Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) General Discussion (Read 107643 times)
MegaSilver
Sidekick

Re: General Discussion
Reply #350 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 11:25pm:
MegaSilver, quick question. You have any idea of what type of character you'd like to run?

I'm not entirely sure yet. I was going to do the random generation of the character and go from there, for the most part. Though he will be unfamiliar with City, that's for sure. :lol:

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #351 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 11:10pm:
Hey gents, I've been taking care of some family issues that have arisen, and just got back into town after being gone for a week. Once I get that straight, get back into the swing of things at work, and get caught up on some paying gaming material, I'll get in contact with each of you, beginning with Ranger and then T-bolt. Until then, feel free to continue to talk amongst yourselves. 

Sounds good to me. Smiley

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #352 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 1:28am
Print Post  
Okay my search fu is weak tonight. Where is there a list of the missing Guardians. I have the proposed character sheet ready but need a new codename. I was thinking maybe an homage to a missing Guardian would be appropriate.

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #353 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 6:35am
Print Post  
THE GUARDIANS
The Empire City Guardians are considered one of the world's, if not its, primer super-team. They've been in existence for over three decades, and list many of the world's greatest heroes as current or former team members.

Many young heroes aspire to one day see their name listed on the team rolls. During the course of its existence the team's handled everything from would be world conquerors, to rampaging monsters, and alien invasions, and garnered the world's gratitude in the process.

The 80's, 90's, and early 2000's saw various incarnations of the Guardians come and go, with the team settling into its current incarnation in early 2007. It's current full time roster consists of:

Arcana - Magic welding, English heroine, the team's resident mystic, and granddaughter of the mystical villain Lord Arcane.

Bright Star - A light welding Native American female, from Canada. A former fashion model, she's known for her hot temper, liberal views, and for frequently butting heads with Iron Eagle. She's the teen heroine, Day Star's older sister.

Eden - An Asian female (Chinese to be specific) with various nature based powers (animal/plant control, cosmic awareness/danger sense).

Hardpoint - A Native American hero, who's body is almost completely indestructible.

Ranger -A bow welding, street level hero, from Seattle.

Iron Eagle - Quinton Avery, the hero know as Iron Eagle, is An African American male with an suit of avian themed armor (Think a cross between Hank Pym, Iron Man, and Hawkman). He's secretly the President and CEO of Avery Aerospace, one of the largest defense contractors in the US, and one of the money man who secretly funds the group.

Micronaut - 6" tall, armored adventurer, and former Air Force officer. His battle armor is equipped with a small, no pun intended, with a small arsenal of alien weaponry.

Mindlock - A human/alien hybrid she's the team's mentalist, a powerful psionic w/various mental abilities.

White Lightning - An African American female super-speedster, who generates an electrical field when she runs at super speed.

Reserve Members & Allies
Marcus Carver - Dr. Marcus Leon Carver, PhD. is a brilliant research scientist, physicist, lecturer, and author, who just happens to be one of the world's most powerful meta humans. Long time associate of the Guardians, he's frequently been called in to assist them.

Iron Heart - A nearly invulnerable British hero, teen heart throb, and bodyguard to the Royal Family. While his official duties prevent him form spending much time with the group, he's on call for emergencies.

Viking - The ancient Norse hero, armed with his enchanted battle axe, Stormbreaker, and a magical horn capable of shattering stone. He was one of two reserve members, with the Guardians when they journeyed into space.

Former/Retired Members
The Patriot - America's long retired, star spangled defender of freedom.

Titan - Alien orphan, who'd made Earth, and Empire city, his new home. Last heard from, over a decade ago, as he struggled to beat back an invasion by the insectoid Hive.

Dynamo - Capable of generating a powerful field of bio-electric energy, Dynamo's life force is rumored to be trapped somewhere within the Citadel.

Starburst - A high flying, energy welding heroine, and champion of women's rights, who retired as her powers started to wain.

... my kung fu... is STRONG! Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2015 at 6:40am by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #354 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Hmmm.. but then... there is this as well?!?

THE GUARDIANS

The Guardians are considered one of the world's, if not its, primer super-team. They've been in existence for over four decades, and its rosters list many of the world's greatest heroes as current or former team members. Many young heroes aspire to one day see their name listed on the team's rolls.

During the course of its existence the team has handled everything from would be world conquerors, to rampaging monsters, to alien invasions, and garnered the world's gratitude in the process.

The 80's, 90's, and early 2000's saw various incarnations of the Guardians come and go, with the team settling into its current incarnation in early 2009. It's current full time roster consists of:

Bright Star - A light welding Native American female. A former fashion model, she's known for her hot temper, liberal views, and for frequently butting heads with Iron Eagle. She's the teen heroine, Day Star's older sister.

Eden - An Asian female (Chinese to be specific) with various nature based powers (animal/plant control, cosmic awareness/danger sense).

