Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Gary Con Thread (Read 11787 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: The Gary Con Thread
Reply #35 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
I missed it there before.  I've figured out exactly where it is on the MHG forums (page 4 of one thread), as I snagged a bunch of the pictures you and Keyes put out (along with my own) for a DVD, to make it easy for my players to be able to see.  I plan on showing it to them tomorrow when we get together to wrap up In Broad Daylight (and to watch Megamind).

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #36 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Those two preview pics are great, btw.  Not sure why Mad Mimsy is shown in our group shot, though.    Grin

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #37 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Apr 1st, 2011 at 2:20pm:
Those two preview pics are great, btw.  Not sure why Mad Mimsy is shown in our group shot, though.    Grin

That particular counter just happened to be out on the table at the time, and got roped into the shot.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #38 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 2:11am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Apr 1st, 2011 at 9:35pm:
Majestic wrote on Apr 1st, 2011 at 2:20pm:

That particular counter just happened to be out on the table at the time, and got roped into the shot. 

Well, considering her ability to cause males to fall hopelessly in love with her, it's not a big surprise.  You can't tell it from the counters, but I'm sure that group picture has a couple of the Misfits with their arms around her.   Wink

IP Logged

haywire
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #39 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Hey all, Tom here (aka Cornerstone)

The pictures all look fantastic, and the recaps so far read great. Not tyring to be a buzz kill, but can someone tell me what happened after I had to leave?  The last couple things that occured just before I departed were Ghost Machinist dropping his tool box, Avatar diving into the fight with the Destroyers to save Cornerstone, and Cornerstone diving out of the fight with the Destoryers to catch Ghost Machinist tool box (leaving Avatar hanging out to dry).

Did we win? Is Westley really dead? Did Inigo catch up to Count Rugen?  Who kills Humperdinck?

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #40 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 8:28am
Print Post  
haywire wrote on Apr 2nd, 2011 at 11:31pm:

The pictures all look fantastic, and the recaps so far read great. Not tyring to be a buzz kill, but can someone tell me what happened after I had to leave?  The last couple things that occured just before I departed were Ghost Machinist dropping his tool box, Avatar diving into the fight with the Destroyers to save Cornerstone, and Cornerstone diving out of the fight with the Destoryers to catch Ghost Machinist tool box (leaving Avatar hanging out to dry).

Did we win? Is Westley really dead? Did Inigo catch up to Count Rugen?  Who kills Humperdinck?

All in due time my good man, all in due time. Actually I've been working 13-16 hours a day since I got back, and things aren't going to slow down until next weekend. Once I get the time, I'll finish typing up the over views. But, SPOILERS AHEAD - we won.  Wink

YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #41 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
haywire wrote on Apr 2nd, 2011 at 11:31pm:

Great to hear from you, Tom!  You took off before Bill could give you your counter, so if you get a chance, shoot me a PM (to dougred4@gmail.com) with your address and I'll make sure Bill gets it.

There was a lot of angst about that toolbox (we heard it was bad news if it hit the floor), so numerous characters went after it to make sure it didn't hit.  Ghost Machinist was woken up, and others came to the aid of Avatar (Makeshift told some of his team to go to his aid).  We were pretty fortunate that the Destroyers (and the Pickler's kids) didn't really get involved until near the end, as we would have likely been overwhelmed by their sheer numbers.  Iron Maiden was totally out of the fight (I think Ghost Machinist had locked up her armor for good), and Ratman fled down the toilet/portal.  I don't remember Annihilator or Shapeshifter doing much against us, so really it was only Behemoth that was a challenge.

GM brought back the Intercontinental Ballistic Man, and he went toe-to-toe with Bad Moon, who ended up being knocked out three times in the three turn fight!  At the end, Jeff hopped up on his shoulder as well, so the two creators of V&V rode around on their creation together.    Cool

We took down enough of the villains that the few remaining (including a number of the Destroyers) finally gave up, conceding that they did everything under the influence of moondust.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #42 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
What powers did Ghost Machinest have?   Sounds like a cool concept.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #43 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Apr 3rd, 2011 at 7:24pm:
What powers did Ghost Machinest have?   Sounds like a cool concept.

Very cool concept; I would have to agree one of the most fascinating characters there.

Ghost Machinist is a ghost (so Non-Corporealness).  He wields a wrench, but also swings his toolbox at people.  I understand he has a Disintegration Ray, but that it only works at HTH range (1")(perhaps some form of extoplasm?).  He has Cyberpathy (I think it works as Transmutation with machines), such that he can instantaneously control or shut down electronics, machinery, and the like.  He shut off the communicators for all of the Misfits (when we were fighting), but instantly switched them back on when he realized we were all under the influence of moondust).  He 'froze' Iron Maiden's armor, and later 'persuaded' ICBM to fight on our side.

His tool box contains a bunch of tools with Bablyonian symbols on them; I understand each one is a demon.

His backstory is that he was a repairman who did a shoddy job for people (so he would get called back and get more work).  His wife and child were killed (he might have been killed in the same accident); I think it was a faulty elevator he had worked on.  He was sent back to atone for his misdeeds...
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2011 at 1:14pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #44 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 12:28am
Print Post  
You know between Avatar and Ghost Machinist having demons in their origin stories and BC;s character actually being a demon, We had a whole lot of hell flying around the storyboards

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #45 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Ranger wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 12:28am:
You know between Avatar and Ghost Machinist having demons in their origin stories and BC;s character actually being a demon, We had a whole lot of hell flying around the storyboards

Yes, if the two teams combined, we'd probably call them the Hellions.    Wink

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #46 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Ghost Machinist does indeed sound really cool.

If it's not fun, we're not doing it right.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #47 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:37am
Print Post  
I'm bumping this up, as someone asked be about his. I also really should finish Polarity's interview.  Cheesy

YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools

>