Normal Topic Worst Random Character (Read 554 times)
Tymothi
Sidekick

It's always darkest before
the dawn

Worst Random Character
Dec 16th, 2010 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Anyone here have had the worst experience with the random powers rolls? I did when I was playing with a new group.The Gamemaster was a hardcase about the rules (which is ok, but do not over do it) and the character I rolled up had the following as powers :
poison/venom
Heightened End A
Invulnerability -7
and he was MUTE as a weakness
so..I called him Spitter and he lasted 1/2 the game... The gamemaster hated the concept, which he rolled up but thats life..ya know

IP Logged

Nemo_the_Clown
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Re: Worst Random Character
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2010 at 1:47am
Print Post  
PC's should be allowed a "re-do" if they really don't like their concept/powers. You SHOULD try and be creative (sometimes a character you think is garbage will become the most fun).

In my group, we roll 1D4+4 for powers... so it's a lot more balanced, none of the "PC 1 has 2 powers, PC 2 has 8 powers (transformation or Animal/Plant Powers)."

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Worst Random Character
Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2010 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
I agree with Nemo.  His method of allowing a minimum of 4 powers is a good alternative, too.

One thing I will do (as GM) is when a person gets very little powers, I tend to go very light on the weakness.  For instance, using the example above, I would make that:

Mute: The character tends to be the stoic, quiet type, and is not prone to talk much or ramble on.

But I agree, the random method is awesome, but the occasional character has to be thrown out when you get results that are too wacky.

IP Logged

>