Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Black Jack (Read 7103 times)
THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Black Jack
Apr 10th, 2011 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
  I was raised at The Saint Jude Orphanage in Brooklyn. Not such a bad place to grow up when you have no one else to care for you. I stayed to myself mostly, I made one friend when I first arrived there. He was adopted eventually, I wasn't, It hurt. So I simply stopped making friends with other children.

I did however spend most of my free time bothering the School Engineer. I would constantly pester him to learn things about repairing the building and the grounds. In turn he would constantly tell me I was annoying and none too bright but eventually began to show me things. When I was eighteen and able to be on my own I decided to stay on as the School Handyman, my one and only friend was getting older and decided he could use some help.

Ten years later my friend died. His name was Roy and he was a Good Man. I miss him still. After that I moved to Manhattan. With a little luck I was able to land a job as a building super in small apartment complex on the upper east side. One day while changing a light fixture I took a tumble off the ladder and hit the tenants living room floor face first. The fall wasn't so bad but being that low to the ground gave me a good look at what was under the couch. A very large bag of Cocaine. The tenants figured it out as fast as I did. I never remember getting up from the floor. The two of them beat me pretty badly and left me for dead somewhere.

Someone must have found me and took pity because I woke up in a homeless shelter. I hurt like Hell but I was alive and bandaged up. In the shadows I heard of voice, never saw a face but I could hear his voice. He told me there were others like me, those who have been wronged all the while just wanting to help others. He gave me a card with an address on it in the Bronx. He told me he was The Raven. He told me he understood.

I made my way eventually to The Dojo in the Bronx. Curtis Simpson was a good man and a good mentor. He knew how I came to him and what I wanted to do with my life. I had nothing you see, no I.D., no money and no one that cared. It was as if I never existed. That was probably for the best now that I look back on it.

Curtis may have been a good man and a good teacher but he was also hard on me. He taught me but he made sure the lessons hurt. There were no Illusions about what the future was going to bring. It was going to bring pain and suffering but it was the sacrifice we chose to make. Yes, we. I was certainly not the only one being trained by Curtis.

During my time it was also time for John Q. Public and The Scrapper as they called themselves. They each had their own stories as to why they were there and that's not my place to tell it for them. One thing I will say is that Public was one of the most frightening people I have ever met. Not in any outward sense. I just think he stopped caring about things at some point in his past and that can make you a very, very dangerous man.

Eventually the three of us hit the streets. What we did to the Rodriguez brothers back then made me sick to my stomach, now it wouldn't even phase me. Later on we moved up the food chain and did our best to take out The Frog and his ring. We were able to get him brought up on a few small charges in Atlantic City but nothing major. His lawyer is actually the one person who may even scare Public. She's rough. At least his activities have been brought out in the public eye and that should have a negative effect on him.

That was then and now things are a bit different. After the work we did in Atlantic City we were approached by some nice Government officials. It seems we had been recruited. I was not in any position to say no and I got a dorm room and salary for what I knew was now my new career. Short lived as it might be.

Two weeks ago Curtis was severely beaten and hospitalized after trying to chase down a killer in the subway systems of New York. I couldn't do much to help him but I could help try and stop the animal in the subways. You see this man was a killer and a cannibal too. Several children were missing in the area.

My first attempt to find him left me with a severely damaged leg, he left a bear trap open in the tunnels. Luckily it seemed I had back up following me that I was not aware of. Agent Johnny Peril. The second time however was the charm. He was very good and I was very lucky. Lucky that collar of my gel jacket went up high enough to keep the garrotte from killing me instantly. He was less lucky when I reached around my gel jacket and fired point blank into his stomach several times. I don't like guns and I don't normally use them but sometimes you have to do things you don't like.

I called in for back up afterward. He was still alive when I left him with The Agents. I heard the gunshots behind me as I was walking away. I might as well have killed him myself. It was all the same, less law and more Justice. At least the kids were safe now.

Now I am an Agent for a Dark side of the Government. My name is Jon Deacon, some people call me Black Jack. When I was a kid I wanted to grow up to be a White Knight, defending the weak and righting all the wrongs.

I wanted to be a White Knight but instead I ended up being a Black Pawn. Someday that's going to change.
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2011 at 8:26pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: Black Jack
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Cool,   I was sad this was one of the posts I couldn't recover from the old forum.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
So now it is updated with more story than the old one. More material makes the better story.

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
I have no clue of his powers or what kind of campaign he's suppose to be in but ... that was an excellent story and really drew you in the character. Excellent work Oni

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Yes, very nice write-up, Oni!

Did you make all of it up, or was any of that backstory stuff that your actually role-played (with John or anyone else)?

