Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Captain Warlock (Read 26956 times)
THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: Captain Warlock
Reply #35 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
  Yes but all those characters mentioned above are NUTS!!.

Ask any of us, uh, I mean them. We, uh, I mean my characters are all SANE!! Shocked

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #36 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Ranger wrote on Jun 11th, 2012 at 10:58pm:
Unfortunately there is no cure for an abnormally high number of cthulucytes in your blood stream.

Is this kind of like having a high miti-chlorian count?  Cheesy

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #37 - Sep 22nd, 2012 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Bumping up The Captian to remind myself I really need to post some things from his last adventures.

IP Logged

Thunderbolts
Avenger

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #38 - Sep 22nd, 2012 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
THE ONI wrote on Jun 11th, 2012 at 6:43pm:
  Ah, If only the rest of our beloved group could understand the fine line between Hero and Villian. After all, I am just doing what is best for both Human and Moevian kind. Whether they like it or not!!

Whatever you say... Magneto! Smiley

"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #39 - Sep 22nd, 2012 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Nice!!!! Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2012 at 2:37pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #40 - Jan 13th, 2013 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
W: Soon to be decapitated by Magnum

Tongue

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #41 - Jan 13th, 2013 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
  Your right, I did forget that one.

Weird though that it would not even kill him if Magnum did decapitate him. It would look funny though.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #42 - Jan 13th, 2013 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Running around with no head is definitely a weakness IMO.

I can throw the rest of you into the sun or something.

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #43 - Jan 13th, 2013 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
  I appreciate that. You are far too accommodating!! Grin

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #44 - Feb 21st, 2013 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Telekinetic spd and range adjusted for Will Stat. Just updating the character who is alone on Island Zero trying not to starve to death.

Actually he is far from alone.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #45 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
  My beliefs are now even stronger than before. The Truth has revealed itself further in the form of The Gnomoi known as The Bee Keeper.

This being has transcended time and space. He has enhanced my knowledge of The Universal Truth as well as helping me to continue my existance on your planet. Though at the moment I may not be exactly on Earth. I may be residing at the threshold of all worlds that have taken tha next step in Evolution. It saddens me to also learn that some former Races may have taken a step backward in Evolution. I had not thought this even possible.

Now comes the time of choice. Do I step out from this "Island" and return to a Homeworld I have never truly seen?

Or, do I remain on Earth to finish my quest for The Hybrid Human/Moevian that I know must exist? Also how can I leave this planet without knowing if "Avatar" herself is safe?

Truly I cannot leave. There is so much still to do here before I go forth to spread The Truth.

This Gnomoi known as The Bee Keeper has also shown me greater knowledge of those Evil Weapons and of Him who I prefer not to name. Though the Gnomoi tells me that much of the History I have been "Taught" is not all true I still have my doubts.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #46 - May 20th, 2013 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Bumping Up The Captain for Comparison of Will Stat to Telekenisis

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #47 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 10:49am
Print Post  
  My Friends,

I have spent the last month prior to being saved by The Gnomoi known as The Bee Keeper sacrificing my Suffering to the God Korgu and offering thrice daily prayers to our Beloved Goddess Hala. In this time my prayers have been answered. At first it was the appearance of The Bee Keeper and his sharing and confirmation of the Knowledge previously imparted to me be the being known as "Gary" who in truth is an Elder Thing and far beyond my limited understanding.

As I listened today to the teachings of The Bee Keeper as we sat on Giant Toadstools on what I now know to be called Paradox Island, a place where all worlds with Meta being activity meet, there was a sound heard only by my Gnomoi Companion.

The look on his face was one of worry and also mixed with expectation and we rushed through the air dodging trees limbs until we reached a Great Clearing. In this Valley were multiple Giant what I can only describe as Pyramids with the pointed top being replaced by large Polyhedrons. One of the Polyhedrons was opened, another was destroyed but our attention was fixed on the one closest to us at the time. Before our eyes one of the sides of this container opened and from it emerged a Being who simply put was "The Universe" in the shape you would refer to as a Man.

The being was covered in some type of Ectoplasm perhaps and as He emerged He lay prone for a moment. In that same moment The Bee Keeper dropped to one knee and I felt the need to do the same. My first thoughts as I viewed this being was of the First Companion of Hala. A being who could safely travel into her Halls which reside inside The Great Black Hole at the edge of the Moevian System. Some believe the Black Hole to be Hala herself but this is just one of the Great Mysteries of both Hala and now the advanced Universal Truth.

As the being who will now be known as Mr. Universe took in the world around him he conversed with The Bee Keeper. Mr. Universe had awakened from his long slumber in response to what I am told is the emergence of Nyarl on this world. Though my knowledge of such things is limited I was in fact able to connect some of the comments made by my two new friends to the Dreaded Illithids and their worship of their fouls gods. I needed no more knowledge than this since we all know that such Dread beings are all outside both Halas Grace and The Universal truth.

We returned to to our camp above The Bee Keepers Secret below ground Labyrinth where I donned those essential items that would be needed for the coming conflict.

Mr. Universe concluded his personal business with The Bee Keeper and opened what I can only call a Portal to somewhere else. Together Mr. Universe and I flew through this Portal and then..........

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #48 - Dec 27th, 2013 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Bumping Up The Captain for a Triumphant return Tonight.

Or possibly his untimely death. One or the other

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #49 - Dec 28th, 2013 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Updated Character Sheet. I have been waiting a while for him to level up and bought Heightened Will B after the adventure last night (Which was awesome). Yes I am munchkining but he needed the Boost to add to His Boost.

It's not the cappacity, it's the speed that kills......
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2013 at 10:59am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #50 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 10:21am
Print Post  
I expect a slight change in this characters personality. He took a loss of one point of Humanity in the last adventure. The depths of Evil that some few Humans can steep to made him think things over.

