Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Sub Mission (Read 2128 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Sub Mission
Nov 13th, 2010 at 2:38am
Print Post  
Marshal Strong is called to officiate the first interplanetary council meeting between the Torgee Worlds, the Moevian Empire, and the Chironduk Confederacy.   During his absence all is calm the Black Mesa.
    Wally Spec, the Cosmic Warrior, is sitting in his dorm room chatting with four odd guests.  The first is a man in white, who calls himself the Stranger.  The second is a man in Gray, who calls himself the Traveler, the third is a man in black, who calls himself the Wanderer, and the fourth is a boy dressed in green, who calls himself the Messenger.  They say there is a fifth in their group, the Explorer, but it would upset the space time continuum if Wally were to meet him now.  This is fourth time he has hosted the group, who call themselves the Five Keepers, and the first time he realized how strange it is.    He thinks that the Stranger looks like Charles Lindberg, but that wouldn’t make any sense.
  Modi wakes from a slumber in a cold sweat.  This is the ninth time in a row he has dreamt of Fumblewinter.  In his dreams, Ratatosk keeps telling him to seek the Jormunger Pendant.
      Glare, in his civilian identity of Eric Palond, was privy to a family fight between Philip Manning and his son Carter.   Carter said he didn’t want any money, help or anything else.  He wants to be left alone.   Philip, a bit embarrassed by this, made light of his son’s outburst to Eric and said it showed his kid had moxie.

Later back in the Black Mesa, Wally’s meeting with the Keepers was interrupted by Harry Kraft informing him of Ray Phelps'
death.  Ray Phelps keeled over dead and was his body was taken from the Deep Six Holding Facility to the Black Mesa for an autopsy.  It was just as Harry was telling this to Wally that Wally saw, via his cosmic senses, that the spirit of Ray Phelps was attacking Mr. Kraft.
    Wally grabbed Harry and tossed him aside.  Modi and Glare witnessed Wally’s actions.  Modi grabbed his hammer and blasted the empty space with the cold light of Truth.   His hammer’s ethereal light exposed the spirit of Ray Phelps who proclaimed himself Death Ray.   
      Death Ray tried to kill Harry with his Death Touch.   Glare blasted Death Ray with a laser, to no avail.     Modi then swung his hammer at Death Ray, which also proved ineffective.   The Cosmic Warrior phased through the ground and searched the cosmic ether for the means to release his spirit and counter attack.   
       The Cosmic Warrior’s astral form blasted Death Ray with a vibroblast, which proved to be just as ineffective as the laser attacks.
      Death Ray tried to grab the astral projecting Cosmic Warrior.  Realizing that as they were both in spirit form, they were solid to each other, the Cosmic Warrior kicked Death Ray in his spiritual gonads.    This worked sending the spirit form back into its body which Modi restrained.
     CHESS then asked the trio of heroes to take the Ghost Train back to New York and accompany Ray Phelps, who lost his Death powers upon his defeat, back to the Deep Six Holding Facility.
    While returning from this, the sub received a distress call from the luxury cruise ship.   They saw through satellite cameras that the cruise ship was under attack by a giant squid.   Taking off the trio flew to the rescue.
       Seeing a flying man with bluish skin holding a trident,  the Cosmic Warrior through Modi at him, while he flew like a rocket into the giant Kraken.    Modi smashed the metahuman that they recognized as Douglas Kern, the Sub Human.  His fierce attack severed the Sub Human’s arm from the shoulder.    Modi continued until he hit the deck like a meteor.   
     The Cosmic Warrior smashed the Kraken, forcing it to release its many tentacles from the ship’s hull.
      Glare seeing that the ship’s fore section was over run with marine Mer Folk, activated his photon burst, blinding them.  This caused them to run amok, diving back into the Atlantic Ocean.
       The Sub Human howled with pain and attacked Modi with savage blows.   Glare grabbed the Sub Human’s trident and then flew over and blinded the Kraken.   The Kraken smashed the Cosmic Warrior with three of its ten tentacles, bashing poor Wally into the deck below.
      Modi and the Sub Human’s battle sent them crashing to the theater one deck below.  Wally stood up, only to be hit by the falling chandelier.

