Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Ravenswood (Read 49271 times)
THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

The Ravenswood
Feb 3rd, 2012 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
  So after having a story idea for D&D bouncing around in my head for about twenty years I have finally decided to convert it to V&V. I was always more of a 2nd edition guy, 1980's edition that is. I had a ton of issues with converting from that game to V&V so any ideas would be appreciated. I will be posting the Lands,Kingdoms, Empires, Ethos, NPC's of note, etc over time. Eventually I am hoping to get a chance to run a campaign with John, Paul, Marshall Strong, Stormdance, Gerry and Ringo Starr. OK not Ringo.

Any feedback will be appreciated of course. Except for the really rude negative crap. Ah, I guess you can throw that in too. I saw some good ideas on the Boards previously and will try and sort through to find them. I'm guessing you won't mind me borrowing an idea or three.

Hoping to keep this fun. Wish me luck since I am much more used to being a player.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: The Ravenswood
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
You don't need to cross every t and dot every i at first.  Build enough to make a few good stories on, and leave wiggle room to create on the fly, and flush out that stuff you just created later.

You will be suprised how fast you built everything up.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
So, even though there will not be actual "Classes" what type of character do you think you would make?? Hearing that from each of the potential players would be a help.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 9:04am
Print Post  
I haven't played in a fantasy game in quite a while. I normally tend to lean towards fighter types when I do (as they're fairly simple, yet can provide a lot of options depending on what kind of fighter).

Of course, I think that it would depend on what the actual die rolls for stats turn out to be when it's time to write a character up, but other than that, yeah, likely some kind of warrior for me

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #4 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 9:18am
Print Post  
You can assign your scores as you like after rolling them so any type of character should not be an issue. Also I will be treating skills differently but I will get into creation later.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #5 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Gerry,

Characters will be rolled as 4d6 and drop the lowest die. Assign scores as you would like in order to create the type of character you want. Races will get bonuses and subractions. PC's will be allowed to roll additional Skill points just like they were rolling powers. This is what will really set them apart from the average.

Humans get one additioanl d6 to assign to any one score. This shows their diversity.

Elves get an auto +4 Agi, and +25% to detection rolls. 4d6 when calculatiing weight. This is not due totally to a thinner frame or height. It also has to due with their bone structure. The avergae Elf is only about 2 inches shorter than a human.

Dwarves get a +4 End, and +4 Will. - 3 Cha and only 75% of their movement score.

Halflings do not exist. Gnomes are not  Cute Tinkers. They are an Evil Twisted race best left alone.

Keep in mind. The average age of an NPC you may neet. Their level will be based off the mid range of life expectancy based off Race. Not all characters are Warriors and Wizards so meeting a 30 year old 4th level Blacksmith would be fairly common.

« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2014 at 10:49am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #6 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Will there be other races besides Elf/Dwarf? As much as I like them, I've gotten spoiled by settings that have other races that aren't so well used.

I'm still leaning towards just being some kind of warrior. I've never played thieves well, and am only so-so for playing cleric/wizard types.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #7 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 11:00am
Print Post  
  There are other races but not to be used as PC's. I do not make any distintion for "Half" type characters really other than looks. They are treated as Humans. it seems to be the dominant gene. There are various Goblinoid races but they reside mostly well to the North beyond the Storm Towers. The average Human will never see another race in their lifetime except possibly an Elf if you live in the Illyrian Empire but our campaign will be based in the Kingdom of Istria. Human dominated.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #8 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 11:08am
Print Post  
I want to play a half Unicorn, half Alligator/human hybrid.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #9 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Roll percentile dice. You need to roll an unmodified negative 12 just to grow a horn on your head and tail out of your Arse. Otherwise your Human.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #10 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Feb 4th, 2012 at 11:08am:
I want to play a half Unicorn, half Alligator/human hybrid.

In that case, i want to be a Bugbear/Owlbear mix... Tongue

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #11 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
THE ONI wrote on Feb 4th, 2012 at 11:00am:
  There are other races but not to be used as PC's. I do not make any distintion for "Half" type characters really other than looks. They are treated as Humans. it seems to be the dominant gene. There are various Goblinoid races but they reside mostly well to the North beyond the Storm Towers. The average Human will never see another race in their lifetime except possibly an Elf if you live in the Illyrian Empire but our campaign will be based in the Kingdom of Istria. Human dominated.

Gotcha. I like the country names. Does that mean we will all be native Istrians? Or am I asking something that will be detailed later?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #12 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
I want to be a half Gnomish Justicar/Transmuter who dabbles in theivery.

( I am teasing, I am goofing on all the super specific character portfolios and crap that just bogged D&D down.)

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #13 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Are their priests/clerics in this game?  And if so, are the dieties brand new, made up by you?

If so, I would lean on being a priest if the gods are cool. If not, a fighter.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #14 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Gerry wrote on Feb 4th, 2012 at 12:12pm:
THE ONI wrote on Feb 4th, 2012 at 11:00am:

Gotcha. I like the country names. Does that mean we will all be native Istrians? Or am I asking something that will be detailed later?

Gerry,

I would like everyone to be native Istrians but it is not required. Istria is the centerpiece of the map per say. I will try to get the rough layout of the lands in later.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #15 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
THE ONI wrote on Feb 4th, 2012 at 1:21pm:
[quote author=3E39293C2A394B0 link=1328316630/11#11 date=1328371947]

Gerry,

I would like everyone to be native Istrians but it is not required. Istria is the centerpiece of the map per say. I will try to get the rough layout of the lands in later.

Cool. Look forward to seeing the map, and info about the country/setting. Will help me come up with a firmer concept besides being a fighter type, etc.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #16 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Feb 4th, 2012 at 12:28pm:
Are their priests/clerics in this game?  And if so, are the dieties brand new, made up by you?

If so, I would lean on being a priest if the gods are cool. If not, a fighter.

Definately Priests/Clerics. The Istrians are a Polytheistic Society mostly and there are a total of 13 Gods. I have yet to start naming them and assigning spheres of influence. I don't plan on using anything from any other games at this point so hopefully they will all be my own. There is one that will remain nameless. The Illyrians have been moving towards a Monotheistic Culture over that last several generations. Roughly half the population as well as the Emperor pay homage to this God. He is simply known as The One God, The God of Truth. he and the nameless God are in no way thought to be the same Diety.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #17 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Gerry wrote on Feb 4th, 2012 at 1:26pm:
THE ONI wrote on Feb 4th, 2012 at 1:21pm:
[quote author=3E39293C2A394B0 link=1328316630/11#11 date=1328371947]

Gerry,

Cool. Look forward to seeing the map, and info about the country/setting. Will help me come up with a firmer concept besides being a fighter type, etc.

A map may be tough for me. I still cannot draw a stick figure or a circle. I will post the lands and desription of where they fall into place later hopefully. Also key places of note.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #18 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
THE ONI wrote on Feb 4th, 2012 at 1:37pm:
[quote author=2D2A3A2F392A580 link=1328316630/15#15 date=1328376372]

A map may be tough for me. I still cannot draw a stick figure or a circle. I will post the lands and desription of where they fall into place later hopefully. Also key places of note.

I feel your pain. That's why I bought some map making software when there was a special from Loot! a few months back. Still need to install it though

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #19 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
The Kingdom of Istria:

Istria is centrally located on the known continent. The City of Istria itself resides in the central southern portion of the Kingdom. The Kingdom is broken down into six additional Dukedoms that are responsible for the governing of the rest of the Kingdom.

The Istrians are a Feudal Society. For any of you familiar with Raymond Feists Midkemia, think of that type society and level of Technology.

All roads lead to the central Kingdom City. Actually four main roads lead to and from the city.

Istria is surrounded by mountains to the east and the west. Each of these ranges wind towards each other as they travel North and nearly meet at the northern most tips. Between these two points are The Storm Towers. The first defense and separation between the kingdom and the Goblin Lands.

To the east of the main city is the Dukedom of Sarloos. This Dukedom holds responsibility for the Eastern Roads maintenance and security just as each of the other Dukedoms holds the same responsibility for the other portions of roads.

To the south is the Southern Dukedom and South of that is the Sea. Istria as a country was formed almost naturally by it's borders of mountains and the Sea.

IP Logged

STORMDANCE
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #20 - Feb 5th, 2012 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
I like the idea Oni.

Is it possible to make an elven shaman/druid...a little melee, a little spell casting and some shape changing....possible or no?

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #21 - Feb 5th, 2012 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
  Maybe. The race exists. There are no real "Classes" so you shape them however you want to. It's going to cost a lot of points to make a Spellcaster and they won't do much damage at low levels but it should be interesting.

Hmm. An outsider from Illyria perhaps.

IP Logged

STORMDANCE
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #22 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Well this would be like a multi class. Spells would not be very offensive until later levels (mostly support type stuff)..the shape change and sword would be the main offense and defense at first I suppose

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #23 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
No need for any type of Multiclass since there are no actual classes. Just however you can imagine the character and make him how you like based off his skills and stats. You can taylor the character to your own specifications. I guess I should put up the actual rules of character creation to make it easy for everyone. Similiar to what we are doing now with just a few tweaks.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #24 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
yeah, character creation rules would be a big help.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #25 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Quick Character Creation Rules

Roll 4d6 and drop the lowest die for each stat. Assign them where you like. Note the exceptions for race above if you are not Human. Humans roll and additional 1d6 to assign to one stat wherever they like. may also be used for weight but not for skills.

Roll 1d12 for bonus points. use that total for additional points for stats or skills.

Roll 1d6 plus 2. This will be where you start to really specialize. here is where you would look to create your "Class" for lack of a better term. In order to cast spells or even learn magic you will need at least 6 points.

It seems like a lot of points for bonus' and skills but keep in mind this is a fantasy setting. If you do not know a skill you need you can die. Don't know how to ride?? You will have a tough night and not regain power you may have used. You could even damage yourself. I will not be incredibly petty but keep in mind all your old fantasy gaming days and you should be fine.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #26 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Pantheon:

In the Beginning were the Heavens. The Sun, the two moons, Greater and Lesser and the stars.

Among these dwelt the three Gods. The Revered Father, The Beloved Mother and The Adored Child. Together they were happy and at peace. After an Eternity the parents of The Adored Child felt she may be lonely. They decided to create Brothers and Sisters for Her that they would adore as much as her and they she in turn would love.

So became the Godlings and The Adored Child was among them. After another Eternity The parents thought the Children needed a place to grow and learn. Together with Their Children they created The World. The Children delighted in this and each took aspects of themselves and wove it into the Creation of The World. The Sky, Mountains, Plains, Rivers and Oceans were formed. Over more time The Children asked more from Their Parents. So became the plants and animals to also populate The World. More Eternities passed. The Children became bored. They wanted more to play with. Godlings they may have been but still children to Their Parents. To this end were the Greater Beasts Created. Some were not perfect in the eyes of The Children but it was Forbidden to "Unmake" life. More Life was created and so came the Races of The World.