His combination of Military and now religion could be scary.

It may be that only those "Deserving" of enlightenment in The Universal Truth will be enlightened.

John,

Thinking of a new Telepathic Discipline. Iron Will. Something to protect against Mind Control.

Thoughts?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #51 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Sounds good.  How will it work?

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #52 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Not sure yet. It's a Discipline so I cannot see it being as strong as a power of course.

Something that kicks in at an attempt of Mind Control. Maybe a detect danger roll. also it could be set up on another as a protection if certain "parameters" were breached.

I'll think it through

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #53 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
I like it.  You get a detect danger at any attempt to manipsmunate* your mind.   Then if it works, you get a willpower defense.

How is that?

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #54 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Works for me. How about the idea of setting up something similiar on another?

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #55 - Feb 2nd, 2014 at 10:29am
Print Post  
When Captain Warlock stepped out of the Castle where Dr. Gloom/Glare has taken up residence he came across a Weapon of Power that came crashing down in Morovia.

This is the same Mace used to Crush Little Daisy Nixon's Skull by Drone and formerly owned by "The Star Child".

The Mace has a Mother of Pearl stone set into the Pommel and it is Sentient. She calls herself Mother.

The Mace has the follwoing Stats and Abilities

Mace +3 To Hit 1D10 Damage

Telepathic Link to The Weilder and Mother Stone

Detect Hidden 50% and Detect Danger 75%

The Weilder must periodically make Will Saves in order to not be taken over by Mother

The Mace returns to The Weilder if Thrown

The Mace may Levitate and Fight on it's own.

Someone could drink from "Mothers Milk". A Milky substance that can be secreted. Restores all HP but no Power. The recipient loses one point of Humanity in exchange for this.

The Mace can restore The Dead. The recipient will return to the living but lose 1/2 their Humanity Score

The Mace can create Matter Constructs that appear to look like Mother of Pearl. See New Rules.
Too much to add to the first page of character sheet but this must be considered as an additional Power for The Captain. Not sure if a weakness also.....

The Mace was destroyed a few adventures back. Mother was not but she is nowhere to be found.....yet.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2015 at 8:15am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #56 - Mar 1st, 2014 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Updated Character Sheet

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #57 - Mar 1st, 2014 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Copying the full description of one of Warlocks Powers below as it will become important moving forward. It seems Humans and Moevians are not all worthy of The Universal Truth and all may not be saved.

Undifferentiated Body: This character has no organs, systems or      anything of note inside their body.  Just as a potato is one solid thing, so is the character. They are made up of some living material but they do not have anything specific inside them of note.  This character seems all human on the outside, but inside they are uniform.  The benefits of this are as follows.  They can not be critically hit.  They will not bleed and loose hits.  They also can not be knocked unconscious by a blow to the head.  The mind is everywhere   now, not just in one central location. This person will not benefit from first aid, or surgery.  They can re grow lost limbs, eyes and such, but such regeneration is slow.   They are also immune to most diseases, bacteria and viruses. But they may be susceptible to unknown ones.   They are in effect, a new and unique species, as different from regular humans as humans are from a protozoa.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #58 - Mar 2nd, 2014 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Due to the fact that our Beloved Captain has seen far too much "Evil" from both Human and Moevian kind it appears he will be forced to limit those He feels can be saved. The Captain will not shun anyone in need but only those beings who can truly understand The Universal Truth will come with Him. (Not sure where He is going exactly)

The Captain recently "Fixed" some incorrect memories that Kid Nemesis had of Him. How could someone actually believe that Our Beloved Captain was something other than what he truly is.

It seems even Moeve appears to not fully understand His true Motivations. He simply needs to do what is best for both Human and Moevian kind.

Of course he is also Lonely. That being said it may be time to make another like Him. Most likely a female version though not completley necessary it would appear better that way. Since He is the only one of His kind on earth that he is aware of and he has the knowledge to Create Meta beings it seems it will be time to use that. Playing on His weakness' she may look very much like Startide. (Frankensteins Monster Syndrome coming into play here)

Magneto and Dr. Doom? Hey, they thought they were doing the right thing too, Right?
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2014 at 10:34am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #59 - Mar 30th, 2014 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Updated Character Sheet.

Too bad Cold Steel is being infected by a Demon Queen, but Hey, at least he lived.

Most recent training in power reduction. He can now boost to his first level at zero power usage. He is now always boosting. Someone is getting a little power crazed.

Note: Made his "Preaching" role for Charisma by 18 points. Gotta gather that following.........

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #60 - Aug 15th, 2014 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Think it is time for The Captain to gather the Flock and give that Flock Meta Powers.

After All, who else better to lead the saving of All Humanity and Moevian kind than Captain Warlock?

Most Sentient Beings are not Evil, just misguided. The Captain is now here to steer them towards the "Truth"

With Mothers Help of course.........

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #61 - Aug 15th, 2014 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Good thing Glare left something behind to deal with this eventuality  Tongue

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #62 - Sep 7th, 2014 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Updated Character Sheet

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #63 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Bumping just in case

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #64 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Updated character sheet. New power. Weaknesses tweaked. TK capacity edited and a few new toys but they won't last.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #65 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Ranger wrote on Jun 11th, 2012 at 10:58pm:
It is indeed a compliment, but I fear I bear poor tidings. It sounds like you might have a medical condition. I've ran across this kind of thing before. Unfortunately there is no cure for an abnormally high number of cthulucytes in your blood stream.

I'm sorry Cry

Ranger,

You have no idea how appropriate this comment you made over three years ago ended up being. I will wait for John to post the story for more detail but this was in fact perfect......

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #66 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Updated Character Sheet

Telekinetic Defense already activated

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus