Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) G7's art (Read 57580 times)
Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

G7's art
Sep 7th, 2009 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Here is my british heroes who form the team ROYAL GUARD.

Conductor and Hummingbird are from PES (one of the worst modules - I think I modified nearly everything in it except for these two and Soulburner).

Exchalibur is from the Rulebook. Though I can't for the life of me remember his name Stormy or something.

Elemental is Fortress from Trouble for Havoc.

Godiva and Shadowbird are both my chara.

Favorite Moments:

Royal Guard vs. the Devil's Demon Horde!

After both the Crusaders and Royal Guard battled the Demons at Stonehenge.
Royal Guard joins the Crusaders and enter the gateway with them.
As the two powerful teams deal with the Domain! (I had expanded it quite a bit) and start to head towards the Devil's retreat. The Devil sends a huge mass of demons after them.
Knowing they have to beat the Devil, but won't be able to if he is constantly sending his minions against them. Exchalibur and Royal Guard sent the Crusaders on as they dealt with the demon horde.
I let the PCs puppet Royal Guard - cause one of the PCs asked if they could play out the battle. It was cool and they all said they had a ball playing those characters.
Ofcourse the PC that had Exchalibur had an 11th lvl character to play, who had weather control abilities and the sword Holy Exchalibur - same sword from DotD.
You know, This...

Holy Exchalibur: The sword of King Arthur.
It is a highly magical sword and has the following attributes:
to hit: +8, Dam 3d10 + hth, grants user 15 pts of invul., can heal 40pts of dam. a day, Awe ability save vs Chr or stand dumbfounded.

Kick butt weapon.

Anyhow... Puppeting NPCs became a normal thing, when players couldn't make it during an ongoing mission (and their characters weren't avalible due to being locked in a mission).
So I would let them play heroes of their choice. Keeping it mainly to the action sequences. This was always a fun thing.

G7
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2009 at 3:17pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Re: G7's V&V world characters.
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 4:12am
Print Post  
Here next is one of my all time favorite NPCs. Just because she was such a pain in the butt to the other Crusaders (Particularly the hybrid human/demon; Wraith).

Powerful with underscored and unrealized beauty.
Probably one of the most useful NPCs with her varied abilities and unrelenting determination.

Favorite moments?

Sister Indigo vs. the Wraith (PC).
When she first appears the two of them had problems. She could sense the essence of diabolical evil in him. This eventually builds to a head in the Crusader Citadel, but Enforcer, Titan, Dreamweaver and Sunburst break it up.
Angry... Wraith marches off. Saying she had better not be there when he gets back.
The Crusaders try to reason with Sister Indigo but her beliefs just won't take a backseat to their reasoning.
She flys off and quickly makes a beeline down to the parking garage of the Harmon Building (Crusader Citadel) where Wraith is, alone the two square off.
At first the two battle viciously.
Then Wraith simply stops saying. If you want to believe I am truely evil that is your call. But I am not fighting you anymore. He explains his origin to her and what and why he does the heroing buisness. She is feisty and still looking for a fight. But he gets on his motercycle and simply drives off.
Later the two would become stanche allies.

Sister Indigo vs. the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse!
All of the Crusaders are captured in their Citadel (due to the bungling of two PCs and watch helplessly as...) Sister Indigo arrives and battles all four Horsemen alone in order to smash the force field generator holding her team mates, as an enraged Dr Apocalypse races across the ocean to stop her.

(You guys should have seen the PCs struggling to get free. It was very cool)

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Nice work, and I love the sketches. Any chance we'll get to see more of your stuff? Or some character sheets for these guys?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Thanks. I llove drawing V&V chara from the books/Mods.

Far as doing C-Sheets on them.
I'll see what I can do.
Most of the characters are avalibile (Conductor, Hummingbird, Fortress, Sister Indigo, The Crusaders). Course everyone was modified to be geared a bit more specfically to my game format.

Only ones you guys probably can't get are Godiva (who emulates Medusa, only slightly tougher), Shadowbird and Exchalibur. If I get a chance I might post these guys in the Character section.

I plan on dropping a lot more illos of chara. As that is why I created this section. Just to highlight my artwork and show my love for all things V&V.

Cya
G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
We're looking forward to you posting you stuff. And I'd love to see some FC material.

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #5 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
FC material?

g7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #6 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Some full color artwork.

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #7 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Well my favorite Medium tends to be more Pen and ink... I use the computer to create shades of Gray... though... I can do it in colors as well. Just takes a lot of time. Though there are some neat effects I can play out with it.

I will do Colors when I can... but expect a lot of B&W artwork from me.

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #8 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Either way we look forward to more of your work.

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #9 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
There... I colored Royal Guard and reposted it in its slot.
Take another look.

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #10 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 at 11:24pm:
There... I colored Royal Guard and reposted it in its slot.
Take another look.

G7

Very nice work G7. I can barely draw stick figures, so I'm impressed.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #11 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 6:48am
Print Post  
G7, when do we get to see more of your work?

YIM  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #12 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Put it in the Member Art Thread!

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #13 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Well... actually I prefer having my own Gallery... that way comments are directed at my work and not that of others.

No offense.

If I did a Gallery show... it wouldn't have other artists in it... it would spotlight my work (artist thing... we are so selfish).

So I will probably keep my work here. Unless there is some sort of a collaboration. *wink*

G7

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #14 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Sure, I understand. I've known artists who didn't feel comfortable having their work compared to others.

Wink Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #15 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Sorry about the delay for getting more up here... unfortunately life interfers. LOL

The first image is some older prelim sketches I did of a redesigned Motivator. Though her costume was cool enough. It just didn't give that TOTAL villainess look.

So... here she is. The one human being not likely to ever see a humanitarian award.

MOTIVATOR

Next is the Cover foe from the V&V 2nd Ed. Rulebook. I have no idea what his real ability was... but there is a small blurb in the Crusader Citadel  Trophy room about a bent girder that a foe of the Crusaders called Magnet Man did.
I love the design of this villain... so that is who I made him into... Let me introduce you to my world's...

This is the actual cover image manipulated by my computer. I was going to color it but ran out of time. Besides... you've seen the cover... you know the colors. Jeff Dee's design of this chara is nearly flawless. Just reeks villainy.

Last is a chara I just did for Dsumner.
WILDSTAR in SPACE!!

The background is new. the image I gave him was plain white. Though I am sure he will nab this one. I am actually kind of pleased how this turned out. I would like to thank the Hubble Telescope for the background image.

That's it... for now.
Cya
G7
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2009 at 7:27pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #16 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Nice stuff!

I like your Motivatrix!

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #17 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Yeah... It's a pretty hot costume on her. Very fitting of her personality as mentioned in her profile in Most Wanted Vol 1.

I wished they had done a mod featuring her (Motivator).
I actually am taking my table games of old and making them into a module series and possible an accessory book of updated villains.
I have:
Revenge of the Destroyers
Wanted: Motivator
Essential Heroes:
Heroes Abound!
PROJECT: Ultimatum
Unlimited Opponents: revised Foes!
Most Wanted Vol 2
Robots Attack!
Symbols of War!

Villains and Vigilantes Presents: Return of the Tarot Masters, Trail of the T.O.T.E.M., Into the Sub-Realm.
The Power of Doctor Apcocalypse
INTERCRIME:
Villain war!
Dawn of the Devil (Rewritten)

I suppose I could do a second Villains and Vigilantes Presents:, That feature a host of mini adventures, including disaster scenarios. Maybe.
Those are pretty much the highlights of my games (Not including the mods themselves).

I know it sounds like a lot. But really it isn't.
But those fake mods above are what I would call major adventure stuff for my games of old. Plus if FGU isn't going to do Mods... well maybe we should.

G7

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #18 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
I decided to move the images from the WELCOME NEWCOMERS! to here.

So here is Madam Crystal Fridgia... in my world primary foe of the Justice Patrol.

This character was made using the video game FREEDOM FORCE. The background is actually from a background avalible for most computers (Though cropped). I just thought it looked so cool with her coloration. Almost looks like she is standing in a more colorful Fortress of Solitude.

Here also is a mock cover to the "LOST" Most Wanted Vol 2.
It features the character called Magnet Man (as can be read on the folder he appears on/the image is also from the game of FREEDOM FORCE).

MOST WANTED VOL 2: Cover featuring MAGNET MAN!

There ya go.

Cya
G7

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #19 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Here is Rising Sun.
Yes I know I put him in the Non-American characters thread... but... still my artwork. LOL

Japan's most renowned hero...

G7

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #20 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 3:19am
Print Post  
I thought... maybe you guys would get a kick out of some of the covers I did for some of our games (and yes I did give each adventure a title of some kind)... now granted... I redrew them and with the aid of my trusted steed the computer... was able to emulate a cover logo assembly... unfortunately... these are not modules. Just excepts from my games (Cause I drew a cover type illo - with crudely remade V&V upper logos for them - no... I will not show you my art from back then. LOL).

Here they are...

The guy in the green cloak above is someone you know (V&V players that is)... and no he isn't Doom... He's worse!