Now The Children were finally appeased. So many different varieties of things and all of them Unique. During all these lessons in Creation, The Children had now learned secretly to Create for themselves. They were so delighted with all these Gifts Their parents had given Them, They wished to give something back to Their Parents.

They decided to Create One like themselves as a Gift for The Revered Father and Beloved Mother. They would each take and aspect of themselves and give Life. Together They could all make One that would Equal the Others.

One however would not join in this Creation. Though He loved His Siblings and His Parents, something told Him he should not do this thing without His Parents. The Others thought him Selfish and began Their Creating without Him.

Though They were Gods, They were still like children. Each took aspects of themselves for the Creation. Each also chose to take aspects of Themselves that They found They did not want. The Creation was filled with Greed, Jealousy, Arrogance and other aspects of like. Mixed in with all this was smaller portions of all Their Power and their Positive aspects.

When The Creation was done He Existed. Full of Power and All the Aspects he had been given. He knew what had been done and what He was. He laughed as The Children realized Their Folly.

" You gave me Life, but You gave me so much more. In your arrogance You thought to make a Gift but You have made a Curse to You all. I shall not stay and be Named by You. I am beyond Your reach and the reach of The Others."

And so was The Nameless One Created.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #27 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Cool mythology.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #28 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
really cool mythology. This is going to be fun!

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #29 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Thanks Gents. I pretty much have their "Spheres" down but now I need to come up with twelve names for the Gods. Feel free to chime in.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #30 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
You could try this online Pantheon generator to get names.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #31 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Thanks. Random is right. I used a couple of different generators in there also.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #32 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Cool. Glad they were of use to you.

I find the Pantheon generator amusing in the aspects each god controls. I created a few pantheons, and while I wouldn't use many of the gods that were created, there was stuff I could mix and match to make my own if I wanted to. Plus the names are kind of cool

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #33 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
I still have not heard from Paul or Marshall Strong if they are innterested in making characters and if so what type.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #34 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Sorry I completely missed this thread and got your PM Oni.  I saw the title and assumed it was about some TV show or something.

I am into it no doubt, just don't understand the whole concept enough to know if I would actually enjoy it.  All I've ever played in D&D were wizards/spellcasters (including WoW online lol) as it's all I really enjoy as the creativity factor is very important.  Sounds like from above the game won't allow for good spellcasting but I might be misreading.

Also keep in mind I dont know how often you want to do this, but my inconsistent appearances might make things difficult.  It's easy in V&V to write me out of a given adventure (e.g. portal girl instantly brings Magnum into the battle, etc.) but I don't see this as flowing well in a fantasy game of this nature.  With that said, if you guys want to run with this and you think my schedule will cause conflicts, please dont stop on my account.  Besides some prank calls at 3am I won't retaliate at all  Cool

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #35 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
  I would at least suggest making up a character. See how you like the character. Wrtiting you out if we were in the middle of something would not be hard. I would just Kill your character.

The magic is not that hard. It just costs more Skill points to be come a Spellcaster and the Spells are not as powerful at low level. I had to do something to set it apart from from the non Spell Casters to make it even and still fair. Otherwise they would be hurling massive destructive  Fireballs at the Goblin Hoard while while the Fighter type was still running at them with a club. It would all balance out.

Spells are all available and Power Points will be set. damage starts at 1d4 and increases per level unless you specialize in the Spell. Think of it as a Specialist Wizard. Use an inventing point at 1st level and it become 1d6. Stay alive to 2nd level and it is 1d8. You gain 1 die category with each level on all your spells. You can use an inventing point to become more proficient in any ONE spell as many times as you want and also increase the die value each time. basically the Spellcaster will spend points on Spells and learning Spell magic instead of boosting their stats. I thought this made it the closest to an Old Style D&D 2nd Edition game.

Hey I could always use a Rogue type too. That type is actually very important to the story. Still waiting to hear from Marshall Strong.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #36 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I would just Kill your character

I see you get your GM skills from John.... Undecided

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #37 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Either that or I could have his Fairy Godmother wisk him away to Happy Land.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #38 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
As long as she's naked and looks like Kate Upton.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #39 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
I'll see what I can do.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #40 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 10:10am
Print Post  
So we had our first few player characters created. John, Gerry and Paul each created a character. Ringo and George were not available last evening. It went smooth for the most part. A little tricky when Paul created a Spellcaster. I have to clean up the rules for that a bit but that should be no problem It was good to get one in. John and Gerry both went with different types of Warriors.

John the Knight Templar type.

Gerry went with a Ranger style.

Working with Pauls Spellcaster will be fun.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #41 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 11:25am
Print Post  
I enjoyed character creation, and found the setting background you gave us interesting. I didn't finish getting all my equipment, as I didn't get a chance to ask you how you were handling armor. I know John's character has chain mail, but as a Ranger, I was thinking more along the lines of banded/scale male, unless that's too detailed, in which place I'd just go with leather (which would be more typical of a yeoman archer type)

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #42 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
I didn't mean to be combative about Paul's skills.  I just thought for a person to be educated enough to cast spells, then he should have some knowledge areas to reflect that.  Unless magic is an inate ablity in your game rather than a learned skill like in my game.    Either way, I should tone down my argumentativeness when I am a player.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #43 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Actually the whole reason I put this out as a post was to get feedback from everyone, Player/GM or Player. initially I had ststed there were some things I still needed to work out like Magic Spells and Armor to make them work the way I wanted them to and the way I thought I could have more "realism".

Spell magic is learned unless a percentile dice is rolled under 5% when the character chooses to be a Spellcaster. If they roll under the 5% it becomes innate for some special reason. I think it worked out fine the way we did it at the end. The skills costing 2 points was a pretty good mesh and left the character with base skills and not too much else besides the Spellcasting ability.

All in All I was happy with the three characters. I will try and get the points for Armor up this weekend.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #44 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
I wouldn't say you were argumentative John. You were just trying to help Oni sort out magic, so that Paul can have a well rounded character who has some magical ability, but isn't too weak. You've been running the system for a long time,and I think Oni was glad for your suggestions, even if he doesn't use them. It helps spark ideas, and I see that as a good thing.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #45 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Ok,  cool.   When ever someone runs a V&V game that I play in, I am overly concerened with becoming a "backseat driver".

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #46 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
I thought you were a complete dickhead last night.

FYI I put a virus on your computer.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #47 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Wealth Points

OK. I am making a change. Everyone who used Wealth points when making a character Friday, put them back to 9. Since I am currently working on Armor I thought about what I charged for equipment. I will be using John's wealth point system to keep it easy but I will change it a bit. Instead of 9 it may be 900 or 9000. Depending on what I work out later. I did not think it was fair to charge the same amount for a Long Sword as it was for a Dagger.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #48 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Wealth Values:

Assuming these coins are either one once or a half ounce this is how I will work it. There will be full and half size coins and Wealth will be tracked in single digits. There will be seven main types of coin and each will have values below.

1 Gold Piece = 1000 Wealth Points
1/2 GP=500 WP
1 Silver Piece = 100 Wealth Points
1/2 SP=50 WP
1 Copper Piece = 10 Wealth Points
1/2 CP= 5 WP
1 Iron Piece = 1 Wealthn Point (There is no half size)

For simplicty sake think of a Wealth Point as a Dollar.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #49 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Armor:

Leather: 20 ADR/400WP

Studded Leather: 30 ADR/600WP

Ring Mail: 30 ADR/600WP

Scale Mail: 40 ADR/800WP

Chain Mail: 50 ADR/1000WP

Banded Mail: 60 ADR/12,000WP

Splint Mail: 60 ADR/12,000WP

Plate Mail: 70 ADR/14,000WP

Field Plate: 80 ADR/16,000WP

Full Plate: 90 ADR/18,000WP

There can be some variations on these ratings depending on Quality or even the type of Metal used. Consider the rates above as the norm. Other combinations may also be created for Pieces. The Ilyrians for example tend toward more Breast Plates, Bracers and Leg Gaurds instead of heavier armor.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2016 at 10:48am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #50 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Are you also incorporating the extra "rolling" bonus that I use with flexible armor and invulerbiliy for ridigid armor?

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #51 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
I just finished the chart with costs. I will probably edit the post above with those. Basically Chain mail down will include the extra rolling and anything above will include the invulnerability. I am looking at anyhting with actual large pieces of solid metal attached to have the invulnerability. Also those costs for that type of Armor will be greatly increased. Double the cost of the ADR times 10 to include material and labor where as the other armors will be double the costs of the ADR for the same effect. Materails are expensive and skilled craftsmen are very hard to come by.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #52 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
  The Iron Lands:

Located some 150 miles North East of the Central Kingdom of Istria is The Iron Lands. These lands were given their name for two main reasons. The first being the rich Iron Deposits found in the mountains and hills of the region. The second being the Iron Will of the men and women who choose to live there. This Dukedom is the farthest north in the Kingdom. The people enjoy a better relationship with the Dwarves of the Eastern Mountain Clans based simply on proximity and mutual respect. The "Iron Duke" as each successive Duke of that province is known as is well respected by his Vassals as well as the courts. Respected but still considered a backwater Duke by some in the lower Provinces. The Iron Hills was the original home of our Loyal Squire Roland. His however is another story. A story of both  Great Tragedy and Triumph. 

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #53 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
What if Pavillion ( Paul's wizard) was to put on chain mail and carry a longsword?

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #54 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
  He may have some issues with that but it would not stop him. The weight of the armor may hold him back. If I remember he had about a 98lb carrying cappacity. He is not going to want anything in his hands while Spellcasting unless it is there for enhancement like a wand or staff. Though I am not big on spell components I am on gestures. Also the encumbrance of 50pt armor is going to slow him down. 5 points from his initiative roll as well as a success roll for the spell. None of these will stop him as there may be Warrior Mages but someone like that would specialize in certain types of spells as well as Armor and weapon use. He would just really have to look at the balance.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #55 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Makes sense.   So I guess a guy wanting to be a thief CAN where full plate, but if he is going to try to pick pockets or move silently, he is going to suffer on his die roll for it.   But there is no fiat that says he, for some strange rule, just can not put it on ever!  I hate that kind of stuff.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #56 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
  Just a quick note on weapon costs. I do not yet have a full chart but the cost of the weapon is based off the max possible damage.

