Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) G7's art (Read 57084 times)
Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Re: G7's World of V&V.
Reply #35 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Thank you, Harkker.

G7

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #36 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
I love your artwork, G7!

And yes, I can see the Byrne influences (one of my favorite artists).

Have you ever done any markers for V&V?  Or did your group not use them?

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #37 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
No. Never used the Markers... except as a pool for who was fighting and who was not (or unconcious). Just flat out maps and lots of imaginative 3D combat.

and thank you for the nice compliments.

G7

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #38 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
By the way, I love your art Guardian.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #39 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Thanks John. I am glad everyone gets enjoyment out of seeing my stuff.
I think it is heighted by the fact that I am doing illos of chara who really haven't had a lot of images done of them in over 20 yrs.

In my Superheroines of V&V something has been bugging me... and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what it was... then it dawned on me.

I FORGOT EBONY ANGEL!!!

How did I forget her? She played such pivotal roles in so many stories (Including the one surrounding her not truely being a criminal)!... ugh...

First chance I get I will do a full pic of Ebony Angel. Besides... she is rockin cool!

G7

I still can't believe I forgot her and remembered to put C.H.E.S.S.'s Alexandra Huntington/Diana on there... ugh!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #40 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 26th, 2009 at 9:08pm:
No. Never used the Markers... except as a pool for who was fighting and who was not (or unconcious). Just flat out maps and lots of imaginative 3D combat.

and thank you for the nice compliments.

G7

Wow!  As talented of an artist as you are, it would seem like a no-brainer to put that skill to use with markers.  I guess I'm just so used to them that I have a hard time imagining playing the game without them.  It gives such a clear picture of who has behind facing, how and where somebody goes when they get knocked back 30", who can see who, and the like.

I've grown so accustomed to using markers that I pretty much do it for every RPG game I play.  It's actually rare when I don't use them.  I only really have time to make each and every marker for one game system, so the only one I carefully do every single marker for (often drawing them or finding images on the web) is V&V.  For other game systems (Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, etc.) it's a simple matter to take my 1" counter cutter and quickly snap out markers using old CCG cards.

To each their own, but for combat I find that markers add a multi-dimensional and visual element that enhances games a thousand fold!    Smiley

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #41 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 1:39am
Print Post  
LOL - I am not sure exactly how talented I am. But I certainly appreciate the vote of confidence.
I once as a player, was in a game where the DM used minitures... I almost took it up (but it was all very expensive to me...), Though the Markers are an excellent tracking idea (I used disposable photocopies of my maps - though I never actually disposed of them so I could track combat in my free time and do combat reviews by Manta Man* or whoever was leading the team "PCs as well").

Markers would be a breeze for me to design and draw (just turned my attentions elsewhere).

Cya
G7

* Before anyone thinks I was using Manta Man as a GM bullying tool (Which was briefly discuss recently in the Differences between Comics and RPGS). I wasn't. Just was an easy IN-GAME way to dispense advice and create easy character intereactions. *wink*

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #42 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 28th, 2009 at 1:39am:
* Before anyone thinks I was using Manta Man as a GM bullying tool (Which was briefly discuss recently in the Differences between Comics and RPGS). I wasn't. Just was an easy IN-GAME way to dispense advice and create easy character intereactions. *wink*

The published rules actually suggest creating an NPC superhero strong-arm in case player-characters get out of line, making the vision behind V&V intrinsically antithetical to unlawful behavior.  I was very fortunate that even the Wolverine wanna-be in my early GM-experience wanted to stay on the up-and-up. I pity the  GM left in the position of using NPCs--or side conversations--to remind player characters that the game is about acting the part of the superhero (in spite of what read one might have on the term 'vigilante'). Word up.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2009 at 2:11am by SuperFriend »  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #43 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 2:24am
Print Post  
The one time I had that problem. The PCs actually stepped in and I had to do little. Well... other than have Enforcer toss up a force field before it degenerated into a brawl! LOL

G7

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

G7's EBONY ANGEL.
Reply #44 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Here... did a little justice for our resident girl in black from Most Wanted Vol 1.

I still can't believe I forgot her in my heroines illo...

