Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Tool Shed (Read 10345 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

The Tool Shed
Oct 3rd, 2009 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
   CHESS has developed many new and interesting weapons.   Many of these weapons are powered by a powerful chemical battery reversed engineeredfrom captured alien technology  by Dr Faustaus before he went rouge.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: The Tool Shed
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 3:35pm
Print Post  

The Lighting Gun, or the Shocker

As Lighting Powers: +3 as its a rifle, 2d8 with 11 shots per battery. It can only be fired once every three seconds.
  This gun fires a  powerful bolt of DC electrictiy at its target.  Any target not grounded takes half damage.  It is accruate to a range of 200'.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2009 at 3:38pm by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 3:38pm
Print Post  

The Needle Gun or Prick Pistol is a small gun that fires a sliver of ice at its target.   It is air powered and the user must wear a small back pack with a pneumatic tube that attaches to the pistol.    Any liquid can be used as a weapon.   This gun is silent and accurate up to 100'.   
The gun is +3 hit 1d2 damage pluse what ever the liquid is.  Acid, or poisons or paralytics can be used. The gun can be fired once per ten seconds.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 3:40pm
Print Post  

Laser Pistol.  This gun fires a light laser.  It holds 12 charges per battery and it can be fired once a second.  It is accurate up to 300'.
  +3 hit as light, 2d8 damage.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 3:43pm
Print Post  

Synapses Scramber or Snapper for short.  This gun fires a very high frequency radio wave that scrambles the target's neurons causing tempery paralysis.    It holds 7 charges per battery.
  +3 hit, as paraylsis ray.  This is only accurate to 50'.
This powerful gun can only be  fired once every 15 seconds.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2009 at 3:46pm by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #5 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 3:45pm
Print Post  

The Maser.  This gun fires a powerful blast of sound. It hits like a jackhammer.  Each battery can fire this gun 10 times.   
+3 as sonics 1d12 damage.   And it is accurate to 50 feet.  100 underwater.  It can be fired once every 3 seconds.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #6 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 3:55pm
Print Post  

The Rocket Rifle is a powerful weapon for the very strong.   The recoil causes the user to save vs S each time its used or the shot goes astray.   The Rocket Rifle holds a magazine of 5 rockets.    It has +4 to hit, 1d20 in a 30 radius.  It can be fired once per second. It takes one action per rocket to reload.
   Once can use   tripod to negate the recoil, but then this limits is manoveuraliblity.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #7 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Silicon Jell, or Silly Jell.

It is not known who developed this jell, but once it was taken from the Jelly Man*, it was quicky studied and deployed.
    This jell hardends on impact and forms very flexible armour.      CHESS made Trench coat style Jelly Jackets to use as bullet proof jackets.   
Trench coat: ADR: 50 weight 25lbs. (-5 on A for initiative and saves)

Or the short jacket: ADR 25 weight 13 1/2 lbs. (-3 on A for saves and inititative)

Or the vest:  ADR 15 (-2 on A for saves or initiative.

The Jell can also act like a computer chip, but this is in development.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #8 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
All of the above weapons and the silly Jell were invented by the Octopus.  Its his specialty, developing weapons.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #9 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
On Prince Drakkar Island, the Quidnunk, aka, Dr Harold Van Irye has invented a  few cool things.

Cold Fusion Power:  Immensily expensive, yet safe, this reactor powers the entire island with vast surpluses.  He is working on making it cheaper for mass production.

The Transdimensional Window:  This device opens  random windows across the multiverse.   So far Quidnunk is using it for research.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #10 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Confiscated from the Kodo Cult, CHESS has obtained the Singularity Canon.  This devistation weapon takes a full day to charge from the Cold Fusion Reactor.  During this, the entire island is on emergy backup.
  This weapon has an effective range of infinity, and it fires a molecular sized black hole at a target.  It uses Satellites to guide it. 
As Gravity Control or Power Blast, which ever is better.   +10 to hit 10d20 damage.   On a critical hit, an earthquake is created knocking everything down unless a save vs A if mobile or against its structure rating.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #11 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Oct 3rd, 2009 at 3:43pm:

Synapses Scramber or Snapper for short.  This gun fires a very high frequency radio wave that scrambles the target's neurons causing tempery paralysis.    It holds 7 charges per battery.
  +3 hit, as paraylsis ray.  This is only accurate to 50'.
This powerful gun can only be  fired once every 15 seconds.

I think "The Scrapper" should get a Snapper

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #12 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Oct 3rd, 2009 at 4:00pm:
Silicon Jell, or Silly Jell.

It is not known who developed this jell, but once it was taken from the Jelly Man*, it was quicky studied and deployed.
    This jell hardends on impact and forms very flexible armour.      CHESS made Trench coat style Jelly Jackets to use as bullet proof jackets.   
Trench coat: ADR: 50 weight 25lbs. (-5 on A for initiative and saves)

Or the short jacket: ADR 25 weight 13 1/2 lbs. (-3 on A for saves and inititative)

Or the vest:  ADR 15 (-2 on A for saves or initiative.