Longsword 1d8 Dam costs 800 WP

Dagger 1d4 Dam costs 400 WP

Shield costs are based off the defense points. 100WP for each negative point rating. Should be -1 to -4 max based off size of the shield. 100-400 WP

Bows are made for the users strength. Use the same formula for your HTH. If you want your bow to match your HTH then it was customized for you or even for someone stronger. HTH 1d4 400WP, HTH 1d6 600WP and so on.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #57 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
I would probably have a staff, so guessing like 1d6 for that?

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #58 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Yes. No real cost to wealth so nothing to take off for that. What were the final two spells you chose to start off with??? I know we bounced around with several different thoughts.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #59 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 10:54am
Print Post  
I believe it was "hold being" and "firebolt".

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #60 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
Paul,

Add two more spells to your arsenal. Two for starting off was a bit limiting. When you come up with them I will then break them down with Power Points ranges etc.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #61 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
I think a protection spell would be nice to have, so "shield being" which can also be used on other players at the same time.

Another attack spell woiuld be frostbolt (ice attack but with slowing effects as well).

Hopefully that works?

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #62 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
We can work them out.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #63 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Makes sense that he would have some spells.  I thought you said he was trained by some school or some such, so he would have access to some common spells.  Nothing major.  But about four very common beginer spells sounds good.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #64 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
I originally set the  two off his intelligence score but that had no real basis. Intelligence will be for other things like determining if it works or not. Max spells the character can comprehend before his brain explodes will be intelligence plus level. Some things are just too much for the Mortal mind.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #65 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
I always thought it odd that in most fantasy games,  all the spells have something to do with combat.  I would think that a real wizard would have a few spells just to make his life easier.  Like  clean apartment,   mend funiture, instant dress,  and predict lottery ticket numbers.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #66 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
  He could always go with some Cantrips.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #67 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Since I got some feedback last night after the gaming session with John i would ask that anyone who made a character already which is everyone post the character sheet here so I can get a look. I do not remember everyone's specifics and I know I still have to finish a few characters. If there are questions just PM me. i will be working on prepping the first adventure over the next month or two.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #68 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Gents,

From speaking to John last night while my Viking character was wetting his pants we may do the fantasy game in about a month. Since we are back up I am sending a reminder to post you character just so I can get a feel for them. I have a decent memory but I am getting old.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #69 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Jimmy, it's probably best to count me out for most of these sessions. My friday nights won't be clear until the summer time.  Apologies.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #70 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Not a problem. As long as I know in advance. The Wizard can make his triumphant debut when it seems all hope is lost for the other players. If they only had the Ice Bolt Spell right when they needed it..........

Enter THE MIGHTY Pavillion.   Cool
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2012 at 12:39pm by Paul »  

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #71 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
You left out the word "Mighty"

Fixed for accuracy.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #72 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Sorry.

Paul "OK. the Mighty Pavillion hurls his deadly Ice Bolt Spell and rolls a 3"

Jim " Great!! You Hit. Your first level. Roll 1d4 damage"

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #73 - May 3rd, 2012 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Paying for Your Characters Education

Since it seems to me that in every Fantasy Novel I read the Wealthy and Nobility seem to have more skills than anyone else I decided to tweak the skill points slightly. For every 1000 Wealth Points the character spends they can take 1/10 off to buy a skill.

If a charatcer has .5 inventing points left and spends 5000 Wealth Points they can add a skill. Basically they paid for a Teacher or Tutor.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #74 - May 26th, 2012 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Since I have an entire two days off for the first weekend in memory I will be working on The Ravenswood this weekend. I will see some of you tonight so I will want to either get a copy of your character or at least jot down the basics about them.

The PC's are now required to spend some time serving at The Storm Towers of The North. All members of The Gentry are at some point required to serve in their lifetimes. It may be wise to bring the Elf from the Eastern Woods with you since scout duty is usually part of the functions. The Mighty Pavillion may join up at some point later on.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #75 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Gentlemen,

I am heart broken and jealous of Gerry. Cry I am still waiting for Ravenswood characters to be posted.

Let it be known that the next time we play, I will probably be using Capatain Warlock, I hope none of the non flying characters are found plumetting to their doom.

I just might roll a 20 when attemtping to catch them.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #76 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Who's Capt. Warlock?  Sounds familiar, but I'm pretty sure that name means absolutely nothing to me.

Kiss

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #77 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
He's the only one I have left!!!! Everybody else Died or Exploded, and then Died.  Grin

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #78 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Well, there is Dick Dante, if he ever catches up with the rest of the campaign world....

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #79 - Dec 27th, 2012 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
  Folks,

I would finally like to run this in the next month or two depending on what anyone else thinks. It's been stewing for a while.

Still need to see characters posted.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #80 - Dec 29th, 2012 at 10:57am
Print Post  
  I noticed after reviewing all the posts that when the Forum transferred Hosts it seems that the posts got a little jumbled up so not everything is in order from when it was originally typed by each of us but it's close. It laso seemed that a few of the posts are missing.

I believe there was a bit about the Illyrian Empire as well as a few key Royals from Istria. I will have to re write that as well as add some new things.

I took a quick look at John's character last night, Sir Roland, he appears good to go.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #81 - Dec 29th, 2012 at 11:27am
Print Post  
  The Callendar

There are a total of 364 days in a year. 28 days to a Month and 7 days to a week.

There are 13 Months in the Year and each represents one of the Godlings of The Pantheon. This is the closest thing to a Zodiac there is.

The 13th Month, The Dark Month, is given to the Nameless One. It is known as The Dark Month simply because due to the fact that the second and smaller Moon does not make an appearance around the World during that time. The second Moon has a different orbit and is further away from the World than the Greater Moon.

It is said the second Moon is the home of the Adored Child as she is hiding from The Nameless One during that month.

The Revered Father is The Sun and The Beloved Mother is The Greater Moon. These are considered to be Their Realms to be more specific.

Each 7th Day is considered by many to be a day of rest.

It has been noted that the birth rate in the 13th month is extremely low. Most consider this to be born under a bad sign and many Mothers will do their best to avoid bearing a child at this time. Many Fathers are quite upset of course during the 3rd month of the year. Many children born during the 13th Month are given to the Temples to become Preists of the other 12 Godlings. This is thought to be a way to avoid Sins they would most likely commit in the future.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #82 - Dec 29th, 2012 at 11:48am
Print Post  
  Istrian Holy Days

The Istrians have a total of 3 Holy Days per year.

Fathers Day:For The Revered Father is celebrated on the First Day of the Fall Harvest.

Mothers Day: For the Beloved Mother is Celebrated on The First day of Spring

Childrens Day: For The Adored Child and Her Siblings is Celebrated on The First Day of The New Year.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #83 - Dec 29th, 2012 at 11:54am
Print Post  
  Illyrian Holy Days

The Illyrians have a bit of a different approach to their Holy Days. There are 13 of them.

Each First Day of The Month is Celebrated as a Holy Day for The Godling whose Month it Represents.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #84 - Dec 29th, 2012 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
  The New Religion

There is a growing faction in Illyria and to a lesser extent in Istria and Pyrene to the south.

Priests and Clerics of a God known simply as " The One God, The God of Truth" have been preaching to the masses.

They do not discount the existence of the other Gods but instead Preach that they are all but Aspects of The One True God. Therefore never discounting the other Gods and their Priesthoods. They are very Political.

It is said that one of their Priests has the ear of the Illyrian Emperor Himself and that The Emperor is close to acknowledging this as an offical Imperial Religion.

On a side note the Clerics of the order have been not so lovingly nick named " The Hurts" since as we all know "The Truth" can sometimes Hurt.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #85 - Dec 29th, 2012 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
  Pantheon Update

Below is a breakdown of names and spheres for the Gods

The Revered Father: Sun, Culture, The Harvest

The Beloved Mother: Greater Moon, Fertility, Birth

The Adored Child: Lesser Moon, Children, Love in All Forms

The Rogue: Luck, Trickery, Fortune

The Dark Lady: Death, The Cycle

The Natural Beauty: Nature, Animals, Beauty

The Sky Prince: Weather

The Master of Arms:Competition, Combat, Martial Arts

The Water Lord: Oceans, Lakes, Rivers

The Lord Protector: Guardianship, Protection

The Hermit: Knowledge, Wisdom, Magic

The Artisan: Crafts, Wealth

The Wandering Lord: Geography, Travel, Land

The One Apart: Justice, Rulership, The Unwanted

The Nameless One: It is unknown if any beings revere Him and if so for what.

« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2012 at 2:43pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #86 - Dec 29th, 2012 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
  Istrian Royalty and Politics

Uriens: King of Istria

Aidan: Crown Prince of Istria

Estrella: Crown Princess of Istria

There is no Queen, The Queen died in Child Birth giving Birth to Estrella

Briard: High Lord Chancellor Of Istria

Sir Edgarton: Though not Royalty, Sir Edgarton is the former Queens Champion and now by default Princess Estrellas' Champion. He is held in very high regard throughout the Kingdom and beyond. Though Sir Edgarton is a Mighty Warrior he is aging and has taken on an apprentice. His name is Sir Roland of The Iron lands.

The Eight Dukedoms: Each are of course individual areas in Istria with their own Dukes. Each Duke is responsible for their own lands as well as Gaurding and Maintaining their section of the Four Roads. They will be posted seperately. The Eight Dukes are also part of the Royal Council which is called Annualy or in times of Great need such as War or a Disaster.

Two Dukedoms of quick mention are The Iron Lands to the far North East and Sarloos to the South East. Catalan Duke of Sarloos is also known as The Silver Duke due to the abundant Silver Mines in his Dukedom. It is rumored the Duke may be more Wealthy than the King Himself.

« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2014 at 11:11am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #87 - Jan 5th, 2013 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Jimmy found this file (attached) in my zip of the old forum posts.  Not the best format but hoping it will help you capture any old thoughts.

1328316630.txt ( 35 KB | 15 Downloads )

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #88 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
  Thanks Paul. I think I have to get it into another format. I might be nuts and maybe nothing is missing or in a more genaral sense I might just be NUTS.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #89 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
That is the format the site saves the posts as on the back end. It's the best I can do, apologies.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #90 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
  I appreciate it. Not asking anything from you. I'll see what I can do with it.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #91 - Jan 20th, 2013 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
  The Illyrian Empire

This self proclaimed Empire can have it's roots traced back for just under 1000 years. The initial Illyrian Kingdom was formed roughly a Millenia ago and through ages of conquest and assimilation of neighboring Kingdoms became an Empire. Over time the Illyrians stretched the boundaries of their Empire and as they conquered or assimilated their neighbors they would simply make the citizens part of the Illyrian Empire as it is now known.

