Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The Public Eye (Read 6199 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

The Public Eye
Jan 8th, 2012 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
  I first become interested in the Public Eye in April.  I was shown his blog by a friend. He thought it was a blast.  There was something in his ramblings, the close up of the unblinking eye, the hint of menance, and the touch of knowing that just, I don't know, drew me in.  I waited, impatiently for his next post.  The lists of seemingly unrelated events; the gas main bursts, the lottery numbers,  the plane crashes.  He draws dotted lines to all these events.  And they all seem to point to what he calls "the Shadow Conspiracy".  I have to admit, I laughed at first.  But his voice, so compelling.  the way his eye never moves,  never blinks.   I have to say,  I get the shivers.  I did some research and I believe I have dug up some dirt on the Public Eye.  I know this is not regular "hard boiled news" but I think the people would like to know more about this mysterious vigilante. 

Eye was not always Eye.  Eye used to be I.  That was when I was a child.  With child's hands. Innocent.  Back when father loved I. Then I became Eye.   I crawled out of the cave and became Eye.  I saw, and I became Eye.
Mother, she loved I. She never met Eye.  Eye never met mother.  Mother was away.  Father told I that Mother was sad.  So sad that I never saw her anymore.  I tried not to cry, but I was weak. 

I heard noises and I rose from my bed.  I saw Father and not Mother.  She had no clothes and was flabby and gross.  I tried to cover my eye with my child's hands, but they were too small.  Still innocent.  She screamed when she saw I.   Father yelled and hit I. Father had big hands, hard, rough, far from innocent. I fell and went to sleep. 

I was not Eye yet.  I was still in the cave.   Yet, I could see  the light from outside.   I climbed up, up, up.  I was near the exit when I saw Father.  He was Osiris on his throne.  I bowed to Father Osiris.  Father pulled me from the cave and opened my Eye.  Eye was now Eye.   

Eye looked for mother.  Eye could not see her.  Eye was out of the cave.   Eye saw it all.   Eye saw what people do when they think no one can see.  But Eye sees all.   Eye sees the pattern.
Eye walked back to the cave, but Eye didn’t fear the dark.   Eye opened my Eye and Eye  saw the people, chewing, burping, farting, fucking all while in the cave.  Only Eye knows that there is a way out of the cave.  Only Eye can lead them to it.  Only Eye is loved by Father Osiris. Eye looks at Eye's hands and they are now big, rough, and no longer innocent.

Eye have a job to do.  And Eye will do it.

I must have watched that segment over a thousand times.  Some would call it the ramblings of a crazy man.  But I believe this Public Eye is trying to tells us who he is, and why he does this.  I am not saying he is not insane.  I am saying that he has his own logic. He created his own mythology. 

I think he is Ephraim Salt.   You know the Coma Boy.  Remember him?  Think back to the early 80's.  Remember the boy who fell down the stairs and lapsed into a coma?   He was giving an experimental drug.  The drug was supposed to rouse him from his coma by increasing the REM cycles and jump start his brain.  Instead he woke screaming and had to be institutionalized.   His parents sued and took Pharmacon for millions.   

Salt was later let go and his parents set him up in a small one bedroom apartment while they split up.   Patty Salt died from a drug overdoes, while Obed Salt was murdered in what was thought to be a fight over dice. 

I believe this due to clues in the narrative.    Ephraim's mother was hospitalized many times due to failed suicide attempts.  Ephraim's dad played around.   Could he have hit young Ephraim when he walked in on him with one of his many floozies?  Is that what caused him to fall down the stairs?

The narrative seems to support this.  Could this cave he was in be a reference to Plato's cave?  Could the drug have caused him to some how see beyond reality?   Some how in his dream state could this drug gave him some sort of alertness?   

And Osiris,  the glyph for him in the ancient Egyptian is an eye over a throne.  The name Osiris literally means "eye throne."    Of course the young Ephraim would see his father as Osiris, sitting on a throne. What young boy wouldn't?

The dates match up.  When Ephraim Salt finally was released from his institution his mother was already dead.   His father already murdered.  The money gone.  Could Pharmacon have wacked them and taken back the money?  Obed did withdraw a fortune the day before he died?

Edie, you can not possibly expect us to pursue this?  You practically accuse one of the largest corporations in the world of not only using a child as a guinea pig, but of double homicide.   

And besides,  we scoured the internet looking for anything on the Public Eye.  All we could find are some news items talking about some particularly violent vigilante. That is all.   This blog clip you provided  is all that exists to support your claim.   I don't know if you are tying to pull our leg, or if you are working to hard, but we do see that you have talent, and some genuine pep.   All is not lost,  we have contacted your agent and as we speak, we are setting up a guest shot for you on the View.  Now if you would just put this ridiculous Public Eye story in the trash where it belongs we can perhaps make this more than just a temporary thing...
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2014 at 1:03am by John »  

The_Public_Eye.doc ( 25 KB | 62 Downloads )

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: The Public Eye
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
His first invention.