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Thanks. The beginning and the end are mine and the middle is from Adventures. I did not post his sheet as I have to re write it. As far as powers he does not have any. He is from John's non powered Vigilante scenario he runs. Like I said before in another post it can really be enjoyable playing a non powered character. Gets you deep into the storyline. And John Q. Public really did scare me. That is Marshal Strongs character.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #6 - May 7th, 2011 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
  It had been nearly three months since I last saw Curtis.

When I entered his Bronx Dojo it was immediately apparent that he had not fully recovered from his last altercation and subsequent hospitalization. The reality of it was that he had almost died trying to stop a madman in the New York subways. He appeared to be mastering the ability to walk with a cane. I had to wonder to myself if he had also been training to fight with it. It wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Eventually Public showed up in his normal street clothes and he was soon followed by a Behemoth of a man I had never seen before. I shook hands with Public and introduced myself to the gentleman we will simply call Brawler. After confirming that none of my fingers were broken from his vise like handshake we got down to business.

It seemed that Curtis' original apprentice, Black Mariah, had put a call out to all willing participants to join her in Miami. I honestly don't know exactly how many students Curtis has had over the years or how many were still six feet above ground but at least the three of us were about to take a trip South.

We took rotations driving Publics vehicle being very careful to watch out for each other. The last thing we needed was to be pulled over somewhere down south with a trunk full of toys we didn't want to share with anyone else. At least not in a nice way. Eventually we rolled into a Motel Six and set ourselves up in three separate small rooms. I guess we could have shared but to be honest, Public snores and I have no idea what habits Brawler has yet. I wasn't interested in finding out either.

Sometime during the night it seems Public got a visit from Black Mariah. She passed on our instructions for a time and place to meet and in the meantime we played the waiting game. I stayed in my room with the Good Book on my lap and my feet on the bed while something caught Brawlers and Publics attention in the final room in the hall. The two of them were whispering to themselves and I did not make out what they were saying. They both had their ears to the wall of the adjoining Hotel Room. Suddenly John Q. said " I can't stand to see a woman suffering" and proceeded to walk out of the room. I didn't follow him. If he needed help he would have asked and he is not the type to either need help or ask so I continued with my reading.

After about thirty seconds he came back into the room and shut the door. He looked at me and simply said " A man's got a right to whip himself you know."

« Last Edit: May 7th, 2011 at 5:10pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #7 - May 7th, 2011 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
I totally forgot what JQP had said after our first encounter with Penance. It's interesting to read the perspectives of other characters after posting my own. I wish the others would post more stuff like we do. It makes the game more interesting to me

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #8 - May 27th, 2011 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Black Jack by AMG. I'll get it fixed as a link from my photobucket account so it takes up less "Space".

« Last Edit: May 27th, 2011 at 9:16pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

AMG
Sidekick

revenge wears no wrist
watch...

Reply #9 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
I like the story big time.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #10 - Nov 23rd, 2012 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
It all started about three weeks ago. The Killings, The Chase, The Body, The Investigation. The Prince.

I'm not going to get into all the details at this time. You can see those if you pull out Sally Niles File on what happened. If you have the clearance of course that is. I'll start towards the end and what happened to me and what happened after the End if that makes any sense.

Public and I finally got ourselves in gear and headed towards the Scott family residence. It was a beautiful place in the White Plains area of Westchester. The two of us staked it out and waited for all the guests to arrive before we scaled the walls, crawled on our bellies and cut the power to the inside and out. That seemed to get the attention of the private security. They were difficult but we were on a mission and nothing was going to stop us at this point. Nothing.

We took out the outside Security and worked our way through the house taking out anyone else who got in our way. Once the last Security Agent was taken out in the Security room we started to sweep through the house with the cameras. That's when I saw it.

The basement camera showed a group of about twenty individuals Fornicating there. They formed a rough circle around three others. There were two adults dressed in black robes but there was one more. The third was a dismembered body. Torso and screaming head with no eyes. I cried.

I cried but I couldn't wait and when I started I couldn't stop. it was the body of a child and it was still screaming.

We broke down the basement door and I could hear the child screaming in Latin. Mr. Scott was screaming at the poor thing "Tell me what you saw!!!" over and over. The poor Child could only reply "I cannot, I cannot".

They were all in a circle with candles and symbols I did not understand. At least not then anyway.

There was no time to think. it did not really matter since I had decided what to do the moment I saw it all on the monitor. I put one Bullet in the Childs head. I had to put him out of his misery. I already knew the child was gone. it was not a Child I was killing but something else. I put two Bullets in Scott too but not to kill him. Not yet.

Public took out Mrs. Scott in similar fashion. I wasn't looking. The rest of the hideous mass of writhing bodies ran for the door. We stopped them, went up the stairs and locked the door from the outside. there would be no escape for any of them. Not for what they did. There would be No Escape for an Eternity. We burned there living bodies. Let Satan scorch their undying Souls. What we did that night is not worth remembering but I have to.