Ahhh this villain... He was so wonderfully wicked!... and yes... he is throwing barbwire!
It was a one time fight... but he had virtually the entire team of the Crusaders (my Crusaders that is...) all on the run. It was my Halloween game. My players all knew... when October came... so did at least one monster!!! *G7 laughs like Vincent Price!*

Hope you like.
Maybe sometime I will do some write ups to go with these (semi-Mods I guess *shrug* who knows?).

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #21 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 9:35am
Print Post  
The pumpkin headed guy reminds me of a villain I created for my M&M game, named Lord Pumpkin. I created specifically for a Halloween themed game, back around 05. I just may dig him out, and convert him to V&M. And, nice work on the covers.  Cool

YIM  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #22 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Nice work!

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #23 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 11:22am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Sep 21st, 2009 at 9:35am:
The pumpkin headed guy reminds me of a villain I created for my M&M game, named Lord Pumpkin. I created him specifically for a Halloween themed game, back around 05. I just may dig him out, and convert him to V&M. And, nice work on the covers.  Cool

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

G7's World of V&V.
Reply #24 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Harvest King was the name of my villain from the (MOCK) cover of HARVEST OF EVIL!!

No offense, Dsumner... but I doubt I would ever use pumpkin as part of a name of a villain... My players would have a hey-day with that... and they were already calling him names  trying to taunt him in the original game (Til he kicked their collective butts... Then all of a sudden his flaming pumpkin head wasn't so funny!).

Harvest King was a MAJOR foe.
He was cool... his appearance in the Sabin, Iowa (fictional town - Biggest corn producing state) was utterly wicked.
This is probably one of my favorite stories (Because he is one of the few villains, I actually made up and didn't template him off something from the game - or historic myth). From the environment (perpetual night) I created to what was really going on and why. The powers and abilities of the Harvest King and how just punching him wasn't the answer.

I started doing my occasional horror stories because I was never impressed with anything that FGU did in that department (Which I am sure I will cover in the polls section for each module).

The PC hero Speed Demon was from Iowa… which made it that much more fun (Though not from that town… though he had heard of the Legends of the insidious Harvest King - Devil in the Corn - Horror of the fields - Screaming Scarecrow). My games were rarely unelaborated.
Not that we didn’t do the typical “Bank robbers! GET EM!” stuff.

Because in my created Universe of V&V (Where everything was there from the Mods - though most were altered to a more serious level of game play)… Master Zero with Madame Frigia couldn’t freeze the world (Personal mod.: RETURN of the ICE AGE!!)… without drawing the attention of not only Nations and Heroes… but there were some villains who would and did interfere (Particularly in most cases - Motivator and Doctor Apocalypse - you should have seen them in action during my version of DAWN OF THE DEVIL).

Back to the Mock Mod…
Though I think the story of the Harvest King is cool… I don’t believe that Horror Mods for V&V did all that well. I believe they probably were the weakest in sales (though I am not absolutely sure) and that they probably should have tried to stick to a reoccurring villain here and there as opposed to doing them.

This just gives you all a glance into My world of V&V.

Cya
G7
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2009 at 2:14pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: G7's World of V&V.
Reply #25 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Cool art work.  I hope you post more.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #26 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 21st, 2009 at 2:08pm:
No offense, Dsumner... but I doubt I would ever use pumpkin as part of a name of a villain... My players would have a hey-day with that... and they were already calling him names  trying to taunt him in the original game (Til he kicked their collective butts... Then all of a sudden his flaming pumpkin head wasn't so funny!).

Lord Pumpkin, was the Spirit of Halloween, and he was far from a joke. He has the ability to alter reality, summon demons, and generally cause much havoc. If I do convert him over, I'll have to work out how he'd function in V&V terms.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2009 at 7:53pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #27 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Mine was less a spirit of Halloween thing... and more of a things associated with harvest and fall. Though I guess the Jack-O-Lantern head is associated with that... but he is more a scarecrow than Jack-O-Lantern.

He is kind of a moot chara I suppose... It was just one of the covers I had designed back in the day and redid for here. Though I have to say I like the effect of it better than my original.

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #28 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
G7, your art style really reminds of a lot of Tod McFarlane's early work, especially his Infinity Inc. work.

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #29 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
omg dude... I absolutely dispise Todd McFarlane... I made fun of him and picked on him at a Moter City Comic Con and was nearly thrown out...

I think what it really is... at least in that pic from Harvest of Evil!! is the barb wire effect (which looks a lot like his webbing thing - I was doing WAY before him) and the etchiness of the computer effect I used... My artwork is nothing like his. If it looks similar to his Infinity Inc stuff... I would say my work probably more resembles the INKERS style over McFarlane's than to actually look like McFarlane's crap style.

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #30 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 21st, 2009 at 10:43pm:
omg dude... I absolutely dispise Todd McFarlane... I made fun of him and picked on him at a Moter City Comic Con and was nearly thrown out...

I think what it really is... at least in that pic from Harvest of Evil!! is the barb wire effect (which looks a lot like his webbing thing - I was doing WAY before him) and the etchiness of the computer effect I used... My artwork is nothing like his. If it looks similar to his Infinity Inc stuff... I would say my work probably more resembles the INKERS style over McFarlane's than to actually look like McFarlane's crap style.

G7

G7, hopefully my comments didn't offend you, as I like your style, and hope to see you post more of your stuff.  Embarrassed

YIM  
IP Logged

Nidd
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 11:59am
Print Post  
It's great to see more of your art G7.  I missed it since the debacle on the other forum.  Great work and those are some fun characters

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #32 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Sorry Dsumner. I just knee jerked. I am an ass for responding like that. IT has absolutely nothing to do with you or even for the most part what you meant (I know it was meant as a compliment).

Let me show you my full pencils. Hopefully you will see the George Perez and John Byrne influence on my work (Though I am not nearly as talented as either of them).
Here is an image I did of MIGHTY MAN and SUPER-ANN of the Centaur Heroes (Obscure heroes predating many others from the late 30s & early 40s)

Okay... so that image is puny... LOL.

Try this.

There we go... MUCH better... ahhh I love this woman. MS. MARVEL is my favorite super-heroine (granted.. this is a 98 pic, I have certainly improved since then).

Hope that gives you a clearer indication of what I am capable of. *wink*

Nidd...
What "debacle"? Did it have something to do with religion? LOL... (Please... don't anyone start). Cause frankly I don't remember (musta been pretty traumatic for me! LOL).

People knock-heads. Oh well!... I am sure it will happen again when I finally get to the Poll going on Mod 2026. LOL

All that aside... thank you very much. THIS forum is a wonderful site... with some incredible people in it (who by all indications seem to appreciate my efforts).

So hi again Nidd (I do remember the name... but, sorry if I don't remember much about the conversations... you'll have to remind me. *wink*)

G7

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #33 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Hello again everyone!
Just me doin what I do!

This next pic is the WOMEN OF VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES!
If your a total V&V enthusiast, you should be able to identify all but one (with the exception of Dreamweaver who is the first character to the far left - she has poofy hair and a cut mask in my games)

From Left to right by rolls:
Dreamweaver - Evergreen -Ebony Angel
Empress - Wondra (back in her former superheroine form) Starlight
Telecomm - Ward - Psistorm
Sonora - Vortex - Diana

Enjoy!
G7
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2009 at 2:25am by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Harkker
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #34 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 1:37am
Print Post  
wow very nice!  excellent work!

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #35 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Thank you, Harkker.

G7

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #36 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
I love your artwork, G7!

And yes, I can see the Byrne influences (one of my favorite artists).

Have you ever done any markers for V&V?  Or did your group not use them?

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #37 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
No. Never used the Markers... except as a pool for who was fighting and who was not (or unconcious). Just flat out maps and lots of imaginative 3D combat.

and thank you for the nice compliments.

G7

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #38 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
By the way, I love your art Guardian.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #39 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Thanks John. I am glad everyone gets enjoyment out of seeing my stuff.
I think it is heighted by the fact that I am doing illos of chara who really haven't had a lot of images done of them in over 20 yrs.

In my Superheroines of V&V something has been bugging me... and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what it was... then it dawned on me.

I FORGOT EBONY ANGEL!!!

How did I forget her? She played such pivotal roles in so many stories (Including the one surrounding her not truely being a criminal)!... ugh...

First chance I get I will do a full pic of Ebony Angel. Besides... she is rockin cool!

G7

I still can't believe I forgot her and remembered to put C.H.E.S.S.'s Alexandra Huntington/Diana on there... ugh!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #40 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 26th, 2009 at 9:08pm:
No. Never used the Markers... except as a pool for who was fighting and who was not (or unconcious). Just flat out maps and lots of imaginative 3D combat.

and thank you for the nice compliments.

G7

Wow!  As talented of an artist as you are, it would seem like a no-brainer to put that skill to use with markers.  I guess I'm just so used to them that I have a hard time imagining playing the game without them.  It gives such a clear picture of who has behind facing, how and where somebody goes when they get knocked back 30", who can see who, and the like.

I've grown so accustomed to using markers that I pretty much do it for every RPG game I play.  It's actually rare when I don't use them.  I only really have time to make each and every marker for one game system, so the only one I carefully do every single marker for (often drawing them or finding images on the web) is V&V.  For other game systems (Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, etc.) it's a simple matter to take my 1" counter cutter and quickly snap out markers using old CCG cards.

To each their own, but for combat I find that markers add a multi-dimensional and visual element that enhances games a thousand fold!    Smiley

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #41 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 1:39am
Print Post  
LOL - I am not sure exactly how talented I am. But I certainly appreciate the vote of confidence.
I once as a player, was in a game where the DM used minitures... I almost took it up (but it was all very expensive to me...), Though the Markers are an excellent tracking idea (I used disposable photocopies of my maps - though I never actually disposed of them so I could track combat in my free time and do combat reviews by Manta Man* or whoever was leading the team "PCs as well").

Markers would be a breeze for me to design and draw (just turned my attentions elsewhere).

Cya
G7

* Before anyone thinks I was using Manta Man as a GM bullying tool (Which was briefly discuss recently in the Differences between Comics and RPGS). I wasn't. Just was an easy IN-GAME way to dispense advice and create easy character intereactions. *wink*

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #42 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 28th, 2009 at 1:39am:
* Before anyone thinks I was using Manta Man as a GM bullying tool (Which was briefly discuss recently in the Differences between Comics and RPGS). I wasn't. Just was an easy IN-GAME way to dispense advice and create easy character intereactions. *wink*

The published rules actually suggest creating an NPC superhero strong-arm in case player-characters get out of line, making the vision behind V&V intrinsically antithetical to unlawful behavior.  I was very fortunate that even the Wolverine wanna-be in my early GM-experience wanted to stay on the up-and-up. I pity the  GM left in the position of using NPCs--or side conversations--to remind player characters that the game is about acting the part of the superhero (in spite of what read one might have on the term 'vigilante'). Word up.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2009 at 2:11am by SuperFriend »  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #43 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 2:24am
Print Post  
The one time I had that problem. The PCs actually stepped in and I had to do little. Well... other than have Enforcer toss up a force field before it degenerated into a brawl! LOL

G7

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

G7's EBONY ANGEL.
Reply #44 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Here... did a little justice for our resident girl in black from Most Wanted Vol 1.

I still can't believe I forgot her in my heroines illo...

So here she is... all dark and lethal looking...

Cool... huh?

G7
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2009 at 9:31pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #45 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 28th, 2009 at 2:24am:
The one time I had that problem. The PCs actually stepped in and I had to do little. Well... other than have Enforcer toss up a force field before it degenerated into a brawl! LOL

G7

The only time I can remember having a problem with one of our heroes, I hand-made a "superhero" (government-type) who dropped in and wiped the floor with one of the PCs who was getting out of line.

To be fair, the PC was probably quite frustrated; I had stripped his near billion dollar fortune away, wrecked his reputation and taken nearly everything from him (inspired by Daredevil's "Born Again" run), and he had lashed out, taking it out on some innocent cops who had tried to arrest him.

So I brought in a custom-made "good guy" who kicked his ass and put him in his place and squared everything away again, and he did what he needed to do later to put everything right and clear his name.   Smiley

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #46 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 1:31am
Print Post  
I mentioned in the post  Re: Character Death about how the Hero PC Titan (Brick) had over punched a MUCH weaker foe (a simple flaming girl) and did massive damage to her (unintentionally - He honestly thought she could take it and the look of surprise on his face was quite genuine). ANYHOW... Imperial (of Devil's Domain) showed up to do an inquiry... He chastised Titan for what he called his flagrant disregard and use of his abilities. This of course upset the PC Titan a lot (Though not the Player... he totally understood Imperial's position)... long story short, it all turned out all right. Though this is a minor example of "Stepping in"... it is the same principle.

We also had a time where clues to a case led the Crusaders to a secret Military base, where the people there were being mind controlled by the villain who Headhunter would eventually consume (A VERY important villain in my universe).
The Crusaders ended up in a big ole whoppin fight with American Military forces... They called in the Guard (Which at this time was the nearly every Goverment hero - Imperial, Telecomm, Meganaut, Molecule Man, Vortex, Steel "formally Stigmata" and the solo govermental hero Resonator).
Thinking the Goverment heroes were also being mind controlled (Which some of them did fall sway to the villain's psionic abilities) the obligationary hero vs hero fight broke out (only one villain... so someone had to fight).
ANYHOW... after the fight the Crusaders were investigated by the ASA... The Crusaders fell on the defense that they were not sure who they could trust.
This satisfied the ASA and their East Coast director Mr. Scarlet (Who had dealt with the Crusaders previous in the Assassin Mod).

G7

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

V.I.L.E.'s JOVIA
Reply #47 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Here is a female villainess I immediately upgraded in looks. Though her original look is fine. I thought this looked better. This is how she looked throughout my campaign…

JOVIA: Carla Truesdale -  Her scientist inventor father Dr. Henry Truesdale (works for World Labs) had created a crib and belt which generated a personal high gravity enviroment around her. A rebellious girl she eventually fell in with a the wrong crowd. She started using her abilities of super strength and denser body structure to commit crimes. She was due to do a stint at a special reform school (operated by M.E.D.U.S.A.), breaking free she stole the her gravity belt back (from the M.E.D.U.S.A.  facility in the Texas Panhandle) and was on the run. Her looks made her easy to spot. CHESS stepped in to arrest Carla but she was rescued by members of V.I.L.E. and disappeared.
She was trained to fight and V.I.L.E. tended to use her an extremely tough Security Guard.
Once V.I.L.E. were assured that Carla could be trusted. They started teaming her with the East Coast portion of V.I.L.E. super Agents: Proditor Capella, Wraithman, Boosterman and the super intelligent ApeX. 
Tactics: Jovia would use her abilities and the Gravity Belt in combination to lift objects her normal strength could not. She once threw two buses at the PC Titan at the same time (Weighing well over her 5848 capacity if she hadn’t used the Gravity Belt to lighten then release the Buses once she threw them).
She is a pretty simple brawler and is usually used for distraction by causing a lot of noise and damage. She has an extreme hatred for telepaths and illusionists with the exception of ApeX, String-Puppet and Hollywood. (she also dislikes Manta Man for his paralysis ray - even though she is massively resistant to it).

So… here she is… Smile or she’ll kick your butt!

Cya
G7
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2009 at 11:06pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

2031 Terror of the Zodiac
Reply #48 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 4:29am
Print Post  

G7

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: G7's art
Reply #49 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Wow! These last two look even more Byrne-like. Smiley

They look fantastic, G7!!!

p.s. - Jovia looks a thousand times better than she did in Opponents Unlimited!
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2009 at 5:10pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #50 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
The biggest "problem" power that I've found in our games is Gravity Control.  Numerous heroes have found the effective (but lethal) combo of making somebody weight negative (say, -18 times their weight) so that they go flying way up high in the air (until out of the character's range), and then they go falling to the ground (sometimes helped along by the gravity-wielder, perhaps now making them 18 times heavier!).

Needless to say, this can cause quite the splat! (and kill even a big, tough, super villain).

It hasn't taken long for a few of our characters to figure this out.  One PC (I think he was the first) was actually charged criminally (and found guilty), I believe of reckless endangerment or manslaughter, and he actually went to prison for a bit (he ended up getting out and doing a special black ops mission for the government to earn a pardon).

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #51 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
We are struggling with that too.  In my son's campaign, his brother has gravity control and magnetics.  We are going through the Dawn of DNA and just fought Mongo, using tossing him up in the air, and just letting him fall, he was doing like 20+damage/attack, without rolling a die.  We used the falling rules, he would make him weightless until he went out of his range, 17" and then let him fall.  Damage was equal to the ((square root of his basic hits * inches fallen) - his basic hits)/ his ht adjustment for growth.  Is that the formula you guys use, or how else could it work.  The cool thing is gravity control doesn't get tougher with experience like Magnetics, but he has used it to make things light, and lift them, he hasn't tried throwing them yet... he's also made a couple of the PCs light so a flying PC could tow them around.  Cool power...

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #52 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Sep 30th, 2009 at 7:48pm:
We are struggling with that too.  In my son's campaign, his brother has gravity control and magnetics.  We are going through the Dawn of DNA and just fought Mongo, using tossing him up in the air, and just letting him fall, he was doing like 20+damage/attack, without rolling a die.  We used the falling rules, he would make him weightless until he went out of his range, 17" and then let him fall.  Damage was equal to the ((square root of his basic hits * inches fallen) - his basic hits)/ his ht adjustment for growth.  Is that the formula you guys use, or how else could it work.  The cool thing is gravity control doesn't get tougher with experience like Magnetics, but he has used it to make things light, and lift them, he hasn't tried throwing them yet... he's also made a couple of the PCs light so a flying PC could tow them around.  Cool power...

Yes, it is a cool (and versatile) power; honestly it's one of the most powerful in the whole game, when used effectively.

Just to give an example (with Mongo), let's suppose a PC has a Strength of 12 (just above average).

Mongo falling normally is just as you said.  He weighs 5400 lbs, which means that he has 108 BH.  If he went up to 13" high (because 12" up in the PC's range) and then fell, he would take:

Damage = √ object's BH x number of " fallen this turn

Damage = 10.39 (√ of 108) x 13

Damage = 135

Now imagine that said PC (with a S of 12) kept control of that character and increased Mongo's weight by a factor of +12!

Suddenly Mongo weighs 64,800, has 1,296 BH, and he's taking 432 points of damage!  If his Invulnerability was gone that turn, he's splattered and most definitely dead!

If the PC has a 17 S like your son, and even if you make him fall at 17", your damage is still going to be 177 (and 728 if he  increases his weight by 17!).

You can see how quickly (and easily) Gravity can be a killer, even in a game where it's normally VERY hard to kill someone (where Aunt May would often not be killed by a small nuclear bomb blowing up in her face!)    Huh

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #53 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
G7, you continue to impress me with your work, keep it up.  Cool

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #54 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Thank you all for the nice compliments.

Yeah the last two certainly have a Byrne flair with Perezy touches.

Though the Ebony Angel one looks damn fine, I think. It really captures the atmosphere she is usually seen in (at least by description - ala Batman).

I am actually writing the Module to Project: Ultimatum (Not sure if I will do that with Harvest of Evil and Terror of the Zodiac - both of which were more geared towards my world of Villains and Vigilantes... but who knows).

My only problem is... It is difficult to write simplistically.

*Shrug* oh well! LOL

More artwork to come.
I did some sketches of the Crusaders I might post them. Not sure. More design work than anything.

Cya
G7
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2009 at 1:42pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #55 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 11:29am
Print Post  
I am looking for some artwork done , i have my drawings but not as nice as what i'm seeing here! I grew up a Byrne fan and the only artist I collect as much of is Alex Ross. Any ideas? I have 3 characters I need art for. The first: imagine a minotaur with the head of a bison dressed in Native American garb
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2009 at 11:33am by Avatar »  

Earthspirit.jpg ( 1011 KB | 25 Downloads )
Earthspirit.jpg

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #56 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 11:33am
Print Post  
The Second:Human torso,eagle head and feet/legs,Wings on back also dressed in Native American garb

Airspirit.jpg ( 984 KB | 24 Downloads )
Airspirit.jpg

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #57 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 11:34am
Print Post  
The third: a shark being Again with native trappings

Waterspirit.jpg ( 985 KB | 25 Downloads )
Waterspirit.jpg

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #58 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 11:35am
Print Post  
If anyone can suggest or lead me to some help I would appreciate it

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #59 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
I'll see what I can do.
Probably just post them here for you to lift and use.
Easy stuff.... I used to design native American characters and I have an excellent sourcebook of native american garb.
(which is pretty intricate stuff).

So how much of a blend of the animals are they?
Does the Bison-Minotaur have cloven feet? Does he resemble a Minotaur in most respects?

Same applies for the Eagle and Shark one (last one especially needs to be defined... does he have two separate forms? one of land one for water? or is it a universal form?).
Actually this sounds like a lot of fun to draw... I love assignments (LOL).

G7

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #60 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Minotaur in most respects yes, hac cloven hooves.
The shark guy has a universal form with webbed feet and hands also has a fin on back of his head  I think the eagle one is clear (or at least it is on my browser, lol)
the head is an eagle, the torso a man, the legs and feet are eagle, large wings on his back.
again thanks for the help my artwork is almost as old as me  Smiley

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #61 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
They are all spirt forms from the native "mythology" each one of them shares the body of the Character: Avatar. When one of them is in this realm he is in the other realm with the other two. Its a neat rp situation. Playing four different personas in one body.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #62 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 1:14am
Print Post  
K. I will get on this as soon as I am able.

Do you have a site with images of these chara on it?
If not making them up is not a problem.

G7

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #63 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 9:10am
Print Post  
unfortunatly i have no site. My computers were stolen a few  months ago. I am using my daughters laptop and have the pics on my flashdrive. I really appreciate the help all you guys on this site have given me. I think I can get one of the guys in our Champions game to give V&V another shot. At least he has looked at this site.

G7 if you are willing to do some art I'll pull it from here if thats ok. I am currently playing this character in Champions and he is stuck in his shark form. The other players have no idea that he is a spirit or about the switching thing.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #64 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Cool characters (and I like the art for them, too).  G7, that's super cool that you're willing to help out with characters like this - your art rocks!    Smiley

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #65 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
I agree, I was showing my sons your module covers, and they were like why don't you buy that one... Your stuff is definitely has that Zircher/Dee quality.  I'd love to see some of your writeups on how you used FORCE, as he seems to be becoming a major villain in our current campaign!

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #66 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
I posted the pics that i did for these characters on this thread pleas let me know if you cannot see them cause i do on my computer

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #67 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Oct 28th, 2009 at 5:32pm:
I posted the pics that i did for these characters on this thread pleas let me know if you cannot see them cause i do on my computer

I'm unable to see them, Avatar.

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #68 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Anyone have any suggestions so that i can post my pics? I have them on a drive i could e=mail them to some of you guys with the appropriate programs. I dont know if they are just to big to be on the site.  I would like any help i can get on this. I've been playing this character for a while

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #69 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
I can see them Avatar... not sure what the issue is.

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #70 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Thanks Hammer

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #71 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Nov 7th, 2009 at 10:25am:
Thanks Hammer

I might've misunderstood what you meant, Avatar.  If you're meaning the pictures you posted in replies #55-#57 of this thread, I can see those (and they look cool!).

I thought perhaps you'd posted new ones that I couldn't see...

IP Logged

AslanC
Ex Member

Reply #72 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Fantastic work sir!

I love the Jeff Dee influence, but if I must say your style is a bit more polished/refined than his.

Do you take commissions?

IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #73 - Dec 23rd, 2009 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
G7 - awesome artwork!  I just saw this today since it got bumped up.  I wish you were in my gaming group.  Smiley

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #74 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Hey my native american character died this session. I am putting together a new character does anyone know where i can hire an artist?

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #75 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Apr 14th, 2010 at 3:19pm:
Hey my native american character died this session. I am putting together a new character does anyone know where i can hire an artist?

Yep, I know several that I can recommend. I'll post links to their sites. Let them know I sent you their way, and see if they'll cut you a discount rate.

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #76 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Cool, will you posts links here? let me know when and who. I doubt this character will be as tough to draw as the last one

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #77 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Since this thread contains art influenced by Byrne. Has anyone read his books The Next Men? One of the guys in my group just loaned it to me it's good stuff

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #78 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Apr 14th, 2010 at 4:32pm:
Cool, will you posts links here? let me know when and who. I doubt this character will be as tough to draw as the last one

I'll post them to another thread, that will clearly be marked.

Avatar wrote on Apr 14th, 2010 at 4:34pm:
Since this thread contains art influenced by Byrne. Has anyone read his books The Next Men? One of the guys in my group just loaned it to me it's good stuff

I only read a couple of issues. I keep claiming I'm going to order the TPB collections so I can read the whole series through.

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #79 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
The Next Men was the last good thing Byrne did.  It was a great time travel story!

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #80 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Apr 14th, 2010 at 3:19pm:

Hey! Don't forget about AMG who sometimes haunts these boards. I'm sure he would be interested and he has done a few pictures for me as The Dark Warrior. The sketch he did for John of Silent Fury was just from a basic description I gave him. Yeah, I push his work because I like it. Shoot him a PM.

IP Logged

iggy rock
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

G7
Reply #81 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
I'm missing something. Who is G7? A V&V illustrator? I comic book illustrator? I don't follow the reference.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #82 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
iggy rock wrote on Apr 16th, 2010 at 9:19pm:
I'm missing something. Who is G7? A V&V illustrator? I comic book illustrator? I don't follow the reference.

G7 is a board member, and artist, who's contributed a lot of artwork, and ideas, to the boards. If you look around, you can see some of the stuff he's posted.

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #83 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Well for any who can help me find an artist, I am willing to pay for the work. This character will be a lot easier than the Native American one I just lost. He is basically a Batman type. His costume is a black armored suit like Bats complete with cape down to the ground. Instead of a cowl he wears a helmet that looks like the movie Iron Man helmet. The helm is painted black,the faceplate a lighter shade then the suit. The faceplate is reflective enough to use as a mirror if you are close enough

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #84 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
What's the characters name? I like the reflective mask. What catch phrase will he use when the villian sees their own frightened reflection in it????

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #85 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Havent decided yet. Fear or Stalker.

I was thinking when the baddies see their faces he could say something like

"Now you see what fear looks like"

Any suggestions?

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #86 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Or how about

"Look into the eyes of fear"

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #87 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Whatever you come up with will be good. I can just see the cover from the first comic. Close up on the characters face mask with the reflection of the baddy and his look of horror.

I like Stalker.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #88 - Apr 22nd, 2010 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
I like this concept you've come up with, Avatar.  The character sounds really cool, and I too can picture the first issue with this guy!    Cool

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #89 - Apr 22nd, 2010 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
The helmet has heads up displays, with night vision and radar. It also has radio hearing and keeps him in touch with his partner. The partner is the gadget designer and acts like his eyes in the sky. Stalker just has combat skills similar to the Batman. He dose not have any other gadgets yet. I thought he/they could develop in game play. Stalker is a former Navy Seal and he and his friend were both military. They were duped into working with the terrorists. When the realized what was going on they took the helmet (Bad guys paid for and designed it) and faked their deaths. Stalker has no idea, but his friend took a lot of money from the terrorists when the left and he is using it to fund Stalker

I used the word terrorist simply because you could plug in any villain group. I thought it would be a neat idea and if wanted, the tech guy could be a separate character and not just a sidekick

what do you guys think?

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #90 - Apr 22nd, 2010 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
How about a character sheet while we're waiting on the pics???

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #91 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 3:19am
Print Post  
ok i will break out my old V&V book and do that  Grin

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #92 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Found my book. I had to put the pages in individual page covers and in a binder the poor old thing

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #93 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 10:04am
Print Post  
STALKER
Identity: Keith Hamilton Cobb
Side: Good            Sex: Male
Training: Defense

Powers:
1. Heightened Defense: -4 to be hit
2. Willpower (A): PR=1 per hour  for use as a defense
3. Natural Weaponry: Martial Arts Training : +3 to hit, +6 Damage
4. Weakness Detection: range = 1" (+7)
5. Heightened Charisma: +8
6. Helmet: Radar, High range radio (hear and transmit)

Height:6' 2"     Weight:240 lbs.  Basic Hits:5  Agility Mod:0

Str: 18   End:18   Agility: 20  Int: 18
Char: 15 Reactions from: Good : +2  Evil: -2

Hit Points:43
Damage Mod : +3      Healing Rate: 2.5    Accuracy: +3
Power Points: 74
Carry Capacity: 916 lbs  Basic HTH: 1d8
( I think that is right, my book has carry capacity formula then either myself or my dad made notes afterward with a different formula. Dad used to run games for us when we first started)
Movement rates: Run 56"

It has been a long while since i put together a character using this system hope i didn't miss anything
I did not include his sidekick simply because i think it would be better role playing if he was another player if not then i guess  he would have to be a follower of some kind

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #94 - May 3rd, 2010 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Here is the background info I had put together for Stalker. I had thought about using him for Champions but i think V&V would work better. okay it wont allow the file i guess i will have to re type it

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #95 - May 4th, 2010 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Stalker looks great, Avatar! (though I'm a bit partial since my first V&V PC was named Nightstalker).    Smiley

His HUD sounds very similar to what my PC Majestic has.  His was in a C.H.E.S.S. suit that he wore, but he later was given a more advanced suit by an alien race (kind of our version of the Shi'ar).  Later still a lightning strike by a villain transferred some of the suit's abilities into him (turning him from a guy with devices into a true super), so now he has the HUD himself.  In addition to radar (like you), it also has sonar and infrared.

You did the CC formula exact, so good work there!

Overall he looks like a fun character, and the concept is a solid one as well!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #96 - May 4th, 2010 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Oh, one question I forgot to ask:

Under training you list "defense".  Be careful with that one, as simply giving a player -1 against all attacks is uber powerful (it's one of the reasons I think they didn't list the ability to get a defense bonus under training in the rules).  Consider making that defense only against one attack form (like only against HtH).  This balances it out with the attack bonus one can get when training (such as +1 to hit with HtH).

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #97 - May 4th, 2010 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the heads up on that Its been a while since i played i think i will focus on HTH defense

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #98 - May 21st, 2010 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
My goodness... I leave for a few months and my Art-zone gets hijacked! LOL

G7

IP Logged

Mike
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #99 - May 21st, 2010 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on May 21st, 2010 at 6:59pm:
Reply #98 - Today at 6:59pm My goodness... I leave for a few months and my Art-zone gets hijacked! LOL

G7

You were gone for like a year! It took me months to figure out who G7 was. I've read some of your classic-era posts on this site. I hope you stick around!

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #100 - May 22nd, 2010 at 12:27am
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on May 21st, 2010 at 6:59pm:
My goodness... I leave for a few months and my Art-zone gets hijacked! LOL

G7

Hey, glad to see you back!  Cool

YIM  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #101 - May 22nd, 2010 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Glad your back!

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #102 - May 22nd, 2010 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Yes, welcome back G7!

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #103 - May 23rd, 2010 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Actually Mike... I have only been gone since the beginning of Nov... but it still has been a while.
Now get out of my room... all of you!! or I will tell MOM! LOL

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #104 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 1:14am
Print Post  
G7, you still with us?

YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #105 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on May 23rd, 2010 at 3:37pm:
Actually Mike... I have only been gone since the beginning of Nov... but it still has been a while.
Now get out of my room... all of you!! or I will tell MOM! LOL

G7

dsumner wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 1:14am:
G7, you still with us? 

Typical big brother, "Get outta my room! I'm leaving on a date. I'll be back later and you better not mess up my comics!"

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #106 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Anyone know where G7 is these days?

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #107 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
no sign of him for a while

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #108 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Jul 8th, 2010 at 3:19pm:
no sign of him for a while

Anyone happen to have his contact info?

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #109 - Jul 22nd, 2010 at 2:08am
Print Post  
G7, where are you? I really want to holler at you about something.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #110 - Sep 26th, 2010 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Well I stumbled across G7, on another forum, as well as some more of his artwork. I shot him an email, so hopefully he responds. Here's a couple of samples of his Kaiju work.

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #111 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Didn't I tell you guys to stay out of my room! LOL

I haven't really read any posts at the moment so I have no idea what you guys are up to or what mischief your in to.

I was just milling about on the net and saw my link to this site and thought what the hell.

No offense... but that is not my best Kaiju Work... the Minya one is exceptionally poor in my opinion.

The Erutaerc one is better... but only because it is mine.

Been doing a bit of artwork here and there.

Likely going to finally do an Online Comic here soon.

That's it... nothing special!

G7

Here are a couple recent pics...

MISS AMERICA v the ICE-THING!
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t225/Samcub/MissAmericavstheIce-Thing.jpg

LIBERTY LEGION in the SAVAGE LAND!
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t225/Samcub/LibertyLegionintheSavageLand2with...

and likely a character I am going to use in that Online Comic I blatted about.

SOLARMAN

« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2010 at 7:39pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #112 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
G7, good to see you're still plugging away. Any chance you could share a little info on Solarman?

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #113 - Oct 1st, 2010 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/solarman.htm

Which isn't very descriptive... fortunately I have the comic he appears in (just one story).

First off the color pattern I used is wrong... he actually looks like this (one on the left).

The one on the right was the only image that appeared of him until just earlier this year. No one knew what he looked like.

I stuck with the wrong colors cause frankly they are better. Besides... the world does not require one more blue and red character.

His powers are strength and likely some form of toughness...

He doesn't fly from his little society located either on or above Saturn... he is in some manner hurled using the vacuum of space to help him (and pulled back the same way).
Solarman was on a mission to stop the wrongs of the Earth... I.E.: Stop criminals... his first and only story is a simple snag the mobster type... frankly speaking I was rather disappointed considering I have been trying for years to find out who the hell he is.
I was hoping he would be fighting some space menace (as by the time publishing for the obscure company he comes from had already stopped before the NAZIS became full frontal in the heroes battle end of the WWII).

He also works with this little dwarf dude who is the greatest scientist (EVER!! LOL... well so they say!) and he is the one that sends him on his mission... even though at first he was going to use a death (Dyno-) ray (Gun( and burn Earth to a crisp (destroy Earth) because Earth holds much crime and evil (likely highly destructive as well). He changed his mind and sent Solarman instead... oh by the way... they come from a Utopian society. Though Dr. Quino doesn't seem very Utopian with his Death ray... lol

That's it... pretty much a blank slate.

G7

That's it.

The pic you see him is with his powers beefed up... of course.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #114 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
G7, you still out there man?

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #115 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Occasionally..
Back to being really busy again but I check in here once in a while.

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #116 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 1:11am:
Occasionally..
Back to being really busy again but I check in here once in a while.

G7

Good to see you're alive and kicking.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #117 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Here's another piece of G7's stuff

YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #118 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Another amazing piece of art!   Smiley

[this one more than any before looks like Byrne's work, which IMHO is a good thing!]

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #119 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Okay I haven't been on the forum in a while. I am running a game of my own that is a table top once a month and also uses a free forum site for blue booking/rp in between. I don't know if this is the place to find what I am looking for but thought it was a good place to start. I have two images I would like to meld together but have no idea how to do it using the stuff I have can anyone help?

bat1.jpg ( 255 KB | 28 Downloads )
bat1.jpg

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #120 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
The second image

war_machine.png ( 103 KB | 31 Downloads )
war_machine.png

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #121 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Basically I am trying to put this faceplate on this head, then remove the ears and bat symbol anyone able to do this?

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #122 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
I wish I could help, Avatar.  I think somebody who knows and understands Photoshop should be able to do that for you.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to do much in Photoshop.

It's good to hear from you again, though!   Smiley

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #123 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 5:18am
Print Post  
Here's a few of G7's character's from his online fiction.

Flamehawk

Barricade

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #124 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 5:47am
Print Post  
An Ape Bot

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #125 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 5:53am
Print Post  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #126 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 6:06am
Print Post  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #127 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 6:18am
Print Post  

YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #128 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Great stuff!

Inspiring me to play some more V&V!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #129 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Yes, it is great stuff.  You can definitely see the Byrne influence on his work.    Cool

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #130 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Avatar was looking for this I believe

ForAvatar.jpg ( 262 KB | 28 Downloads )
ForAvatar.jpg

If it's not fun, we're not doing it right.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #131 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 12:30am
Print Post  
AlabasterKnight wrote on Mar 22nd, 2011 at 6:23pm:
Avatar was looking for this I believe

I think that's the look he was going for.

YIM  
IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #132 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Mar 22nd, 2011 at 1:19pm:
Yes, it is great stuff.  You can definitely see the Byrne influence on his work.    Cool

Definite Byrne influence and modeling.
(I like Byrne too)

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #133 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Thanks Knight. Way better than the pencil drawing I am currently using for the character. Let's hope the better look will influence me into some success against his current dance partner in the Empire City blog Cheesy

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #134 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Not a problem... have a little idle time here and there. Smiley

IP Logged

Heston
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #135 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Nice work. I especially like Solarman and Trump.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #136 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Here's another pic

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #137 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 6:21am
Print Post  
Why are all these posts in my art area?
No one knows how to start a post of they're own? Ya gotta mess up my area?
LOL.. Just kidding. Now stay out!

I'd post something relatively new... But I can't get the photo bucket mobile app to take hold. Maybe later today.

Maybe...
G7
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2014 at 6:23am by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #138 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Glad to see you back!

YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #139 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
It seems it's the week for old returning members.  You should pull up a chair and sit a spell, G7Smiley

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #140 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 7:47am
Print Post  
We'll...

Here is a mock cover I did for Age of heroes. A round Robin series on another site.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #141 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
More artwork. My character from Age of heroes and her family of heroes.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #142 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
father of Diamond Doris' kids...

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #143 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
first Son of my heroes...

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #144 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Stolen twin...

IP Logged

merteuil
Teen Titan

Reply #145 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
wouhaou  Cheesy

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #146 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Clone of the first son...

Her first costume... Unintentionally drawn from the memories of her sibling/male donor.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #147 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Clone's second costume after being deeply embarrassed by the fact she was emulating Mr Steel.

So she comes back as this....

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #148 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Quick question for you. Who's the Kaiju looking creature they're fighting on the mock cover?

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #149 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 1:37pm
Print Post  

Just a note. These are my characters... If you want to repost,  reproduce or whatever.
Please ask first. It is my work and mostly my creations.

The characters I list that are not mine, are not allowed to be reposted or reused, except for by me. Such as Shadow Sleuth or Snowstorm.

I'm pretty friendly... But I need to be asked.

G7/Les

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #150 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
That's a friend of mine's character, Dr Fauna.

Primary for of the Argonaut's.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #151 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Here's a city map I made using google maps for Age of heroes.

Metro City turned out very nice and this is copyrighted to me.

It took me weeks to make it and I have both a key and photo image using maps again.

This shows where it is, the template I used and after I added the details.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #152 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
All the green, trees, roads, bridges etc was probably the most fun ever making a map.

I think my attention to detail shows how much I enjoyed myself.

It is the one of two amazing modern maps I have ever made... Halycon City, Cal. Is JUST as cool.

I have a deep love for fictional cities and I was inspired by both real and fiction.

« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2014 at 2:12pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #153 - Nov 28th, 2014 at 7:01am
Print Post  
The heroes from my very short stint in another Round-Robin prose-rpg.

Brief appearance of these chara at SHH super hero headquarters I believe.

Unmasked...

Onguard is copyrighted to me since 92. As are all chara.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #154 - Nov 28th, 2014 at 7:23am
Print Post  
Full pics of the above...

The final 1/3 members of the team... The triplet combining heroes.

Neat huh?
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2014 at 7:27am by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #155 - Nov 28th, 2014 at 7:33am
Print Post  
Unicorn banner logo and transformed/pissed off...

Manicorn form...

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #156 - Nov 28th, 2014 at 7:43am
Print Post  
Onguard's  two bases...

Earthbound Chrysler Building...

Drawn by Steven Willshire/colored by me.

Orbital base

Cool huh?

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #157 - Nov 29th, 2014 at 2:17am
Print Post  
So many cool images there! Thanks for sharing these!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #158 - Nov 30th, 2014 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Yep, great stuff (as always).  Your art still reminds me very much of John Byrne, especially your faces.  Smiley

IP Logged

Detective27
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #159 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
I joined this forum at G7s invitation. It's nice to see all the old pics from back in the day. I miss playing with that group. Hopefully you can make it up for a session or two, G7.

Nice work on the stuff I hadn't seen before. Btw.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #160 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 4:46am
Print Post  
Thanks D27... Nice to see you've made it... These guys are chucked full of great ideas and insightful views.
Well... And then there's me of course. Heh?

Here is a team I designed for him...

Yes that is Shatterman...
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2014 at 5:46am by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #161 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 5:57am
Print Post  
Wonder Boy... After he took down Prof Polarity and what he did afterwards... With a little objection from the Crusaders...

Come on... You have to admit... That Rocks!

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #162 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Very Nice!

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #163 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 4:46am:
Thanks D27... Nice to see you've made it... These guys are chucked full of great ideas and insightful views.
Well... And then there's me of course. Heh?

Here is a team I designed for him...

Yes that is Shatterman...

So who are these guys?

YIM  
IP Logged

Detective27
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #164 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Shatter man , Tempest has the wings. Impact has the batons. Overload is electric guy. Metal storm has the cape and an M I can't recall the other two players characters.

IP Logged

Phrennzy
Avenger

I'm very pretty!

Reply #165 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 2:28am
Print Post  
So flippin cool.  The six armed creature - I'm totally going to stat that up.  Screams mad scientist experiment gone wrong! 

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #166 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Detective27 wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 1:32am:
Shatter man , Tempest has the wings. Impact has the batons. Overload is electric guy. Metal storm has the cape and an M I can't recall the other two players characters.

I know Shatterman's stats, any other info on the rest of the team?

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #167 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Guy behind the fence is I believe Lightspeed, the other had something to do with gravity...

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #168 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 1:26pm:
Guy behind the fence is I believe Lightspeed, the other had something to do with gravity...

You have a color version of this? If so, I'd love to see it. Also, anything else on the horizon?

YIM  
IP Logged

Detective27
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #169 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Tempest used weather control primarily. And would use melee weapons from high up to gather speed to help with damage . Alter ego was an architect and designed the team base. (Subleasing part to a walk in clinic)
Impact used batons charged with Kinetic  energy (basically carrier attacks)
Metal storm used magnetic powers on his metal pieces on his costume.
Light speed was a young speedster
Overload was obviously lightning control , and had a high E.
I don't have their stats in front of me, as that team is about 20+ yrs old now

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #170 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
My villainess...

...and the fully realized...

I absolutely love Love LOVE her fully aware form.
I rarely pat myself on the back but she is totally boss looking!
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2014 at 7:18pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #171 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Nope, no color version. Sorry.

Oh I have lots of stuff...

Here is my one of the higher levels of an ultimate version of the Crusaders, with a altered Laserfire who was the character Outrun temporarily

Chara top roll: Starlight, Thunderstar, Sister Indigo and Sunburst
Chara center: Blizzard, Triforce, Wonder Boy, Enforcer, Wraith and Manta Man
Chara bottom: Dreamweaver, Titan, Evergreen and Outrun (Laserfire).

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #172 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Two more...

Beekeeper...

Magnet Man rare tribute pic ala Magneto :X-Men113 splash page Byrne/Austin

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #173 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 6:42pm:
Nope, no color version. Sorry.

Oh I have lots of stuff...

Here is my one of the higher levels of an ultimate version of the Crusaders, with a altered Laserfire who was the character Outrun temporarily

Chara top roll: Starlight, Thunderstar, Sister Indigo and Sunburst
Chara center: Blizzard, Triforce, Wonder Boy, Enforcer, Wraith and Manta Man
Chara bottom: Dreamweaver, Titan, Evergreen and Outrun (Laserfire).

Car to give us a rundown on the new characters?

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #174 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Look back above Dsumner... I had double posted the Cru pic, so I put a couple others in it's place.

Starlight - she is the the Starfire looking chara from page 25 & the back cover of the v&v rulebook in a new costume and the girlfriend of the hero next to her...

Thunderstar - when a strange blue stone fell to earth... It was found by Alex Thunder... Pursued by strange beings from beyond our galaxy, Alex transformed into a cosmic powered being he called the Thunderstar! One of the guardians of the Universe...

Sunburst - a fire mutant who could explode with a devastating flaming force... (He was also Detective27's character)

Triforce - the first version of a chara that appears further back in these pages. He was a powerful being who could fly, had super strength/toughness and laser optic beams... And he could divided into three separate forms with each having one of the powers above... He was of course my inspiration for the triplets combining hero... Who became one being.

