Normal Topic Enter the Gene Pool Counters question (Read 1435 times)
dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Enter the Gene Pool Counters question
Jul 21st, 2010 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
OK, I've gotta know, who are the two unnamed counters included with Enter the Gene Pool?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Re: Enter the Gene Pool Counters question
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2010 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Both are from my stable. One is a character named Stiletto that I think just looks neat. The armored fellow is an homage.
I lost a great friend, Brian Heugel, to Muscular Dystrophy in March. He had battled for most of his life and the character he played throughout the years, through five versions (upgrades), was the armored hero known as F.E.N.R.I.S. (Fully Energized Neurobionic Reflex Integrated System), the Mark V being depicted on the counter. I did this as a silent homage to my friend.

If it's not fun, we're not doing it right.

IP Logged

Allen Shock
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2010 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
That's very cool!

Allen

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2010 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
AlabasterKnight wrote on Jul 21st, 2010 at 9:07pm:
Both are from my stable. One is a character named Stiletto that I think just looks neat. The armored fellow is an homage.
I lost a great friend, Brian Heugel, to Muscular Dystrophy in March. He had battled for most of his life and the character he played throughout the years, through five versions (upgrades), was the armored hero known as F.E.N.R.I.S. (Fully Energized Neurobionic Reflex Integrated System), the Mark V being depicted on the counter. I did this as a silent homage to my friend.

AK, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I think that it's great that you decided to honor his memory with the counter. Both of those characters sound very cool. Any chance you could share a bit about the two of them?

YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2010 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
That is really, really cool.  I've got to say - while the art was very good overall and I like a number of the markers, that one blew them all away (is the coolest by far!).   Smiley

It's great that you did an homage like this for your buddy.  I too am sorry to hear about your loss.  Hopefully in some small way his memory goes on through this adventure!

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #5 - Jul 21st, 2010 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Seriously, I think that the fact AK chose to remember his friend, with a piece of art, is awesome. I fear that when my time comes, the only thing people will say at my funeral is "That jerk still has my DVD." Wink

YIM  
IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #6 - Jul 21st, 2010 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
I'll be highlighting Stiletto in a future project. He's a mercenary who kinda is like Bullseye meets Zaran, but not as scary accurate...

FENRIS is just a long (copyright'ed) story, I'll keep short here. My friend originally played him like an Iron Man analog, but we agreed to let the character's secret ID, due to him being an older scientist tech sort of guy anyway, retire and sponsor volunteer personnel to drive the suit(s) for him. So in essence he played the roles of the inventor and the pilots who followed at the same time.... We called the pilots 'drivers' and the original driver and creator of the technology became their benefactor...
Max Austin, the creator, created a series of armors, all based on the same technology, but with different subsequent functions depending on what added system that he was testing, all working toward a final suit. It's a fun extra effect that each suit that had a different purpose was named after a mythical creature. Before my friend was done playing the inventor, Austin had created several more armors... here are just a few
FENRIS - the core tech that exploited the neural net that interfaced with the drivers nervous system and a set of basic weapons and defenses.

DRAKE (Deflective Reflex Actuated Kinetic Envelope) - added technology of increasing the power in the armor to create a field that provided directional involuntary defense.

CHIMERA (Counter Hazard Immersion Modified Environmental Response Armor) - added higher imperviousness to hazrdous environments.

ZEPHYR (Zero Execution Prototype Heightened Y-axis Response) - added extreme immediate propulsion abilities.

there were a few others and all led to

PHOENIX (Prototype Human Omni-Environmental Neurolinked Interplanetary eXploration) The ultimate suit of armor to go on the world's greatest spacewalk.

If it's not fun, we're not doing it right.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2010 at 2:00am
Print Post  
AK, thanks for sharing that with us. It sounds like you guys had a really awesome campaign. I would love to see a campaign book describing it. Say something similar to Aaron Alston's Strike Force (Hands down one of the best supers books ever produced), for V&V.

YIM  
IP Logged

>