The Illyrian lands lie West of Istria. Actually the Empire lies Northwest and Southwest of Istria as well. The Empire is roughly three times the size of Istria but the population is  roughly 10 times that of Istria. This is partially due to the fact that the Illyrians still practice Slavery to a large extent though through their years of conquest most civilizations became citizens and not slaves. The slaves are mostly made up of  generations of former slaves since it is almost impossible to move up in class.

The Empire has made great progress in taking what was best from each civilization they conquered and made it their own. The Illyrians are Masters of Engineering rivaled only by the Dwarves to the Northeast. They have built a vast series of roads to assist in their conquests as well as their trading over the centuries.

The Emperor holds Supreme Power though each city is run by their own Lord who may make the day to day decisions as well as being responsible for the collection of taxes for the Empire.

The Illyrian Army is said to be the most disciplined fighting force known today and though their soldiers are often called the Illyrian Lancers this is not actually the case. The True Illyrian Lancers are an Elite force hand chosen from the rest of the Empires soldiers. Simply think of a Spartan Warrior and put him on Horseback. You will have an Illyrian Lancer. A dangerous and Deadly opponent to be sure.

Though the Illyrians and Istrians are on acceptable terms they are in no way allies. Trade may be had between both Civilizations but trust between the two neighbors is thin. Istria is made up of former Illyrians who travelled East into the lands as well as escaped slaves. Though this was over 500 years ago it has not been forgotten by either Nation and jealousy from both sides still runs rampant. It is thought that the only thing that has stopped the Illyrinas from Invading Istria is the vast mountain range that seperates most of Istria from Illyria. That thought is of course correct.

« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2013 at 5:32pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #92 - Jan 20th, 2013 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
  And Finally.....

The Ravens Wood

The Vast Forest formerly known simply as The Western Woods was the home of  course to The Western Elves. The Western Woods at it's height was roughly three times the size of what it is today.

Some Five Hundred plus years ago explorers from both Illyria and the Eastern Kingdoms began to migrate into the lands now known as Istria. In the beginning this was of no great consequence to the Elf Lord and his people. After all these Humans were not much more advanced than the Goblin peoples who roamed to the East and North of the Woods.

As time passed it became apparent that these short lived Humans were also short of thought and Greedy. They harvested Trees to build their homes as well as precious Plants that only resided in the Western Woods to assist in their Medicinal needs.

Eventually it had to come to an end. War was declared by the Western Elves against the Human threat to the South and East. Unfortunately for the Elves of The Western Woods the number of Humans as well as the ability to procreate was too much for the Elves. The Humans would continue to produce new Generations of Warriors while the Elves population dwindled due to the constant warfare.

Finally The Elf Lord, we do not speak the names of the Dead, set forth to stop this encroachment into their Home.

The Elf Lord began to spin a great Spell that would seal their home off from the rest of the Lands. Legend says that as he spoke the words of His Great Spell, The Nameless One  took the form of a Beautiful Butterfly and perched on His shoulder. He spoke words of Despair into The Elf Lords ear and thus was the Spell tainted and in the end became a Curse instead.

In His Sorrow the Elf Lord spoke the final words of His Spell. "Let No New Life Spring Forth from These Lands."

To this day the land now known as The Ravens Wood does not change with the Seasons. The trees do not shed their leaves and no new tress or Plants will grow on it's outskirts. It is unknown what happens inside The Ravens Wood as no traveller who enters has ever been known to return with his sanity or in most cases, his life.

What is known is that the former denizens, The Elves, have left The Western Woods. They migrated further West into the lands of Illyria. Some stayed in the Mountains South of the Dwarven Homelands and some have moved to the Plains of Illyria as well as spread out to the North in Illyria. They have become a a Nomadic People and have broken into Clans over the centuries.

It remains a Mystery as to Who or What resides in The Ravens Wood today but whatever it is it has become more than apparent that whatever it may be it does not wish to be Disturbed.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #93 - Jan 22nd, 2013 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Sir Edgarton approaches Sir Roland (John), Florian DeCola(Mike), Our Beloved Ranger Type (Gerry) with a rolled piece of Parchment in his hand.

"Well my Young Friends. It seems after all my back breaking lessons with all of you the time has finally come. You have been summoned to spend the next six months in your obliged rotation at The Storm Towers to The North."

"Ah, I remember my times there in my youth fondly but that was back in the day when there really was a threat of Goblin Incursion. Those were the good old days. No longer it seems however."

"Keep in mind that there you will hold no rank of Knight or Squire, you will simply be as all the others. Soldiers performing your duty to King and Country. It seems you will travelling there with an old acquaintance of mine, Sgt. Crux."

" To be honest Gentlemen, you may actually prefer the company of the Goblins to his."

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #94 - Jan 22nd, 2013 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
The Storm Towers

Located some 225 miles to the North of Central Istria lies a fortress where the Eastern and Western Mountain Ranges come to nearly meet. The Storm Towers.

This Fortress was built over the years as the Humans began to settle both from Illyria and The Eastern Kingdoms. As the prior denizens of what is now known as Istria were slowly pushed Northward a boundary was created.

The Fortress derives it's name from the two main towers that were carved at each side straight out of the bedrock of the mountains. It is also aptly named based simply on the amount of times it has been seiged from The North by the Goblin Hordes. This however no longer seems to be the case. The Goblins still reside to the North however storming such a great fortress no longer seems to be practical. It seems much easier to travel through the Mountains to the East or West or even sometimes under them. Raiding parties are still known to cross the Mountains into Istria to this day though less common are still far to frequent.

The Towers are not a part of any of the 8 Official  Dukedoms though each Dukedom plays their part in helping to supply The Towers. Both with tangible supplies as well as Soldiers. All male Royalty from the lowest Squire to the Crown Prince Himself are required at some point to serve anywhere from 3 to 12 months there. Though Uriens served it was well before he was anointed King of Istria.

« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2013 at 10:10pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #95 - Jan 22nd, 2013 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
  Just a quick note on Istrian Climate. It is roughly the same as New York State. Cold in the winter, warm to damn hot in the summer. Snow Falls in the middle of the Kingdom are only a few total inches to a foot on average throughout the winter months. Greater to the North and somwhat less to the South but not tremendously.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #96 - Jan 27th, 2013 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
  Dragons

Legends have it that Dragons are the direct servants of The Gods. It is rumored that there are only 15 of them and they are Immortal. Each of the 15 Dragons is said to serve one of The 15 Gods as their right hand. Some have claimed to either have conversed with a Dragon or seen One. Most individuals discount this since the majority of the populations have never seen or spoken to such beings.

It is possible that those who claim to have encountered such creatures have in fact encountered either a Wyvern or possibly a Drake.

Each of these creatures are similar in looks to what a True Dragon is supposed to look like. The Wyvern is a Hunter and an Animal while it is said The Drake is an Intelligent Creature and able to communicate with other intelligent beings. Both of these creatures are Huge ranging from 16' at the shoulder for an average Wyvern and a Drake at about 20' at the shoulder.

It is also rumored that the Wyverns and Drakes are the Descendants of The Nameless Ones Dragon Servant but such stories seemed based solely on Myth and Legend.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #97 - Mar 13th, 2013 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Just Bumping this for Friday. Gents please give it a re read at your leisure.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #98 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Gerry wrote on Feb 18th, 2012 at 11:25am:
I enjoyed character creation, and found the setting background you gave us interesting. I didn't finish getting all my equipment, as I didn't get a chance to ask you how you were handling armor. I know John's character has chain mail, but as a Ranger, I was thinking more along the lines of banded/scale male, unless that's too detailed, in which place I'd just go with leather (which would be more typical of a yeoman archer type)

Gerry,

I might suggest Leather or Studded Leather. The stats are posted in the second page I think.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #99 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Old Siverragn

Siverragn first appeared in Istria some sixty years ago when Uriens Father was King. He was old then too. No one calls him "Old" but Siverragn often refers to himself that way. He serves as an advisor to Uriens though he is often thought to be sleeping during court proceedings. Somehow he still remembers all that happened during Court.

It is also rumored that over the years he has performed a Miracle or Three.....

Note

Some seven years ago when Sir Roland first came to the Capital City of Istria he noticed Siverragn standing knee deep in a clear Lake on a Sunny Summer morning. Sir Roland overheard Siverragn saying to no one in particular while looking down into the still waters " What do you mean He would have to dive into the Sky and swim to the bottom in order to find it?"

Sir Roland could swear Siverragn was talking to a Fish.

« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2013 at 11:08am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #100 - Apr 4th, 2013 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
It is now the beginning of the Sixth Month of The Year.

The Month of Her Lady: The Natural Beauty.

That would also make it the time when the Dukal Council is convened in the Istrian Capital City. All eight Dukes and their retinue will convene for the Council. It is a time of work and festivities though not considered a Holiday it is a busy and festive time.

Of course for Sir Roland it is nothing but work.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #101 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
.....And so it came to pass that after seven years of rigorous training in Mind, Body and Spirit, our Beloved Sir Roland was finally called to Duty.

It was the First Day of the Sixth Month, the Month of Her Lady, The Natural Beauty that Sir Roland would be called to serve as both Castle Knight Guard and Herald outside the chambers of The Ducal Council Meeting. Roland was chosen for his several abilities. Heraldry, Oration and not to mention his prowess with a Blade. Having Sir Edgarton as a Mentor and being Sir Edgarton's Squire did not hurt either.

Sir Roland's first announcement came as Catalan Drake, Duke of Saarloos approached the council room along with his retinue. None would be admitted but The Silver Duke himself but a man of such stature could hardly be alone. As Sir Roland announced the presence of Duke Catalan his booming voice caught the ears of The Silver Duke. Though not friends Catalan had become familiar with Roland over the years due to Roland's particularly odd way of becoming a Castle Knight and Royal Squire. Roland had saved the Life of Sir Edgarton years ago though at the same time losing both His parents during a Goblin raid in The Iron Lands. This act of Heroism and Self Sacrifice had led to Roland becoming a ward of the Royal House of Istria and Squire to Sir Edgarton, The Princess' Champion.

Be that as it may it did not stop The Silver Duke from making Sir Roland as uncomfortable as possible outside the Council Chambers. It was known that Duke Catalan enjoyed a good jest as well and if not better than most. Our Beloved Sir Roland took the jibes only as he could and performed his duties and announced The Silver Duke to the Council.

After a brief time Duke Bernard Adelburn and His retainers approached the Council Chambers. Once again Sir Roland performed as he should and again He caught the ear of another Duke. The eye also. The Iron Duke took notice of Roland and recalled him from those seven years ago when Roland had brought an injured and barley conscious Sir Edgarton to his door in the middle of a Wintry Night during The Dark Month. The Iron Duke did not however act in the same fashion as Catalan Duke of Saarloos. Duke Adelburn simply acknowledged what he still considered "that boy" from that cold and terrible night. A brave and stalwart ten year old who had grown into a Man.

