Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Guardians Issue Summaries (Read 156255 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Guardians Issue Summaries
Reply #595 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Wraith went after Riot, who had fled when her minions surrounded Raijin (above).  He floated in and through the large containers, looking for her, but failed one Detect Hidden after another.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #596 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 12:29am
Print Post  
This next picture captures an incredibly awesome moment of role-playing!  Riot isn't a super slugger offensively, and one of the few things she can do is scan opponents (with a Mind Probe), learning of their "prejudices, dislikes, and insecurities".  Well, she did this on Wraith, and his Weakness is a Psychosis: he believes he actually lives in a comic book!  She learned this (which fits into his "insecurities", with creative GM license), so when he finally spotted her (popping out from inside a container) she swiftly reacted, saying "You can't follow me until the page after next!".  Wraith stared at her, and patiently waited as she disappeared around the corner.  His next action?  He said "I can't go after her yet!"  Cool

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #597 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
While Raijin went to the roof of one of the buildings (I used a piece of paper to represent), Psilight went in after Geist (who went to the security office and sabotaged the cameras).  Soon after, Psilight was attacked inside by enraged eco-terrorists.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #598 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
After that exploitation of Wraith's weakness, Riot eluded him, and he couldn't find her (making numerous Detect Hiddens).  He finally did a Power Stunt (a homebrew rule) and made a magnetic pulse, hoping to find some metal on her.  He rolled really well, and found her hiding by the crane.

« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2016 at 3:52pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #599 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Meanwhile Psilight finally caught up with Geist, over by the pipeline, where he was planting explosives.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #600 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Some interesting stuff, and great roleplaying by your players.  Cool

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #601 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Thanks!  I need to continue with more pictures and descriptions this weekend.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #602 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 12:31am
Print Post  
This pic is a little blurry.  Psilight and Raijin rush to the back of the complex, where the villains are exiting the scene.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #603 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 12:33am
Print Post  
An overall view of the entire scene.  The fires, explosions, and trapped workers were in the top part of the picture, with the heroes confronting the villains in the lower portion.  The main gate is in the lower right, and you can see an overall map of the complex right above that.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #604 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Divine Right:

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #605 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Quick question, did you happen to make use of the alternate rules for smoke inhalation?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #606 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
I did, but the heroes weren't really affected too much by them.  One character had a full breath mask as part of his costume (Contagion), and another easily made his E saves.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #607 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Here's the first shot of the heroes engaging Divine Right in combat.  Boufuu dropped hurricane-like winds on Rejuvenator and Psilight, while the two Japanese-themed characters with powerful swords (Tetsuronin and Raijin) began to duel.  Meanwhile, Contagion (who had shrunk) circled around Yamakuzure.

« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2016 at 3:54pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #608 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Here's a view from a bit to the left, where you can see Wraith has moved some victims over to the first responders behind the fire trucks.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #609 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
As it became apparent that the villains were going to lose, Oni bugged out (using his Jump Jets, raining sparks down on those below).  Yamikuzure came to (woke up, after being paralyzed by Contagion), but the heroes saw it and felled him a second time.  Tetsuronin leaped over to jump aboard one of the fire trucks.  Anything but a roll of a 1 and he would do so impressively: and I rolled a "1".  So he wasted his action climbing up there, while Raijin shouted at him that he had no honor (for breaking off their duel).  It was very difficult for him to do so, but he finally chose to flee, promising Raijin that they would face again soon!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #610 - Jul 8th, 2016 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
#407 – A Walk in the Park– After receiving a call about a “pack of werewolves”, Helios flies Kensai to Gaithersburg, Maryland, where police have surrounded a pawn shop.  Joined by the hero Tank, they engage the maniacal lycanthrope Jackal Jester and seven of his transformed Cadaver Dogs.  The store is heavily damaged in the melee, but the three are able to take down the beasts.  Delphi relays an emergency call about trouble back in D.C., so Helios races them to the Swampoodle neighborhood, where they find ninjas confronting a young man (Walter Hubblet) in Liberty Park!  When the ninjas refuse to back down, the heroes make short work of them.  A woman (Pretender) watches the fight with binoculars, but immediately leaves when Kensai spots her.  She sends a text to one of the unconscious ninjas, leading the trio to nearby Vinny’s Meat Market.  The adventurers challenge five security guards on the back loading dock, then swiftly defeat them when they decide to fight.
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2016 at 5:33pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #611 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
#408 – Throw the Dog a Bone – Pilot Hammond brings Psypher and Spirit via the Guardian Angel, and Tank has to leave.  The heroes find a trapdoor in Vinny’s Meat Market that leads down into a basement, where they surprise three men playing cards.  Only one decides to fight and is quickly dispatched.  They take an elevator down deeper into the Dog House, disable an energy rifle that pops out of a wall, then detonate disintegration bombs, destroying all secrets within a telecommunications room.  Forcing their way into the security room, the adventurers overpower Dog, his pet boxer, Champ, and three more guards.  They rescue thankful bookstore owner Abner Veith, who clearly was being tortured.  Veith tells them about the book that the criminals appear to be after, and reveals where he got the tome (the estate sale of eccentric inventor, Dr. Erwin Wetsel), who he sold it to (Walter Hubblet, a regular at his store, The Story), and where they are likely headed next (Layman’s Auction House).  A nearby pad of paper reveals the probable name of the book they seek: ClockWork Portal.
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2016 at 5:29pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #612 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
#409 – Clockworks – Psypher leaves to protect Hubblet as Spirit, Helios, and Kensai fly to Layman’s Auction House in Newington, Virginia.  When they interrupt ninjas siphoning gas from company trucks, more martial artists attack from the adjacent warehouse, including ninja leader Tojo.  After a long battle, the nearly exhausted heroes overcome the fifteen Shadow operatives.  Owner Daniel Layman, clearly having been recently beaten, staggers from the warehouse office handcuffed to a chair, alerting the heroes that his family is being held captive in his house!  The adventurers race the fifty yards to his residence and engage the six ninjas inside.  One by one the champions fall, though Kensai is able to hide the five family members outside before he drops.  Helios’ unconscious body continues to burn upstairs, inadvertently starting a fire.  The Shadow agents spread the flames until Kensai wakes up and rescues his allies.  He also dispatches the last of the enemy and saves everyone from the burning house as two ninjas escape.  Mr. Layman tells them of a supervillain named Havoc, accompanied by armored soldiers, after a “fancy clock” recently purchased by a Desmond McBride.  Helios and Spirit, battered and near death, are raced to medical attention, while Pretender delays Havoc in order for the vigilantes to catch up.  Reinforcements Angelus and Phase join Kensai, and the group flies to McBride’s home in D.C.  They drop in on a pair of Powered Trooper sentries on the roof, and two more Powered Troopers, along with Havoc and Mzz Blazzter, emerge from the dwelling.  The two sides skirmish, but as the heroes begin to get the upper hand, the Shadow operatives decide to cut their losses and flee.  McBride shows up with the actual ClockWork Portal artifact, as well as the book of the same name, and turns them over to authorities from F.I.S.H., C.H.E.S.S., and other agencies when they arrive moments later.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #613 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Great Stuff as always

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #614 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Thanks, Oni

My group had a much rougher time than usual, as I beefed up the bad guys (just a bit).  I sent twenty ninjas at them, and I'd boosted each from -2 to be hit to -4 (full Heightened Defense) and +4 to hit (rather than +2).  At one point all the PCs were unconscious with the ninjas setting the house on fire, though they had rescued the hostages already.  Fortunately, one of them woke up and dealt with the few remaining.

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #615 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Cool descriptions. Majestic.

RAMBLE

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #616 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 3:10am
Print Post  
There's been a request for more stuff from some of my players, so I'm going to throw out the Prelude that another GM did before tonight's session.  This is for a new adventure he's made that's more or less a follow-up for "The Sands of Time" (from FGU).

Enjoy!

“Precurser”

The Guardians receive a message from Kensai.

