Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Arcadia (Read 11819 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Arcadia
Aug 12th, 2010 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
   Arcadia is a world of magic and myth.   It is ruled by Oberon and Titania of the Fae.  All your fantasy creatures roam the lush forests and vast seas.   The goddess Riannon walks with her unicorns and dragons, while the evil Queen Mab plots and schemes.  Science is welcomed, along with magic.  The Wizard of Gleemwood has build a robot army, while the vampires of Unther kill and hunt under the light of Selene.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2020 at 6:46pm by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: Arcadia
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2013 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
We have to visit here soon.

IP Logged

Marshal Strong
Teen Titan

\m/ All hail the Metal!

Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
If I go, I'm bringing a wish apple.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
I figured Dick would be the first one who visited here. Looks like I was wrong.

This will be the next world???
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2013 at 12:03pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Arcadia is ruled by the Fae, don't call them faeries, they are the diminutive lesser fae.  The Fae  are tall, noble beings, averaging 7 or 8 feet tall.  They are red, green, sometimes blue or even orange.  Some have antlers, ram like horns, antenna or sometimes wings. 
   They are aloof and arrogant, and will hold grudges for ever.    They rule with unconcern for humans, dwarves, and halflings, who are a bit more than apes to them.

They tolerate the Elves, who share some natural affinity for magic.  The elves tolerate them, but still regard themselves as superior.   There is a tension between the two that has broken out in battles, if not wars over the years. 

Many human cities hate the Fae, as they demand child sacrifices periodically.  If the tithe is paid, and the Fae are undisturbed, then  humans are left to rule as they wish in their filthy cities.

Make no mistake, the power of the Fae is omnipresent.   Let no drop of blood touch the ground, as the Redcaps will grow and destroy.    Every 9 years the goblins come screaming from the forest and eat up everything not made of stone.

Trolls force travelers to pay a toll on roads, ether in gold or blood.

And all Fae and mortal, live in fear of the Chaos Dragons.  Horrid beast who mated with the Lords of Disharmony and are so perverse, their shadow cause all who are unpure to turn to horrid beasts.*

The Mavens, a society of virgin warrior women, and the Harpers, men skilled in woodlore, try to protect and warn mortals from the coming of any Chaos Dragon.

The Wizard of Gleemwood says he can slay one, with his mechanical  army.  He demands gold to build his mighty War Golemn.  Is he serious or is this a ploy?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
*The Chaos afflicted are sometimes not so obvious to spot.  True many turn outwardly to beasts and are killed for the safety of the unafflicted, but a few are inwardly cursed.  Their minds become chaotic and become raving madmen.

And few, thank the gods, become clever madmen...

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #6 - Oct 28th, 2013 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
The Arcadians take their Swordlore very seriously.  They believe that blood conveys very powerful magic.  A sword can take that magic and through the deeds of its master can become a weapon awesome to behold.

Bewarned, many who seek to become the master of such an enchanted blade have unleashed untold horrors upon the land.    The power of a murderer's weapon can only become blacker than a Necromancer's heart.   While the sword of the just, the sword of a defender, well that sword can cut even the strongest of evils.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #7 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Orcs:  Body Power: Alien Metabolism
                         a) Heightened Senses: Infravision: +2 hit, x2 Detections.
                         b) Heightened Senses: Smell
                   +2 Hit, x2 Detections.
                         c) Lowered Intelligence: -6
                         d) Lowered Will:    -6
                         e) Heightened Endurance:
                    +14
                         f) Lowered Charisma: -10
                         g) Natural Weaponry: +2 hit, +4 damage. Combo of bone strength, nails, and style.
                        h) Lowered Humanity: Max Score is 4

Orcs are bred for fighting, following, orders and not much else.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2013 at 1:08pm by John »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #8 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
So much for Grodek The Beautiful. I'll make the changes and see how it works out. Should be intersting though. I did not assign Humanity so it will be a 4 since he was not Human

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #9 - Nov 23rd, 2013 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Dwarves:

Dwarves are short, squat and tough.  They excel at anything that requires stamina.  They are excellent builders, laborers, and warriors.   Male dwarves outnumber female dwarves by about 4 to one, so polyandry is quite common.  Good look figuring out which one is the wife, as dwarven woman sport long beards too!

