Normal Topic WIND WAKE (Read 2467 times)
STORMDANCE
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

WIND WAKE
Jan 16th, 2011 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Here is the write up for my newest character Wind Wake who has yet to be introduced into John's campaign. See the attachment to view her character sheet and images.
Here is the 1st draft of her Origin. I'm sure John will change it in some way though  Roll Eyes

ORIGIN

CHESS Special Ops Field Communiqué

Agent: J. Torchwood
Date: Classified
File: 08736867327898899
Cat ID: W6534673tr2278W@7346732
CLASS: Meta Contact level 5

Arrived on site as per Turner’s instructions to inspect the anomaly. What follows is a code transcript of my daily voice log:

What was reported as the site of a crater in the desert was now a small lake. The heat-fused glass bottom was highly reflective and visible through the clear water.  As I stare into the soothing depths of this phenomena, a cool wind brushes my face. As I look up, I am alarmed to discover a beautiful, white haired woman, dressed in greek styled robes, hovering above the surface of the water. She is obviously the source of the wind. Rather than stare at me, she is staring at the gun that has been produced in my hand through sheer instinct and training.

“I assure you mortal, weapons are useless here..” she says. Her voice has a breathless quality and echoes as though we stand in a grand marble hall or at the base of a great sea cliff.
I holster the weapon, sensing that her words are correct. Compared to this being I feel positively mortal.

“My name is Torchwood M’am and I would very much appreciate it if you would come down from up there and accompany me somewhere a bit more hospitable and secure to answer a few friendly questions” I smiled my good ol’ boy smile and prayed for the best.
“If that’s not too much trouble of course..?”

She gazed into the distance for a moment as though she could see my thoughts written somewhere in the sky and said:

“That will be fine. This vessel requires sustenance and rest for the arduous days ahead. Once she awakens she will need a sense of security to function.”

She spoke matter of factly in 3rd person and I couldn’t be certain there wasn’t more than one being within her lithe frame. She floated down and began to walk beside me at exactly 3” off the ground. A carpet of smoke and vapor appeared under her feet as though she strode upon a personal cloud. She has the bearing of royalty but far more majestic some how.

“Agent Torchwood, you will tell me all I ask regarding this age of mortals starting with the status of mortal worship. Are there still temples to Aeolus adorned with chimes and silk fabrics? Do the mortals yet hold him in esteem just behind the greater deities such as Zues and Hera?”

Unsure of how to answer such questions I stalled for time.

“Many cultures yet follow their own belief systems m’am and I’m quite sure that name you mentioned holds meaning for some  but I was hoping you could tell me a bit about yourself and where you came from. It’s not often that a woman simply appears out of thin air and…”
“Air is not thin agent Torchwood!”

Great I had made her angry. I braced myself waiting for blue bolts to vaporize my skull…

“Air is thick and heavy. It has weight greater than the Gods themselves can lift. It can warm you as surely as the finest furs and intoxicate the flesh in more divine ways than the finest silks. Shall I teach you a lesson in its ability to exact the fiercest wrath as well?”

I enacted extreme effort to keep my voice even and calm.

“Now, now m’am I meant no disrespect. I’m trying my hardest to be cordial. I may have a better chance to keep from offending you if you would just tell me a little bit about yourself…”

She began to walk a bit faster and the air around us became agitated. Small whirlwinds began whipping up sand and debris around us.

“Fine. I am a 1,200 year old Sylph and first daughter of Aeolus. I have bonded with this mortal vessel whose name you may acquire once she wakes and if she wishes to give it. I have come to set the Earth back onto the paths of Aether and Ether. To teach respect for the world above Gaia’s domain and to help stop those who would sully both Aeolus and Gaia’s realm. I will cooperate with your CHESS organization’s requests and questions for now so long as you assist this vessel with the bonding process and provide her with security and support. Any harm that befalls this vessel due to your agency’s action or inaction will be dealt with in a manner bereft of mercy and bursting with the wrath of hurricanes. Will that be satisfactory for now?”

“umm…sure…I think..”

“Good, then tell your men along the ridge to stand down and holster their weapons and shut down those silly scanners before I blow them into orbit. Also tell your telepaths that I find their “subtle” intrusion insulting.”

Nope, definitely not mortal…and maybe more than a meta.

“Now run along and prepare adequate food, clothing and transport to comfortable quarters for this vessel and be sure to make clear to your superiors that as long as the protection of this vessel is paramount in their thoughts no harm will befall them.”

At this point we secured the subject in a blackbird and made top speed toward the black mesa. The subject, which referred to herself as a “Sylph” has been relatively quiet except for an instance when she tried to open the window to the Blackbird for some air. She apparently does not like to be confined. Not sure that she will agree to enter the Black Mesa so I am arranging to have a temporary quarters and a research lab set up on top of the Mesa. Until we figure out what this thing is we’ll have to keep her happy.

Research Note: I found this info regarding the term “Sylph” and “Aeolus”:
Sylph (also called sylphid) is a mythological creature in the Western tradition. The term originates in Paracelsus, who describes sylphs as invisible beings of the air, his elementals of air. There is no known substantial mythos associated with them

An elemental is a mythological being first appearing in the alchemical works of Paracelsus in the 16th century. Traditionally, there are four types:
•      gnomes, earth elementals
•      undines, water elementals
•      sylphs, air elementals
•      salamanders, fire elementals.
The exact term for each type varies somewhat from source to source, though these four are now the most usual. Most of these beings are found in folklore as well as alchemy; their names are often used interchangeably with similar beings from folklore.[2] The sylph, however, is rarely encountered outside of alchemical contexts and fan media.
Aeolus or Eolus[1] (Greek: Αἴολος Aiolos [ájjolos], Modern Greek: was the ruler of the winds in Greek mythology. Aeolus was a son of Hippotes who is mentioned in Odyssey book 10 as Keeper of the Winds who gives Odysseus a tightly closed bag full of the captured winds so he could sail easily home to Ithaca on the gentle West Wind.

Apparently Sylphs were air elementals. As primeveil spirits they were regarded with awe and mystery. I have no doubt they were considered powerful as well. If this being is what she states then I would recommend we keep her tucked very tightly under our wings. As a last note since the being claims to have come here to “wake the winds” I suggest a codename of “WIND WAKE” if she is ever convinced to run with Turner’s Meta Task force. It may be wise to have beings such as Scion, Modi, Marshall Strong and Atlas near her in case of an “incident”.
Not too sure about that Wally Spec guy though….

WIND_WAKE__Web_Site_Sheet.doc ( 611 KB | 33 Downloads )

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: WIND WAKE
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
No changes needed.  Good stuff!

Her dodge skill gives her a -2 to be hit, and her level gives her a -1.
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2011 at 6:31pm by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
I am once again humbled by the creative mind of Stormdance.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
She's pretty hot so I'll allow the ludicrous agility.

Tongue

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #4 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
What you have a problem with the number 69?

(go ahead hit the softball Smiley )

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Like I said, since she's hot I'll allow the 69  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

STORMDANCE
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 10:31am
Print Post  
A heroine with a "69" agility that has wind powers to "Blow" things.........

what was I thinking.. Cry

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #7 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Well you've made your bed . . .

(sorry couldn't resist  Cheesy)

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #8 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
LOL yeah the next gaming session might give you lockjaw!

Shocked

IP Logged

>