Normal Topic A Doom Called Wally. (Read 1939 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

A Doom Called Wally.
Oct 24th, 2009 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Newly activated Loren Sylver was asked to accompany the Spartan to the MedUSA facility in Science City, Arizona.   Someone looking like, and possessing the powers of  John Marcini, aka the Peacekeeper flew in and dropped off an unconscious body.   He then took off.   CHESS Angel Jenny Zen showed the hospital surveillance video and confirmed that it was Peacekeeper.   This is odd news, since Peacekeeper was reported dead last year in a battle about Mt Everest with the metahuman Thor.   Neither body was recovered but Magnum, the only survivor of that battle, retrieved Mjoliner.
       In the hospital room   checking  out the unconscious body,  Sylver and Spartan notice an odd smell.  They see two green outfitted men materializing out of gray space.  The two men fire silly looking ray guns at the unconscious body.    The Spartan and Loren Sylver jump in front of the patient and each get hit with some odd ring shaped translucent energy.   The attackers are dressed in green fedoras, green trench coats,  green shirts, green ties green gloves…..  The have no facial features and have telescopic eye coverings, with  you guessed it, green lenses. 
      The unconscious body wakes up and flies through the wall.   Note that he actually goes through the wall.  He vibrates through it leaving his clothes on the inside.   Floating, naked, out side the revived patient waits, confused.
     Spartan and Sylver try their best to fight off the  Men in Green when the Men in Green start firing at the naked floating man.   Deciding that the  Men in Green are the immediate danger, the floating naked man attacks.  His vibratory blasts seem to be effective in fighting them so he keeps it up.  Sylver slams one of the Men in Green  and the other MIG presses some buttons on his and his partner’s coat.  Space seems to fold into itself and the two attackers are gone.
     The naked man introduces himself as Wally Spec, the Dark Warrior.
   Sylver and the Spartan have never heard of him.    Wally explains who he is, and how important he is too a confused audience.   
       Taking Wally to the Black Mesa, Wally is interviewed by Jenny Zen and Agent Harry Craft.   Wally freaks out when he realizes it is 1998, and not 1984 as it should be.  He is also confused when he sees that Manhattan is not as he remembers it.   Thinking that he was somehow sent into the future, he tries to build a time machine to take him back.   During this time, he sees that he has no real understanding of advanced chronal physics, something that used to be child’s play.   Something has affected not only the world, but his mind.

The Spartan uses his cosmic awareness, or as he calls it, “consults the Ephors” and finds out that this man is indeed Wally Spec, and that the Men in Green are from “Nowhere.”  He also finds out that Wally is also the "bringer of Doom."  Sound the ominous music.

Nexus finds out that there is no record of anyone ever called Wally Spec.   And that this man has no records.  Telepathy confirms his memories.  Or at least confirms that he believes his memories.     Not knowing what to do,   the Spartan again consults the Ephors.   This time they tell him that the Men in Green work for Division Zero.  And Division Zero is an organization that monitors the Multiverse and keeps the integrity of the Planes.  The Men in Green are the Men from N.O.W.H.E.R.E!  They are Cyphermen.  They are Zero Agents.  They are the most feared beings in all the planes.
    Why do they want Wally Spec dead?

Agreeing to a telepathic probe,  Nexus unlocks a memory of a man with a metal mask holding the earth in his hand and crushing it.   When Wally experiences this memory, he flies out to space in a burst of rage and sadness.  He finally understands,  his universe was destroyed by a being called the Adversary.  Wally Spec is the lone survivor of a destroyed Plane of Existence.  He floated in nothingness for 14 years.  He still doesn’t know how he came to be found at the hospital,  how the Peacekeeper found him, or how he is even alive.

Meanwhile, Omar Rangel, a CHESS tech was seduced by the Purple Rhombus.  He was overcome by it, and then tried to break into the Vault to free the “master”.  The Spartan arrived to block him.  Duking it out, neither getting an upper hand,  Loren Sylver came smashing into the scene like a meteor.   Wally Spec, in a rage,  flew full speed into the Omar’s force field, sending him reeling.   The Spartan then trapped Omar in a bronze net.   Omar, struggling to free himself, realized the only thing he could do was toss the Rhombus at the Spartan.   The Spartan was then overcome by the will of the Rhombus.   How will Wally and Loren deal with the fury and power of the Purple Spartan?      
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2009 at 2:05am by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: A doom called Wally.
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2009 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
   Oh, well. Looks like we'll have to beat down The Purple Spartans energy shield and then if necessarry The Purple Spartan. Gotta be careful though, we don't want to really hurt him and that kid Sylver packs one hell of a whallop.

If I could only remember how to do things I'd whip up some kind of Synaptic Scrambling device but I guess we'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

D.W.

IP Logged

STORMDANCE
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Re: A doom called Wally.
Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2009 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Turner's Telepathy may be key in snapping the Spartan out of the Rhombus' control. Maybe if we distract Spartan hard enough Turner can reach his mind and give him a fighting chance to break free. Spartan may then be able to perform a power stunt with his cosmic awareness and some karma and inventing points to break the hold of the Rhombus long enough for us to contain it.

Otherwise I don't see how we can get through that Force Field and stop him from breaking into the Vault.

Lauren Sylver is flattered by the Dark Warrior's compliment. But she's thinking she needs a snappy codename too, like he and Spartan. Hmmm.. maybe if she can ever get Spartan to delve into her past with Cosmic Awareness she might come up with something...

If they survive that is...

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: A Doom Called Wally.
Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2009 at 10:27am
Print Post  
   What difference does it make? You're only delaying the inevitable. They destroyed my universe. This one is next..........I guess if it makes everyone happy we can save the Spartan for now. None of you can understand what's coming, none of you.