They are very loyal, and are prone to nearly cultish devotion to family.   If you mock a dwarf, you might just get a face full of saliva as he laughs it off, but mock his family, you made an enemy for life.

There is no room for a weak dwarf, so while it is rare, infanticide is practiced.

They are considered greedy by non-Dwarves, but this is not really true.  They are proud, and they know that they are the best at forging, building and fighting.  If you want to hire them, if you want their products, then you have to pay their prices.  They know they are the best, and demand the best payment. 

Dwarves hate Orks and Giants.   They tolerate Elves, and have an odd respect for them.  They have no time for frivolous halfings, and begrudgingly trade and work with smelly humans.  They have an almost religious reverence for gnomes, which no one has seen on Arcadia, so they might be extinct.

Dwarves really don’t like the Fae.  They call them pests and honey lickers.  They will trade with them. But they prefer to stay away from them.

Racial Abilities:
Heightened Endurance: +15
Size Change: HF ¾  WF 1
Heightened Sense: Infravision +2 hit, x2 to det.
Mutant Power: Can learn most knowledge areas about building, warfare, and such at half the inventing points as other races.  Its almost  as if their brains were designed for construction.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #10 - Nov 23rd, 2013 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Elves:

They know they are not from Arcadia, but they don’t recall exactly where home is.  They long to return, but don’t know how.   Still, Arcadia wasn’t bad, that is, until the humans came.  The Elders remember the paradise before the hairless apes. 

The Elves are standoffish, aloof and mysterious.   They consider themselves the master race and begrudgingly concede that the Fae have something to offer.  It is, after all, the Fae’s world and the Elves are just passing though.

Elves consider everyone else to be their servants.  Dwarves build the things they need, and halfings are their pets.  Humans, while once a bother, are a serious threat.   Seems Elves are pretty susceptible to their diseases.  While once they numbered in the millions, they are now down to a few thousand or so. 

Do to their long lives, they have mastered many arts.  They dislike physical work, as that is for the grubby Dwarves.  They will fight, but prefer stealthy means of war; commando raids, assassinations and the like to open war.   Nothing and I mean nothing is more beautiful than Elvish art and song.   

They are tall and lean.  With beautiful features.  It is a shame that their fear of human sickness has forced them to cover their flesh with robes and masks when out of their forests and glens.  They live in harmony with Arcadia, and you could walk among one of their villages and never know it. 

They are the one race that is excepted from the horrible Tithe.  Seems the Fae and the Elves reached an accord many centuries ago.

Racial Abilities:
Heightened Senses:  Infravision: +2 hit, x2 detections
Longevity: Seems their lifespan is increased by a factor of 100
This gives elves +1d20 bonus points for the use of knowledge areas at creation.
Heightened Agility: +10
Heightened Charisma: +10
Heightened Will: +10
Lowered Endurance: -10
Lowered Strength: -10
Mutation:  Male elves roll for weight as if they were female.
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2013 at 5:06pm by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #11 - Nov 23rd, 2013 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Halflings

Like the dwarves, the halflings came to Arcadia with the Elves.  But Arcadia being what it is, the helpless, cute pets of the Elves just couldn’t make it on their own.   They either doubled up on their obsequiousness or died.   Many well to do have their own pet Halflings.    Any decent sized town will have a brothel well stocked with these cute, fuzzy footed darlings.   Many municipalities breed Halflings like cattle to offer to the Fae for the Tithe, as the Fae don’t seem to know the difference between Halfling babies and human babies.

Lone Halfling settlements either die out rather fast, or, with the help of a charismatic leader, learn very fast what it takes to live when you are the smallest of people.   

Roaming bands of Halfling entertainers are not unheard of.  Who doesn’t love seeing miniature people falling down or slapping each other’s faces?  It’s a shame that things always seem to be missing whenever the hobbits come to town.