The Jell can also act like a computer chip, but this is in development.

The Jell overcoat has definite advantages. The collar came up high enough on my non powered character Black Jack that it was able to save him from a deadly Garrott attack.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #13 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Oct 3rd, 2009 at 6:06pm:
Confiscated from the Kodo Cult, CHESS has obtained the Singularity Canon.  This devistation weapon takes a full day to charge from the Cold Fusion Reactor.  During this, the entire island is on emergy backup.
  This weapon has an effective range of infinity, and it fires a molecular sized black hole at a target.  It uses Satellites to guide it. 
As Gravity Control or Power Blast, which ever is better.   +10 to hit 10d20 damage.   On a critical hit, an earthquake is created knocking everything down unless a save vs A if mobile or against its structure rating.

It was a Dis Honorable weapon anyway.

Yoshi

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Repulsar Ray
Reply #14 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
  The Repulsar Ray is a super high powerd electro magnetic gun that fires an intense beam of magnetic waves at its target.   For each charge in the Chemical Pack that powers it, the gun can fire a beam of 1000lbs of magnetic force.   

The target is then picked up and sent away from the gun in the same line as the ray.  They take damage upon impact based on the speed they were traveling as per the magnetic powers in the V&V rules.

This gun can be fired once every five seconds.

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #15 - Oct 10th, 2009 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Wow, great weapons and artwork.  I bet CHESS is tough in your world!

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #16 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
CHESS's newest weapon is Liquid Armor.  This spray will coat a human sized suit of clothes with a secret polymer compound that will give the clothes 5 points of invulerablity.  If the five points are overcome in one turn, then the protection drops to 4.   This depletes each time the protection is overcome until the suit polymer is done.

Breathing the spray is deadly, if inhaled, treat as death touch.   It takes a bout three minutes to dry so  treat your clothes a while before you go into battle.

Liquid Armor for one suit can be contained in a sprayer roughly the size of a pepper spray can.     Each canister costs about 40,000 dollars to make.

IP Logged

Jeff
Sidekick

grrrr

Reply #17 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
In regards to the recoil, a strength save doesn't really make sense considering body weight is taken into account when determining how strong someone is.

Maybe a better method would be to avoid the recoil causing the shot to go astray, they would roll their HTH dmg dice and have to hit a particular target number to absorb the recoil.

You could also incorporate the user's basic hits  as anadded bonus to the roll, considering large users will be able to absorb some of the recoil just from their mass alone.

John wrote on Oct 3rd, 2009 at 3:55pm:

The Rocket Rifle is a powerful weapon for the very strong.   The recoil causes the user to save vs S each time its used or the shot goes astray.   The Rocket Rifle holds a magazine of 5 rockets.    It has +4 to hit, 1d20 in a 30 radius.  It can be fired once per second. It takes one action per rocket to reload.
   Once can use   tripod to negate the recoil, but then this limits is manoveuraliblity.

« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2010 at 1:58pm by Jeff »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #18 - Feb 1st, 2010 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Yeah, these are some cool weapons!  I might have to use a few of these for our C.H.E.S.S. forces (and the like).

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #19 - Feb 2nd, 2010 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 1:57pm:
In regards to the recoil, a strength save doesn't really make sense considering body weight is taken into account when determining how strong someone is.

Maybe a better method would be to avoid the recoil causing the shot to go astray, they would roll their HTH dmg dice and have to hit a particular target number to absorb the recoil.

You could also incorporate the user's basic hitsas anadded bonus to the roll, considering large users will be able to absorb some of the recoil just from their mass alone.

Here's a link to an optional rule on my site that might apply in a case like this: http://powersandpossibilities.blogspot.com/2010/02/save-vs-carrying-capacity.htm...
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2010 at 3:01pm by polarboy »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #20 - Feb 2nd, 2010 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Or you could use something similar to the "knock back" option from Super Crooks and Criminals.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #21 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Feb 2nd, 2010 at 8:03pm:
Or you could use something similar to the "knock back" option from Super Crooks and Criminals. 

I've/we've used those knock-back rules since it came out (in the 80's) and we love them!

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #22 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
CHESS has developed some new super alloys.

The first is Dimanthium.  It is a glass like super material.  It is used for windscreens in space fairing vessals as well as for windows in super prisions.
Dimanthium can only be created in zero gravity.   SR=24

Ditanium is a Titanium Adamantium alloy.  It requires super heating to melt the titanium and adamantium and then super freezing to get the crystals to form.  SR=40

Tritanium requires a fusion source to super heat the compounds.  SR=50

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #23 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Can I get about 5 lbs of that Tritanium stuff in the shape of a two and a half foot diameter frisbee to go please Wink

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #24 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 1:50am
Print Post  
I think Glare needs some Ditanium to make his suit out of. Being around Dark Warrior and Modi gives him good reason to want to use it for his suit. And maybe build in the Singularity cannon for when they both finally go completely nuts  Tongue

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #25 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Cool weapons!

How do you role play "fires once every 3 seconds"?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #26 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
It can only be used once every three phases.   No multiple attacks.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #27 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
The H.A.W.K suit

The High Altitude Wing Kite is a suit with membrane wings.   The suit takes 4 turns to put on and two turns to remove.   When worn, a person can glide downwards in a controlled manner.   It has no power so it can only be used to fall and land safely.    Bishops are being trained to jump from airplanes, deploy the suit, and then land, silently, quickly and safe, miles from their drop area. 
  To be used properly, a person needs specilised training.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #28 - Oct 7th, 2011 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
The Jet Gun

This long barrel gun fires a small turbine powered missal that actually acclerates for along period of time due to its small solid fuel powered micro engine. 
   The gun does more damage the farther away the target is, and as such is the perfect sniper rifle.   The missal explodes on contact for maximum kill power.

Jet Gun: $800, 000 each with $20k for each bullet. 

+10 to hit  damage is based on how fast the rocket is traveling when it hits.   So look at the distance it traveled, multiply it by ten and then use the velocity chart to see how many dice to roll.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #29 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
The Octopus has revealed a new CHESS meta suit.

It is of course, made from protomatter and will withstand super powers, as well as heal itself from tears.  It will also provide protection from all mundane enviornments from artic to arid.  With add ons, it will provide protection in space and under the sea, but those are not standard in the suit.

Those who are metas or bishop level can get individual suits made up, all others are standard.

Each suit costs nearly  $400,000!

In game terms they all provide the person wearing the suit to ignore normal enviornmental damage, and provide the wear with the ablity to roll with twice their normal amount.   

They also have a computer lattice that will alert CHESS if the wearer's vital signs change, and provide GPS location and communications.

Update: Added software to the computer latice underweb will foil mundane X Ray scanners as well as Thermal imaging device and of course metal detectors.  A person photo graphed wearing a programed suit will come out blurry.    The suit has a 24 hour charge for its computer system.
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2012 at 9:46pm by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #30 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
CHESS Id Card

The Octopus, working on a design started by the departed Quidnunc,  has produced CHESS Id cards.

They are credit card sized plastic cards, with a magnetic computer chip, and a scannable IPC code along with Holographic Photos.    The Card also has microchips that allow it to act as a communication, with the photo portion acting as a small view screen.   Each card can be swiped, which will activate a computer code/virus that has been seeded into all electonic devices over the years.  This code/virus will allow the card swiper to over ride that device as per their clearence.   Scanning the code will do the same.   If there is no swipe or scanner, pressing the card up against the electronic device in question should also activate the code/virus.   
    The public at large is not at liberty to know about the particulars of this ID Card, nor the virus/code that is embedded in almost all microchips currently being used.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #31 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 11:37pm:
The Octopus has revealed a new CHESS meta suit.

It is of course, made from protomatter and will withstand super powers, as well as heal itself from tears.  It will also provide protection from all mundane enviornments from artic to arid.  With add ons, it will provide protection in space and under the sea, but those are not standard in the suit.

Those who are metas or bishop level can get individual suits made up, all others are standard.

Each suit costs nearly  $400,000!

In game terms they all provide the person wearing the suit to ignore normal enviornmental damage, and provide the wear with the ablity to roll with twice their normal amount.   

They also have a computer lattice that will alert CHESS if the wearer's vital signs change, and provide GPS location and communications.

Very cool idea.  Shouldn't you just give it the Adaptation defense, at least against human environments? (I don't remember if you guys use the combat table or not).

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #32 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
I think that is too powerful for what it is.  I don't want to give the players free powers.  The suit, to me, acts much like the costumes found in comics.  Like how they can walk about in their costumes in snow storms without shivering, or be on the beach totally covered without dying of heat stroke.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #33 - Dec 16th, 2011 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Makes sense.  Good call.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Phase Analyzer/Compensator
Reply #34 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Figured this fit better here than my journal. John will pipe in to help with the mechanics stuff.

Based on the Spectral Analyzer created by the Quidnunck, the Phase Analyzer allows the operator to scan anything in a 20' radius, and detect what dimensional frequency it is on.

The Phase Compensator incorporates ideas from Quidnunck's Ectoplasmic Cannon, allow an energy weapon to calibrate itself to another dimensional frequency (which requires the Analyzer), and allow it to now attack the being in it's own dimensional space.

Glare created these devices after encounters with a few non-corporeal beings, so he can recalibrate his light attacks to affect them. Both devices are now part of the Glare armored suit, giving him one more option for use in combat.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

>