Glare saw one of the Merfolk waving to him.  He flew over and saw it was speaking German.   He thought this odd.
     Modi and the Sub Human battled below deck, trading punches for hammer blows.   The Sub Human was bleeding from his shoulder, nose and ears.    Modi went berserk, summing his inner rage and strength.  He became a whirlwind of hammer strikes and war cries.
     The Cosmic Warrior used telepathy to communicate with the Merfolk.  He found out its name was Johann Schmitt.  He lived in Bonn, Germany until the earthquake
.  He then found himself, along with 400 of his neighbors to be living in a subterranean ocean located under Europe.  He also found himself and his neighbors to be subjects of the King of the Seas, The Sub Human.  He also found himself to be the only person who remembered the sun.   
       Johann said that the Sub Human could mutate the sea creatures into monsters and command them.   He led the merfolk through a huge tunnel that went on for hundreds of miles until they found themselves in the Atlantic Ocean.  He wanted to destroy the human race for causing the earth quake.   Only Johann knew that the Sub Human was the cause of that quake. 
     Wally realized that Douglas Kern had gone mad.  He entered what the Movians call the Humurru State.   His already vast power became exponentially more powerful.   He had to be defeated before the Movians became aware of him.
      The Cosmic Warrior and Glare attacked the Kraken.    Glare fired a burst of rapid fire lasers, slicing off four of its tentacles.  The Cosmic Warrior blasted it with his vibroblasts.   This double barrage of power killed the mighty squid.
    At this point Modi had the Sub Human against the hull of the ship.   The Sub Human laughed and said it was time to call the Leviathan.   Modi then sent him crashing through the ship’s hull with a mighty smack of his hammer.    He then jumped into the ocean after him.   Unfortunately, Modi was not aware that the sea would revive and empower the Sub Human.   Even with the rejuvenating affect of the sea, the Sub Human had one arm torn off, the other arm broken, and now, after Modi’s next attack, a crashed ankle.
    The Sub Human tried to mutate a school of fish into Skyrana, but was knocked unconscious by a blow to his head by Modi.    The force of this blow sent the Sub Human deep into Davy Jones’ Locker.

Trying to calm down the passengers of the ship, Glare noticed that a huge wave had caused the front of the ship to rise.   The Cosmic Warrior from up above saw a whale, easily ten times the size of the luxury cruise ship, was on a collision course with the ship. 
  Modi swam to the monstrous Leviathan as it crashed into the ship, cracking the fore in two.
     Modi smashed the sea monster’s flesh with his hammer, to which the beast barely noticed.   The Cosmic Warrior tried to commune with the creature via telepathy, but Modi’s insanity and rage interfered with the transmission.   

Glare flew about rescuing people and putting them in lifeboats.  He also called the Navy for assistance.     Modi was still in a berserk state, attacking the Leviathan with his hammer, to which the creature was ignoring.    The creature spun over and smashed the ship with its huge flipper, cracking the boat in half.   
      The Cosmic Warrior succeeded in communicating with the gigantic whale.  He found it to be quite intelligent.  In fact, he found it to be smarter than Ray Phelps!
      The Leviathan was tired and wanted to sleep.  She didn’t understand why she had to attack the ship.  The Cosmic Warrior told her it was ok for her to go below and sleep.   She said she would not spray, and submerged to the murky depths.
      The Cosmic Warrior then retrieved Modi from the water.  Modi was still berserk, and attacked the Cosmic Warrior.    Wally’s defenses protected him so he just held Modi until he exhausted himself.
      They spent the rest of the day rescuing people and assisting the Navy when they showed.    
      Glare asked the Merfolk to assist, and they were glad to.   Still, 112 people were killed when the Leviathan smashed the ship.
       The Sub Human was never found.