Iron Eagle - Quinton Avery, the hero known to the world as Iron Eagle, is An African American male with an suit of avian themed hi-tech armor (Think of him as a cross between Hank Pym, Iron Man, and Hawkman). He's secret ID he's the President and CEO of Avery Aerospace Engineering, one of the largest defense contractors in the US, and one of the money men who secretly funds the Guardians.

Ivanhoe - A former olympic athlete, and expert bowman, who welds an enchanted bow, and arrows capapble of hitting anything he can see, no matter what range the target is.

Minerva - A genetically engineered female warrior-woman from an alternate Earth, currently engaged in a war with the Vreen, a war-like race of xenopobic aliens.

The Raven - The criminal underworl's worst nightmare. Highly trained in a number of martial arts, and using a small arsenal of gadgets, he wages a war to rid the streets of crime and get justice for the common man. He's had a number of teen side-kicks/partners, over the years, several of whom, have gone on to solo careers of their own.

Reserve Members & Allies

Archer Gold - The retired hero, and long time ally of the Guardians. Using his influence and government contacts, he was instramental in the establishment of BSI and the Guardians gaining official government sanction.

Light Foot - A Native American super-speedster, and long-time reserve member of the Guardians.

Micro-Man - A size changing part-time hero, and full time adventurer. Former full-time, member of the Guardians. Now on reserve status.

The Citadel of Justice

In the early 80's the Guardians established a permanent HQ complex, the Citadel of Justice, or as it's more commonly referred to, The Citadel, on a small artificially created island, known as Citadel Isle, in Empire Bay. Since that time, they've continued to to make a number of improvements to the facility, including an aircraft hanger, runway, and if rumors are to be believed, a cold fusion reactor, and an A.I. computer system that keeps everything running smoothly. Some reports have stated that even the DOD is jealous of the island's defense systems. 

The Hammerhead

The Hammerhead is the team's submersible craft used for underwater transport. It's still docked at a pier on Citidel Isle.

The Thunderhawk

The Team's hypersonic transport aircraft. Designed and built by Avery Aerospace, the aircraft is stored in a hanger on Citadel Isle. It hasn't been seen since the team disappeared.

... I'm not really sure which is the 'official' roster as they are both listings Dsummer has provided.
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2015 at 7:32am by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #355 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 7:37am
Print Post  
That is exactly what I was looking for. No clue why I couldn't find it. Exhaustion maybe lol Smiley

Thanks for the 411 or is that a thing anymore Wink seriously thanks.
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2015 at 7:37am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #356 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 7:40am
Print Post  
Smiley {Shrug..} No problem.. Virgos 'Live' for keeping details..

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #357 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Ok.  As far as I can tell.. this is the collated and updated Empire City Sourcebook.  Warning there is incomplete data.. and som e of it clearly contradicts itself... namely the Dominator's and Tyranny's team rosters.  As for the conflicts with the Guardian's membership.. I just combined the roster {shrug}... let Dsummer sort it out when he has the mind to.

So.. Enjoy! Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2015 at 9:14am by Thunderbolt »  

Empire_City_Sourcebook_-_03_TB.pdf ( 1261 KB | 25 Downloads )

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #358 - May 21st, 2015 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
So Dsummer... did our characters advance any from the "Alien Encounter in Jonesville"?

Experience points, Charisma awards for heroic actions... can we make any invention rolls?  Did we defeat the aliens, find out what they were even doing here..capture any alien tech to examine?

Come on.. throw us a bone... something!  Grin

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

MegaSilver
Sidekick

Reply #359 - May 27th, 2015 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
I've seen other people posting stuff here; is that the actual character they are using? Or something different? I guess I'm still waiting for my turn to step up. I dunno.

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #360 - May 27th, 2015 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
I depowered my character during the time the campaign was on hiatus. Wrote a bunch of FanFiction with him and Hawk's character and now that Dom is starting to gear up again we are rebooting him with some more pre-campaign fiction. Avatar was an founding player in the campaign and has decided to go totally with a new character. Other players are looking to continue and tweak there original characters from the campaign.

I'd suggest putting a character together and present it for submission to Dom. Anything needs tweaked he will let you know. If you need any help I or other players like Majestic will be more than happy to assist of you feel the need. Best of luck Smiley

IP Logged

MegaSilver
Sidekick

Reply #361 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Wow, how did I miss this post. I'll start working on it in the next couple of days.

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #362 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 4:03am
Print Post  
MegaSilver wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 9:37pm:
Wow, how did I miss this post. I'll start working on it in the next couple of days.

Once you do, shoot me a PM with the character sheet attached to it. I'm working up the other guys sheets now, and will get to yours as well.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

MegaSilver
Sidekick

Reply #363 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 4:03am:

Once you do, shoot me a PM with the character sheet attached to it. I'm working up the other guys sheets now, and will get to yours as well.

PM sent. Rolled 4d6, drop 1 for each stat, then did random 1d100s for the powers, then modified them some to reflect a more cohesive superhero. Also turned out to be a variation of the main superhero from the third multiverse I created a few years ago, so we'll see how it goes.