Racial Abilities:
Size Change:  Hf ½ Wf ½
Lowered charisma: -10
Lowered intelligence: -10
Heightened Will: + 10
Heightened Humanity: + 10

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #12 - Nov 23rd, 2013 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Loving this. Have to ask though why the -10 Charisma for the Halflings

No self esteem? No leadership?
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2013 at 1:34pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #13 - Nov 23rd, 2013 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Humans

Arcadia was blissfully free of Humans until about 10,000 years ago.   They came from somewhere.  While smelly and annoying, the Elves and Dwarves ignored them as they were dumb and small in number.   Soon, the world was full of them.   Not only was the air foul with their crude voices, but also foul with their germs.
While nothing too special as individuals, the humans seem to possess the two greatest abilities of all the Peoples of Arcadia:  Quick Breeding, and Disease carrying.

Within a few centuries of their arrival, only the Fae were unaffected by their ability to spread plagues.   In fact, if not for the Fae demanding one tenth of each Human born as their tithe, who knows how bad things would become?

Racial Abilities
Fecund:  Humans breed like, well, dirty humans.

Germ Carriers:  Humans excel at three things:  Murder, Breeding, and spreading sickness.

« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2013 at 1:50pm by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #14 - Nov 23rd, 2013 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
THE ONI wrote on Nov 23rd, 2013 at 1:33pm:
Loving this. Have to ask though why the -10 Charisma for the Halflings

No self esteem? No leadership?

Hard to be taken seriously when you always look like a child.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #15 - Nov 23rd, 2013 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
There are things that lurk in the bowels of the world.  Underground things, unspeakable, and just..wrong  They are said to be able to corrupt the just.   

It is said some worship these abominations.  They turn dark, and cruel.   Dark Elves, Dark Dwarves,  horrid inverse reflections of their ancestors.

Its a good thing, these are only rumors.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2013 at 2:03pm by John »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #16 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
OK. So I know we have not started playing this yet but what are the rumors about The Witch of The Wood???

I know Mike and I got an update

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #17 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Opps, I forgot to post Mike's character.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #18 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
I liked Mike's character when he was making him up last Friday. Totallly opposite upbringing than mine but could be they have the same type of Goals. $$$$$ So it should make for a good game.

Hopefully Thorn can get on his good side so he buys him weapons and supplies. If I remember he had a very high wealth score

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #19 - Dec 19th, 2013 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Here is a partial list of the deities of Arcadia.

There is the goddess of the Fae, and nominal goddess of all Arcadia, Rhyanion.

Selenae goddess of the moon, beautiful defender of the night sky

Tor god of protection.

Megaster lord of light and the sun and sky.

Yondalla goddess of the home, hearth and safety.

Celestion god of the stars and night sky, protector of inquirers.

Silvanus lord of the forest

Grume lord of slaughter feeder of crows, father of maggots

Lolth mother of spiders.

Orcus, stealer of souls, thief  of the dead.

Meran, the Mother Ocean goddess of the seas and mysteries.

Krydhal god of death and restful repose.

Local Tribal gods, too numerous to mention.

The forgotten gods,  not much is known about them.

And the New Gods,  an upstart tribe of gods pushing their way into  Arcadia.

And the Foreign Gods,   gods that are not native to Arcadia, but their worship is tolerated.   

« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2020 at 8:14pm by John »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #20 - Dec 19th, 2013 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Awesome. Have to come up with expressions now.

Somehting is never going to happen "When Grume Cries"

Maybe off his description I won't mention his name at all.....

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #21 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Dick is interested Rhyanion. Any other knowledge about her???

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #22 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
She is mother of the world, ever fertile, ever caring.   It is said she walks with the creatures that walk, crawl, fly and swim.

No stone will harm her, no metal will cut her, and fire will only keep her warm.  She is always smiling, and talks in a sing song voice.

Once a year she has a tea party and if you can find it, you are invited.  A few who have said that she sometimes weeps.  She mentioned something strange, something about her mommy and daddy dying in a car crash, what ever that means.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #23 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
OK. So that's pretty cool. To clarify this is actual info that Dick has from reading a book somehwere or a knowledge area or it is Arcadian knowledge or both?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #24 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Here are some thoughts on Arcadia, my fantasy world.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #25 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 10:39am
Print Post  
I arrived late the other night. I saw some character creation going on. What did I miss? Who made up what type of PC's or what were the thoughts?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #26 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Krydhal god of death and restful repose is merciful God. He is worshiped as the lord of rest and release of suffering. He comes to all as a friend. He is not seen as monster but as welcome companion who forgives your your sins and walks with you to your reward. He hates Orcus, the soul thief.

