aside... thank you very much. THIS forum is a wonderful site... with some incredible people in it (who by all indications seem to appreciate my efforts).

So hi again Nidd (I do remember the name... but, sorry if I don't remember much about the conversations... you'll have to remind me. *wink*)

G7

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #33 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Hello again everyone!
Just me doin what I do!

This next pic is the WOMEN OF VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES!
If your a total V&V enthusiast, you should be able to identify all but one (with the exception of Dreamweaver who is the first character to the far left - she has poofy hair and a cut mask in my games)

From Left to right by rolls:
Dreamweaver - Evergreen -Ebony Angel
Empress - Wondra (back in her former superheroine form) Starlight
Telecomm - Ward - Psistorm
Sonora - Vortex - Diana

Enjoy!
G7
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2009 at 2:25am by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Harkker
Apprentice

I Love V&V!