Wraith - biker drawn to the screams of a terrified family, the man who would become Wraith came upon a horrific scene of a smokey smoldering semi skeleton creature wrapped in chains holding a screaming father, he charged trying to help the man and for unexplained reasons the two merged. Becoming the soul torturing, chain wielding, smoldering cloud riding demon hybrid called Wraith... He and Sister Indigo had SERIOUS issues...

Titan - the young college football player accidentially transformed by OD after his transmutation powers mingled with a strange chemical in a tanker truck transforming him into a super strong white granite formed creature, who escaped and sought out the Crusaders for help... Crisis at Crusader Citadel... When Mocker used his sonic scream on him, the granite form shattered revealling his white dust covered human form underneath (temporarily disguising him, with the aid of Thunderstar and Wraith, along with the remaining Crusaders polished off the Crushers.

The three joined and all the others later joined the first three...

Titan and Dreamweaver became a couple, later Wraith would date Justice (Justice-Avenger), Starlight worked for the government, joining the Crusaders as a government liaison and eventually became Thunderstar's girlfriend, Wonder Boy is explained briefly in his solo pic above... Laserfire lost his powers to a villainess who had overloaded herself with powers and the first she stole transfered into Larry. His powers eventually returned.

The end... lol
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2014 at 8:40pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Detective27
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #175 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 2:49am
Print Post  
Because superheros wear capes

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #176 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 9:53am
Print Post  
G7, have you given any consideration to possibly doing up some of the other “official” V&V characters, say the guys on the cover of the Revised V&V Boxed edition (“Bug Man” and “Super Star”)? If you’re wondering where I got those names from, both characters appear as part of Steve Jackson Games Cardboard Heroes series. Jeff Dee did a whole set of V&V characters for them, including Flying Cobra. I took the liberty of renaming them Vespid and Star Burst.

Or the villains from the V&V comic, Hauntress and Manstar?

Then there are the characters that appear in V&V 2.1 like Blue Jay, Cheetah (who also appears in full color on the old V&V Minatures packs, along with two unnamed heroes/I renamed he Cougar), Psimon, Alabaster, and the Indestructibles (Blaster, Skylark, Red Hildegard, Space Racer, Armor Man Jr./Armor Man, and Gunsmith).

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #177 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Once I am caught up... I might do some... But I also have a batch I want to do.
Including my reimagined Devil's Domain, Island of Dr Apocalypse and From the deeps of Space, along with In Defense of Earth! (Sequel to Battle above the Earth).

Here is some unfinished designs of Capellans, from Deeps of Space.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #178 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Don't know how long it's been since these guys appeared together...

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #179 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
G7, what are charging for commissions these days?

YIM  
IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #180 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 4:06am
Print Post  
I love your take on the Capellans. Yours look more menacing to me

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #181 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Commissions

First off what is it your looking to have me do?

Size matters and details are part of size (such as background- deserts are easy/cities are difficult, fight scenes between two chara are easy/vs armies are hard and of course color takes time as well).

What will it be  used for?

What rights do I retain/attain regarding my portion of the product created? IE the image can be used by both you and me? Exclusive rights to product created runs WAY higher.

My Demands regarding my art/designs/creations is that my name is always attached/associated to it. (I get to keep the original artwork as well.)
I will never be Bill Finger(ed) the creator of Batman, not artist Bob Kane who is a liar, look it up, all honest comic historians know the truth (which is something Stan Lee never did to any of the people he worked with... or rather they did to him, as artist Kane did to creator/writer Finger).

Other than that we can discuss the parameters above. Probably in PM. As this sort of business should exclusively remain private.

Cya

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #182 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 11:10am
Print Post  
G7, PM inbound. Let me know if you have additional questions/concerns/comments.

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #183 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Some recent Devil's Domain designs/reworks
Top to bottom
Gravitron
The Devil
Government heroes (I call the Guard) Meganaut, Telecomm and Imperial

« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2014 at 4:51pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #184 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Okay... Here is the villain team I called Blackguard. In reality they are Jones/Dee's Amazing Floop Brothers.

From top to bottom: what I call them (real name)
Madame Missile (Rocket Ma'am)
Psi Demon (same) mine gained artificial wings
Fieldfire (Captain Floop)
Blaster (Blastin' Butch)
Lodestone (same) mine had magnetics from the stone.
Winter Warrior (Whippet) he was eventually inflicted with lycanthropy. He was the most altered of the bunch.

Blackguard is the product of a villain in my campaign called Psinister.
I think I've talked about him before.

« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2014 at 5:09pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #185 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Psinister: telepathic/psionic genius villain. Little known.
Provided lots of inventions for others.

He helped create and formed the devices for Blackguard (Floop Bros), VILE (under several guises), he created the telepathic device for Crimequeen (Auntie Phil) of BAD, he had infiltrated MEDUSA and had been responsible for freeing Stigmata, amongst so many other dealings.
His biggest rival was Motivator.
The two villains despised one another and the primary reason Motivator wasn't as big of a threat to the world was because Psinister was constantly thwarting her schemes.
Motivator's powerful telepathy had difficulty working on Psinister which angered her greatly, she could never find him to extract revenge.

Unknowingly, it was a comment made by Lodestone of Blackguard during a bank robbery that qued her in to his possible location.
Knowing he'd spot her if she got within a mile of her, she used her advanced technology to monitor the Shady Hills Golf course that Black Guard his at.
When the Crusaders discovered this location via a tip (unknowingly from Motivator herself), they moved in to attack, beat them as Psinister escaped. Fled to a hidden airfield and made flight plans to a hidden base in south Asia.
Tracking him with flying probes, she set in motion a plan to destroy the aircraft.
She was partially successful, when her long range missiles downed the craft but failed to destroy it.
It crashed in the dense jungles of Borneo.
She laughingly projected a holographic image and taunted the injured villain. Warning him to never cross her again, as she had injected nano trackers in him and would see him coming. She would kill him the next time he crossed her.
She left and Psinister tried to crawl from the wreckage, the pain was intense, so intense he didn't sense the approach of evil from behind him... An evil that would become... Headhunter.

« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2014 at 5:54pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #186 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Your take on the various established V&V characters are always fun to read. I'd really love to see what you with the group of heroes on the back cover of Devil's Domain. I always thought they were some pretty cool character designs, and would liked to have seen them at least get some names.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2014 at 8:21pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #187 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Honestly, D. I never did anything with any of them... Though somewhere I redrew the back cover image and inserted the Crusaders in the places of the unknowns.

If I remember it went enforcer, Grimsby, Dreamweaver, Manta Man, Laserfire, Evergreen then Blizzard.

I only tended to use illustrated chara by Dee... No one else.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #188 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Dec 6th, 2014 at 9:10pm:
I only tended to use illustrated chara by Dee... No one else.

Any particular reason? And have you done anything with the characters from Into the Sub-Realm?

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #189 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
I didn't discover sub realm until like 2002... Three years after I quit GMing... But I would have.

Heck I only just discovered FGU was making mods again.
Are they avalible in printed form?

Including my Wildstar design... Looked cool to see someone else's art on a design of mine, he did it justice too!

The bowman chara was sweet!

I'm fairly certain I'm gonna take one of my game ideas and drop a proposal there way.
I don't have to find an artist either! Heh!

I have been interested in possible playing again, so we shall see what it is that I can do to further interest.

After all, V&V is still the best super RPG ever, why others took precedence over it always threw me.

The freebies are fun and I wish I had known about them, would have loved to had lent my skills to them instead of them having to use photos. What a bummer.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #190 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Dec 6th, 2014 at 10:10pm:
Heck I only just discovered FGU was making mods again.
Are they avalible in printed form?

Yep. Swing over to the FGU website, and look for the "Giants". Each one reprints two or three adventures and/or supplements.

Including my Wildstar design... Looked cool to see someone else's art on a design of mine, he did it justice too!

The bowman chara was sweet!

I'll let Joe know you liked his work.

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #191 - Dec 7th, 2014 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
First Foes! Every villain from the V&V rulebook 2000

Not everyone here had completed images, to which I took liberties and it is possible one of them isn't really a villain. But it would be more fun if they were...

Oh... I wasn't doing anything and just haphazardly threw this together for giggles.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #192 - Dec 7th, 2014 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
The guy at the forefront is "Bug Man". He appears on the cover of the boxed set, as as part of Steve Jackson Games Cardboard Heroes set. I renamed him Vespid. I'm got a set of stats that I worked up for him as well.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2014 at 3:48pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #193 - Dec 7th, 2014 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Here's a pick you may, or may not, have seen. It's Cheetah (who I renamed Cougar), with two unidentified characters. I asked Jeff about them, and he hasn't named them yet.

A colored version of them appears on the packaging for the Living Legends miniatures, seen here.

And here's another unnamed character from the old V&V miniatures packages from Lance and Laser.

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #194 - Dec 7th, 2014 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
I have a tiger hero who has a similar face print as the Cougar pic... Ummm did you notice that the guy heroes have prominent nipples and the cougar girl doesn't... LOL

Those are okay chara... So too for the guy with the multiple triangles on his suit... Just not super inspiring.