EDIT: Ooooh, or he could be an alternate uni/multiverse of the main superhero from my first multiverse. (Username is the Mega form of him; Silverman.)
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2015 at 4:23pm by MegaSilver »  

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #364 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Dom I know real life comes first was just wondering how the characters are coming along

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

kinseth
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #365 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 2:13pm
Print Post  

Anymore Room? I'd like to join.  Probably just randomly generate a character & see what powers I get.

IP Logged

MegaSilver
Sidekick

Reply #366 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
kinseth wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 2:13pm:

Anymore Room? I'd like to join.  Probably just randomly generate a character & see what powers I get.

Hey Kinseth! I knew I could talk one of you into it. :p

If you look elsewhere on this site, you'll notice he has some houserules in place to change some of the powers.

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #367 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Yeah, we're ALL kinda waiting for Dsummer to post, comment or tell us ...well anything about the progress on the game.  Seems to have stalled... I guess he must have gotten busy with work or somesuch.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:44am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #368 - Jun 28th, 2015 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
I'm just getting on myself... life throwing curveballs.  I didn't realize it had been a couple of weeks since I've checked in.

Still here, hope everyone is having a great summer!

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #369 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Hammer, good to hear from you. Smiley

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #370 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 12:19am
Print Post  
I have a couple of questions for the group.

1. Which writer, and/or artist would you want doing the comic book about your character?

2. With the popularity of superheroes on t.v. and in movies, who would you envision playing your character, or any of the n.p.c' s in the Empire City campaign.

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #371 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Hammer having a great summer, my favorite time of year and I have a new grandchild,that's 3!, Evolette born June 18th. 

and Hawk my writer artist combo has to be Mark Waid and Alex Ross  (I know some folks think the to real look is not good for a series) and as for casting I'll have to think on it some more

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #372 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 11:44am
Print Post  
I Nice questions ... especially given my character's background and soon to be re-empowerment.

1) Micheal Turner is gone ... so Brett Booth is my favorite modern artist for four-color characters.

2) Chris Evans ... nuff' said Wink
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2015 at 11:47am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #373 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Ranger wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 11:44am:
I Nice questions ... especially given my character's background and soon to be re-empowerment.

1) Micheal Turner is gone ... so Brett Booth is my favorite modern artist for four-color characters.

2) Chris Evans ... nuff' said Wink

Not being constrained to current artists and writers, would you choose someone else to chronicle your character?

Who would you cast for some of the n.p.c.'s in his movie?

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #374 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:27am:
Hammer having a great summer, my favorite time of year and I have a new grandchild,that's 3!, Evolette born June 18th. 

and Hawk my writer artist combo has to be Mark Waid and Alex Ross  (I know some folks think the to real look is not good for a series) and as for casting I'll have to think on it some more

I don't have a cast idea yet either.

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #375 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Can I choose Piper Fawn as the girlfriend  Wink

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #376 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:14am:
Dom I know real life comes first was just wondering how the characters are coming along

I'm running a little behind (well, a lot behind actually), as they hit me with a bunch of additional duties at work, and I got contracted to do a bunch of gaming material (you'll start seeing it pop up over the next few months). I've got everyone's stuff sitting in a file and, I will get to it. Sorry for the delay.  Sad

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #377 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Ranger wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 2:09pm:
Can I choose Piper Fawn as the girlfriend  Wink

For you or the movie? Wink

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #378 - Jul 19th, 2015 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
He is actually younger than Skyhawk, but I guess I would go with BooBoo Stewart for Skyhawk, Danielle Campbell as Karen, and Scott Glenn/Armie Hammer as Uncle Jack/unknown man.
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2017 at 1:47pm by Hawk »  

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #379 - Jul 21st, 2015 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
okay I guess i missed something for the reboot what is CORE? system? I would still like to play the size change character so what do i need to look for ?

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #380 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 1:24am
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Jul 21st, 2015 at 4:27pm:
okay I guess i missed something for the reboot what is CORE? system? I would still like to play the size change character so what do i need to look for ?

From the Empire City Sourcebook - {p. 14}

C.O.R.E. {The Center for Observation, Research, and Exploration}

C.O.R.E. is an offshoot of NASA, primarily funded by the US Department of Defense, that is primarily concerned with the search for extraterrestrial and extra-dimensional life, as well as developing technologies that would allow us to make contact with them.

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #381 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 8:26am
Print Post  
Not trying to be 'pushy' Dsummer.. but are you Ever going to give us a reply post to Rampage?  YOU started it after all? Smiley

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #382 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
I see your post in Rampage, Avatar... I will reply to it.. I'm just giving the other players a chance to post something.

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #383 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Sorry for the delay folks.. been SUPER-Busy.. my post is ready.. just don't have time to polish it for posting just yet... so expect it sometime tonight or early tomorrow!

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #384 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Sorry for the delays.. but I'm having trouble figuring out how much movement it takes to manipulate magnetically controlled objects that you've already locked onto.  TB's currently manipulating a lot of stuff.. I want to be reasonable; so I'm doing a little research in the rules on how much one could reasonably do at once.

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 
Topic Tools

>