His priests officiate funerals, maintain graves, and comfort the sick and suffering. They battle. The undead, which are an affront to death's mercy. They have traveled to the far reaches of the world to burn vampire, destroy liches, and banish wraiths.

You can dedicate your life to any god in Arcadia, but your last prayer, your most earnest supplication, will be to Krydhal

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #27 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 10:47am
Print Post  
The Lords of Order: These are elusive, powerful gods with no humanoid avatar. They reveal themselves through patterns and systems.  They are above caprice and compassion, good and evil. They are invoked as arbiters of law, not justice.  They favor the group, not the individual. They instill order, cold unfeeling regulation.

The Lords of Chaos: These beings are unpredictable and favor whimsy and disrupt. They too are above good and evil and favor the individual over the group. They sometimes manifest when invoked as amorphous blobs, deformed animals, or as children. Be careful if calling to an Anarch, for they are as ever changing as the wind and are just as quick to punish as they are to reward.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #28 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 11:23am
Print Post  
More on elves

The long lived elves try to sequester themselves from the troubles of the short lived peoples. That and their susceptibility to human diseases make them very distrustful and aloof.

On their history a few schisms have arisen. The once mighty tribe of the Eldarae have split over feuds and pride.

First among them are the High Elves, or Grey Elves. They live in great Dwarven built castles. They loathe physical work and love lore, arts, and diplomacy.  They are great scholars, mages, and alchemists. They are arrogant, and stubborn.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #29 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 11:37am
Print Post  
The Wood Elves have gone native. They accepted that they will never return to their lofty home and made homes for themselves in the forests of Arcadia. They are more independent than the Grey, but also more willing to interact with non elves. They excel at commando tactics, are adept but not masters, of magic, and done mind labor.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #30 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Sea Elves are nomads that sail the oceans as pirates. They are the most chaotic and hated of elves. They worship exotic gods and learned equally exotic magics.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #31 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 11:40am
Print Post  
The Drow are evil, chaotic dark elves. They worship dark things and abhor all things bright. They are cruel and petty. They would be the most hated of elves if not for their rarity.  They live underground and mine mithryl. They have an uneasy alliance with drugar ( dark dwarves) who forge their metals for steep prices.

Drow are masters of poison and assassination.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2017 at 2:45pm by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #32 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 11:42am
Print Post  
The Moon Elves are the least known of elves. Scholars say they are Gray Elves, others say they are another tribe. The mysterious Moon Elves know the rarest of magics and float, never touching the damp earth.

They are friendly and curious and have been known to take favored humans back with them to their cystal cathedrals beyond the sky.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #33 - Feb 8th, 2020 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Bump

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #34 - Jun 9th, 2020 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
More on the gods of Arcadia.

The Mother, Queen of All, Rhiannon.   

She is love, and terror.  She is nature.  All owe our existence to her.  She is beautiful, loving, and cruel.   She is birth and  death.  The cycles of nature swirl to the beating of her heart. 

Nothing and no one in Arcadia can harm her. She speaks in songs. She rings like a bell in the night.  It is said that once a year she has a tea party, and if you can find it, you are invited.  Some say that its a joy beyond measure to attend, others say it is a tearful event when the Mother weeps for her Mommy and daddy  that died in something called a car crash.   

She always appears as a beautiful blond woman with a flowing white robe, smiling, dancing and smiling.

Her priesthood protect nature; and their portfolio of spells is: Animals, nature, weather, healing, food, curing, defending, and music.

Tor God Of Protection.   

Tor usually manifests as a tall, strong bearded man.  If he is angry he is dressed for war, in glorious plate armor and shield.  If he is pleased, he seems like a rotund, smiling robed grandfather.

He is quick to love, and first to forgive.  He is sometimes called the Crying God, as he weeps when in war.  Tor can break all bonds.  He loves all, Human, Elf and Orc.  He will always favor the underdog.   

His clerics are not warriors, but Defenders, or Paladins.  They act as arbitrators, and sometimes judges.   Tor's portfolio is  War, Combat, Defending, protection, Law, curing, and building.