Mission Debriefing:  Douglas Kern was last seen in Istanbul two years ago.  He was on assignment with Channel*.  Together they were to recover a suitcase with a refrigeration unit to keep what ever was inside of it cold from enemy agents.   The case was recovered by Channel, but the Sub Human was shot and fell into the Mediterranean Sea.  He was declared MIA then declared dead.     What happened was he went psychotic and his metapowers caused him to believe he was the King of the Sea. 
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2010 at 12:49pm by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

STORMDANCE
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Re: Sub Mission
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 3:17am
Print Post  
Fun Fact: The Dark Warrior rolled 4 critical misses of 20's on attacks and another 2 on ability saves, 2 critical hits on  ability saves of 1's, and failed a critical detection score with a perfectly horrible percentile roll of 100.

He is the Wunderkind of abnormal probability!!!

Oh, and he and Modi went berserk at the same time....
Luckily Glare can fly real fast... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 3:47am
Print Post  
Luckily, Glare was out of sight while both of them were Berserk, so he didn't have to soil his armor!

If he had been close to Modi, he would have been forced to once again give him a laser buzzcut...

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Sounds like Elusion missed a good battle! I'm upset I couldn't join in the battle of the "20's" because I'm sure I would of added a few to them mix.

But still, even with the 20's and failed saves, it sounds like you guys kicked some major ass! (plus I'm still alive which I'm sure pisses off the GM)  Wink

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 11:37am
Print Post  
It really was a lot of fun. When I saw the wave, I was hoping that was all it was (and that the critter was coming afterwards), as I had an idea to try and push my light control to to dissipate the wave before it hit the ship. Glad I didn't have to try though.

Oh, and I got a trident now, but the coral it's made of clashes with my golden armor  Tongue

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Mission Debriefing Follow up.  The * in the narative referes to a mission Channel and the Sub Human took on.  The Chronicle seems to be incomplete.  Sessions notes are being located.

The link to the Deep Six Holding Faculity  is here.

Ghost Train was refered to.

The Sub Human refered to a being called Oannes.  Is this another so called "god"  now on Earth?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
STORMDANCE wrote on Nov 13th, 2010 at 3:17am:
Oh, and he and Modi went berserk at the same time....
Luckily Glare can fly real fast... Roll Eyes

And a new phrase was coined.  "Under the Squid"  That is when you go beserk and no one notices!

Wally went beserk while fighting the Kraken and was later knocked out.  Since he was tiny in comparison to the giant squid, no one even notice he was a raging madman at the time.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
At least Oannes isn't another name for Dagon. Or is it?  Tongue

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Gentlemen,

I prefer not to refer to my "Momentary Lapses" of reason as going Berserk. I am simply a bit more intense then usual. I have it completely under control and do not consider it an issue at this point in time.

As stated:  I Have It Under Control!!

Regards,

Wally Spec
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2010 at 2:14pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

STORMDANCE
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #9 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Gerry wrote on Nov 13th, 2010 at 3:47am:
Luckily, Glare was out of sight while both of them were Berserk, so he didn't have to soil his armor!

If he had been close to Modi, he would have been forced to once again give him a laser buzzcut...

Hey if Modi ever goes raging on you just make it a blind rage and fly away....
that or after he's blind push him towards a school bus....most of the kids would be armed anyway, that can take care of themselves  Wink

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #10 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 2:09am
Print Post  
STORMDANCE wrote on Nov 17th, 2010 at 8:25pm:
[quote author=7B7C6C796F7C0E0 link=1289630337/2#2 date=1289634460]
Hey if Modi ever goes raging on you just make it a blind rage and fly away....
that or after he's blind push him towards a school bus....most of the kids would be armed anyway, that can take care of themselves  Wink

I have a better idea: I blind Modi, and push him towards Dark Warrior. Killing 2 birds in one stone Smiley

IP Logged

STORMDANCE
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #11 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 9:29am
Print Post  
That should work!

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #12 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
I like that.  Then we can lower the power level! No more 12d10 Leviathans!

IP Logged

>