The Ducal Council met that day for twelve hours and in the end nothing had been accomplished. This was no great surprise as it appeared this was the case each and every year. The first days would drag as the Dukes hemmed and hawed at each other over taxation and finance before The King finally had enough and gave them an ultimatum to finish  their useless bickering and resolve the issues quickly.

Roland escorted Sir Edgarton to his quarters as was his Duty. As they were just finishing up removing Sir Edgartons Armor of State a knock came on the door. The Hall Page had come to announce that The Princess Estrella and Her handmaid Lucretia were in the outer chamber requesting an audience with Sir Edgarton. The request was a mere formality as no one denied The Princess Estrella anything it seemed.

Sir Roland, not knowing whether he should excuse himself or not, chose instead to bury himself in a corner of the room and became deeply interested in a Tapestry he had never really had much interest in previously. You see, seven years ago when Sir Roland came to the Istrian Capital he had laid eyes on The Princess Estrella for the first time. In that one glance and even as a child of only ten he had fallen madly in Love with the Princess. Knowing such things would never be he now simply admired her from afar.

The reason for the meeting was not for The Princess' needs. Instead it was Her handmaiden, Lucretia, who required assistance from Sir Edgarton. It seemed Lucretia was with child. It took Sir Roland all his efforts not to blurt out "It's not mine." He simply concentrated on the tapestry in the corner. Lucretia stated she had previously been with Viscount Ambrose Dulaney, a Vassal of Catalan, Duke of Saarloos. Though Lucretia admitted he had not been her first she swore upon the Gods and the Life of her unborn child that she had been with no one else for months before and after her tryst with Dulaney. Though Sir Edgarton firmly believed her there was naught he could do. His responsibility as The Princess' Champion forbid Him from acting as Champion for another. Sir Edgarton was forced to deny the request she made. Lucretia needed to find someone who would challenge Dulaney and force him to accept the unborn child as a Bastard. Therefore at least guaranteeing the child's well being in the future.

Sir Roland heard all of it yet continued his deep study of the Tapestry. Even more so when The Princess Estrella looked his way. It seemed to be getting warmer by the moment even though the Hearth was empty. Perhaps it was Sir Roland's Heavy Chain he was still wearing. Perhaps it was something else.

Sir Edgarton informed both Lucretia and The Princess he would look into the matter and would attempt to find a Champion who would protect her Honor or in this case the Honor of the Child. The two Ladies left but not before The Princess glanced back again at the ever increasingly sweating Sir Roland.

That night after completing his requirements to Edgarton, Roland could not sleep. He prayed for Guidance in the matter and the next morning knew what he must do. As he prepared Sir Edgarton for the next day of wasted efforts at The Ducal Council Roland informed Edgarton of his decision to take on the role of Champion for both woman and child.

After Sir Roland's duties were completed that day he quilled a note to Lucretia and sealed it. Sir Roland took the evening and walked  to The Royal Apartments to present His offer. Once he was past the Royal Guard he presented his letter to a Page and requested Audience with The Princess and Her Maiden. He was admitted and as he once again began to sweat in the presence of Estrella his note was read by Lucretia. He was simply thanked and excused. Sir Roland did not think it went as he had hoped.

At the completion of the third day of The Ducal Council Sir Roland returned to his apartments to find a Royal Page awaiting him with a note. The letter indicated he should meet with Lucretia at a Tavern called The Green Gryphon on his next off day at eight bells of night. It seemed he would receive the answer to his offer in person.

Two evenings later Sir Roland met Lucretia at the Tavern in the city proper. She was of course twenty minutes late as a Lady should be. They sat at a secluded table in the back of the Tavern and Lucretia thanked Sir Roland as well as accepted his generous offer. No one else would come to her aid and Roland was her Child's only hope for a decent life. She left and barely touched her food or wine. Sir Roland not being one to waste a gift from the Gods completed both meals.

That evening he returned to his apartment and quilled his Letter of Formal Challenge to Viscount Dulaney in the name of Lucretia's Honor. It was courteous and well written. You see Roland was not just trained in the arts of War, but also in the finer arts as befitting a Knight and Squire of Sir Edgarton.

As the sixth day of The Ducal Council began Sir Roland could hear the intensity rising in the room behind Him. After he had announced all the required Dukes, Princes and Champions Sir Roland approached Viscount Dulaney in the Antechamber. Sir Roland's other friends in The Guard took His post for the moment. Roland politely waited for Dulaney to finish his conversation with another member of the Royalty and presented his Letter of Challenge personally to The Viscount with a bow of respect. Whether he meant it or not is unknown. Viscount Dulaney was Taken aback it seemed. Caught somewhere between amusement and outrage he blurted out "What? You challenge me? Over the unborn child of a Whore who has slept with every man in sight?" Sir Roland simply bowed again and returned to his post. As Dulaney continued to follow Sir Roland he was politely and politically blocked from approaching the Council Chambers by three other Royal Guards. This seemed to outrage the Viscount even further but not being a foolish man he laughed and turned away. This scene of course got the attention of all the other lackeys and rumor mongers and in moments the Challenge was the talk of the Antechamber. In hours it would be the talk of the Castle proper and in a day the talk of the city.

As the sixth day grew on more and more chilled wine was ordered for those in the Chamber. More often those inside would excuse themselves for a breath of fresh air or just a moment of coherent thought. Sir Roland was caught in conversation three times that day. Once by the Aidan, The Prince Himself, whom he  had grown up with though they were seven years apart, Aidan being the Elder. Once with Sir Edgarton who had just come out to relieve himself and demand more chilled wine.

The final conversation if you could call it that was with Old Siverragn, Councilor to The King as well as Miracle Worker. It seems today he had no miracles to offer. In truth there was no real conversation as Siverragn truly appearred to only be speaking to Himself as he walked the Chamber. Most others simply got out of his way as he paced the floors muttering to himself about how much simpler it was for the Fish. After several minutes he hurried back to the Ducal Council Chambers. Sir Roland barely had time to open the door. It seemed Siverragn was still quick for someone so old. Especially for someone who constantly complained about an ailing back or some other hurt.

That evening a page waited for Sir Roland outside his apartment. The page had a note and it was sealed with the symbol of the House of Dulaney. As expected and almost required the Viscount had accepted Roland's challenge. Longsword, Chain and Shield.
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2013 at 12:53pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #102 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
  Luckily for Sir Roland he was equipped with these items in order to defend Lucretia and her unborn child. Had He not owned  these items he would have had to perform with lesser equipment and been at a distinct dis-advantage. Roland showed the acceptance letter to Edgarton. Edgartons comments were limited but included " That Boor did not quill this Himself" Sir Edgarton also gave Roland a few words of advice. "Do not go near the Head, it is considered Rude. Also note Roland, Dulaney tilts to the left before striking."

The appointment was set for two days hence and Sir Roland received permission from Sir Edgarton for the needed time off though Edgarton would require some service that morning.

On the final day of the Ducal Council Roland could hear the voice of the King himself inside the chambers. He noted at no point had the King once passed the doors either in or out. The King gave the ultimatum to the Dukes inside. They had four hours to conclude their Conclave and resolve all issues or He would do it Himself and not all may be satisfied with the outcome. And so that day the Ducal Council was concluded and Magically all involved were satisfied if not completely happy with the outcomes.

The day of The Challenge had finally  come and it was not going well at all so far for Sir Roland. After his required time preparing Sir Edgarton, Sir Roland had no luck at all. He could not locate his Chain Mail though he eventually found it in his foot locker. Strange as Roland could swear upon The Lord Protector Himself he had looked there at least a dozen times. While donning his Chain a strap broke which caused Roland to have to create another notch which was just slightly too tight. Finally Sir Roland was ready and departed his room just as the morning bells were striking eleven. He was already late as the Challenge was to begin at eleven.

As he ran to the Fencing School where the Challenge was to commence he nearly tripped over a Black Cat that ran between his legs. In that moment he also heard and saw a Child crying on a stone bench. The Child had cut her knee while also playing Seek and Find with that pesky Cat. Sir Roland being a Gentleman and Knight scooped the Girl up in his arms as he continued towards the Fencing School. Everywhere he turned to look for another adult to assist the Child he found no one. This was itself odd as usually at this time of day the halls would be crowded with those going about the business of the Castle.

The Child ceased her crying and asked Sir Roland his name. He of course replied in the most dramatic if not hurried of ways. " Sir Roland of The Iron Hills" he said as he huffed and puffed towards the Fencing School. She introduced herself as "Denna" and asked him if he would would like to play Seek and Find someday. Sir Roland would think upon it but for now he had other pressing matters. Matters that involved the future of Both a Mother and Her Child. At that moment Sir Roland and His passenger finally came across another Adult right outside the Fencing School. Sir Roland explained the situation and pleaded with the Woman to take care of the Child. Her only response to Sir Roland as she took her from him was 'I always do."

In moments the sweating Roland, this time he had good reason to be, entered the Hall. Sir Edgarton, Chamberlain Briard, Lucretia and Catalan of Saarloos were present as well as many others. Viscount Dulaney was also present and pacing the Hall like a caged Wolf. Dulaney immediately demanded a Forfeit since Roland was at least twenty minutes late. Briard denied this as he was in charge of the proceedings yet required Roland to apologize to Dulaney for His rudeness.

Sir Roland being the ever loyal Knight apologized well and they were given an additional five minutes to prepare themselves for the Melee. Viscount Dulaney would have stared LASER Beams at Roland had they been invented yet. Instead he just stared Flaming Daggers at Sir Roland.

Then the moment came. Briard announced that the Combat could begin and the reason for it. Should Dulaney win then the claim of his fatherhood to the child would be counted false. Should Sir Roland win then Dulaney would be responsible for the child's well being, at least monetarily.

As the two combatants were given their freedom to have at one another Vscount Dulaney moved first. His first move however was a viscous swing at Sir Roland's head. In the background one could hear Catalan Duke of Saarloos mutter "Bad form Dulaney" but the contest had already begun. Roland ducked the wild swing and came around to the rear of Dulaney where he struck a blow from behind striking Dulaney in the "Rear". This brought some muttered laughter from the onlookers and a snarl from Dulaney. In response Dulaney turned and caught Sir Roland with a viscous back swing. Roland's Chain absorbed the attack from the blunted practice blade but he still felt the impact.

The two circled each other and Roland remained calm as Dulaney became more angry. Roland continued to move to the side and rear as Dulaney continued to rain down heavier handed blows which Roland deftly sidestepped, parried or blocked. After two minutes of this the combatants were becoming winded. Dulaney in his rage threw his shield at Roland and summarily slipped on it while rushing forward to attack. This gave Roland his final advantage and he took it. Roland jumped over another swing from Dulaney and came down on Dulaney with the weight of both himself and the flat of his blade across Dulaneys back. It is believed the resounding crack of bone was heard somewhere in Emperors Hall in Illyria. The fight was over to everyone except Dulaney.

