Normal Topic The Dawn Patrol - The Light is always darkest before the Dawn (Read 1109 times)
AEGIS
Ex Member

The Dawn Patrol - The Light is always darkest before the Dawn
Oct 24th, 2010 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Ok So I've been playing V&V on and off for many years now and have had some interesting and awesome experiences with the game. Then our DM made us move to M&M as a system to try and I created a team of heroes for that system. Then of course when we found it's short comings we came back to trusty V&V and I want to convert the team to it's rule set.

If anyone feels like giving me a hand I would be most appriciative. It's also great to see what others think of the characters and how they would act.

I will post a seperate little blog for each hero soon (when I find my old M&M write ups).

IP Logged

AEGIS
Ex Member

Re: The Dawn Patrol - The Light is always darkest before the Dawn
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
OK so up first is the Leader of the team

AEGIS. The Legendary Warrior
A Hero throughout history AEGIS is an immortal Demi-god that is believed to have been the source of many legends the likes of the 12 tasks of Hercules. Aegis is committed to the ideals of heroism such as protecting the weak and bringing the unjust to their knees. 

AEGIS if you want a close comic representation would be a mix of Captain America and Thor. A Beacon for the team to follow but with the skill/powers to walk the talk. 

powers I am thinking about
- Body Power - Divine Body a mix of hgt stats and invul
- Body Power - Immortality
- Hgt Expertise - All Weapons ( he's that old and well versed )
- Hgt Senses - Divine knowledge can detect magic usage
- Hgt Expertise Jack of all trades - He's been there and done it all
These are all i have thought of for him so far

Weakness ideas
An Achilles Heel if you will ( Maybe an item that renders him powerless when in it's presence kinda like his own krytonite)
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2010 at 6:38pm by »  

IP Logged

AEGIS
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Next up

The One man Legion :  CENTURION

OK so next up is Centurion now he was designed more a giant man meets the hulk with a Maul like effect that as he grows in size he gets more and more rage driven.

Steve Saunders was your average college football jock. He loved to play the field when it came to the ladies. However this style of life led him to a drastic incident where on a date with his latest catch to a museum he stupidly grabbed an ancient legionnaires helm and stuffed it on his head just to show off however this activated a hidden spiritual power in the helm which covered him a full suit of Centurion armor and caused Steve to grow and fall victim the spirit within's  rage. When the power of the helm came to an end he found that he had wrecked the museum and had injured the girl he was with.
Since that time Steve has vowed to use the helm for good only and to somehow control the raging Spirit within the Centurions Helm.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2010 at 6:56pm by »  

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #3 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
For Aegis you could combine all of the Body Powers into one.  The weakness you described sounds like "vulnerability".  Does he already have one in M&M?

Centurion would likely be Transformation A Device.

mw

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #4 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
Aegis - I think you can plau immortality as a plot device instead of a true power. As far as Super Powers go . . .
- Hgt Str B
- Hgt End B
- Hgt Cha B
- Invulnerability
- Heightened Expertise
- Heighgtened Senses: Detect Magic
As a GM I might give you a wide array of general knowledge (say anything available on the internet) but limit your usable skill sets to maintain some balance. After all even a demi-god needs to practice his skill sets. Old saying you use it or lose it exist for a reason Wink

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #5 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
A thought on Centurion

Size Change: Larger - say a height factor of 3.
Strength B +18 (link to to Size Change)

At height factor 1.5 you add +6 Str
At height factor 2 you add +6 Str (total +12 Str)
finally last +6 Str at height factor 3 (total of +18 Str)

Rage sounds like the Weakness: Low Self Control 2 or 3. Maybe something like an Int save if damaged in combat. If loses control attacks closest target each Turn. Watch your allies scatter

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

>