For some time now, the ORC facility at Sendai has been experiencing some difficulties.  At first, it was minor, some glitches with the Maintenancebots, some minor electrical shocks.  Later, the computer network was repeatedly hit by hacker attempts and denial of service attacks.  Minor annoyances became moderate challenges.  Still, our automated systems dealt with the problems, and our investigations didn’t identify any specific internal or external threats.  It all seemed random….

Finally, on the advice of an old friend, I hired some outside consultants to investigate more… unusual… theories.  They reported we were under massive mystical attack.  Unfortunately, they could only generally identify the problem, and suggest minor fixes.  They did not know how to deal with the menace.
I know the Guardians have great expertise in this area, where technology meets the supernatural.  Though this problem does not seem demonic, and probably is not the TechDemon the Guardians fought before, I’m hoping the Guardians can isolate and defeat whatever is attacking us.

30 minutes into the past… flashback.

The debut of the latest model of Kintetsu is a great success.  To the surprise of the media, ORC broke with tradition, displaying not only the new model of Kintetsu, but two other prototypes in development.  Before, there has always been only one Kintetsu, with the famous robot rebuilt or upgraded from the previous version.  Any visiting Guardians, of course, know the real reasons for the change…

The demonstration takes place at the Sendai ORC construction facility, not the better known Tokyo skyscraper.  ORC likes to keep their Engineers some distance away from the distractions of Corporate and marketing…

In Sendai, there are more robots than human personnel.  Polite multilingual Guardbots patrol the grounds.  Maintenancebots keep the grounds and building immaculate.  Robots build the new robots in the factory.

Any VIP visitors get the full tour, which includes a full look at the various build and testing areas.  ORC builds robots for everything from medicine to cooking.  There is only one exception.  ORC does not build military robots, or even policebots.  ORC Guardbots are built to reflect the corporate pacifist philosophy, and have only non-lethal restraint options.

Historical note:  When the JSDF first authorized Milbots in 2010, ORC was a subcontractor for the design phase.  However, ORC was only willing to design the first draft, ‘toshu kakuto’ capable.

15 minutes into the past…

I met Rune in Paris.  He isn’t an easy man to find these days.  It takes a lot of patience.  I’m very persistent though, and Rune was the best researcher around.

We ran through the social stuff as he looked through the photos.  ‘Attacked by giant robots lately?  Giant bugs?’  The usual small talk.

Rune finally looked up and spoke.  “This is a fascinating insight into ‘The hoard of the false Pharaoh’.  Ramses was briefly driven from his throne, but escaped his imprisonment.  He gathered his remaining followers, and, while the false Pharaoh was distracted by mercenaries, crushed the armies of his enemies and regained the throne.  Ramses then gave great gifts to those who had remained loyal.  These gifts came from the hoard of the false Pharaoh.  They ranged from a chariot of gold to an hourglass of sand.”

“What of the mercenaries?” I asked.

“Not mentioned again.  Not really important.  They were only a bit player in the legend”

I thought about this.  Apparently the secret of not impacting history was helping out the egomaniac who wrote the history…

“I’m still looking into artistic impacts” said Rune.  “The Guardians didn’t impact historical narrative, but cultural contamination is harder to see.  There are some unusual artifacts in Luxor around this time.  Excavation is ongoing.  I’ll keep an eye on it.  Now, tell me about this curse.”

“Um, something about how the Pharaoh would get us, and our little dog too?  I wasn’t actually there.  Does it matter?  We’re now, then then.”

Rune looked stern.  “A death curse is powerful!  Don’t underestimate it.  Look for unusual events, potential triggers.  It might manifest anywhere.”

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #617 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Last Friday another GM (first chance I've got to play V&V in quite awhile) ran the start to a multi-part storyline (which will end up being interspersed between other adventures):

#410 – Precurser – Unusual technical glitches plague the Okita Robotics Company (O.R.C.) facility in Sempai, Japan, and when the supernatural is suspected, Kensai requests help from the Guardians.  In Paris, Rune warns him about the danger from the curse made by Pharaoh in ancient Egypt.  As Quiasar flies Helios, Makeshift, and old ally Paradigm to Japan in the Guardian Angel, they get word of a moderate earthquake that has hit the island nation, centered near Mito.  They divert and provide aid to many casualties, alongside Kintetsu and other O.R.C. rescue robots.  Having lost communication with the O.R.C. compound in Sempai, the team races there, finding the generator building destroyed, apparently attacked by the company’s own robots.  They find wreckage outside the engineering shop and confirm that some of O.R.C.’s ordinarily pacifistic automatons are now hostile.  As the team takes out multiple types, an invisible Kintetsu unit teleports away, and they find that sand has spilled out of some of the defeated machines.  Helios burns a hole through an upper window, and Quiasar lifts them all up and inside.  In command and control, they find that lots of robots have taken over the nearby factory; Delphi identifies one as a modified military bot.  Quiasar charms his way past a Guardbot into the office of Ryoma Okita (Kensai), where they find the beleaguered hero.  Kensai tells them of the battle that forced him to retreat there, and how the factory is now quickly producing robots not programmed by O.R.C.  He also speculates about the Egyptian curse.  The O.R.C. exec stays back as the other four assault the factory from different positions.  They defeat many different robots, who all focus on Helios, and when they take out the Milbot, the others immediately stop.  Lots of sand leaks from the Milbot, and shortly after the mystical energy powering the factory ends as well.  The group speculates that Kensai and possibly the others who traveled to ancient Egypt might be targets, and decide to warn them.  They also learn, from a Medicalbot who had surreptitiously drawn blood from Kensai earlier, that he has hybrid Gorene blood (like Kubera).

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #618 - Nov 21st, 2016 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
#411 – Schemes and Plots – The Egyptian curse is found to be tied to a relic somewhere, and is believed to be intelligent, opportunistic, adaptable, and ruthless, meant to cause suffering and death.  The team learns that all Guardians (in addition to Kensai and Ryutsume) are likely in danger.  The Council meets with all active members and discusses the peril.  Ryutsume’s crimefighting exploits are learned by Kageryu and Majestic, who take further steps for their young daughter’s protection.  It is determined that Kensai, more active than most members of the team, will be encouraged to become a full-time mission specialist.  In response to a paranormal rampage, pilot Hammond flies Phase, Araneae, and Angelus in the Guardian Angel to Manchester, Connecticut.  Police have squared off with the massive Troll, but Phase swiftly calms the simplistic brute.  Moments later, Energion arrives and possesses one of the policemen.  Araneae restrains him with webbing, so he body jumps over into Troll.  During the following short fight, Phase attaches jumper cables to Troll’s back, which later ends up injuring the energy being and forcing him to flee.  The N.S.A. contacts the heroes and informs them of a nearby blind spot in their satellite view of the area, and the adventurers soon find a walled compound nearby, guarded by lions.  As they wait on animal control, they investigate further, learning that they are unable to phase through the complex, above or below ground.  Angelus also spots a pair of robots.  Araneae begins to suspect manipulation, considering the odds of so many strange occurrences within a small proximity.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2016 at 7:21pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #619 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
#412 – The Main Curse – Araneae is baffled by the sophisticated touch screen entry to the high-tech building, and the robots power down.  Animal control secures the big cats, and the heroes decide there is not cause to force their way inside.  Kensai accepts membership, agreeing to live in the U.S. part-time, and is asked to become a mentor for Ryutsume.  Surveillance, both technical and magical (with help from C.H.E.S.S.) is set up to monitor for unusual activity in Washington, D.C., Cairo, and Paris.  While Kensai sets up a meeting with Rune in Cairo to discuss the curse, the team decides to temporarily move out of their base, to potentially minimize danger to civilians.  All active teammates, along with the Carter family (Majestic, Kageryu, and Ryutsume) move to Mindbender’s small island off the Atlantic coast.  The Guardians are informed of never before seen, unearthed artwork of giant beings in Luxor tombs, and hear that artifacts and mummies have recently been sent to the Smithsonian.  Their sensors alert them of a tiny spike in Cairo, and a much bigger one back home in D.C., so pilot Hammond flies Phase, Compass, Helios, and Araneae back in the Guardian Angel.  They enter the second floor of the museum, where they protect civilians by taking out numerous mummies and animals, though many are still slain.  Afterwards they race to the basement, where they find the undead sorcerer Badjed and more mummies.  As they fight, three of the mummies transform into Gorene-human (ancient Egyptian) hybrids.  Araneae reaches inside the magician and grabs the hourglass-shaped relic in his chest, and when he is finally able to crush it, the conjured enemies all appear to disintegrate.  The team learns that Badjed was himself a reluctant minion, cursed by Pharaoh.
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2016 at 2:07pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #620 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Cool!!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #621 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
#413 – Blood and Sand – In Egypt, Rune researches Badjed, learning that he was a loyal minor mage in Ramses’ court who became vulnerable to the curse.  The intent of the curse for the Smithsonian attack was maximum civilian casualties, while Badjed’s aim was to create super-mummies that could defeat the Guardians.  Investigation by the team reveals that Badjed’s organ receptacles are missing, as is a life-sized clay statue of the sorcerer.  At C.H.E.S.S. headquarters in Washington, D.C., Kensai, Rune, Helios, Phase, Compass, and Araneae discuss the curse with consultant Dr. Nadja Magd and Zhi Ling.  Dr. Magd leaves and Kensai introduces his Tamonten drone, JT-05, which houses most of Jay Harris’ consciousness!  They contact Quiasar, but before they can meet up Rune senses the presence of Badjed and the group realizes the evil mage has stolen the heart of JT-05!  Tracing the spell, Rune teleports the seven to a closed-down World Health Organization research facility in Manhattan.  Rune guards the exterior while Helios provides entry into the upper level of the two-story building.  In the mad scientist’s lab is a clay golem of Badjed and JT-05 plugged into a computer.  The heroes easily dispatch the golem, interrupting the wizard’s ritual merging magic and technology to gain immortality.  This decisively kills Badjed and nearly destroys the crystalline heart of JT-05, but Zhi Ling magically protects the heart at the last second!  Though it is saved, the consciousness appears to be gone, as Kensai announces that he no longer has a mental link with his drone.  In a second tank with the unneeded tissue, fluids, and other dross they find a teenaged Jay Harris, with intact limbs, no cybernetics, and many scrambled memories.  Later, Araneae is contacted by N.S.A. operative Timothy Hernandez, who explains that three words (‘Cryptera’, ‘Shangri-La’, and ‘Cosmic Train’) were recovered from the destroyed interior of the strange complex the Guardians were unable to enter recently in Connecticut.  Weeks later, Paradigm searches the dark web and learns of rumors about the Cosmic Train: an expensive, unearthly locomotive, crewed by ghosts, that travels between dimensions.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #622 - Jan 17th, 2017 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
#414 – The Secret Land – Kensai trains Ryutsume, and Compass counsels and helps Jay Harris, who the Guardians set up a trust for.  The team discusses the Web and their major criminal activity.  After hearing about the threat of Count Hephaestus and receiving coordinates from the GamesMaster, pilot Hammond flies Angelus, Kensai, Araneae, Rune, and Paradigm in the Guardian Angel to the Amazon basin in Brazil, and the five enter the Secret Land on foot.  Journeying into a lush jungle teeming with extinct life, they are able to fend off attacks by a Pteranodon and a powerful Tyrannosaurus rex.   Hearing cries, they come across a large battle between many primitive humans and lizard-like Saurids.  They watch and observe from a ridge until other beasts move in.  After preventing a sneak attack by five saber-toothed Smilodon, the heroes thwart the onslaught of a gigantic Spinosaurus.  As the two sides separate, the adventurers grab one of the unconscious men to question.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2017 at 3:05pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #623 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
#415 – Count Down! – Led towards their target by the primitive, the group treks through the jungle.  They interrupt an attack on a mother and two children by a large pack of Raptors, but the dinosaurs quickly kill the savages, so the team disengages.  After a long hike, they find the ruins of a temple, with Count Hephaestus sitting on a stone throne, flanked by Black Bow, the recently-discovered WW II Nazi villain Donner, and five Flame Fiends.   Angelus knocks out the mastermind and Araneae wraps up Black Bow, but the captive Count teleports away.  After destroying all of the Flame Fiends, the heroes take down Donner and Rune creates a gateway, through which the adventurers transport their captives to a secure containment facility.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #624 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
#416 – Hell on Earth – The Guardians Council decides to keep lines of communication open with the N.S.A. and the GamesMaster.  C.H.E.S.S. alerts the team about intense supernatural activity in Chinese Tibet, so Araneae, Angelus, Rune, and Kensai meet with the Queen of C.H.E.S.S. in London.  She explains that the hidden locale seems to be warded against magical and electronic surveillance, and tells how a squad of Valkyries were chased away from a small village there by voices within a strange, unearthly fog.  The four travel via the Guardian Angel to the Tibetan Plateau, where they meet the friendly natives of Shangri-La, a remote community nestled in a deep ravine.  A creepy green fog surrounds them when they reach the central marketplace, and a voice warns them to leave.  Angelus telepathically allows the group to converse with the stranger, who masquerades as benevolent entities protecting the villagers.  The heroes continue to probe, with Rune magically sensing the location of the sorcerer as well as a nearby gateway.  Angelus discerns dishonesty from the mage, and Rune counters one of his spells.  Combat is joined, and five ghostly Stingwraiths fly to aid Professor Hell.  The two sides trade volleys, but the sheer volume of cast spells leaves the villain exhausted.  He compels hundreds of the natives to flee towards the cliffs, but Araneae and Rune make protective walls of webbing and trees.  The team then heroically focuses on saving the lives of innocents, allowing Professor Hell to get away.  They investigate the portal, finding stairs inside a chest leading down into a small, empty pocket dimension.  Araneae also finds a sophisticated surveillance device hidden in a relic inside the same tent.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #625 - Aug 15th, 2017 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
As we don't play as regularly anymore, I find we're falling further and further behind "real life" (we're now in March of 2016).

