Normal Topic Tarot Masters (Read 1536 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Tarot Masters
Dec 24th, 2009 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
In our Guardians campaign, I've/we've introduced many members of the Major Arcana of the Tarot Masters over the years.  As I've mentioned here before, I've tried to use characters introduced in the various FGU modules and supplements (or past villains from our campaign) whenever possible to fill in the ones that we weren't given in Opponents Unlimited or The Pentacle Plot.  For example, for the Hermit, I used Scuz (from The Dawn of DNA).  Following are the ones we're still missing (from the 22 total).  If you can think of any (from the published sources) that might fit any of these, I would appreciate the help:

Emperor
Judgement
Wheel of Fortune
Chariot (or Charioteer)
Lovers
Temperance

« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2009 at 7:43pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Re: Tarot Masters
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Majestic, in most cases I've listed several possibilities, although I'm not sure if some of these characters already fill different spots in the pantheon.

Emperor:
1. Apollo
from Organized Crimes, especially with his charismatic impact.
2. Adonis of Dawn of DNA, who also has high charisma.
3. Stormlord, high charisma and British nobility. Especially if you use the more-powerful version of the character from the V&V comic.

Judgement: Soulburner from Pre-Emptive Strike, because of his willpower and his ability to instill phobias in others. Oberon would be good as well because of his long-range weakness detection.

Wheel of Fortune:
1. Lady Seven,
a numerology-believing magician with probability powers From the Deeps of Space.
2. Blackjack from Super-Crooks because of his unpredictable m.o. and Tarot-like costume.

Chariot:
1. Fleur de Lis
, the CRIME agent from Super-Crooks.
2. Centurion from Battle Above the Earth.

Lovers: My top choice/s would be Whiteout and Bora from Super-Crooks. They are in a relationship and transform together into a composite being.

Temperance: Sister Indigo and Mother Superior come to mind.
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2009 at 10:18pm by polarboy »  

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #2 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
I would love to see your whole list Majestic.  You are further along with this than I am.

I agree with all of Polarboy's suggestions.  I have additional suggestions.

For Chariot
3. Warwagon from Most Wanted 3:  Armored wheel chair villain.
4. Professor Polarity from Super-Crooks: Sky bike riding villain
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2009 at 11:12pm by The Cougar »  

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
These are fantastic, people!  Thanks so much.  The only one I can say that occurred to me was Whiteout and Bora (I was thinking they were married, but meant to double-check to make sure they weren't brother and sister).  I've only used them once before, and it was quite some time ago (now looking at the write-up I see that I had indicated they were married).

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
The Cougar wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 at 10:06pm:
I would love to see your whole list Majestic.  You are further along with this than I am.

I agree with all of Polarboy's suggestions.  I have additional suggestions.

For Chariot
3. Warwagon from Most Wanted 3:  Armored wheel chair villain.
4. Professor Polarity from Super-Crooks: Sky bike riding villain

You bet, here's what we have to date:

Magician: Mr. Noman, as per Opponents Unlimited
Diablo (Devil): As per The Pentacle Plot
Priestess: As per The Pentacle Plot
Moonflash (Moon): As per The Pentacle Plot
Tower: As per The Pentacle Plot
Justice-Avenger: As per Opponents Unlimited
Fool: As per Opponents Unlimited
Strength: I made this guy up a long time ago, the image/art I got from a Champions character named Grond
Empress: I made up a character for this one
Daystar (Sun): One of our other player/GMs made this character, a female who originally went by the name Flaming Star (which was the name of my wife's PC when she briefly played in the same campaign years earlier)
Hermit: I turned Scuz from The Dawn of DNA into this guy
World: I took an NPC called Powerman, a brick that another player (and infrequent GM) had made, and he changed his name and joined the group
King of Swords: I built a character and had him originally part of a different supervillain team (a bunch of Outcasts), though he was all along part of the Tarot Masters
Hanged Man: This was another one I made; I loved the look and concept of this guy; he looks like a floating zombie-type that literally floats along, hanging in the air from a rope
Death: Another character I made; we've had three characters in our campaign with this name (one of them one of the Four Horsemen from Super Crooks and Criminals and another that was this strange entity from another dimension)
Hierophant: I took a character one of our other GMs had made called Paladin and (like so many others) he joined up with this group and changed his name; it should also be noted that an NPC by this name has recently been introduced into our campaign from another published source: the main bad guy from the Living Legends module Blood Ties goes by the same nom de plume; I plan on having this guy change his name yet again to something like The Pope or Jupiter.

I should also note that, although most of these have appeared at least once, a few have never appeared for us.  Mr. Noman (the Magician) has only appeared behind the scenes (like in some descriptive text for the players); he's never even met any PCs.  Also, the Fool and Justice-Avenger have never been used to date.
« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2009 at 5:52pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #5 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Apollo has long been one of the main villains from Intercrime for us (though that organization has mostly crumbled in recent years), but he still fits.  Stormlord would also be a good fit, but we had him join the Zodiac (as Aquarius) for years, and then he became a solo master villain called Doctor Squallus (one of the main villains for another of our GMs).

I really like what you guys have suggested, and think I will probably use:

Emperor: Adonis
Judgement: Soulburner (though I hate to lose that super-cool name)    Smiley
Wheel of Fortune: Lady Seven
Chariot: Professor Polarity
Lovers: Whiteout and Bora
Temperance: Still not sure; from the Wiki entry, it sounds like White Heron might be a good fit too (angelic, winged person); right now I'm leaning towards Sister Indigo (have never used her).

Each of the others (other than Sister Indigo) are characters that have been introduced into the campaign (most many years ago) that I think would be good fits.

Thanks so much, everybody, especially polarboy!

p.s. - While this was apparently discussed before, I don't remember seeing it; I think Sabredance would be a logical fit for King of Swords, though I've already got that position filled in my group.

« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2009 at 6:03pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #6 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
I really like Cougar's recommendation of Professor Polarity! A much better choice for Chariot than my earlier suggestions.

I also like Majestic note about White Heron (who has a passing resemblance to Byrne's Snowbird of Alpha Flight). She might be a creatively ironic choice for Temperance. White Heron's weakness gives her a low-self control craving for live swamp frogs (which she keeps hidden from others).
« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2009 at 7:52pm by polarboy »  

IP Logged

>