Normal Topic Some things I wish somebody would make... (Read 441 times)
davew
Avenger

Designer

Some things I wish somebody would make...
Mar 24th, 2010 at 7:06am
Print Post  
I don't really know how anyone else feels about this but I wish that someone out there would start making small plastic toys again in a wider variety. I remember that not all that many years ago you could go into the dollar stores and get 6 or 8 (or 5 or something) packs of hard plastic robots or brightly colored space ships that were about an 1 1/2" or so tall... and all the cheapish little plastic figures I had growing up, etc.
If I had a plastic churning company that had the resources to fiddle around with stuff I would make tons of "citizens"... normal looking people, churned out like army men, and then characters in the same army man style that represented different genres... generic super hero, wrestler, fantasy person, sci-fi, etc.... all of these I would have to a roughly 30mm scale though instead of the slightly larger size.
Yeah, I know, choking hazard for kids but then the tiny 15 or 20mm are choking hazards too....

Yeah, they'd be in cheap plastic colors and probably have a lot of mold flash hanging off them, but wouldn't it be cool to be able to go out and buy innocent bystander minis cheaply in bulk?

I'd also make snap together blocks that came in bulk in dull gray colors and had connecting posts that looked more like flag stone instead of little round post caps.

"If The Truth Can Be Told, So As To Be Understood, It Will Be Believed."- Terence Mckenna
IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Re: Some things I wish somebody would make...
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 7:08am
Print Post  
...And yes, I did try buying some Homies but quickly discovered that my civilians (Homies) were considerably taller than my heroes and villains (Heroclix removed from bases and glued on to bingo chips)

"If The Truth Can Be Told, So As To Be Understood, It Will Be Believed."- Terence Mckenna
IP Logged

>