Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Plot Seed Thread (Read 32642 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Re: The Plot Seed Thread
Reply #105 - May 30th, 2020 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
September 12, 2001. Alternate timeline. Emergency meeting of high ranking government and military personnel.

The Day After

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I've called this meeting to discuss the implications of yesterday's vigilante intervention in the largest-scale terrorist attack in American history" the general stated matter-of-factly.

"Can we go over the details of what happened?" a congressman asked. "I was on vacation and only just returned for this meeting. The news isn't really clear on the details."

One of the eminent scientists answered "The data we have from the flight recorder is not possible. I'm still waiting on the maintenance reports."

"An eyewitness in the cabin confirmed what the flight recorder told us" the general replied. Shuffling through some papers, he continued. "Let's see... Barbara Lewis. One of the flight attendants. The terrorists used her to gain access to the cockpit, and she woke up in time to see the vigilante take control of the plane."

"...And? What happened?" the congressman asked again, irritably.

After an awkward pause the general continued. "Passengers reported that the vigilante appeared from the flight attendant station in the rear of the plane.  He subdued two terrorists in the passenger section.  Then he entered the unlocked cockpit and apparently subdued the terrorists there.  This is when the stewardess... er, 'flight attendant' gained consciousness.   The vigilante seated himself in the pilot's seat and seemed...  Well, she says '...unfamiliar at first but definitely a supernatural pilot!'  Whatever that means.  Apparently the plane was too close to the towers to veer away, so the vigilante rolled the plane on it's side and flew BETWEEN the buildings."  The general cleared his throat and continued. "Rolling the plane on its side caused it to rapidly lose altitude.  Our estimates place it at..." The general shuffled the papers some more "...a few feet from the ground at it's lowest point. The plane flew between buildings until finally clearing Manhattan. At one point, the plane collided with a clothes line and clogged the outer engine of the wing on the 'low' side. We estimated the 'few feet' that I mentioned based upon the height of the clothes line in relation to the position of the engine it clogged. Once clear of the city the vigilante leveled the plane while reassuring the passengers through the intercom. The clogged engine exploded sometime after the plane leveled out but the vigilante activated fire control and extinguished it quickly. The engine explosion was probably the cause of the multiple reports we had of the plane crashing. After contacting a nearby flight control tower, the vigilante landed the plane safely and disappeared. I mean, we don't know where he went at that point."

Another awkward pause ensued. Finally, the scientist spoke again. "As I said, I'm obtaining the maintenance records of the flight recorder. Because even if this kid had the training AND the reflexes AND the NERVES OF STEEL to do this, the plane was not capable of what the data shows."

"Where is the vigilante now?" the congressman asked. "We don't know" the general replied. "He hasn't made any public appearances anywhere since.  We believe he was one of the passengers on the plane, but federal law prevents us from investigating a law-abiding vigilante in the absence of a crime. So we couldn't search the passengers to see who had an extra pair of long johns.  We have a list but we can't act on it."

After drinking some water, the general continued. "This incident has implications far beyond saving a plane load of passengers. We have a *kid* who appears to be like any kid you'd see on one of those stupid reality shows. But this kid has abilities that we can't even guess. It doesn't take super strength to fly a plane. Nor Invisibility, telepathy, whatever. What did he DO to make that plane fly like that?  And who even has the nerve to do something like this?  Sideways at over five hundred miles per hour through downtown Manhattan?  With a plane scraping the paint off the road?  I would have dismissed it as a joke if we didn't have eyewitness accounts and a flight recorder.  Can we trust someone like this?  Do we dare?"

Silence descended as each person pondered what they'd just heard.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2023 at 10:12pm by Display Name »  

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #106 - Jul 18th, 2020 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Temporal Coordinates: Hyborian Age

Neville Taylor smiled, tossing the large gemstone that the sorcerer had sold them into the air and catching it deftly.  Things had turned out alright after all.  Leaning back on the luxurious couch in one of the private rooms of the Aquilonian Fortress, he reviewed the events of the past few weeks.

Revisiting New Mexico, he and Maxima had busted a cartel from across the border that had stolen Maxima's time travel vehicle.  After crippling the biggest drug smuggling operation on the southern US border, law enforcement and the media were too distracted to notice Maxima quietly remove her vehicle from the cartel's secret laboratory along with all of their research.  A trusted engineer friend of Neville's studied the research and speculated that it might have nearly reached the point of making the vehicle operational.  Hmmm...!  Neville and Maxima left the vehicle with their friend and continued doing odd jobs as bounty hunters.  One day, a few months after dropping off the vehicle, Neville called his friend to check in.  His friend was very excited!  "I've been trying to get in touch with you!  I believe I can make it work by later tonight!"  Extremely excited, Neville immediately chartered a flight to New Mexico (commercial airlines were out of the question because Maxima was just too heavy.)  On the flight, he considered the possibilities...  His friend had told him that according to the research, making changes in the current timeline wasn't possible with this machine.  This was disappointing, of course, but it's TIME TRAVEL!  Surely other possibilities existed...  At the very least, Max could revisit the 31st century* and be retrained on her mission!  The memory loss she suffered and the anxiety of possibly failing her mission had severely traumatized someone who wasn't even ten years old yet!