D.W.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 1:09am
Print Post  
  The Spartan was struggling internally with the mad intellegence of the Purple Rhombus.   This was the in Nexus needed to get into the artifact's psyche.    Scion and Dark Warrior managed to blast the Spartan before he could turn on the Rhombus' forcefield.  The force of the blow sent the Spartan reeling.   The Dark Warrior and Scion thought they saw flickering, sneering faces in the purple metal of the Rhombus.   While discussing what to do,  The Dark Warrior felt vibrations from within the vault.   Sensing some one was now inside it,  DW used his phasing ablity to pass through the titanium walls.    Nexus told DW to come back as the being inside the vault was too powerful for him to handle on his own.   Just as he emerged, the being inside smashed open the door.    The Wargod had returned!

The Spartan, recovered from Scion's ionic punch ran towards the Wargod with his bronze spear.   Scion also flew at the Wargod at top speed.   The four heros attack with full fury; Scion using the vault door as a hammer,  the Spartan attacking with summoned spears, Nexus with mind blasts, and Dark Warrior with a rock.  I have to be honest,  it was a large rock.
   Feeling that they were not penatrating his armor, the heroes decided to force him to drop his spear.   The Dark Warrior and Scion synchronised their attacks and caused him to release his grip on the black iron weapon.
    The Spartan picked up the evil weapon and peirced the Wargod with it.  Unbeknownst to them, any wound caused  by this evil blade continues to bleed until the victum is dead.  This started a countdown for the Wargod.    The last thrust of the spear by Spartan caused the spear to break against  the Wargod's unholy armor.  The explosion knocked everyone back but barely did any real harm.
    At this point Captain Atlas came crashing down, knocking Wargod to his knees.   Wargod responded with a kick to the groin, sending Atlas back.    He then grabbed Atlas' arm, and tried to break it over his knee.   Atlas grabbed Wargod by his cloak and flew off.

The two battled in the sky, while Scion, Spartan and Dark Warrior, wounded and exhausted, took the Purple Rhombus, encased it in metal, and buried it in a cement filled barrel.
    Twenty minutes later Captain Atlas crashed into a section of the Great Wall of China.  In his grip was the severed right arm of the Wargod.
    Taking a concord to Beijing,  Spartan asked the Ephors ( used his cosmic awarness) many questions.
     He found out many hidden things.  He found out that Scion was the offspring of the Babylonian god Nergal, and the Egyptian goddess Ma'at.  Her spirit was 18,000 years old.  She was one of the six scions, and her purpose is to protect the balance.
    Wargod hates her because he embraces chaos.   Also, Scion should seek out the Sumerian, whom ever that is.
    Spartan also found out that the Dark Warrior came to this universe by random happenstance.  That his universe was destroyed by the supervillain called the Adversary.  And that Mr Clean found his corpse floating in the cracks between reality.

When they got to the Great Wall,  Captain Atlas was groggy and wounded.    Wargod, minus one arm,  got away.    It is assumed he is still alive.    

Nexus scanned his mind during the fight and  found out that  Wargod had let himself be killed just before  the King of All Tears came to earth so that he would not be affected by the King's power.   He prepared his amulet to resserect him a year after his death.   He planed to rule the survivor's of the King of All Tears attack on Earth and forge a new age of Chaos and horror.   Unfortunatly Mr Clean defeated the King of All Tears, much to Wargod's chagrin.    
  What he is going to do next, if he survived the battle with Captain Atlas is a mystery.     At least he is minus his armor, his shield, his spear, and his left arm.

His armor started to repair itself the following day...

« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2009 at 3:23pm by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #5 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 2:04am
Print Post  
The Quidnunk  has found an interesting thing.  Wally Speck's matter has a unique frequency.   Matter is composed of molecules, and molecules are composed of atoms, atoms are composed of quarks, and so on and so on.  Ulitmatly they are made of supersubatomic things that vibrate.  Wally's vibrational frequency doesn' match the matter of this universe's frequency.   Quidnunk believes that Wally is indeed from another universe.
   And he is trying to set his Interdimensional Tesseract generator to Wally's home Universe's frequency.   He is trying to find Wally's home!

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #6 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 11:34am
Print Post  
   Well once he figures that out and can get me back to my own dimension, I should be able to take it from there. This Dimensions rules are all out of whack and my science theories are not working too well. Get me back to my Diemension and I could whip up a time machine and get myself back to a time before all this craziness happened, track down the Adversary, stop him and set everything right again. This is a nice Dimension to visit but I wouldn't want to live here.

D.W.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #7 - Jan 10th, 2010 at 11:48am
Print Post  
John wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 2:04am:
The Quidnunk  has found an interesting thing.  Wally Speck's matter has a unique frequency.   Matter is composed of molecules, and molecules are composed of atoms, atoms are composed of quarks, and so on and so on.  Ulitmatly they are made of supersubatomic things that vibrate.  Wally's vibrational frequency doesn' match the matter of this universe's frequency.   Quidnunk believes that Wally is indeed from another universe.
   And he is trying to set his Interdimensional Tesseract generator to Wally's home Universe's frequency.   He is trying to find Wally's home!

A thought just occured to me. When I change my Vibarational patterns so to speak they are no longer operating on the same "Frequency" as the ones in this Dimension. Could it be possible that I am "Phasing" myslef somehow outside of this diemesion and strattling my own or at least another one? Basically creating a Rift inside myself. Though this seems a remote possibility based off the rules of the current realm I am residing in it does require further investigation as I will take any lead that presents itself in order to return home.

Wally

IP Logged

>