Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Ravenswood (Read 49209 times)
THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: The Ravenswood
Reply #140 - Apr 12th, 2014 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Silver Steel

This rare and expensive Metal is harder than Steel and much lighter. It is sometimes found in Silver Mines and is often mistaken for Silver until one tries to work it. It will not melt under normal flame and Troll Blacksmiths seem to have been one of the few individuals who are able to work this metal.

Sadly, no one has seen a Troll in hundreds of years so no new items have been created.

It is said that The Sword of Istria which is held by King Uriens is made of Silver Steel.

It was also said they lost Armor and Shield of the famous Knight known as The Silver Dragon was also forged of this priceless metal.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #141 - Apr 17th, 2014 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Sgt Crux

« Last Edit: May 4th, 2014 at 11:00am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #142 - Apr 17th, 2014 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Corporal Roob

« Last Edit: May 4th, 2014 at 11:00am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #143 - Apr 17th, 2014 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Brother Caradoc

Though most Priets and Clerics will pay particular Homage to one of the fifteen Gods it is also noted that they will acknowledge all the fifteen Gods exisitence and influence on Man. In some cases a Priest may spend their Lifetime devoted to all the Gods, with the possible exception to the Nameless One or The New God of Truth. This however does not mean they are not educated in the two's Beliefs.

Brother Caradoc is one such Theologian.

Caradoc is a tall man in his early thirties who has spent his lifetime studying various facets of all the Gods. He currently resides in The Storm Towers where his main function is to perfrom various religous rites as they pertain to each of the Gods as well as act as a Healer and Scribe.

Updated
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2014 at 9:44am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #144 - Apr 17th, 2014 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Sir Gildas The Silver Dragon

The current Dukedon known as Sarloos was once a small kingdom in it's own right. The Kingdom was established by individuals who travelled from the East and settled in the south eastern portion of what is now Istria. Some two hundred years ago relations between the Kingoms of Istria and Sarloos became strained. The exact cause of this has been lost but most believe it was Istria's jealousy of the vast wealth of Silver mines located in Sarloos. Quite simply Greed.

This strife eventually turned to open warfare between the two Kingdoms. Gildas was the third son of the King of Sarloos. The young Prince was never given any Military Title though he did form a  Militant band who would rove the countyside defending the people of Sarloos. It is rumored he also had on occassion defended Istrian settlers who had been set upon unjustly by Sarloosian troops.

The band came to be known as The Silver Dragons. It was said that Sir Gildas wore Plate mail made of Silver Steel and his Shield Device was a Silver Dragon over a Field of Deep Blue. The stories say this armor and shield were the last items forged by the Troll Smiths before they disappeared into their mountain homelands.

The war lasted seven years and ended when an accord was settled on where the Kingdom of Sarloos was anexed into the Kingdom of Istria as a Dukedom. Sir Gildas swore fealty to the Istrian Crown and his exploits are the stuff of Legend now. He and his Order of The Silver Dragon served Istria for the next thirty five years. After Sir Gildas' death at the age of sixty the Order of The Silver Dragon was disbanded. His Armor and Shield were lost though it is rumored to have been stolen by one of the Order.

Updated 
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2014 at 10:50am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #145 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Updated Florian DeCola.

If Mike does not remember this is his Character since it has been so long and he has not been used as of yet.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #146 - Apr 30th, 2014 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Priests of The Fifteen

Not all Priests are Clerics but all Clerics are Priests to some degree. Consider the Cleric as a job description for a traveling Priest.

Some Priests may be able to cast Spells and others not. Some are true Wizards and some have no talent at all. The Priesthood is a calling for most and they serve their God with the abilities they have. Many people believe all Priests have "Magic" abilities to heal. This is not correct though all Priests are trained as Healers since it is part of all the Gods callings. No Godling may Unmake Life.

Some Priests are actual Sorcerers but it takes a high level of intelligence to see if the Priests purpose is in tune with their Gods and a tremendous amount of Faith(Will) to proceed after that determination is made. It is dangerous but if the God favors the Priest their efforts will work.

There are also many who work for the Clergy who are not Priests. Too many functions to mention but consider any function it would take to run such huge organizations.

There are most assuredly Priests of the Nameless one also. The worst of these are the ones who were former Priest of another one of the Gods and have been "Turned".

« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2014 at 9:46pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #147 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:11am
Print Post  
Gilden Long Sleeves

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #148 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:11am
Print Post  
Anduin Storm Warden

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #149 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:12am
Print Post  
Reif Archer

Leader of The Hoods
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2015 at 11:43am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #150 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:13am
Print Post  
King Uriens

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #151 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:13am
Print Post  
Crown Prince Aidan

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #152 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:14am
Print Post  
The Princess Estrella
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2014 at 7:14am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #153 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Sir Edgarton

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #154 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Chancellor Briard

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #155 - May 4th, 2014 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Catalan Drake,Duke of Sarloos, " The Silver Duke"
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2014 at 11:08am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #156 - May 4th, 2014 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Bernard Adelburn, Duke of The Iron Lands, " The Iron Duke"

« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2015 at 9:27pm by THE ONI »  

Brian_Blessed__Henry_V__1989_.jpg ( 6 KB | 10 Downloads )
Brian_Blessed__Henry_V__1989_.jpg

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #157 - May 4th, 2014 at 11:16am
Print Post  
The Lady Lucretia, Hand Maiden to Princess Estrella
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2014 at 11:17am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #158 - May 4th, 2014 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Viscount Ambrose Dulaney

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #159 - May 4th, 2014 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Denna, A Ten Year Old Blonde Girl

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #160 - May 4th, 2014 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Brocas The Huntsman

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #161 - May 6th, 2014 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Utgard Stone Breaker

A powerfully built Dwarf in service to Catalan Drake.

Utgard runs the Silver Mining Operations throughout Sarloos.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #162 - May 18th, 2014 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Life Expectancy in The Realm.

Keep in mind that the average Istrian may live to about 60 years old. At mid life a PC may meet a 4th level Blacksmith on average. 30 years old

Why are the Elves and Dwarves that someone may come across looked at as more Powerful? They are higher level in most cases. Dwarves live about 5 times  that of Humans and Elves about 10 times that of Humans. The average Dwarf may be about 150 years old when a PC encounters them and the average Elf may be about 300 years Old.

Though it is rare for anyone to meet and Elf or Dwarf you may meet a 10th level Dwarven Giant Slayer or a 14th level Elven Archer one day. Of course they may be much younger also as the Races Mature at about half the rate  of Humans also so meeting a 35 year old Dwarf or Elf is also not impossible.

Just some food for thought. I have also edited both races bonuses for character stats as I had them too low.
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2014 at 11:53am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #163 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Ancient Hearth Trees:

It is the Lucky and sometimes experienced Traveller who comes upon one of these Gaint Evergreens in their travels. A Hearth tree is somewhat of a misnomer yet that is the name that has stuck over the years. These Huge Evergreen Trees may be found in both heavily forested areas as well as lighter areas.

They grow hundreds of feet tall and some are well over a thousand years old. These Giants have branches that reach as far out as 30 feet from the trunk before beginning to turn downward. As the tree Matures the trunk continues to grow in both height and girth and the lowest branches may start roughly ten feet from the ground in a young mature tree. This tends to form a large dome on the bottom area which travellers use for layers of shelter.

Some of the very old trees have "Ceilings" as high as sixty feet with a two hundred foot circumference. These Goliaths are mostly found in the Easterm Woods.

The term Hearth Tree comes from the Green Phosporescent Moss that tends to attach itself to the tree trunk. Though it gives off no heat this moss does give off enough light to see in the center of the circle of branches and beyond. Some are also found with heavy mushrooms under the tree and from the trunk which the experienced traveller and sometimes even permananet settlers have used for tables, chairs and makeshift shelves.

Eastern Elves have been known to plant such trees outside of their own forests and monitor and nuture  them over the years to ensure they have shelter in those rare times of travel.

« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2014 at 10:47am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #164 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Florian DeCola

The individual who would one day grow up to be named Florian DeCola was born the son of a Common Istrian Whore and an unknown father. At the age of ten he witnessed the murder of His Mother to a client who had an unfortunate issue of "lack of performance". This indivdual was the son of a wealthy merchant. Exactly one month later the young ten year old boy snuck into the home of the wealthy merchant and proceeded to hide himself in the bed chambers of the murderer. That evening upon his return the boy to be named Florian waited for the merchants son to fall into a drunken slumber. Once he was sound asleep Florian DeCola crept next to his bed and slit the throat of the murderer.

The merchant accused the boy as it was assumed the only one who would go to such lengths must be a greiving family member. The High Lord Chancellor himself chose to hear this case. It was determined that Florian was found Guilty. It was also determined that the merchants son was found guilty of murder. The penalty for the murder of the whore was Death. This punishment, Chancellor Briard noted, was already executed by the boy.

Young Florian however had no such rights to execute this sentence so instead he was remanded to life custody in service of Chancellor Briard for his crimes.