So here she is... all dark and lethal looking...

Cool... huh?

G7
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2009 at 9:31pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #45 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 28th, 2009 at 2:24am:
The one time I had that problem. The PCs actually stepped in and I had to do little. Well... other than have Enforcer toss up a force field before it degenerated into a brawl! LOL

G7

The only time I can remember having a problem with one of our heroes, I hand-made a "superhero" (government-type) who dropped in and wiped the floor with one of the PCs who was getting out of line.

To be fair, the PC was probably quite frustrated; I had stripped his near billion dollar fortune away, wrecked his reputation and taken nearly everything from him (inspired by Daredevil's "Born Again" run), and he had lashed out, taking it out on some innocent cops who had tried to arrest him.

So I brought in a custom-made "good guy" who kicked his ass and put him in his place and squared everything away again, and he did what he needed to do later to put everything right and clear his name.   Smiley

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #46 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 1:31am
Print Post  
I mentioned in the post  Re: Character Death about how the Hero PC Titan (Brick) had over punched a MUCH weaker foe (a simple flaming girl) and did massive damage to her (unintentionally - He honestly thought she could take it and the look of surprise on his face was quite genuine). ANYHOW... Imperial (of Devil's Domain) showed up to do an inquiry... He chastised Titan for what he called his flagrant disregard and use of his abilities. This of course upset the PC Titan a lot (Though not the Player... he totally understood Imperial's position)... long story short, it all turned out all right. Though this is a minor example of "Stepping in"... it is the same principle.

We also had a time where clues to a case led the Crusaders to a secret Military base, where the people there were being mind controlled by the villain who Headhunter would eventually consume (A VERY important villain in my universe).
The Crusaders ended up in a big ole whoppin fight with American Military forces... They called in the Guard (Which at this time was the nearly every Goverment hero - Imperial, Telecomm, Meganaut, Molecule Man, Vortex, Steel "formally Stigmata" and the solo govermental hero Resonator).
Thinking the Goverment heroes were also being mind controlled (Which some of them did fall sway to the villain's psionic abilities) the obligationary hero vs hero fight broke out (only one villain... so someone had to fight).
ANYHOW... after the fight the Crusaders were investigated by the ASA... The Crusaders fell on the defense that they were not sure who they could trust.
This satisfied the ASA and their East Coast director Mr. Scarlet (Who had dealt with the Crusaders previous in the Assassin Mod).

G7

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

V.I.L.E.'s JOVIA
Reply #47 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Here is a female villainess I immediately upgraded in looks. Though her original look is fine. I thought this looked better. This is how she looked throughout my campaign…

JOVIA: Carla Truesdale -  Her scientist inventor father Dr. Henry Truesdale (works for World Labs) had created a crib and belt which generated a personal high gravity enviroment around her. A rebellious girl she eventually fell in with a the wrong crowd. She started using her abilities of super strength and denser body structure to commit crimes. She was due to do a stint at a special reform school (operated by M.E.D.U.S.A.), breaking free she stole the her gravity belt back (from the M.E.D.U.S.A.  facility in the Texas Panhandle) and was on the run. Her looks made her easy to spot. CHESS stepped in to arrest Carla but she was rescued by members of V.I.L.E. and disappeared.
She was trained to fight and V.I.L.E. tended to use her an extremely tough Security Guard.
Once V.I.L.E. were assured that Carla could be trusted. They started teaming her with the East Coast portion of V.I.L.E. super Agents: Proditor Capella, Wraithman, Boosterman and the super intelligent ApeX. 
Tactics: Jovia would use her abilities and the Gravity Belt in combination to lift objects her normal strength could not. She once threw two buses at the PC Titan at the same time (Weighing well over her 5848 capacity if she hadn’t used the Gravity Belt to lighten then release the Buses once she threw them).
She is a pretty simple brawler and is usually used for distraction by causing a lot of noise and damage. She has an extreme hatred for telepaths and illusionists with the exception of ApeX, String-Puppet and Hollywood. (she also dislikes Manta Man for his paralysis ray - even though she is massively resistant to it).