I made my call to Patrick Miller. We had to get out. The car picked us up quickly and got us back to an unknown safe house. Sally Nile arrived a few hours later. After many hours of repeating the entire story she let us go. What else was there really to say. Public and my story did not match perfectly but with that type of insanity, how could it possibly have?

As I opened the door to leave the safe house it happened. Everything turned White. It wasn't blinding and for some reason I could still see everything clearly.

That's when they came. The Angels. They guided me back to the Orphanage of St Jude’s where I grew up. They Guided me back to the Chapel where I used to pray. They showed me the Secret of the symbols in the Halo around St. Jerome. They taught me many things in those three days. They gave me many gifts.

But the Greatest Gift was they told me I had been forgiven. Forgiven for my Sins. Not just the ones I had committed but all the ones I would commit. I was granted Eternal Forgiveness. For a moment I wished Public was with me. I still pray for him twice Daily.

On the Final day as the Angels left One turned to me before leaving. He never spoke. None of them had ever spoken yet somehow they taught me all those days. He simply smiled at me and it was beyond Beautiful. I like to think this was The Angel I set free from the Circle. At least it's some kind of feeling I got.

You see it wasn't a Child that had been trapped in that foul Circle. It was an Angel of The Lord they had trapped. An Angel that would not give up the Secrets of Heaven.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #11 - Nov 24th, 2012 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Black Jack
Identity: Jon Deacon                            Level:7 (+3-3)
Side: Vigilantes                               Sex: Male
Age: 35                                                  Training:Endurance
Experience:31,704                             Occupation: Agent/Vigilante
Skills:                                                   Clearance: 7      

Religion- Christianity
Oration
Stealth
Dodge x4 -7 To Be Hit(-12 Total)
Tumble
Gambling
Handy Man
Escrima x4 +5 To Hit
Lock Picking
Leadership
Crime
Armor use (Gel Jacket)
Contacts: Local Bronx Businesses
Contacts: Local Bronx Police Precinct
Martial Arts X3 +2 -2

Weight: 200             Basic Hits: 4            Agility Mod: NA
Strength:15                                           Intelligence:15
Endurance:19                                       Agility:15
Charisma:15                                         Will:15
Hit Mods:(1.6)x(2.2)x(1.2)x(1.2)x(1.6)=8.11        Hits:32
Healing:2                                             Power:79
Inventing:1.2  45%                                        Movement:49
Carrying:528                                           HTH:1D8
Damage Mod:+1+1+1=+3                                   Accuracy:+2+2=+4
Det. Hidden:19%                                      Det. Danger:23%
Height:6’1”                                               Wealth:8
Humanity 10
Stuff:
Escrima Sticks (improved) +3 1D8 Dam +15 To Hit Total
Night Vision Goggles
Medium Jell Jacket 26 ADR -2 to Reaction
Chess Suit w/Communicator and ID
Motor Cycle
2 Semi Auto Pistols w/Traceable Bullets
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2019 at 12:31pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #12 - Aug 22nd, 2013 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Bumping this up for Friday so I remember to print the Character sheet. Black Jack seesm to be getting just a little odd.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #13 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Forgive Me Father For I Have Sinned.

My last confession was on the first day of The White Event. That was as we know the day the Angels came down and healed the sick and returned the missing to their homes. That was the day I confessed directly to the Angels. They forgave me and showed me so many things. I don't remember most of them now but I think I will when I need to.

Yesterday I tried to kill a Man. More of a Man Child you see. He is a killer and they call Him The Prince. He has murdered Hundreds that I know of and I do not know how many others.

The moment I saw him I drew my pistols and fired. It was as if someone or something had taken me over for those brief seconds. I tried to kill him and I failed. It's not my place to judge, I just tried to hasten him to his Judgement.

I'm just not sure which was the worse Sin Father. The fact that I tried to Kill Him, or the fact that I Failed.

If you don't mind I'm going to go out and light a few candles for my Friend John Q. He could use all the Help he can get too.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #14 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Updated Character Sheet. Hmanity of 10 now? A little Feedback on that one.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #15 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
I think that is good for him right now.  He wants to be good, but expediency gets in the way.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #16 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Bump for tonight.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #17 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 10:55am
Print Post  
  Updated Character sheet. There were actually a fair amount of errors from when I did not update before.

May not matter as he is currently sitting in a burning car with zero hits and 56 power

Seems some nice Vigilante put some C4 under the hood.

Boom, but I'll wait till John updates the story.

No worries Kids!! John Q Public was hurt to but at least he was blown from the car!!!

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #18 - May 22nd, 2016 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Updated Character Sheet

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's