Normal Topic New Power: Webbing (Read 1697 times)
Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

New Power: Webbing
Nov 24th, 2009 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
WEBBING

Treated as a chemical power.  Roll the damage for a chemical attack, and give it a 'carrying capacity' of 100 lbs times the damage roll (as absorption of carrying  capacity). If the opponent still has open carrying capacity left, they can use movement to free themselves from the entangle. Say 1" movement = 1/10 of 'free' carrying capacity freed up. If the carrying capacity is more than the opponents, they are entangled until freed (or the web dissolves in 'x' rounds). Extra attacks cause a greater increase in the Carrying Capacity of the webbing. This also allows you to distinguish how effective another person helping the victim get untangled is. If the victim has a very low CC, they won't be too effective.

To clarify, the attack hits, roll 2d8 for effect. A total of 11 is rolled, times 100 equals 1100 pounds. If the target has a CC of less than 1100 pounds, he is entangled until freed or the webbing dissolves. If the target has a higher CC, he can work at freeing himself by expending movement.  So if he has a carrying capacity of 1400 pounds, he can free 30 pounds (1400 - 1100 = 300 / 10 = 30) of carrying capacity per inch of movement spent.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: New Power: Webbing
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
excellent!  Does it cost power?  Have a range?

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
It was actually a variant of chemical power, so attacked on that scale, using PR and range from that.

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #3 - Nov 25th, 2009 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Ouch! with a PR of 8 for a ranged attack, Spidey won't be webbing villains with any regularity...  I love the idea, but I think it would need to have the PR tweaked.  I mean again with the uber power Ice control, you're getting the same effect for movement only.

IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #4 - Nov 25th, 2009 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
I agree, the PR is kind of steep.  Especially if you compare it to other powers - esp ice powers which the webbing is sort of modeled after.  I could definitely see dropping the PR cost though.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #5 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Nov 25th, 2009 at 8:32am:
Ouch! with a PR of 8 for a ranged attack, Spidey won't be webbing villains with any regularity...  I love the idea, but I think it would need to have the PR tweaked.  I mean again with the uber power Ice control, you're getting the same effect for movement only.

Remember though - unless you're talking about the Spidey from the movies - Spider-Man's webshooters are a device, so they effectively have a PR=0 (just use charges, which of course sometimes run out!).    Grin

IP Logged

Skydiver
Teen Titan

Reply #6 - Nov 27th, 2009 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Nov 26th, 2009 at 6:23pm:
Remember though - unless you're talking about the Spidey from the movies - Spider-Man's webshooters are a device, so they effectively have a PR=0 (just use charges, which of course sometimes run out!).    Grin

PR:8 drastically reduces the amounts of charges you'll get (with random rolling). The power stats doesn't include "webslinging"

That said: I like the way the power is written except for the steep PR requirements. I always thought that Chemical powers were really steep in PR. As a GM, I usually dropped it down to 5 or so.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #7 - Nov 27th, 2009 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Skydiver wrote on Nov 27th, 2009 at 11:24am:
Majestic wrote on Nov 26th, 2009 at 6:23pm:

PR:8 drastically reduces the amounts of charges you'll get (with random rolling). The power stats doesn't include "webslinging"

That said: I like the way the power is written except for the steep PR requirements. I always thought that Chemical powers were really steep in PR. As a GM, I usually dropped it down to 5 or so.

Yes, 8 is still too high, even when factoring for charges with a device.  Even 5 might be a bit high (3 sounds better to me).

IP Logged

>