As Viscount Dulaney crawled towards Sir Roland,Duke Catalan stepped forward. As was his right he spoke for Dulaney. The matter was settled and Sir Roland had won. It was obvious that Dulaney could not continue lest he risk further injury and possibly Death. Sir Roland was the Victor today and Lucretia would have all that was needed for her unborn child.

....And in this day several things happened. Sir Roland gained both some amount of fame and some new friends. He also gained an new Enemy, an Enemy with both a long reach and a long memory.

« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2013 at 3:12pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #103 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
  On a quick note:

The part of Sir Roland was played by John.

Also I promise not to ever again write something so friggin long like that unless a Giant Blue Hand comes out and Magically brings Wally or The Oni back from the grave.

That in and of itself will guarantee it never happening.

I had planned this adventure to only be an hour or so and it went close to three hours based off a few additional twists and Role Playing by John.

I have to say I was happy to finally get in the first Ravensood Adventure since it has been brewing in my head for almost twenty years.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #104 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Beuhler?

Beuhler?

Beuhler?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #105 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
I had fun.  Still trying to figure out my character's personality.

One thing to point out,  he doesn't have any fencing skills, so he shouldn't have had that parrying bonus.  I will spend the inventing point right away.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #106 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
My fault. I looked at his sheet several times and thought I saw it too.

Next adventure is a Slugfest or or Swordfest if I get at least 2-3 PC's.

My wife read the post. Her only comment

"Where's all the dialogue?"

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #107 - Apr 14th, 2013 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Trolls

It is said that when Men first came to reside in Istria the Land was populated by Elves, Dwarves and The Goblin Tribes. We have already reviewed what became of The Western Elves. The Goblin Tribes were pushed North by the incursion of Man and The Dwarves and Eastern Elves remained in their own Lands without conflict. Trade even existed and still exists today between these Races.

The Trolls however were not involved in any conflicts and were not affected by Human Migration. People believe that the Trolls are the Fore Fathers of The Goblin Race or at the very least are Larger members of that Race. The average Troll will stand 6.5' to 7.0 foot tall and weigh roughly 350lbs to 400lbs. It is believed that they may have migrated to The Eastern Kingdoms from their home in The South East mountains of Istria. The Race appear to be somewhat of a cross between a Large Gorilla with Hide almost like an Aligator. They are a Militaristic Race but not known as Conquerors. They simply are well trained in the Art of War and Defense.

No Human is recorded as claiming to have seen a Troll in nearly 200 years.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #108 - May 25th, 2013 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Got to run The Ravenswood for the second time last night. I have to admit to being a bit off isnce it was a last minute change so apologies to John and Gerry.

Still would be a big help if I could get the characters posted

I will update the Adventure sometime soon.

Drinking Wyvern Blood, John? What could that possibly lead to?

Gerry, Careful with those Farmers Daughters.....

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #109 - May 25th, 2013 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Also Noted a Skill I have not yet seen anyone take.

Armor Proficiency: +2 to Armor Checks so the PC can reduce their Agility Reduction by 2

The Skill is by Armor Type Only so Chain would reduce from -5 Agility to -3 Agility, Leather from -3 to -1 and such.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #110 - Jun 9th, 2013 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
  Once the Ducal Council had been concluded it seemed the only Logical thing was for the Dukes and their retainers to spend several days enjoying a Hunt before returning to their lands. Brocas was chosen to be one of The Huntsman to join the group while Sir Roland remained at the Castle proper to continue his Duties.

Upon Brocas' return He was informed by Sir Edgarton that both Brocas and Sir Roland would be travelling to The Storm Towers where they would serve the next six months as nothing more than Soldiers Defending The Towers from Goblin Incursion. This of course was considered their Duty as Minor Nobles yet would possibly be a tedious assignment as no Goblins had attacked the Towers in nearly twenty years.

The two were given several days for preparation before the time came for them to leave. They would be travelling with Sgt Crux of The Towers and His assistant. Corporal Roob. Brocas spent his time honing his skills while Sir Roland spent his money on Pots, Pans and text on Ancient Illyrian and Istrian History.

On the third day Corporal Roob appeared at their quarters to escort them to the Marshaling Yard where they would make their final preparations and report to Sgt Crux. Roob was a like able sort who actually wore Glass Lenses over His eyes sometimes. Though not unheard of these items were considered extremely rare and outlandishly expensive. Items such as this were usually fashioned by the Alchemists of The Eastern Kingdoms on the other side of the mountains.

Without delay the three strode to The Marshaling yard. Roland was given the duty of final preparations of their mounts while Brocas began to plot their course. Though they would be travelling North on the roads any safe short cut would be considered as the journey could take over a month.

It was then that Sgt Crux was first seen. Though Scholars had always thought Humans and Dwarfs could not successfully mate, Crux appeared to be the one possible exception. Shorter by far than a normal Human yet taller than a Dwarf. He sported thick curly black hair and an almost neatly trimmed beard. Sgt Crux was an abrasive man and seemed to to be none to pleased that he was only returning with two new recruits.

After spending several minutes berating Corporal Roob for anything he could think of it was time to begin their journey. Crux waddled over to the largest Destrier the two had ever seen. It was not a pretty Horse. Dark Brown almost to Black and a viscous looking burn across the beasts face as Roland noted. As Crux used his Double level stirrup to mount the horror Brocas could hear him say.

"Let's get this over with, Snowflake."

To Be Continued.

« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2013 at 2:28pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #111 - Oct 2nd, 2013 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Bumping since my Daughter wants to make an Elf Character this weekend

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #112 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Can my Orc Theif, Darth Fader, have a light sabre?

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #113 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
There are no Orcs in My World........

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #114 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
OK so if change him to an Elf, he can have the light sabre?

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #115 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Well of course he can!!!!!

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #116 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Character Creation and Backround Story Postponed Due to Work.

(Cats in the Cradle Plays in the Backround)

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #117 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 11:16pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #118 - Nov 11th, 2013 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Thanks for posting it.

If anyone cannot read it the last thing John wrote at the bottom was....

"I Drank Wyvern Blood!"

That gave me a few ideas......

IP Logged

Dr.Demented
Teen Titan

who knows what evil lurks
in heart of man

Reply #119 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
this sounds so good from what i have read wonder what the other characters are like  Cool makes me want to try doing one my self  Grin
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2013 at 2:08pm by Dr.Demented »  
YIM  
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #120 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Thanks Doc!! One of these days I will finish the write up for the second part of that Adventure.

In a nutshell John (Knight) and Gerry (Ranger) end up saving the poor Farmers by Tracking, Trapping and Slaying a Wyvern.

Still have a lot of gaming to do with these and hopefully other PC's

« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2014 at 10:05pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

Dr.Demented
Teen Titan

in heart of man

Reply #121 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
thats cool  Cool

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #122 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Wow, you need to post how we killed that flying fuck!

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #123 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
I'll try and get it posted this weekend.

IP Logged

Dr.Demented
Teen Titan

in heart of man

Reply #124 - Dec 15th, 2013 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
is that how roland "Drank Wyvern Blood " Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2013 at 12:18am by Dr.Demented »  
YIM  
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #125 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
The troupe of four began their Journey North towards The Storm Towers. It would take several weeks even if they stuck to the roads for most of the trip. Brocas rode out ahead Scouting the lay of the land for possible short cuts and other obvious reasons.

Each night the group would stop and they quickly fell into a pattern. Brocas would scout for a safe area to stop. Roland would take care of the Horses and Corporal Roob would break camp. Sgt Crux took the responsibility of yelling and grumbling at Roob mostly. He also took care of Snowflake, his Massive War Horse.

On those nights Brocas would sleep early and then take the late watch. Roland spent his time after the early watch reading his texts of Illyrian and Istrian Histories he purchased as well as trying out his new pots and pans. Corporoal Roob would also be busy with his books but he mostly wrote or sketched instead of reading. He told both Brocas and Roland he could help them with the fit and weight of their armor if they would just give him some time and let him make some adjustments. Too much weight on the shoulders which could be taken up with an extra belt and some hooks. Simple things.

Sgt. Crux mostly snored. Very loudly.

On the seventh day of their journey North they were stopped by a local sheep herder and farmer. Goodman Holst. he wondered what had taken them so long to get to him. He asked why it took so long for The Baron to send help. It was Bloody Murder!!!!!

Someone was Killing and Stealing His Sheep!!!!!

To be continued.......

IP Logged

Dr.Demented
Teen Titan

in heart of man

Reply #126 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Sounds great so far  Grin

YIM  
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #127 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
  Sgt Crux had no interest in the farmer or his issues but Corporal Roob knew that as members of the standing Army of Istria it was still their responsibility.

Brocas began to work his way into the farmstead and tracked from where the last incident took place. He followed a blood trail that slowly tapered off as it wound northwest towards the mountains. Brocas surmised based off the area where the blood spread out that whatever had taken the Sheep was flying.

The four spent their first night at the farm in the main house. A good nights rest and a proper meal was needed for all. Roland noticed that Holst's oldest daughter was eying Brocas during Supper. This probably would not turn out well. After Supper they all gathered in the Great Room of the farmhouse while surprisingly Sgt Crux played with the younger children then not so surprisingly took the most comfortable chair and fell asleep.

The next night the groups split in two. Roob and Crux to the East and Roland and Brocas to the West as both Roob and Brocas were skilled bowman. It seemed best to separate them and hoped one got lucky.

As night fell Brocas and Roland hid themselves under their cloaks in hopes to meld in with their surroundings as well as mask their scent. After a few hours it seemed that this tactic worked. They heard the sound of a bleating Sheep and jumped up and uncovered as quickly as possible. It was not quick enough however. All they could see was a tremendous winged Beast flying off with an innocent and loveable Sheep. Brocas got off one shot from his bow but to no avail. The arrow fell short of the monstrosity but at least they now knew what they were dealing with. They had seen such a creature once in a painting in Old Siverragns hall. It was a Wyvern!!! Not as large or intelligent as a Drake but dangerous and Deadly none the less.

They formulated a plan. They would clear all the sheep from the pastures except one. They tethered this sheep to a rope connected to a deep stake through the ground. Poor Sheep.

After three nights of using this tactic and also hiding themselves under their cloaks they heard the great roar of huge wings. It was time. At the sound of the screaming sheep the four threw off their cloaks and prepared. The Giant Wyvern scooped up the sheep like it had done so many times before. What the beast was not prepared for was resistance however. After it had dug its claws in the shock of the rope going taught and the speed of the Beast threw the Monster back down to earth.