For this one I went back to 2.1 instead of using 3.0, as two of the PCs (one a magic user with a ton of spells, and another that randomly has one of six pets show up) are going to be quite difficult to convert]

#417 – Illicit Deliveries – F.I.S.H. agent Larry Candor contacts Rune about Weesel, a recently arrested drug dealer in Oakland who briefly mentioned the Web before clamming up.  The criminal, out on bail, is tailed to a suspected drug house in the Mission District of San Francisco.  After journeying there via a gateway, surveillance is turned over to Rune, Phase, Helios, and Psypher, along with local hero Psilight.  The team stakes out the home for hours, watching many people coming and going, eventually sending in Psypher and Psilight undercover to learn more.  Phase finds out that the house is owned by Black Mamba, but the former supervillain is not currently wanted.  Though he is clearly dealing drugs, they do not see any major activity that warrants an attempted arrest.  Through vines and house plants controlled by Rune, he discerns that Black Mamba has many venomous snakes in the cellar, with some also moving through the walls, but they confirm he has proper permits for them.  Rune creates the illusion of police lights, which clears the house of most occupants.  Black Mamba disappears (via secret stairs, into the attic).  Outside Phase gets Weesel to reveal that the Web has stolen a powerful weapon that is currently travelling between Las Vegas and L.A!  Realizing that the few people still inside the house are not likely in any danger if they don’t go in, the heroes race away in the recently arrived Guardian Angel, flown by pilot Hammond.  On Highway 15 in Nevada they intercept the convoy, made up of nearly a dozen military and civilian vehicles, including multiple armed tanks!  They attack and bring everything to a stop, but the soldiers react in fear and confusion; the tank in the rear peels off into the desert.  Helios gives chase, but the man in the powerful M1A2 Abrams fires on him and some of the military forces!  Helios and Psilight quickly dispatch Tank Gunner while the others aid the wounded and restore order.  The group learns that some of the commanding officers, addicted to ‘mind’, aided Tank Gunner and the Web in the theft of the recovered armament.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 
Topic Tools

>