Megaster    Lord of the  Sun

Megaster is the lonely god.  He has many children, the stars, but they are far away.  He is the embodiment of the Sun.  He is fire and light.  He can never come close to the world that he loves for if he did, he would destroy everything.  He accepts his solitary duty with noble sacrifice.   His loves Selanae, but she is always fleeing his advances.  Megaster is foes with Orcus, whom hides from his glory.
   The priest hood of Megaster fight against the Undead.  They never lie, and will often be leaders and politicians.
     His portfolio includes:  Light, Fire, truth, growth, nature, art, beauty, sailing, navigation, life, and responsibility.

Yondalla  Goddess of hearth, home and safety

Yondalla usually appears as everyone's grandmother.  She is associated with Tor, and their priesthoods are very friendly.  Yondalla loves everyone and weeps for the safety of the world.  He wants to help everyone and is often stopped by Rhiannon, as if Yondalla could, she would upset the balance.   

She is kind.  She is giving.  To blaspheme against her is horrid.  Even the Orcs would be hard pressed to curse her name. 

Her priesthood run shelters throughout Arcadia.  They often build houses on roads as shrines.  Travelers leave coins and clean to the priests for a safe stay.   To desecrate a Traveler's Shrine is to risk hardships on the road.

Yondalla's priesthood has the following portfolio:  Protection, healing, food, building, fire, and they may never cast an offensive spell.

Celestion, God of The Stars and the Night Sky, Lord of Inquiry

Celestion is the son of Megaster and Selenae.  He a  mysterious god.  Lord of paradox.  He is both, a lord of order, as the stars move with clockwork precision yet, seemingly at random, he throughs objects through  the night. 

He knows what lies beyond and he sometimes tells.  He leads sailors to glory and doom.  He inspires poets, and shelters monsters.  He is distant to both his parents and to even the Mother of all. 

He is always smiling, and always in the form of a beautiful, mysterious youth.   He appears as neither male nor female, and is sometimes called a goddess.    Celestion's priesthood is a mystery cult.  They do not evangelize. They build temples  high in mountains, or near the ocean.   They accept new priests after they pass a series of riddles.

Celestion's priests are sailors, poets, artists, oracles and even great wizards.  Also, many an assassin has prayed to Celstion for guidance.

Celestion grants the following portfolio of spells to his priest:  Night, Darkness, divinations, crafting, beauty, fear, hope, travel, and order.

Silvanus  God of the Forrest.

Silvanus or Silvanos,  appears as a green giant,  a bearded tree, a great stag, or sometimes as a tiny unassuming animal.   He is the brother of wood, and protector of animals.   He understands the need  to hunt and to build, but he will punish those who squander or abuse the gifts of his protection.   He is a quiet god, who speaks only when needed, but when he speaks, must be heeded.

Silvanus's priesthood consists of rangers, as well as clerics.  They all protect the woods first, and the two footed animals second.   They have a hatred of Orcs, who burn and overhunt.

The Wood Elves hold Silvanus as most high, and he rewards them with vast bounty.

Silvanus's priest hood are given the following portfolio:   Nature, Animals, Hunting, Healing, Plants, protection, building, conjuring, and water.

Grume  Lord of Slaughter, feeder of Crows,  Father of Maggots.

This vile lord appears as a one eyed giant carrying a weapon.  He is focused on cruelty, killing, and destruction.  He is worshipped by tribes of Orcs and other horrors.   Good folk try to placate him so he will not manifest. 
    He is a greedy, petty god.   He never speaks, and its not even known if he can.  He does laugh.  A horrible, throaty laugh.  The crueler he is, the harder he laughs.   
    His priest hood are not warriors, they are butcher.  They slaugher, they squander, they lay waste.  They revel in destruction for the sake of destruction.    Grume grants his priests the following portfolio:  War, fighting, fire, destruction, disease, combat, and conjuration. 

Lolth Mother of Spiders.   
         It is said that Lolth is not of Arcadia, that she came from beyond even Celestion's knowing.  She came, and burrowed deep into the bowels of Arcadia.  It is said she rose before Arcadia, and will be the only one to survive its destruction. 
      Lolth is corruption.  She bites your soul and poisons your mind.  Why? Only she knows.
     Her worshipers are twisted reflections of what ever they once were.  No one willingly worships her.
They are her slaves.