As an adult Florian Decola now acts in the permanent service to the Crown and was given the Title of Squire, the lowest form of royalty. Florian works directly for Chancellor Briard and has been trained to perform certain royal functions such as Emissary as well as one of the many pairs of eyes and ears for the Crown.

Florian DeCola is a Thief and a Murderer and is liscensed to be such though this is not known to the general public. He is also a well trained artist.

Edited and Bumped for Mike
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2015 at 12:01pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #165 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
The Storm Duke

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #166 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
The Duke of Wardens
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:47pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #167 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
The Sea Duke
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:48pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #168 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
I love the Hearth Trees.  I tried to incorporate something like that years ago when we played a lot of D&D in Stonybrook.

The wood elves would make Talans, which were tree houses with spiral stairs.  Oddly enough,  what I pictured and described was very close to what they showed in the Hobbit films.  A whole city in the branches that were pretty much invisible from below.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #169 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 10:20am
Print Post  
The Mad Elf King of The Western Woods, also known as The Ravenswood

« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2015 at 1:13pm by THE ONI »  

tumblr_mga0ilUlBC1rklghko1_1280.jpg ( 166 KB | 8 Downloads )
tumblr_mga0ilUlBC1rklghko1_1280.jpg

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #170 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Mathamagicians

Located on an Island south of the Nation of Pyrene is the Tower of Learning occupied by the Scholars known as Mathamagicians. It is said that these Mathamagi are able to predict the future outcomes of events by using incredibly complex formulae beyond the understanding of normal man.

These individuals are highly valued for their knowledge and deep secrets. The Nation of Pyrene keeps the Island well protected and provisioned  exchange for small bits of knowledge and foresight.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #171 - May 16th, 2015 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Roads

In an effort to increase trade and travel in the already wealthy Dukedom of Sarloos, Catalan Drake has employed numerous engineers from the Illyrian Empire to begin a project of reconstruction. The South Eastern Road leading from Sarloos to The Istrian Capital will be raised , graded and paved over the next several years.

Though the short term expenditure appears to be massive the long term benefits of increased speed and trade value are projected to far outweigh the costs. The South eastern Road will be renamed The Silver "High Way"

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #172 - Oct 11th, 2015 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Year Eleven of The Conquest

Peleos Istrius has bolstered his force to twenty thousand strong. Lancers, "Slaves", as well as Dwarven and Elven factions loaned to his command.

At this point fifty percent of The Wild Lands have been tamed and plans  the advance North have begun in earnest.

The Goblin Tribes have now been pushed to the upper regions yet still remain South of what would be known as The Storm Towers. It would also be noted that there has been a massive reduction in sighting of Goblin Females and Whelplings over the last several years.

What is also of note is that Peleos Istrius also took a Slave Woman to Wife during this time and she has bore him two children. The Boy Eyrion and Girl Elyse. These two would become the very first Nobles of what would become The Kingdom of Istria.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #173 - May 14th, 2016 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Years Twelve to Fifteen of The Conquest

Each year the Illyrian Emperor commits additional forces the the conquest of The Wild Lands. Peleos Istrius' forces continue to grow and move further Northward driving the Goblin Tribes toward the mountains

In Year 15 of The Conquest a final battle takes place. The Illyrians and their Dwarven and Elvish Allies are now forty thousand strong. The final battle occurs at a pass far to the North between two mountain ranges, this would later become known as The Storm Towers.

The Illyrian forces are victorious though they suffer loses of nearly a quarter of their army.

Peleos Istrius Is Victorious and he has no intention of returning to Illyria as the Mighty Conquering Hero.

He claims the lands as his own and those of his followers and renames the Wild Lands to Istria

Now the story begins......

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #174 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 8:02am
Print Post  
  Bloom

This Narcotic Flower grown in The Mountains of Southern Pyrene is slowly starting to become a highly prized trade item. The Flower also known as Star Flower, Night Bloom or simply The Bloom, blooms only at night. It is believed it will not grow anywhere else but in those mountains though a few have tried to cultivate it and failed in other regions.

The Flower must be cultivated at night after it blooms and once that is done the plant itself dies. Each part of the flower has a different use and effect and even the Stem is said to have medicinal properties. The most commonly used part now in trade are the petals. Once dried and crushed they can be missed with either wine, mead or ale as well as being smoked with Tabac to perform the Narcotic effect.

Some of the Ladies of The Illyrian Court will use a dried hollowed out stem inside a wine goblet to drink. This causes the most mild of additional  sensations.

The Illyrian Emperor, His Named Be Praised, recently commented that it would be worth the effort to Conquer Pyrene just to get hold of these flowers. Though it was taken as a Jest the Bloom trade slowed down significantly after that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Topic Tools

>