So… here she is… Smile or she’ll kick your butt!

Cya
G7
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2009 at 11:06pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

2031 Terror of the Zodiac
Reply #48 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 4:29am
Print Post  

G7

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: G7's art
Reply #49 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Wow! These last two look even more Byrne-like. Smiley

They look fantastic, G7!!!

p.s. - Jovia looks a thousand times better than she did in Opponents Unlimited!
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2009 at 5:10pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #50 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
The biggest "problem" power that I've found in our games is Gravity Control.  Numerous heroes have found the effective (but lethal) combo of making somebody weight negative (say, -18 times their weight) so that they go flying way up high in the air (until out of the character's range), and then they go falling to the ground (sometimes helped along by the gravity-wielder, perhaps now making them 18 times heavier!).

Needless to say, this can cause quite the splat! (and kill even a big, tough, super villain).

It hasn't taken long for a few of our characters to figure this out.  One PC (I think he was the first) was actually charged criminally (and found guilty), I believe of reckless endangerment or manslaughter, and he actually went to prison for a bit (he ended up getting out and doing a special black ops mission for the government to earn a pardon).

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #51 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
We are struggling with that too.  In my son's campaign, his brother has gravity control and magnetics.  We are going through the Dawn of DNA and just fought Mongo, using tossing him up in the air, and just letting him fall, he was doing like 20+damage/attack, without rolling a die.  We used the falling rules, he would make him weightless until he went out of his range, 17" and then let him fall.  Damage was equal to the ((square root of his basic hits * inches fallen) - his basic hits)/ his ht adjustment for growth.  Is that the formula you guys use, or how else could it work.  The cool thing is gravity control doesn't get tougher with experience like Magnetics, but he has used it to make things light, and lift them, he hasn't tried throwing them yet... he's also made a couple of the PCs light so a flying PC could tow them around.  Cool power...

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #52 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Sep 30th, 2009 at 7:48pm:
We are struggling with that too.  In my son's campaign, his brother has gravity control and magnetics.  We are going through the Dawn of DNA and just fought Mongo, using tossing him up in the air, and just letting him fall, he was doing like 20+damage/attack, without rolling a die.  We used the falling rules, he would make him weightless until he went out of his range, 17" and then let him fall.  Damage was equal to the ((square root of his basic hits * inches fallen) - his basic hits)/ his ht adjustment for growth.  Is that the formula you guys use, or how else could it work.  The cool thing is gravity control doesn't get tougher with experience like Magnetics, but he has used it to make things light, and lift them, he hasn't tried throwing them yet... he's also made a couple of the PCs light so a flying PC could tow them around.  Cool power...

Yes, it is a cool (and versatile) power; honestly it's one of the most powerful in the whole game, when used effectively.

Just to give an example (with Mongo), let's suppose a PC has a Strength of 12 (just above average).

Mongo falling normally is just as you said.  He weighs 5400 lbs, which means that he has 108 BH.  If he went up to 13" high (because 12" up in the PC's range) and then fell, he would take:

Damage = √ object's BH x number of " fallen this turn

Damage = 10.39 (√ of 108) x 13

Damage = 135

Now imagine that said PC (with a S of 12) kept control of that character and increased Mongo's weight by a factor of +12!

Suddenly Mongo weighs 64,800, has 1,296 BH, and he's taking 432 points of damage!  If his Invulnerability was gone that turn, he's splattered and most definitely dead!

If the PC has a 17 S like your son, and even if you make him fall at 17", your damage is still going to be 177 (and 728 if he  increases his weight by 17!).

You can see how quickly (and easily) Gravity can be a killer, even in a game where it's normally VERY hard to kill someone (where Aunt May would often not be killed by a small nuclear bomb blowing up in her face!)    Huh

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #53 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
G7, you continue to impress me with your work, keep it up.  Cool

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #54 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Thank you all for the nice compliments.

Yeah the last two certainly have a Byrne flair with Perezy touches.

Though the Ebony Angel one looks damn fine, I think. It really captures the atmosphere she is usually seen in (at least by description - ala Batman).

