Normal Topic Power Idea: Zoological Fusion (Read 769 times)
Ryxis47
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Power Idea: Zoological Fusion
Oct 14th, 2010 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
this is really just an idea for a power, I'm still trying to work out the rules since as some of you know I'm pretty new to the game

it is mostly based off of DC's B'wana Beast who can fuse up to four animals together to create a chimera under his control, but in this instance I mainly want to focus on the character fusing himself with other animals to gain their abilities using the already rather extensive list of animal based powers vnv possesses

this would also automatically come with the weakness that the hero would need some kind of access to the animals he wants to fuse to, but would only need a sample of their DNA so they could carry vials of various animal blood or hair for quick access

the hero would often take on about 50% of the animal's characteristics but could also choose specific aspects depending on what powers they take from the animal, so fusing with a bird they could become some hybrid of bird and human, or just the wings, or just the beak if that's all they needed

they could fuse with multiple animals but it would put some sort of mental strain on the hero, this is a fusion, not power duplication or theft that means they mind of the other being will try to fight for control, it would be fairly easy for a human to overpower a single animal but several can become difficult especially if they are more ferocious

this is also why fusion with humans would not be recommended as they would be able to fight for dominance with much more cunning than an animal, but if they two humans were working together cooperatively this might still be possible

so, any questions? any idea how i should start making this?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: Power Idea: Zoological Fusion
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Just take a lion and if you fuse it with a bird,  just give the lion wings.   Why make it complicated?

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Ryxis47
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
The idea behind this was versatility and options. And there are a lot of abilities available from animals.

Thematically it's also supposed to allow the hero to take on continuous new and monstrous appearances. Fighting in the water? fuse with a shark, but maybe add in some squid tentacles, you've become something wholly new

IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 12:56am
Print Post  
This is a very ambitious power - extremely adaptable and powerful, but if you limit it to animals that are around, it would be self-controlling, unless you have a fight in a zoo.  Cheesy

I'd call it a definite Mutant Power - Animal Powers deal.  Here's what I'd consider doing (and an excel character sheet that auto figures stuff would be really handy here - I've got one if you want it).

I'd take a look at the limits to what he can fuse with.  At the extreme ends, can he fuse with any animal (ie. could he potentially access any of the animal types given under animal/plant powers)?

If so, look at the commonalities of them, and go ahead and figure out what his stat bonus would be.  For example, look at Heightened Agility A - it shows up on Plant/Fungus, Insect, Mammal, Avian, Amphibian, Arachnid, One-Celled, Crustacean, Lower Class, Mollusk, and Fish powers.  So just roll the 2d10 once, that is the bonus he can receive from whatever animal.  Or say, Natural Weaponry from a mammal could be a bear's claws, or a fish it could be the shark's bite.  Either way, go ahead and put it down as Natural Weaponry and roll the dice to see what kind of bonus he gets.  The power sounds like it is really all about flavor and style, so having the max bonus static  and independent of what creature it is shouldn't affect the concept.

Go ahead and have a page just of the powers he could get from fusions, and how they affect his stats, hit points, and whatnot.  I know this ends up a lot of work, but I'd do the work up front instead of trying to do it when he fuses with an animal.

Let me know if this makes sense, or if you have questions.

IP Logged

>