Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) From the Journals of Richard Dante (Read 7600 times)
THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

From the Journals of Richard Dante
Mar 28th, 2010 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
   I have decided that it would be best for me to begin to log the accounts of my life as it has changed considerably over the last year. I am not married not do I have any children so this is the only Legacy that I may leave at this time.

I must start for now with the most recent events while they are still fresh in my mind. Perhaps I will be able to update prior events at a later date if time permits.

I am a recently trained Spellcaster. I would not think to call myself a Mage at this point since I have only had the chance to actually cast one spell so far, but a spell nevertheless. I will begin with my most recent exploits since returning from England via The Dragons Gate.

Sister Tess and I had recently been staying in my apartment recovering from our rather harrowing trip through the Gate. Since it is nearly impossible to cast spells without certain components I decided that it may be wise to look for an actual Magic Shop. I do live in California so it was not all that difficult for me to find several New Age or as I like to term them Old Age shops. As luck would have it my car caught a flat on our trip to one of these shops. Though this does not seem very lucky we actually broke down directly in front of what was to appeared to be an actual Magic Shop. My luck is somewhat different than others.

To be continued.......

The Magic Shop known as The Toad Stool was run by a pleasant enough fellow named Maury Steinberg. I spent my time browsing and doing a little shopping for a splendid looking walking stick with a Crystal grip. A Gentlemen must look the part as well as act the part you know. I was able to make acquaintances with a gentlemen named Bud Cort who it seems had actually heard of me from a friend he could not remember. We exchanged cards and I am hoping to have gained another client. I am a Dr. just in case you had forgotten.

I made some few small purchases at the shop but had also opened an additonal line of credit at the store with a $10,000.00 check. I was hoping to gain favor with the owner for the future. I had also inquired about Tanis Root. Being a novice spellcaster I was unaware that discussing something like that was somewhat tabboo. It seems Magic Shops don't really carry magical Spell Components that do not grow on Earth.

I left sometime later after my tire was fixed and headed down the Coast Road when something caused me to stop. Sister Tess and I got out of the car and I was shocked to find myself being attacked by a snub nosed and tusked humanoid. I had never actually seen an Orc in my past. Several had come runnning out of the trees at the side of the road. They seemed to be dressed almost as if they had stolen their uniforms from some ancient Red Coats from the past.

Suffice to say I was frightened to no end as I am not used to such physical altercations. I actually had to club one over the head with a heavy branch and split his skull. Tess and I quickly got back in the car and sped away. It seems I should never have inquired about that Tanis Root.

After this gut wrenching situation we got immediately back into my convertible and headed back down the coast. I used my car phone to contact Gary to see if we could stay at his beach house. He seemed a bit off when I contacted him but of course he agreed. We also decided that it was now a good time to meet Gary's friend to see how I could be of help. His name was Maurice or at least that is what Gary was calling him at the time.

Maurice was even more confused then Gary if you can believe that. He wasn't the loud ranting type of confused, he just seemed lost. He felt as though everything was wrong and that he just did not belong. He did not say very much but you could see it in his eyes.

That evening while attempting to convince Gary to give up certain vices he had my faithful car Grimorie appeared in the living room. How he managed to get here from England where I was forced to leave him is anyones guess but strange occurrences were beginning to become more of the norm as of late. There was a note tied to Gromories collar from Sister Minerva of The Black Abbey. She was calling us back there in order to further study our new found friend Maurice. It was becoming more and more obvious that Maurice was not of this world but just where he really came from was anyones guess at this point. It was going to require spells that were beyond my understanding to determine the answer and for that we had to return once more to The Abbey. The only problem was that someone was looking for me. It seems that I should never had mentioned Tanis Root to the somewhat talkative shopkeeper.

We set off again the next morning towards Bakersfield to locate a company called "Recorporations". It seems someone there was to assist us in our return to England. Regular travel was not going to be an option at this point and we were going to have to use the Dragons Corridors again. Frightening as this was it appeared to be the least dangerous option if you can believe that.

As we entered the premises it seemed the Ownership, two aged Gentlemen, had very little interest in us except for Sister Tess. They said nothing at all and it appeared that some sort of transaction came about between one of them and Tess. What this was I have no idea but it appeared to be some form of payment for the use of The Dragons Gate. The proprieters said nothing but simply shufffled both themselves and us to a back room with a velvet curtain. The floor was covered in a half circle of Mystic symbols and a Door lay on the other side of the cutain. Tess warned me quite sternly I must say. I was to move as quickly and quietly as possible and stay on the well beaten path. The Dragons Corridor was no place for Mortals in we did not wish to attract un needed attention. I was able to deduce quite easily who the denizens of the corridor might be. I am well educated as you must know.

It was Hot, Dry and Eerily Silent as we made our way through. The entire landscape seemed to be covered in either red sand or red hard packed clay. Though we never came across any other living Souls the simple weight of what may be lurking out there was almost impossible to bear. Eventually we came to a blank cliff with a door. After all that it was a little anti clamactic to see a plain door and we simply walked through it. Low and behold we had been transported to The Black Abbey.

For some time after our arrival maurice was examined by Higher Ranked Sisters of The Order. I was simply informed that I would not be needed. No need to hit me over the head with it, I had not yet learned any real skills to help in any way. After a time it was determined that our frien Maurice had been put under a Spell. His memory had been completed wiped out but low and behold it was determined who are confused friend truly was.

Oberon, King of The Fae.

I was able to join in the Circle the Ssiters created in order to cast the Spell that would return to him all his memories and hopefully all his abilities. After hours of somewhat laboriuos ( and sweaty) chanting the Spell was finally cast. Oberon who is shall now refer to was unleashed in all his Dread Glory. He shouted of Deceipt and Betrayal and that he must return Home immediately to right the wrongs set by his brother. Such a terrible thing this was to witness I had to avert my eyes so as not to be blinded.

When I opened them the Mighty Oberon stood in front of me. I could see both Righteous Rage and something else in His Visage. He spoke his thanks, at least I think he actually spoke, and promised gifts as well as an owed favor for my part in returning him to his rightful place. The next moment he was simly gone though his Power lingered for a few moments.

Not too long after I returned to L. A. . To my suprise there was a package in my apartment. Tanis Root. I planted it immediately and hoped for the best. You see tanis root does not grow in this world naturally. I gave it some water and a little bit of "Luck" as well as a porr rendition of " Golden Slumbers" I just like the song.

I retreived my messges and there were several from Gary. He seemed to be almost completely coherent and quite positive for once. He was off the Drugs and on his way to a reborn career in films. it seems I was not the only one to whom Oberon had given a Gift.

Myths Magic and Misdirection
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2016 at 10:05am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: From the Journals of Richard Dante
Reply #1 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Waiting for the continuation of this.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #2 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
  Rest assured you will see it Sir. I am currently deep in thought regarding another matter at hand and it has occupied all my waking minutes. You see I have been invited to attend The Samhain "Celebration" with The Esoteric Order of The Dragon. Apparently attendance is mandatory. Since my self preservation is also mandatory I am somewhat torn at this point. Figuratively speaking of course.

Richard Dante M.D.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #3 - May 8th, 2011 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Gentlemen it I have included a small update in my Journals from the past. You will have to excuse me if it takes time fro me to complete these older versions. I feel that my most recent discoveries will have to take precedence. My most recent trip to The Miskatonic University has led me to believe that the Horrors we have read about in Fantasy and Horror Books and Games are all to real. What could be more dangerous then those things that we don't believe in until their reality comes up and literally bites your head off.

Regards,

Richard M. Dante, M.D.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #4 - May 10th, 2011 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
  Several days ago I received a message from an old college chum of mine, Dr. Alan Roth. It seems he had come across a curious case where normal diagnostic practices were yielding no results. So in a case such as this Alan was willing to try something less than normal. He tried to say it nicely when he asked me to come to The Miskatonic University for a look at his patient but Alan and I go way back and I new he was desperate. I had to leave Sister Tess behind with my newest house guest, Robert. Robert had insinuated himself on me once he found out that I was counted as a "Friend to the Fey". Robert is a Puck you see and an extremely old one if my guess is correct. He had already caused me several issues with Gary aside from the normal ones you may expect from such a mischevious creature. Sister Tess however seemed to have his number so I felt more at ease leaving them together.

I hopped a red eye flight to the east coast as soon as possible was brought by a sedan from the airport to the University. Alan met me at the door and introduced me to his colleagues. Not many people really consider my form of medical arts to be on the up and up. Usually however I will get a few faked smiles and nods when I discuss my practice. These gentlemen seemed to consider me a step above a Witch Dr. or maybe a step below, it was hard to tell.

Once everyone was done thinking I was a quack they handed me the file for a Mr. Michael Walsh. His physical features had changed dramatically recently. The overall size of his eyes had increased over twice their normal size, his head had sloped somewhat and his temperature had reduced to several degrees below normal. Though all of that could possibly be explained away somehow if we spent time researching it there was one thing that I found impossible. He never blinked. I found that disturbing on several different levels.
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2011 at 8:49pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #5 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
  My Friends. First off please let me apologize for being such a Scatter Brain!!. I have so much going on in my life right now and I have completely neglected my Journals!! A few little things such as my Hypocaratic Oath, Wild Parties, My Work as both a Physicain and Aspiring Mage, Incarceration, Murder Trials and a few other little distractions have kept me from updating my Journals. I Humbly beg your forgiveness. I will ask my Publisher and almost full time Ghost Writer John for his assistance while I attempt to summarize my my recent experiences.