I am actually writing the Module to Project: Ultimatum (Not sure if I will do that with Harvest of Evil and Terror of the Zodiac - both of which were more geared towards my world of Villains and Vigilantes... but who knows).

My only problem is... It is difficult to write simplistically.

*Shrug* oh well! LOL

More artwork to come.
I did some sketches of the Crusaders I might post them. Not sure. More design work than anything.

Cya
G7
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2009 at 1:42pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #55 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 11:29am
Print Post  
I am looking for some artwork done , i have my drawings but not as nice as what i'm seeing here! I grew up a Byrne fan and the only artist I collect as much of is Alex Ross. Any ideas? I have 3 characters I need art for. The first: imagine a minotaur with the head of a bison dressed in Native American garb
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2009 at 11:33am by Avatar »  

Earthspirit.jpg ( 1011 KB | 24 Downloads )
Earthspirit.jpg

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #56 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 11:33am
Print Post  
The Second:Human torso,eagle head and feet/legs,Wings on back also dressed in Native American garb

Airspirit.jpg ( 984 KB | 24 Downloads )
Airspirit.jpg

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #57 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 11:34am
Print Post  
The third: a shark being Again with native trappings

Waterspirit.jpg ( 985 KB | 25 Downloads )
Waterspirit.jpg

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #58 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 11:35am
Print Post  
If anyone can suggest or lead me to some help I would appreciate it

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #59 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
I'll see what I can do.
Probably just post them here for you to lift and use.
Easy stuff.... I used to design native American characters and I have an excellent sourcebook of native american garb.
(which is pretty intricate stuff).

So how much of a blend of the animals are they?
Does the Bison-Minotaur have cloven feet? Does he resemble a Minotaur in most respects?

Same applies for the Eagle and Shark one (last one especially needs to be defined... does he have two separate forms? one of land one for water? or is it a universal form?).
Actually this sounds like a lot of fun to draw... I love assignments (LOL).

G7

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #60 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Minotaur in most respects yes, hac cloven hooves.
The shark guy has a universal form with webbed feet and hands also has a fin on back of his head  I think the eagle one is clear (or at least it is on my browser, lol)
the head is an eagle, the torso a man, the legs and feet are eagle, large wings on his back.
again thanks for the help my artwork is almost as old as me  Smiley

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #61 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
They are all spirt forms from the native "mythology" each one of them shares the body of the Character: Avatar. When one of them is in this realm he is in the other realm with the other two. Its a neat rp situation. Playing four different personas in one body.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #62 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 1:14am
Print Post  
K. I will get on this as soon as I am able.

Do you have a site with images of these chara on it?
If not making them up is not a problem.

G7

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #63 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 9:10am
Print Post  
unfortunatly i have no site. My computers were stolen a few  months ago. I am using my daughters laptop and have the pics on my flashdrive. I really appreciate the help all you guys on this site have given me. I think I can get one of the guys in our Champions game to give V&V another shot. At least he has looked at this site.

G7 if you are willing to do some art I'll pull it from here if thats ok. I am currently playing this character in Champions and he is stuck in his shark form. The other players have no idea that he is a spirit or about the switching thing.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #64 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Cool characters (and I like the art for them, too).  G7, that's super cool that you're willing to help out with characters like this - your art rocks!    Smiley

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #65 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
I agree, I was showing my sons your module covers, and they were like why don't you buy that one... Your stuff is definitely has that Zircher/Dee quality.  I'd love to see some of your writeups on how you used FORCE, as he seems to be becoming a major villain in our current campaign!

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #66 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
I posted the pics that i did for these characters on this thread pleas let me know if you cannot see them cause i do on my computer

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #67 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Oct 28th, 2009 at 5:32pm:
I posted the pics that i did for these characters on this thread pleas let me know if you cannot see them cause i do on my computer

I'm unable to see them, Avatar.

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #68 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Anyone have any suggestions so that i can post my pics? I have them on a drive i could e=mail them to some of you guys with the appropriate programs. I dont know if they are just to big to be on the site.  I would like any help i can get on this. I've been playing this character for a while

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #69 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
I can see them Avatar... not sure what the issue is.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Topic Tools

>