The bug or the deadly Stinger as I called him was REALLY difficult to figure out that adomaman pattern, which I had to take liberties with,  overall the characters as a whole are some fine designs by Dee... Though the ones I expanded upon don't look shabby either.

It was fun drawing them, some were the first time I had drawn them.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #195 - Dec 7th, 2014 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Have you taken a crack at any of the characters from the 2.1 rulebook? Bluejay, Alabaster, Cannon, Psimon, etc.?

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #196 - Dec 7th, 2014 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
I don't have any of the new stuff... It's on my list.

Especially the new mods and making binder held copies of the freebie stuff.

But first, I need to get my hands on two missing mods. Battle above the Earth and Iridium Con... Can't find mine.

Plus I'm gonna get a new box set, Force, Devil's Domain, from the Deeps of Space, opponents unlimited and possibly another Dawn of DNA.

Then I'm gonna get my hands on Enemies of Justice and Break in at three Kilometer Island. Probably these two first and maybe the article on swords, sorcery and superheroes from dungeoneer magazine 13.

The newer stuff will be easier to get.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #197 - Dec 7th, 2014 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Shoot me a PM, as I may be able to help you out with what you want.

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #198 - Dec 8th, 2014 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Motivator captures Mountain Man, brainwashes him and transforms him into Monolith, when she discovers ploy to attack her stateside Frost Corporation for her secret technology by CRIME, the massive mountain man attacks the CRIME staging area in a  much used vital warehouse base of CRIME.
She plants info that it was another villain organization called VILE that was after CRIME's weapon's and other tech.
This started a war between both organizations and the coupé de grace was she perked Intercrime's interest in the conflict... More to the story... But that is what the image pencil's are from.

The right side is Mystico and the zombie Reggie. Both were foes of Wraith.

IP Logged

Phrennzy
Avenger

I'm very pretty!

Reply #199 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 11:31am
Print Post  
The first foes pic is absolutely great.  It's well done and has kind of a Legions of Doom appeal.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #200 - Dec 11th, 2014 at 7:49am
Print Post  
Prelim Crusaders layout for a larger drawing... Think I'm gonna change Enforcer's position, just not dynamic enough and Evergreen is looking a little too relaxed... Might have to change that.

But it overall is nice.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #201 - Dec 11th, 2014 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Some foes...

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #202 - Dec 11th, 2014 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
More!!!

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #203 - Dec 11th, 2014 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Oh what the hell... Here's some more...

Two chara I skinned (Drew the skin for)/made for the Freedom Force video game, based on my designs for v&v... Also the two heroes killed in the unaltered entry for Headhunter.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #204 - Dec 12th, 2014 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Any info on the various foes?

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #205 - Dec 12th, 2014 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Here they are... The first four.

Woodland - IMPRISONED: C.O.R.E. Special Containment in Nevada - Professor Ruben Stacks a friend of Dr. Larry Defalco (Red Lizard) trips across a way by mistake to replicate mutations in people, while he was trying to figure out a solution to the mutations for those permanently transformed by Reptile Man. One of his assistants owes a man (Louie Mancini) money and tells, hoping that maybe the man can use it in lieu of the money owed. When the man sends a henchman Robbie Poole to steal both the chemicals and the files for the information, He is interrupted by Professor Stacks, A fight breaks out and Poole is accidental doused with the mutational formula as he falls into some shrubbery. The solution, plant and man mix to form the horrific creature which calls itself Woodland. It takes the Argonauts to bring it down. Worse still Captain Solar has to remain away from it as it seems to absorb solar energy from him and grow even larger. It was discovered that deprived of actual sunlight made him revert to a bark-skinned humanoid, with grass or leaves where his hair once was. - He has been confined the scientific wing of the ‘Box’ since that time, Only breaking free twice due to escape attempts by or from other Super villains

mutANTS - (See giANTS) - CONTAINED: C.O.R.E. - Poisoned by a strange genetic altering chemical bite from the giANTS, These former U.S. Soldiers are transformed into the mutANTS who rampage across the C.O.R.E. complex in northern Ohio. The Argonauts finally captured them and they were placed in a cold chamber which forced them into a hibernating sleep where they have remained for decades. Periodic testing to free them of their condition has proven frustratingly unsuccessful

Bonus: giANTS
giANTS are destroyed by the Military, with the help of the Argonauts. Jan 1964 - Mutant Ants - These massive mutated Ants showed up in the desert of Nevada, they were consuming all the energy sources on the base - The Argonauts were forced to destroy them in order to stop them. If any remain, known have shown up in nearly fifty years. The unusual radioactive element within their poison, mutates several soldiers and one army nurse who were later transformed into the mutANTS

Hydra is man who combined his DNA with thatthat of the mythical hydra, he regenerated so fast he was almost impossible to stop, hydra was able to break into 5 different forms. But could started out looking like all of them combined.

Lightning Bug was new... I have his notes somewhere... I'll have to find them.

More later.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #206 - Dec 15th, 2014 at 12:02am
Print Post  
As always these are great, G7.  Do you use counters in your game?

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #207 - Dec 15th, 2014 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Nope... Just maps and x marks... Lots of erasers!

IP Logged

Phrennzy
Avenger

I'm very pretty!

Reply #208 - Dec 15th, 2014 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Devil fly looks great - love the smooth lines. 
The Silver Bullets made me lol.  There's something phallic about their uniforms. 

Good stuff

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #209 - Dec 15th, 2014 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Bullets are phallic! lol
It is also suppose to have that VERY hokey 60s/70s feel or look.

Yeah, I love Devilfly's lanky form.
He did turn out nice.

My ORIGINAL use of Woodland was as one of seven brothers of Evergreen.
I'll have to find her father Foliage if I still have that drawing around.

Cardtrick was originally intended for use in V&V... But then they came out with Blackjack...

Lightningbug was supposed to be SUPER fast and his wings were composed of electrical energy... He could also get above a hero and strike downward like lightning... In a lightning storm he could draw a flash of lightning and direct it downward for a devastating effect.

Typhoon is actually based on a pottery painting of the ravenger being. He actually is the destructive monster of myth.

Elements of War were originally intended for a v&v game I never got to play.
Alchemy (Ben Jamoka) was to create them to destroy the Crusaders for Devilspawn.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #210 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Ebony Angel

Lady Liberty

Human Tornado

The last two are a couple of my WW2 heroes from a comic I always intended to do.

Cya

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #211 - Dec 23rd, 2014 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Thunderstar on his orbital platform.

World Labs

Onguard's Base

Paladin

IP Logged

Phrennzy
Avenger

I'm very pretty!

Reply #212 - Dec 23rd, 2014 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Human Tornado is awesome and deserves inking.  Great work.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #213 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Human Tornado is a WWII chara of mine, his partner is Kid Lightning. Definite nod to the original Torch and Toro. Kid Lightning discovers what happened to Justice Boy and for his trouble loses his mind and control of his powers, seemingly dying in an explosion of his own doing.
Human Tornado retreats to Tibet and become a monk hiding, refusing to use his powers for decades after the loss of his sidekick.

My american hero type is Army Man who was created by Odin to battle an otherworldly evil that has escaped to earth, he eventually becomes Smasher and is banished to the realms of the Norse gods.
But his wife gives him two children before that.  One would become Defender the other would become the megalomaniac Adam. Defender would die fighting his brother. But his son would grow up to be the hero called Champion.
Adam also had a child who would become Atomic Man

The more red white and blue type is Lady Liberty wielding her powerful torch of liberty and her son Justice Boy who uses the book of justice to battle evil
- Justice Boy is lost on Devil's island and is never seen again.
In her grief... Lady Liberty uses her power and accidentally creates a daughter named Truth.
Lady Liberty discovers what really happened to her son and confronts the person responsible, only to become imprisoned ethereally in the actually statue of liberty.
Truth would have a daughter of her own called Harmony.

Another red white and blue heroine is Native American girl called Victory Cry who died by the hands of a super Nazi and becomes the ghostly Banshee after she discovers something she wasn't suppose to.
Her young nephew would gain similar powers as his aunt and call himself Warcry

My ocean going chara is simply Seaking and has a son called Lamprey, Seaking mysteriously disappears causing his son to search the oceans trying to find him. When he does,  his father apparently has no memory of who or what he is.

For magic I have Magus Eldritch, who has a seriously dark secret and who's daughter would end up becoming Witchery.

Detroit Steel is an invulnerable chara and has a daughter called Black Diamond. She would eventually have two children the size altering Big Sister and Shield
Both would have kids of their own.
She would have two boys one who would become Cannon and the other would be Pulsar.
He would have a daughter called Warfield.

Minute Man is the first super hero and the fastest man on the planet who ended up having a son who calls himself Mercury, who was killed when Adam returned to life. Though his son would become Speed Demon.

All of that was primarily a WWII comic I had always wanted to do.

But those were the primary chara...

« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2014 at 4:45pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #214 - May 10th, 2015 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
been a while since I posted on the forum, can anyone direct me to an artist who does customs? I have a new character and am looking for someone to help draw him

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #215 - May 13th, 2015 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Holler at me, and I can point you to several.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #216 - May 2nd, 2021 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Bumping this up as it's a fun read.