Samhain Seances and Sorcery

Several Months ago I was "Invited" by way of a Black and Crimson Invitation containing a powerful Geas to a party on the night of Samhain. Nervous as I was I had no choice but to attend. The invitaton was sent to me by The Esoteric Order of the Dragon. The party and subsequest Seance was to be held at Anton LeVays home.

Of course I arrived on time and spent the first few hours both mingling with others like me as well as being ignored by others who felt they were well above my station. I met quite a few who either were true magicians or at least claimed to be. I feel I made a freind in a gentlemen known simply as Cantrip. At first I thought we were on the same level but I now feel that I am nowhere near this mans skills. The others of note were of course Beslladona and Mandrake, Lord she (Belladona) is beautiful as well as frightening. Big Mambo, Swami Rivera, The Rhinestone Magus, and Presto The Conjurer mostly ignored me. The Amazing Gary and Rita were both quite friendly.

The waterman however was a complete shock. This small Asian man wore no shoes and constantly ate cucumbers. I have not the slightest idea why, well maybe the absence of shoes made sense to him culturally but it was nevertheless still odd. What was even stranger was when he slobbered up to me and simply stated that "Everyone feared my blood". At the time this made even less sense than anything else that had happened up to that point.

Later on in the evening several of us, mostly those named above were brought to a sub basement in the home. I must say the decor was intersting. We sat around a large table and joined hands for the Seance. Suddenly the Spirit Visage of Dr. Nadir appeared. Belladona the Beatiful then took it upon herself to offer this Spirit any one of our bodies to inhabit!! I immediately tried to break the circle of hands but found I could not let go. The frightening visage entered my body, I of course screamed. A moment later he evacuated my body indicating he could not inhabit it due to my blood. Another reference again. After some few moments he chose the body of Rita. It seems she was the only one he could possess for some reason. I do not believe he was any too happy. I really do nott think she or her husband were either.

Eventually I was released and I ran upstairs to the bathroom to clean up and summarily vomit. In retrospect in may have been wiser to do it the other way around.

A few moments after resolving my issues Belladona strode into the bathroom half naked. I honestly cannot say if at that exact moment I was more firghtened or more arroused. Actually both emotions worked quite well together, but enough of that. She offered herslf to me in exchange for Tanis Root that I had acquired from King Oberon of the Fae in during my most recent escapades with Gary and "Maurice". I gathered my will and turned her down. I could not see her or her husband puting the Magical Root to good use. She then attempted to bribe me with cash. That was tempting but I also was able to turn her down. It was then that her husband, Mandrake, appeared and began with the threats. He stated he had already unleashed a Spell that would gather Harpies and use them to attack Sister Tessa as she was residing temprarily in my apartment. In the spare bedroom mind you.

I did not know what to do!! I used then house phone to contact Sister Minerva at The Black Abbey. Sister Minerva agreed that I had no choice but to submit the Root. A few moments later I ran to the two Wizards and gave up the portion of Root I had with me. I hoped I was quick enough to avoid anything happening to Tessa. Belladona spoke a few words and I knew instantly I could not communicate anything about tonights incident to anyone. I will let you consider how it is that I am now communicating it to you in my Journals but that is another story all together.

As I exited the Mansion I was appraoched by cantrip. It appeared that he an d Belladona did not get on well at all. She stared Icicles at him and left. Cantrip and I discussed finding out what was so different about my blood and we agreed to talk about it at another time in a much better and safer place.

I arrived home and found Tessa safe if not a little nervous. It was true, the Harpies had been circling the apartment but then left as suddenly as they appeared. From the  ferocious look in her eyes I have to wonder if she would have been able to take them. I just couldn't take that chance however.

Several days later I received a call from Cantrip. From the information we had shared as well as a drop of my blood he had determined that it contained small traces of Fae Ichor. It appears I am in some way part Fae.

But that's only half the story of my Bloodlines....
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2016 at 10:55am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #6 - Mar 10th, 2012 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
November 27 1998

The time for me has finally come. I have made the choice to join The Black Abbey as it's Patriarch. I have made this choice for numerous reasons one of which being the understanding of Spellcraft. The knowledge to create my own Spells.

After arriving once again through The Dragons Gate I was taken to a room to begin my preparations. I meditate and make ready to drink of a potion that truly should not ever be concocted. I Drink and I Dream.