The Custome Eyes:   A ball camera that looks  like a webcam.  It has a built in gyro stabilizer so it rolls and always takes steady pictures.  It has two lenses, one for close cropped video and the other for wide more panoramic views.
     It has a hard storage for video and sound and a wireless that transmits to the Public Eye's HQ.  Both are in use so that if one fails, the other still works.
     On the Public Eye's belt buckle and sewn into the back of his jacket are two small sensors so the Custom Eye will aways know what direction to film.
      After the recording is done,   the Public Eye scoops them up and then edits the video for his blog report, which will then probably be made fun of by frat boys.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2012 at 10:03am
Print Post  
  You enter your office at the Aegis Corporation promptly at 8:15am Monday morning. Early enough to check the Internet for News updates but not early enough to draw additional attention to yourself.

It's been a busy weekend. After all your research you have finally been able to trace everything back to the earliest stages of a stable Norwegian Government. Lactose Intollerance. Everything points to them. Now the real question is Why??

You check the Internet. The Knicks beat the Miami Heat last night in an Upset. The Garden was sold out but 47 seats were still Empty. Interesting. The Ultimate Foundation will be holding their annual Gala this Saturday night. You won't be there. Todays temerature will be eight degrees higher than the average for this day in History. Hidden meanings everywhere.

You pull out a slim metal 8"x11" plate from your top left desk drawer and place it between the top sheet of your notepad and the others below and begin your day. As you reach for one of your perfectly sharpened pencils you notice the tip is slighlty broken. Functional but cracked just at the point. All seven of you pencils were sharpened as you normally do prior to leaving the night before. Things are not as they should be.

There is more here than meets the Eye.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2012 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Since you mentioned Him I had to Bump Him up

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2012 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
  The truth is out there like a  spider.  She tries to trap you in her sticky strands.  Eye must perseveer,  dance on the webs, never stay too long on one strand. Eye must cause them to vibrate and free the others, trapped liked flies before the truth sucks them dry.
   All the webs lead us to the Truth Spider.  That much Eye know.
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2015 at 1:09pm by John »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2012 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
  Following up our Top Story from last night's building fire.

It seems the Building was owned by The City after the former owner was unable to pay his taxes. The Building was posted for sale and the current Bidders Included both The Ultimate Foundation and The Aegis Corporation as well as several others. What either of these groups had in mind for the property was not published however.

A typed note along with a Drawing of an individual who seems to match the description of a man found Murdered several blocks away from the Building reached City Police head Quarters earlier today. The letter seemed to indicate the individual found Murdered was responsible for the Fire. Both Police and Fire Arson experts have been investigating the scene of the Fire and the originator of the Letter and Drawing.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 8:04am
Print Post  
The character sheet does not open.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #7 - Nov 8th, 2014 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Can you re load the character sheet?

Had some ideas but I cannot remember his powers. Wiil Power, Heightened Intelligence?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #8 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 10:58am
Print Post  
I edited the first post in this thread to reflect the new and improved Public Eye.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #9 - Feb 14th, 2015 at 12:30am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #10 - Feb 14th, 2015 at 6:46am
Print Post  
Is the public eye a real blog?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #11 - Feb 14th, 2015 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Feb 14th, 2015 at 6:46am:
Is the public eye a real blog?

I read it a few times, but it seems to be gone now. Even the caches of it are wiped. 

I just googled his old news clips. They are gone. And when I called the station to ask about this I was put on hold. I heard some quite whisperings on the line.  It's odd...

Hold on, there is someone at the door...

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #12 - Feb 14th, 2015 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
From Pattie  Deboer 
Human Resources.

In response to your email about Mr. Salt, the short answer is yes.   You can fire him.   The long answer is,  yes you can fire him but you will be subjecting the company to a huge lawsuit if you do.    You have stated, in writing I may stress, that Mr. Salt is excellent at his job, is never late, and never takes days off.   So the only reason you would be firing the man, a man with noted psychological handicaps, Asperger's Being the one that comes to mind first, and OCD being the second, is that he gives you the willies.      I looked it up in the book, and as of yet, the willies are not a legal reason for termination.

While I realize that "odd stares" and "horrible interpersonal skills" are valid criticisms, its not enough to terminate an employee with a record as good as Mr. Salt's.

If you recall it was Mr. Salt's peculiar "Method" that saved the company's data after that psycho villain Hackjob compromised our computers.    I think you can put up with him busting your tall tales about your weekend "conquests" and how much you made in Las Vegas, ok? 

