Normal Topic Revised Initial Basic Characteristics (Read 523 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Revised Initial Basic Characteristics
Oct 14th, 2009 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
In our game, we've come up with an alternate way (that's now official, for us) to come up with basic starting stats.  This one is one of the few rules that I didn't come up with; in fact I was actually kind of against it, for the most part (but majority ruled); I've become more convinced over time, as bad luck can still give some lower numbers.  What this rule does is lessen the chance of a 'stillborn' character that has to be scrapped simply because you crapped out their Agility roll.

We've been using this for a few years now, and I have to see it works well, producing solid heroic characters without them being too overpowered.

2.4 BASIC CHARACTERISTICS (P. 3)

Instead of assigning scores, Player Character generate their Basic Characteristics by rolling dice and assigning the value attained to their Strength, Endurance, Agility, Intelligence, and Charisma. The player should decide which Basic Characteristic of the five he would like to be the highest, then roll 3d6 and add 6 to achieve that score. For each of the other four Basic Characteristics in order, roll 2d6 and add 6 to get the respective value.

IP Logged

>