Lolth grants the following portfolio:  Darkness, Death, Divination,  Conjuring, poison, illusion, Cold,  and travel.

Orcus    Stealer of Souls, Thief of the Dead.

Like Lolth,  it is said Orcus came from beyond Celestion's domain.    He crept in and captures souls, and also like Lolth, he twists those souls and returns them to their bodies.   He is the progenitor of the undead.  Is is his vile machinations that gave rise to vampires, liches and zombies. 
     He is a parasite that feeds on the souls he steals.   He is hated among gods, and even Rhiannon abhors him.   He hides and uses stealth, like the coward god he is. 

He has no living priests.   His priest are vampires, liches, and mummies.  They are given spells pertaining to  Death, darkness, Cold, Disease, Corruption, fear, stealth, illusion, and wealth.

Meran goddess of the Sea, Water, and Mysteries.

Wife of Athos, is the Lady of The Great Seas.  She has many daughters, the daughters of rivers, and lakes. 

Meran is a demanding goddess.  She can provide bounty or floods.  She had a tumultuous relationship with her husband and when they fight, they create storms.  She is the mother of mysteries as the sea is constantly changing.

Meran is worshipped by sailors, fisherman, and all who depend on the sea.  All ships are dedicated to her, and all sea voyages start with a feast in her honor.

She has the most children of all the gods.

Her priest hood are sailors, fisherman, artists and politicians.   She grants her worshipers this portfolio:  Water, Seas, traveling, Nature, conjuration, healing, destruction, war, commerce, and divination.

Krydhal god of death and restful repose.

Krydhal god of death and restful repose is merciful God. He is worshiped as the lord of rest and release of suffering. He comes to all as a friend. He is not seen as monster but as welcome companion who forgives you of  your sins and walks with you to your reward. He hates Orcus, the soul thief.

His priests officiate funerals, maintain graves, and comfort the sick and suffering. They battle undead, which are an affront to death's mercy. They have traveled to the far reaches of the world to burn vampire, destroy liches, and banish wraiths.

You can dedicate your life to any god in Arcadia, but your last prayer, your most earnest supplication, will be to Krydhal.

His worshipers are granted the following portfolio:  Death, Healing, Protection, divination, conjuration, truth, battle, and fire. 

There are many local tribal gods; Pesh, god of wine,  Amath goddess of the understanding of nature,  Sifan god of local hill ( where wishes are sometimes granted), etc....

There is also the Univited God.
   This god is never named, for naming him invites him.  And he is never welcome.   He is placated, never worshipped.  He is the one god Rhiannon fears.   Referring to him in her presence will cause her to flee.
    He is a lord of madness and deterioration.  He breaks mind, destroys families, and leaves depression.   

There has never been a cult to the Uninvited God, but if there was they would have the following portfolio:  Madness, death, darkness, cold, combat, illusions, chaos, lies, and conjuration.

Other gods do exist,  Older  gods.   One such is Arioch.  Arioch is more than a god, he is a lord of Chaos, from far beyond Arcadia.  He hates Rhiannon and has planned her destruction for eons. He hated Rhiannon before she was even Rhiannon.  He is chaos embodied.  He is a destroyer, and as such he has an army of damned fools and Orks.   

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #35 - Jun 9th, 2020 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Selanae  Goddess of the Moon.  Giver of Hope.

Selanae is always portrayed as a silver haired Elven maiden.  She is always beautiful and youthful. She is the lone guardian of the night.  She watches from her eye all that goes on in the night.   She is tires and closes her eye from time to time.  It is on these nights that Orcus comes out to pillage the dead.
    Selanae is close with Megaster, as they say opposites attract, but their duties keep them apart.

On eclipses, the priesthoods of Megaster and Selanae will hold great feats, as the two gods are in holy communion.

Once in a great while, the  shining goddess will eclipse.  During this time her priesthood commits unspeakable horrors. It is not known why she goes through this.   

While most Moonpriests follow the tenants of light, order, hope and protection,  there is a cult of the Dark Moon, who are assassins, murders and villains of the worst categories.

Selanae grants the following portfolio:  Light, healing, protection, travel, light, darkness, weather, divination,

Her Dark Cult has the following portfolio:  Death, War, Combat, light, stealth, darkness, healing, divination, travel.

IP Logged

>