Normal Topic Sports Talk (Read 1094 times)
Rick
Apprentice

Sports Talk
Nov 25th, 2009 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
In V&V you play yourself. Yet another incentive to stay in shape.

I noticed someone named Skydiver on the forum. Anyone else workout regularly or do any extreme sports. Falling out of airplanes isn't something I get to do on a daily basis. For me its mostly hiking, running and going to the gym.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Sports Talk
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2009 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
No extreme sports for me.  I used to do some more ordinary ones (basketball, softball, volleyball, etc.) but don't have time for much anymore.

Oh, and in thousands of sessions of V&V, I've played myself (or seen others play themselves) only one single time.    Smiley

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 1:12am
Print Post  
I work out 4-5 days a week, as I have to take physical abiltity tests for both the military and the ERT (SWAT) team at work. I've been slacking the last couple of weeks though, and I'm going to have to hit the gym hard, and tighten up on my runs.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

mel
Sidekick

vigilantesomething

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 1:39am
Print Post  
Does yoga count as a sport???

dsumner wrote on Nov 26th, 2009 at 1:12am:
I work out 4-5 days a week, as I have to take physical abiltity tests for both the military and the ERT (SWAT) team at work. I've been slacking the last couple of weeks though, and I'm going to have to hit the gym hard, and tighten up on my runs.
OMG! You may be the healthiest person I've ever heard of affiliated with an RPG!

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
mel wrote on Jan 12th, 2010 at 1:39am:
Does yoga count as a sport???

dsumner wrote on Nov 26th, 2009 at 1:12am:
OMG! You may be the healthiest person I've ever heard of affiliated with an RPG!

Actually a lot of military guys play games, and both the Army and Marines place a HEAVY emphasis on physical fitness. Rolling around Iraq or Afghanistan with 60-70 pounds worth of gear on, in 100+ heat everyday will take a toll on you, and if your not fit, it will show VERY quickly. I'm in decent shape now, but nowhere near the shape I was in 10 years ago (age does that to you).

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

mel
Sidekick

vigilantesomething

Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Jan 12th, 2010 at 2:07pm:
Actually a lot of military guys play games, and both the Army and Marines place a HEAVY emphasis on physical fitness. Rolling around Iraq or Afghanistan with 60-70 pounds worth of gear on, in 100+ heat everyday will take a toll on you, and if your not fit, it will show VERY quickly. I'm in decent shape now, but nowhere near the shape I was in 10 years ago (age does that to you). 

Thanks for the info. I dated a guy in the navy a while back but don't have any close friends in the service these days.

IP Logged

Troy
Teen Titan

Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
I am trying to work out more!

IP Logged

>