Normal Topic Parodoxical Characters (Read 547 times)
eLock
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Parodoxical Characters
Oct 31st, 2009 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
UP-DOWN GIRL
Daisy Uptown has two powers. Size Change/Larger and Size Change/Smaller. She is permanently stuck at both heights, simultaneously 24-feet tall, and 3-inches tall. Torn between two sizes, feeling like a fool...

POWERS
1. Size Change/Larger: permanent. Height Factor = 4. Weight Factor = 64.
2. Size Change/Smaller: permanent. 3" Scale. Height Factor = 24. Weight Factor = .000074.

TRANSFORMATION LAD
Brad Bravery rolled 1 on 1d6, so he had just one power. In trimming the character, he dropped the weakness and chose for his one power Transformation/Power Activation, to give him more options.

Following standard rules, he rolled up an new optional weaknesses and two more powers: both powers were Transformation.

He dropped the weakness and one of the powers, and selected Transformation/Power Activation again.

So after spending one action transforming, he must spend an additional action to continue the process.

But what powers would he actually get?

Brad kept on rolling, and kept getting the same results. Again and again. How many times must he transform before actually gaining super powers? When will the absurdity end?!?

POWERS
1. Transformation/Power Activation: requires one action
A. Transformation/Power Activation: requires one action
a) Transformation/Power Activation: requires one action
i) Transformation/Power Activation: requires one action
  • Transformation/Power Activation: requires one
    action
etc.

IP Logged

eLock
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Re: Parodoxical Characters
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2009 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
MS. MASS
Level: 1

POWERS
1. Telekinesis: TK capacity (strength x 10 lbs. x level) = -20 lbs.
2. Gravity Control: per standard rules.
3. Reduced Strength: -12, lowering her strength to -2

Ms. Mass actually has a negative strength. So when she tries to make things heavier with Gravity Control (multiplying their weight times her strength), they become lighter instead. And when she tries to make things lighter (by multiplying them by her negative strength), they become heavier (because multiplying two negatives creates a positive).

Because her TK capacity is determined by Strength x 10 lbs. x Level, she has a negative TK capacity--so she can control objects only after she uses gravity control to made them lighter (with negative weight).

Ms. Mass would like to train to increase her strength, but if she does that, she'll actually get weaker. Going up to -1 strength will make her gravity powers less effective, and if she trains up to zero strength she won't be able to do much of anything!
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2009 at 12:51am by eLock »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2009 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
My brain hurts.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

eLock
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2009 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Oct 31st, 2009 at 7:55pm:
My brain hurts.

Speaking of brains. Here comes Sally Rhinestone ...

THE SOOTHE SLEUTH
Level: 1

POWER
1. Cosmic Awareness: Chance of getting an accurate "yes"/"no" reply is 30%, the standard formua is (Intelligence + Level) x 3.

She may have a 9 intelligence, but first-level Sally Rhinestone is no dummy. When her psionic powers began to manifest, she soon realized that her cosmic awareness was usually wrong instead of right. In fact, it was so consistently wrong that she could use its unreliability to her advantage.

With a 70% chance of giving her the wrong yes/no answer, Sally uses her psychic powers in reverse. If she does the opposite of what her cosmic awareness tells her, she'll usually be right.

At this point, training in intelligence and going up in level, would actually make Sally less effective--as her "yes/"no" results would inch steadily toward an inclusive 50/50 accuracy rate.

« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2009 at 12:52am by eLock »  

IP Logged

eLock
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2009 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Look out! Here comes...

CAP'N CRUSTACEAN

POWERS
1. Animal/Plant Powers: Crustacean: automatically gains Armor, with ADR = 30, Weight x 0.9. The weight factor formula = [ADR x 3]/100. (see rules, p. 10).

A. Water Breathing: PR = 1 per hour out of the water.
B. Speed Bonus: +50" swimming

Weight: 135 lbs. (originally 150 lbs.)

Sea captain Montgomery Moats weighed 150 lbs. when his crustacean powers emerged, automatically giving him 30 points of armor. The captain's newfound protective exoskeleton, however, actually makes him weigh 15 pounds less than he did before.

Using the standard formula, characters with an ADR of 30-33 weigh less than they would without armor.
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2009 at 12:49am by eLock »  

IP Logged

>