Normal Topic Security Clearence (Read 936 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Security Clearence
Oct 12th, 2009 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
  In my insane efforts to be be conisistant,  I try to make it so that a "1" is the best thing to roll for anything.    
   So in order to keep up with this, I changed the way security clearence is done.

You start with a -30 and you add Intellegence and Charisma and level to get your score.   Now when clearence comes into play, you want to roll against your clearence on a d20.  The lower you roll the better.  So just like the main attributes, the higher your clearence score, the better.

Does this make sense?
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2009 at 11:41pm by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Re: Security Clearence
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
It makes sense to me, but I've never really used Security Clearance much.  Can you give me some examples of how you've used it?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Ok,

In my campaign, most Supers work for CHESS.  They are assigned a security clearence.  When they need to request information, help,  specific tech, or anything out of the ordinary,  I assign a modifier in my head and have them role against their clearence to get it.
   If its somethine rather mundane, then the modifier is really easy,  or if they want the Plasma Rifle of Doom, then its a huge penalty.

So if their clearence is 7, and the want to access some file, and I mentally decide that its not "top secret" then I can give them a +5 modifer.  Then then need to roll a 12 or lower on a d20 to have access to that file.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
OK, I've had my PC's run into CHESS a coule of times, they were usually doing cleanup after the battle, but did help the team out a few times, once providing a boat to track a missing scientist... you can read about that in the thread for the Next Generation...

Anyway, the team has been pretty unwilling to join/work for CHESS for some reason... I'm not sure why.  I never intentionally gave them any indication that it would cause problems for them, and thought it might be an easy way to introduce adventures, as assignments... I may have to revisit this.  Thanks for the idea.

IP Logged

>