Normal Topic Combat Modifiers (Read 466 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Combat Modifiers
Nov 22nd, 2009 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Here is a partial list of things that modify the combat roll.

First off, I label things as impossible, hard, difficult, normal,  easy, very easy, broad side of a barn.

Impossible: -10
Hard: -5
Difficult: -3
Normal: 0
Easy: +3
Very Easy: +
Broad Side of a Barn: +10

When attacking or making a save, I think if any of these apply.   The names and pluses are based on the average Human.  Giving a normal human a -10 on his roll is pretty much making it impossible for them to do it.   While it does hamper a meta human, it shouldn't make it impossible, but I am keeping the designation.

Next is range.  For every 20' ( 4 mps)  I assign a -1 to hit.

Next is speed.  For every 10 movement points difference in relative speed, I assign a -1.
To be honest, I usally forget about this in the heat of battle.

Size of target.  I give a + to hit equal to the HF of size changed characters.  If your HF is  3 ( about 18 feet tall) then most people have a +3 to hit you.   Same with minuses for smaller targets.

Pitch Dark: -4 to hit.

Half Covered: -4 to hit

Target's Black: +4 to hit

Target's Flank: +2 to hit.

All hand held melee weapons give a + to hit and a - to be hit.  These are the same as given in the rules.
A guy with a sword has a +3 to hit and a -3 to be hit.  The sword's man keeps his target at a distance, and is waving a sharp object around making him more difficult to attack.  This defence bonus is lost if the attacker successfully grapples or disarms the defender.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

>