Brocas and Roob immediately started firing arrows at the foul creature and concentrated on it's wings. Roland and Sqt Crux ran full tilt at the Wyvern and attacked with Long Sword and mace. It must be said that Sgt Crux somehow wielded a Mace almost as tall as he was.

As Brocas and Roob peppered the Beast with deadly shafts Roland and Sgt Crux hacked and hammered the creature again and again until it fell. The Beast was not prepared for the onslaught and could not penetrate the armored hides of these two legged Monsters called Humans.

As it fell however, it's hulking mass landed on Brocas pinning him beneath it and cracking several ribs in the process.

Brocas was taken back the the Main House on the farm and his wounds were tended to by the Beloved Nell, Farmer Holst's Oldest Daughter.

At Sunrise Sir Roland of The Iron Hills took one of his recently purchased Mugs and returned to the Beast. He filled the cup with the Wyvern's Heart Blood and drank deeply. Though the Beast was several hours dead the Blood felt hot while going down Sir Rolands throat. A strange sensation could be felt though his body but only for a moment and then it was gone.

« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2013 at 1:36pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #128 - Dec 22nd, 2013 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
  Let it be known the Brocas the Hunter never served at The Storm Towers. It took several weeks for him to Heal and in the time obviously the Beautiful Nell had Him wrapped around her finger. As a minor member of The Royal House Brocas was awarded lands for his Sacrifice to The Crown as well as The Dukedom.

Several years later he was to lead a Band of Archers at The Battle of (Spoiler) and in Thanks for His Bravery and Quick thinking he was granted additional Lands to the South as well as an Earldom.

Brocas Earl of (Spoiler) now resides Happily with Nell and Their Four Children.
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2013 at 1:45pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

Dr.Demented
Teen Titan

in heart of man

Reply #129 - Dec 22nd, 2013 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
really good story ONI sounds so good  Cool

YIM  
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #130 - Dec 25th, 2013 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
500 Years Earlier

Peleos Istrius, Lord Commander of  The Ninth Legion of Illyrian Lancers, surveyed the Aftermath of the Battle. What was earlier that Morning a Beautiful Snow covered Landscape was now a Muddy, Blood covered Horror to behold. The Plain was littered with the Bodies of both Goblin and Illyrian. Thank The Gods it was mostly Goblin Bodies, thought Peleos Istrius.

It made him think back upon the last twelve years from when this Campaign began. The Emperor had demanded he Conquer the wild Land. Peleos smiled to Himself. He had Conquered what sections of this Land he had chosen. Now He thought, He would keep it.

« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2013 at 3:15pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

Dr.Demented
Teen Titan

in heart of man

Reply #131 - Dec 25th, 2013 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
great background on the Kingdom of Istria
« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2013 at 8:12pm by Dr.Demented »  
YIM  
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #132 - Dec 29th, 2013 at 10:57am
Print Post  
15 Years Prior to The Conquest of The Wild Lands (Istria)

Peleos Istrius is granted the title of Lord Commander of the 9th Legion of Illyrian Lancers and is given the task of Conquering the Wild Lands for His Emperor.

It should be noted that Peleos is the Emperors Uncle and at the age of 30 the youngest to ever be named a Lord Commander of a Legion. The Legion consists of 3000 Lancers and an additional 2000 Infantry, Bowman, Engineers as well as other positions.

Peleos accepts the Commision but his designs will take at least 15 years. He plans to break the Legion into three parts in the beginning. He will send 1000 Lancers along with 3000 Slaves as well as Conscripted Farmers and Builders to set up a base of operations in spot pre chosen based off reports from His Scouts.

The area of choice is located just south of the center of the land where two rivers come together to form a great lake and then converge into another large river that runs to The Southern Sea. He will rotate his 3000 Lancers every 10 months leaving them time for Travel as well as giving them some small time for family in order to keep Morale as high as possible.

It takes 3 years for the area in question to be Conqured, Tamed, Planted and Fortified as well as stocked with Herd animals and Horses. This is done so that His Legion may be as self sufficient as possible as supply trains will not be possible from Illyria regularly.

At the end of the 3rd year Peleos Istrius summons the Entire Legion of 5000 as well as an additional 12000 Slaves to cultivate the Fields, tend the animals, build the Fortifications and cater to the needs of the Legion.

Within 2 years the areas south are tamed. This is less of an accomplishment than it may seem as those areas were sparsely populated by The Goblin Tribes but Peleos knew he could not have an Enemy at his back.

Now after 5 years the real Work Began.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #133 - Jan 25th, 2014 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
  In the sixth year of Peleos Istrius' Campaign The Commander chose to put his efforts towards negotiations with the Dwarven Clans. Though he knew they would also eventually have to be tamed it seemed the two peoples shared a common Enemy. The Goblins.

The Dwarves were not foolish and proposed a treaty of their own where they would be given certain lands outside the Mountains in exchange for their assistance in building the Human fortifications as well as supplying Granite and Mortar.

And so were the first Dwarven Accords reached in what would be one day known as the 6th Year of the New Istrian Callandar.

« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2014 at 10:27am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #134 - Jan 26th, 2014 at 11:18am
Print Post  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #135 - Jan 26th, 2014 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Peleos Istrius Year Seven

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #136 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Year Eight of The Conquest

As Spring begins in the 8th year of The Conquest Peleos Istrius commissions the Dwarves to begin construction on what would be the Illyrian main fortress in the Wild Lands. Dwarven construction is quite different from Illyrian and engineers from both Human and Dwarven factions work together on the plans. Thus was the first Castle built and it was called Istria.

It also came to pass that many of the Illyrian Lancers who had no wives in their Native Illyria had begotten children with many female slaves. Though this was not uncommon in Illyria as it was also a way of growing the slave population things seemed different over the last few years in the Wild Lands.

Peleos Istrius noted this and though he did not have the power to free so many Slaves he could at least decree that all children of these couplings would be born as Free.

And so were the first of what would someday be known as "Istrians" born in that land.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #137 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Cool so when Roland fights an Istrian, he can call them, "Filthy sons of slave whores?"

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #138 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
He could, but then again Roland is an Istrian.

Most Istrians are descended from Illyrian blood except for some who live further South in Sarloos.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #139 - Apr 5th, 2014 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Year Nine and Ten of The Conquest

Peleos Istrius begins his slow Campaign Northward and systematically annihilates any Goblin forces encountered along the way. Resistance in the Central Section of "The Wild Lands" is minimal as the main Goblin forces are located farther North. Dozens of Compounds and Temporary Fortresses are set in place to act as way stations for Legionaires, Slaves, and the occasional Dwarven Engineering Corps.

During the movement North Peleos Istrius reaches certain agreements with both Eastern and Western Elven Tribes using the Dwarven example of a "Common Enemy"

By Year 10 of The Inavasion the Illyrian Forces are now bolstered and supported by both Dwarven and Elven forces, Scouts, Engineers as well as  Human Slaves.

Over the next Five years the True battles will begin as the Goblin Forces are pushed steadily northward towards what would eventaully be known as the "Storm Towers". A Mountain Pass placed at the Heart of The Northern Mountain Range.
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2014 at 12:41pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #140 - Apr 12th, 2014 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Silver Steel

This rare and expensive Metal is harder than Steel and much lighter. It is sometimes found in Silver Mines and is often mistaken for Silver until one tries to work it. It will not melt under normal flame and Troll Blacksmiths seem to have been one of the few individuals who are able to work this metal.

Sadly, no one has seen a Troll in hundreds of years so no new items have been created.

It is said that The Sword of Istria which is held by King Uriens is made of Silver Steel.

It was also said they lost Armor and Shield of the famous Knight known as The Silver Dragon was also forged of this priceless metal.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #141 - Apr 17th, 2014 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Sgt Crux

« Last Edit: May 4th, 2014 at 11:00am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #142 - Apr 17th, 2014 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Corporal Roob

« Last Edit: May 4th, 2014 at 11:00am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #143 - Apr 17th, 2014 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Brother Caradoc

Though most Priets and Clerics will pay particular Homage to one of the fifteen Gods it is also noted that they will acknowledge all the fifteen Gods exisitence and influence on Man. In some cases a Priest may spend their Lifetime devoted to all the Gods, with the possible exception to the Nameless One or The New God of Truth. This however does not mean they are not educated in the two's Beliefs.

Brother Caradoc is one such Theologian.

Caradoc is a tall man in his early thirties who has spent his lifetime studying various facets of all the Gods. He currently resides in The Storm Towers where his main function is to perfrom various religous rites as they pertain to each of the Gods as well as act as a Healer and Scribe.

Updated
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2014 at 9:44am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #144 - Apr 17th, 2014 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Sir Gildas The Silver Dragon

The current Dukedon known as Sarloos was once a small kingdom in it's own right. The Kingdom was established by individuals who travelled from the East and settled in the south eastern portion of what is now Istria. Some two hundred years ago relations between the Kingoms of Istria and Sarloos became strained. The exact cause of this has been lost but most believe it was Istria's jealousy of the vast wealth of Silver mines located in Sarloos. Quite simply Greed.

This strife eventually turned to open warfare between the two Kingdoms. Gildas was the third son of the King of Sarloos. The young Prince was never given any Military Title though he did form a  Militant band who would rove the countyside defending the people of Sarloos. It is rumored he also had on occassion defended Istrian settlers who had been set upon unjustly by Sarloosian troops.

The band came to be known as The Silver Dragons. It was said that Sir Gildas wore Plate mail made of Silver Steel and his Shield Device was a Silver Dragon over a Field of Deep Blue. The stories say this armor and shield were the last items forged by the Troll Smiths before they disappeared into their mountain homelands.

The war lasted seven years and ended when an accord was settled on where the Kingdom of Sarloos was anexed into the Kingdom of Istria as a Dukedom. Sir Gildas swore fealty to the Istrian Crown and his exploits are the stuff of Legend now. He and his Order of The Silver Dragon served Istria for the next thirty five years. After Sir Gildas' death at the age of sixty the Order of The Silver Dragon was disbanded. His Armor and Shield were lost though it is rumored to have been stolen by one of the Order.

Updated 
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2014 at 10:50am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #145 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Updated Florian DeCola.

If Mike does not remember this is his Character since it has been so long and he has not been used as of yet.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #146 - Apr 30th, 2014 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Priests of The Fifteen

Not all Priests are Clerics but all Clerics are Priests to some degree. Consider the Cleric as a job description for a traveling Priest.

Some Priests may be able to cast Spells and others not. Some are true Wizards and some have no talent at all. The Priesthood is a calling for most and they serve their God with the abilities they have. Many people believe all Priests have "Magic" abilities to heal. This is not correct though all Priests are trained as Healers since it is part of all the Gods callings. No Godling may Unmake Life.

Some Priests are actual Sorcerers but it takes a high level of intelligence to see if the Priests purpose is in tune with their Gods and a tremendous amount of Faith(Will) to proceed after that determination is made. It is dangerous but if the God favors the Priest their efforts will work.

There are also many who work for the Clergy who are not Priests. Too many functions to mention but consider any function it would take to run such huge organizations.

There are most assuredly Priests of the Nameless one also. The worst of these are the ones who were former Priest of another one of the Gods and have been "Turned".

« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2014 at 9:46pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #147 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:11am
Print Post  
Gilden Long Sleeves

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #148 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:11am
Print Post  
Anduin Storm Warden

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #149 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:12am
Print Post  
Reif Archer

Leader of The Hoods
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2015 at 11:43am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #150 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:13am
Print Post  
King Uriens

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #151 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:13am
Print Post  
Crown Prince Aidan

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #152 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:14am
Print Post  
The Princess Estrella
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2014 at 7:14am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #153 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Sir Edgarton

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #154 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Chancellor Briard

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #155 - May 4th, 2014 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Catalan Drake,Duke of Sarloos, " The Silver Duke"
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2014 at 11:08am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #156 - May 4th, 2014 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Bernard Adelburn, Duke of The Iron Lands, " The Iron Duke"

« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2015 at 9:27pm by THE ONI »  

Brian_Blessed__Henry_V__1989_.jpg ( 6 KB | 10 Downloads )
Brian_Blessed__Henry_V__1989_.jpg

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #157 - May 4th, 2014 at 11:16am
Print Post  
The Lady Lucretia, Hand Maiden to Princess Estrella
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2014 at 11:17am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #158 - May 4th, 2014 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Viscount Ambrose Dulaney

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #159 - May 4th, 2014 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Denna, A Ten Year Old Blonde Girl

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #160 - May 4th, 2014 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Brocas The Huntsman

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #161 - May 6th, 2014 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Utgard Stone Breaker

A powerfully built Dwarf in service to Catalan Drake.

Utgard runs the Silver Mining Operations throughout Sarloos.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #162 - May 18th, 2014 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Life Expectancy in The Realm.

Keep in mind that the average Istrian may live to about 60 years old. At mid life a PC may meet a 4th level Blacksmith on average. 30 years old

Why are the Elves and Dwarves that someone may come across looked at as more Powerful? They are higher level in most cases. Dwarves live about 5 times  that of Humans and Elves about 10 times that of Humans. The average Dwarf may be about 150 years old when a PC encounters them and the average Elf may be about 300 years Old.

Though it is rare for anyone to meet and Elf or Dwarf you may meet a 10th level Dwarven Giant Slayer or a 14th level Elven Archer one day. Of course they may be much younger also as the Races Mature at about half the rate  of Humans also so meeting a 35 year old Dwarf or Elf is also not impossible.

Just some food for thought. I have also edited both races bonuses for character stats as I had them too low.
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2014 at 11:53am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #163 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Ancient Hearth Trees:

It is the Lucky and sometimes experienced Traveller who comes upon one of these Gaint Evergreens in their travels. A Hearth tree is somewhat of a misnomer yet that is the name that has stuck over the years. These Huge Evergreen Trees may be found in both heavily forested areas as well as lighter areas.

They grow hundreds of feet tall and some are well over a thousand years old. These Giants have branches that reach as far out as 30 feet from the trunk before beginning to turn downward. As the tree Matures the trunk continues to grow in both height and girth and the lowest branches may start roughly ten feet from the ground in a young mature tree. This tends to form a large dome on the bottom area which travellers use for layers of shelter.

Some of the very old trees have "Ceilings" as high as sixty feet with a two hundred foot circumference. These Goliaths are mostly found in the Easterm Woods.

The term Hearth Tree comes from the Green Phosporescent Moss that tends to attach itself to the tree trunk. Though it gives off no heat this moss does give off enough light to see in the center of the circle of branches and beyond. Some are also found with heavy mushrooms under the tree and from the trunk which the experienced traveller and sometimes even permananet settlers have used for tables, chairs and makeshift shelves.

Eastern Elves have been known to plant such trees outside of their own forests and monitor and nuture  them over the years to ensure they have shelter in those rare times of travel.

« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2014 at 10:47am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #164 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Florian DeCola

The individual who would one day grow up to be named Florian DeCola was born the son of a Common Istrian Whore and an unknown father. At the age of ten he witnessed the murder of His Mother to a client who had an unfortunate issue of "lack of performance". This indivdual was the son of a wealthy merchant. Exactly one month later the young ten year old boy snuck into the home of the wealthy merchant and proceeded to hide himself in the bed chambers of the murderer. That evening upon his return the boy to be named Florian waited for the merchants son to fall into a drunken slumber. Once he was sound asleep Florian DeCola crept next to his bed and slit the throat of the murderer.

The merchant accused the boy as it was assumed the only one who would go to such lengths must be a greiving family member. The High Lord Chancellor himself chose to hear this case. It was determined that Florian was found Guilty. It was also determined that the merchants son was found guilty of murder. The penalty for the murder of the whore was Death. This punishment, Chancellor Briard noted, was already executed by the boy.

Young Florian however had no such rights to execute this sentence so instead he was remanded to life custody in service of Chancellor Briard for his crimes.

As an adult Florian Decola now acts in the permanent service to the Crown and was given the Title of Squire, the lowest form of royalty. Florian works directly for Chancellor Briard and has been trained to perform certain royal functions such as Emissary as well as one of the many pairs of eyes and ears for the Crown.

Florian DeCola is a Thief and a Murderer and is liscensed to be such though this is not known to the general public. He is also a well trained artist.

Edited and Bumped for Mike
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2015 at 12:01pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #165 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
The Storm Duke

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #166 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
The Duke of Wardens
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:47pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #167 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
The Sea Duke
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:48pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #168 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
I love the Hearth Trees.  I tried to incorporate something like that years ago when we played a lot of D&D in Stonybrook.

The wood elves would make Talans, which were tree houses with spiral stairs.  Oddly enough,  what I pictured and described was very close to what they showed in the Hobbit films.  A whole city in the branches that were pretty much invisible from below.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #169 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 10:20am
Print Post  
The Mad Elf King of The Western Woods, also known as The Ravenswood

« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2015 at 1:13pm by THE ONI »  

tumblr_mga0ilUlBC1rklghko1_1280.jpg ( 166 KB | 8 Downloads )
tumblr_mga0ilUlBC1rklghko1_1280.jpg

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #170 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Mathamagicians

Located on an Island south of the Nation of Pyrene is the Tower of Learning occupied by the Scholars known as Mathamagicians. It is said that these Mathamagi are able to predict the future outcomes of events by using incredibly complex formulae beyond the understanding of normal man.

These individuals are highly valued for their knowledge and deep secrets. The Nation of Pyrene keeps the Island well protected and provisioned  exchange for small bits of knowledge and foresight.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #171 - May 16th, 2015 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Roads

In an effort to increase trade and travel in the already wealthy Dukedom of Sarloos, Catalan Drake has employed numerous engineers from the Illyrian Empire to begin a project of reconstruction. The South Eastern Road leading from Sarloos to The Istrian Capital will be raised , graded and paved over the next several years.

Though the short term expenditure appears to be massive the long term benefits of increased speed and trade value are projected to far outweigh the costs. The South eastern Road will be renamed The Silver "High Way"

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #172 - Oct 11th, 2015 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Year Eleven of The Conquest

Peleos Istrius has bolstered his force to twenty thousand strong. Lancers, "Slaves", as well as Dwarven and Elven factions loaned to his command.

At this point fifty percent of The Wild Lands have been tamed and plans  the advance North have begun in earnest.

The Goblin Tribes have now been pushed to the upper regions yet still remain South of what would be known as The Storm Towers. It would also be noted that there has been a massive reduction in sighting of Goblin Females and Whelplings over the last several years.

What is also of note is that Peleos Istrius also took a Slave Woman to Wife during this time and she has bore him two children. The Boy Eyrion and Girl Elyse. These two would become the very first Nobles of what would become The Kingdom of Istria.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #173 - May 14th, 2016 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Years Twelve to Fifteen of The Conquest

Each year the Illyrian Emperor commits additional forces the the conquest of The Wild Lands. Peleos Istrius' forces continue to grow and move further Northward driving the Goblin Tribes toward the mountains

In Year 15 of The Conquest a final battle takes place. The Illyrians and their Dwarven and Elvish Allies are now forty thousand strong. The final battle occurs at a pass far to the North between two mountain ranges, this would later become known as The Storm Towers.

The Illyrian forces are victorious though they suffer loses of nearly a quarter of their army.

Peleos Istrius Is Victorious and he has no intention of returning to Illyria as the Mighty Conquering Hero.

He claims the lands as his own and those of his followers and renames the Wild Lands to Istria

Now the story begins......

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #174 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 8:02am
Print Post  
  Bloom

This Narcotic Flower grown in The Mountains of Southern Pyrene is slowly starting to become a highly prized trade item. The Flower also known as Star Flower, Night Bloom or simply The Bloom, blooms only at night. It is believed it will not grow anywhere else but in those mountains though a few have tried to cultivate it and failed in other regions.

The Flower must be cultivated at night after it blooms and once that is done the plant itself dies. Each part of the flower has a different use and effect and even the Stem is said to have medicinal properties. The most commonly used part now in trade are the petals. Once dried and crushed they can be missed with either wine, mead or ale as well as being smoked with Tabac to perform the Narcotic effect.

Some of the Ladies of The Illyrian Court will use a dried hollowed out stem inside a wine goblet to drink. This causes the most mild of additional  sensations.

The Illyrian Emperor, His Named Be Praised, recently commented that it would be worth the effort to Conquer Pyrene just to get hold of these flowers. Though it was taken as a Jest the Bloom trade slowed down significantly after that.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #175 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 10:18am
Print Post  
A Royal Betrothal!!

After spending a year at The Storm Towers Sir Roland has been summoned back to Court. There is to be a Royal Betrothal!! Crown Prince Aidan of Istria is to be betrothed to The Royal Princess Pani of Pyrene. Clearly a Political move to cement the relations between these two nations and form an alliance against The Illyrian Empire.

Anyone who is Anyone will be there.

Will You????

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #176 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Man, its been forever since we ran this.  Would be nice to have some people in my party...

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #177 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Well there were at least another half dozen Wards of The Crown when Sir Roland was growing up

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #178 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Also it should be known that there has been an increase of attacks along the Great North Road.

It seems a rogue pack of Rippers have been spotted prowling the edge of the woods.

They seem to have a love of for Horse Flesh

IP Logged

>