And Mr. Salt's odd journal of with nothing but Eyeballs and Capital I's is none of your business.   I find your stance on him bizarre.  You can't stand him, but you seem to be upset that he sits in his room during lunch and writes in his unique cipher. 

I would like you to talk to a councilor on Fridays after lunch, and maybe we can have a group session with you, Mr. Salt, and myself and see if we can hug this out.

Have a good day.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #13 - Feb 14th, 2015 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Mrs. Deboer,

I appreciate your quick response as well as the Corporations situation. I have already received the "Invitation" in my Outlook Calendar from  Ms. Ingrid Lok for next Friday. It seems her schedule is quite full due to the recent tragedy involving Collin McDermott.

If I recall Mrs. Deboer you yourself transferred here from the Chicago office three months after Mr. Salt was hired.

Obviously you have never met the man.

Regards,

Anthony Franks
I.T. Supervisor
Aegis Corporation

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #14 - Feb 14th, 2015 at 1:49pm
Print Post  

Ruby  Childs
Office of Social Services

As you know I have been Mr. Salt's caseworker since his release from the  St. Jerome  House Care Facility.    I met the client at 11:45  Sunday, as per our schedule.  I know how adamant the client can be about punctuality. 

He is not improving.  If fact, I think he is getting worse.  His studio is cluttered, but with stacks of papers and yellow, blue and red lines of yarn going from here to there across the place in some sort of "pattern."  He tried to explain it to me, but once he started mentioning chemtrails, and the vast shadow conspiracy, just stopped listening.

I noted that he still keeps his journal. If a journal is what you would call a book with eyeballs and the letter I written  in some sort of crazy pattern.

He has been working on something electronic.   I assume its work related.  The people at the Aegis Corp rave about him.  They say he is some sort of miracle worker when it comes to gizmos.  Its good to see he has finally made a connection with something real, even if its not alive.   

So we don't have to worry about him being homeless, so there is that.

His place looks like some sort of spider's parlor.  And he walks about the place gingerly as if he is trying not to disturb the lines.   He still acts like I am bothering him, somethings never change.

I will still say that he is no threat to himself or to anyone.   I hope this remains so, as its my last field visit.   I am handing in my retirement papers.   Frank and I will be retiring to Costa Rica this April.

I told Ephraim that, as I always find it hard to talk to him, so I nervously gave out that information to fill an uncomfortable lull.   He smiled. 

It frightened me.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #15 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
The part of The Public Eye will be played by Jeffrey Allen Combs

Ok maybe not but that is how I picture him

« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2015 at 9:08pm by THE ONI »  

eacb1a51f019170557170d713f1213c5.jpg ( 60 KB | 29 Downloads )
eacb1a51f019170557170d713f1213c5.jpg

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #16 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Works for me.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #17 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Hey Oni,

Just caught the latest post from that Public Eye web blog.   

Who am Eye?  Eye am  static.  Eye know too much.  They launched their first attack against the Public Eye.  Eye am limber, I will persevere.   Tug the webs, shake the strands, and shake loose what is not true.   What remains is the Conspiracy.
Eye cannot name names. They came for I, but Eye will strike back.  Their eyes cannot see Eye.  Eye made sure of that.
She did not lie to Eye.  Eye am perplexed.  Is she one of them?  Is she a pawn?  Does she do their work, struggle in their hive, not knowing about the full extent of the hive?  Eye am perplexed.  She did not lie.

Eye have opened my lid.  Eye have adjusted to the dark.  Eye will not blink.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #18 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Wow,  right after that post,   it was deleted.   Its a good thing I got it when I did.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #19 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 8:19am
Print Post  
Edie,

I told you not to get involved with this. Seems you are too busy reading blogs that you are missing the real news. Looks like two incidents from last night might be connected.

The police brought in a severely beaten man to Kings County Hospital last night. He had no ID and snuck out of the hospital last night at some point. In the same facility some nut job wearing an eye mask, poncho and what can only be described as Chuck Norris Action Pants scared the living daylights out of a nurse at the admissions desk by appearing out of nowhere asking about the unknown victim.

Get this. The security cameras could not pick him up. All they got was a silhouette of static entering the building and walking the halls. Seems like he made a bathroom stop too.

Wanna guess they are linked????

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #20 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Bump

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #21 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
It still amazes me how old some of these posts are. Time is flying by!

This one was 6 years ago, damn!

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #22 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Damn. I really owe John an adventure. Luckily I have one in the works  Smiley

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #23 - May 2nd, 2020 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Bumping this since the story is so awesome. I will add what Ephraim Salt has been the last few years. What The Public Eye has been doing remains a mystery

IP Logged

>