She stands before me in perfection. Stunning in her battle suit and grey eyes. She is Minerva and she commands me. Though I am now to be The Patriarch of The Black Abbey I am more a servant than ever. She is one of The Twelve and we are to serve them. We have always served them. I shall become The Huntsman. I shall don The Crown of Horns and be summoned when The Eye is open. I shall never don The Crown unless called. We must eradicate the greatest threat to the Universe when it appears. The Humurru State in Meta beings. I have almost no idea what she means but I begin to understand. My Blood makes me an acceptable choice. Blood of The Fae and now let it be known Blood of Modred and Arthur Pendragon.

I Understand. I wake and I scream. Of course I am embarrassed. The Patriarch of The Black Abbey and representative form Of Herne The Hunter really shouldn't do that. I am taken to a room with Black curtains. When they are drawn back I see The Eye and The Crown of Horns. To my sides are other headgear with veils as well as large headed spears. Twelve in all. Weapons and adornment for the Twelve who will join me.

I look into The Eye. I see the Earth from high overhead and on the Earth is a small black dot. My eyes zoom towards it or it zooms towards me, I could not tell. I see a man in Black and Grey walk towards a tremendous House in Brazil. He is familiar to me from several Television and news reports. I immediately  know what must be done. The taint of The Humurru State is all over him. He glows with it.

I pull back and see that my Hunting party has already been chosen. Humans, a Moevian, Something I cannot even look directly at and a Huge Demon. In the future I will choose my own group but this is an Emergency beyond all others. This threat from the being I saw must be "Addressed" right away before the annihilation of all we know comes to pass.

My task is at hand and it is simple. Hunt and Kill The Being I have seen in The Eye. Hunt and Kill the one known as Wally Spec, The Dark Warrior.

« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2012 at 8:37pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #7 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 11:54am
Print Post  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #8 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:00pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #9 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Part 3

Garys Friend
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:08pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #10 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:14pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #11 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:18pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #12 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:24pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #13 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:32pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #14 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:34pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #15 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:36pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #16 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:37pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #17 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:39pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #18 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Part 12

Advanced D&D

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #19 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Part 13

House Call

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #20 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:44pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #21 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2017 at 11:53am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #22 - Jan 14th, 2017 at 11:57am
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2017 at 11:57am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #23 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Place Holder for Space Oddity Link

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #24 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 12:40pm
Print Post  

Sometimes I can be such a Wool head!. All these years of writing my Journals and never once have I added anything of my upbringing.

I was born the only child of Roland Dante and Vivian Harte. My Father Roland was an Investment Banker and my Mother Vivian a House Wife. We were not filthy rich but we were very well off and I never wanted for anything material so long as they were alive.

I grew up in New England and led a mostly sheltered life until I was eighteen. I rarely went out and my younger years were mostly spent reading and wondering what I would become eventually as an adult.

My parents Rolly and Viv were separated in age by nearly twenty years. My Father being forty two when they wed and forty five when I came into this world. I never saw my Father very often. He was always working and when I did see him we usually discussed my Grades and my future. We were not close.

I was definitely what you would call a Mama's Boy. My Mother and Grandmother were my closest friends as I grew and they pushed my education and reported to my Father.

In 1980 I left home for Stanford University and completed the first years of my Education on my own there. Upon Graduation I left to continue my Training as a Physician at the Miskatonic University.

Two weeks before my graduation I was summoned Home. My Father was dying.

Though we never had any close Father Son relationship I was devastated. As I arrived in his room I sat down on the bed next to Him and took his hand. His eyes fluttered and He smiled up at me. I cannot recall any other smile on his face other than that dreaded day.

"Richard" he said, "You may never understand this but everything I have ever done has been for you. It was always about you."

It's OK Dad. I understand now.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #25 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 10:04am
Print Post  
  Apologies All for waxing rhapsodic.

After my Fathers Death I was going to ask My Mother something but I cannot remember what it was exactly. (*)

Any who, I spent the next few years performing my Internship in a Prestigious LA Hospital. One night, I worked the night shift of course being new, I was presented with a case of a Mr. Clay who complained of chest pains. Mr. Clay appeared stable upon examination and I signed off for him to be transferred to another Hospital as we did not take his insurance.

The following night the EMT from that shift advised me Mr. Clay had died in transport.

As soon as I completed my Internship I opened my own practice and focused on Holistic Healing. I had of course been accepted with a residency at the LA Hospital but the real money was in Holistic work and a private practice. At least that is what I told myself as I packed my things. It was many years before I realized I was lying to Myself as much as I was lying to Chief Resident.......

(*) Dick has no recollection of his Mother. All memories of her after his Fathers death are gone. Should someone or something happen that would reference her in his mind he will immediately dismiss it. Think Obfuscation Spell of the memories.

IP Logged

>