Normal Topic A deep study: Mind Control (Read 549 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

A deep study: Mind Control
Jun 25th, 2010 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
  I was never comfortable with the power of Mind Control as written.   I almost immediatly tweaked it.  Thankfully, no player has had this power so they didn't really see the inconsistancy I had with this power.

So I was thinking about this while commuting to work and I have come up with this.

Mind Control is the ability to influence another person's thinking and or mind and make them behave differently than they wish.      This makes this pretty much one of the most powerful powers.    I also feel there are different grades of this power, so I have come up with three variants of this power, each one more powerful than the last.

Mind Control A: Suggestion.  Pr=5 per use.  This power can influence a target to do something that they didn't want to do.   This lasts one action.   After  they perform the action, they can save Id100 per turn to realise that they have  acted odd.   Think of this as the "Jedi Mind Trick".
    The police come up to Mr. Mind and ask him for ID.  Mr Mind uses his power of suggestion and hits.  The policeman thinks to himself that all is ok and leaves.    Mr Mind walks away.  A few minutes later the cop realises that he never saw that strange man in the black robes identification....

Mind Control B:  Control.   Pr=10 per use.   This power causes the target's mind to be overwhelmed.  They have to do as the attacker commands.  They are struggling as they know that what they are doing is not of their own will, so all level bonus are gone, and most saves are as fatigued ( unless its something the target wants to do).   They save Wd100 per turn, or when commanded to do something they are adamantly opposed to doing.  Allies can try to talk them out of it.  When they do this, they can add their Charisma score to the target's will score for the next save.   If the attacker rolls a natural 1 when they attack, the target is totally controlled so they will not resist, nor make saves unless talked out of it.

Mind Control C: Domination. Pr=20   On a hit the target is totally controled by the attacker.  Everything feels right and natural, and any command will be obeyed without question and without subordination.  They save once per hour Wd100.

To get Mind Control B you must roll Mind Control twice,  three times to get Mind Control C. Or you can drop a different power to "up"  your dose of Mind Control.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Re: A deep study: Mind Control
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2010 at 1:52am
Print Post  
Sounds reasonable, I'd scale back the PR cost though and charge it per command.

If it's not fun, we're not doing it right.

IP Logged

>