Normal Topic Do you read Superman and or Batman? (Read 1425 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Do you read Superman and or Batman?
Nov 28th, 2009 at 12:34am
Print Post  
  I love both Batman and Superman.  I mean, how can you not?  If you like superheroes, odds are you love one or both of these characters.  I love the idea of this god like alien, who comes from a doomed world and is raised by some good old heartlanders and protects his adopted planet.
  I love the self made man who through training has sworn to stop people from doing to others what was done to him.   Amazing characters really.

Unfortunatly, their comics are terrible!

I collect both characters, but about ten years later.   I buy runs of their comics off ebay or such usually a years worth of comics at a time.  I am about 7 years behind on each comic.   I wait till I get a good deal, so I am usualy paying below cover price.   But man, the comics are so awful.   Especially Superman.  Talk about not knowing what to do this guy.
   Anyone read these comics currently?  Are they worth getting?   I have been getting the Batwoman Detective Comics, and they are just gorgeous.

The 90's Supergirl was a fiasco.  So was the Red Headed, Beared Luthor Clone that dated the Supergirlanglegoo.    Man,  comics sure sucked in the ninties.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Re: Do you read Superman and or Batman?
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 10:34am
Print Post  
The run of Batman and Superman - Public Enemies is the only run of Superman I have ever enjoyed.

Fortunately I stopped right when they were introducing Darkseid Supergirl.

I actually think Public Enemies is better writing than the Batman Hush storyline.

It is so rare to get anything good for such wonderful characters it makes me sad  Cry

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
I really like Batman, not so much Superman.  Supes is okay, just not a fave (despite the Superman S tattoo in the middle of my back - long story, nickname).

Not to turn this into a selling zone, but I've got some Batman and related titles from the past 2 years or so that I want to divest myself of.  I'm willing to go less than cover price.  Let me know if you are interested and I'll get a list together for you.
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2009 at 5:30pm by Imaginos »  

IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
And for the record, Batman: The Long Halloween was a great storyline (I do not have it).
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2009 at 5:30pm by Imaginos »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Imaginos wrote on Nov 30th, 2009 at 5:29pm:
I really like Batman, not so much Superman.  Supes is okay, just not a fave (despite the Superman S tattoo in the middle of my back - long story, nickname).

Not to turn this into a selling zone, but I've got some Batman and related titles from the past 2 years or so that I want to divest myself of.  I'm willing to go less than cover price.  Let me know if you are interested and I'll get a list together for you.

Sure make a list,  I am always hunting for a bargain.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Will do.  The comic boxes are in the closet behind all of the Christmas presents, so I will get the list together when I get the presents wrapped.  Should be this week.

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
I loved John Byrnes Superman, that's about the only run I stuck with, though I've read supes off and on all my life.  Love Smallville, but come on put on the cape already.

IP Logged

>