Upon arriving at their friend's home, they were shocked to find that the front door was left open and the house ransacked.  Their friend and his entire family had been kidnapped!  And the time travel device had been stolen as well!  Somehow though, the research the engineer had been studying had been deleted.  Apparently the engineer was a wise man!  Finding their friend and rescuing him and his family quickly, Neville presented his idea of returning to the 31st century to retrain Maxima.  "But how will you survive the hostile environment" his friend asked.  "Don't worry about me, I have a plan for that" Neville replied.  He neglected to mention the "Amulet of Life" the friendly mage had given them for helping him with that troglodyte problem.  Based on the mage's description, an environment destroyed by a nuclear/biological/nanite/arcane war would be a piece of cake with the amulet.  Hopefully he was honest!  Heh...

Unfortunately, the engineer had to program the time travel vehicle from memory.  This produced the predictable result of sending them deep into Earth's past before civilization as we know it had even begun.  After a few harrowing adventures, they encountered an extremely advanced civilization that was able to completely repair the craft and program it to return them to the present.  With a few extra gemstones and gold pieces, of course!

Elsewhere...

Conan carefully climbed the tower where he knew the bard and his lover Akivasha were staying for the night.  They had the sorcerer's gem, and he meant to have it for himself.  He realized that the bard had probably been bitten by Akivasha and was immortal.  He would have to plunge his sword into the bard's heart to kill it.

Finally, Conan reached the window of the bard and Akivasha's room.  At this height, only a curtain was used to prevent entry into the room.  Gently moving the curtain every so slightly, Conan had a clear view of the entire room.  The vampire princess was nowhere to be seen.  The bard was reclining on a couch, casually tossing the sorcerer's gem in the air and catching it.  Quietly drawing his sword, Conan suddenly ripped the curtain away and leapt into the room.  The bard was completely taken by surprise as Conan expertly ran the bard through with his sword precisely in the location of the heart.

"Nev, I was just looking over the..." Maxima said as she coincidentally entered the room.  Seeing Neville clutching at a broadsword that had completely skewered him was horrifying enough by itself.  It was impossibly MORE horrifying when Conan unceremoniously put his foot against Neville's chest and yanked his sword free. Maxima rushed to Neville's side, unsure of what to do.  Without even noticing, she raised her arm to block Conan's swing with his sword.  She gasped as the sword CUT her!  Looking at the wound produced by the sword and seeing the blood ooze forth caused Maxima to panic!  She lashed out at Conan with all of her might and caused his head to almost literally explode with her punch.

"<Help!  Oh, please help>" Maxima screamed in the local language.  Her incredible intellect had allowed her to achieve fluency in at least three languages since they had arrived.  That's spoken AND written.
Almost immediately, guards were on hand.  "<Get us a healer, NOW>" one of the guards barked.  A very young girl was brought in.

Neville was still conscious.  Upon seeing the very young girl enter the room he would have chuckled if it didn't hurt so much.  "How can a child heal me" echoed in his mind and he sank into darkness.  Moments later, he was wide awake and felt as if he were awakening from a wonderful night's sleep!  He stood up as a collective gasp echoed throughout the room (including Maxima!)  Neville looked around; everyone was staring in awe at the little girl!  In a choked whisper he heard "Why, she only begun her training in the arts this morning!"

Glancing over at Maxima, he noticed that the wound on her arm was still bleeding.  "Er... Max...  Why are you bleeding" he asked.  "I'm sorry, Nev.  I guess my Regeneration is unable to heal damage from Cimmerian steel" she replied.

Soon, the elder Cleric arrived.  "What is this?  What has transpired?"  The wise Cleric was immediately able to recognize that something remarkable had happened.  "The neophyte has healed a mortal wound, Dame Jasmin" a guard barely dared to whisper.

"Approach me" the elder Cleric demanded of the neophyte.  Placing her hand gently on the child's head, the elder Cleric closed her eyes for a few moments.  Turning her attention to Neville, she looked him in the eye and said "Approach me."  Respectfully, Neville approached the elder Cleric and allowed her to place her hand on the side of his head.  Surprisingly, nothing seemed to happen.

Suddenly, the Cleric pulled her hand away and whispered fearfully: "He is not of the Third Edition!  He is of the First Edition!  Nay!  He is of a so-called 'Revised Edition' that is new and very strange!  Our healing spells affect him differently!"

Neville had often encountered sudden, unexpected changes in behavior.  So he wasn't quite as surprised as he probably should have been.  "Er...  Yeah...  I don't usually have that effect on women, I promise" he stated awkwardly.  It was sounding more and more like Max and him needed to beat a speedy retreat to the "present!"

*I use the 31st century to salute the Legion of Super Heroes.

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #107 - Dec 28th, 2020 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Headhunter and the Crystal Skull (uh-oh!)

First, a little "mystic" history:
https://www.crystalskulls.com/mitchell-hedges-crystal-skull.html

One day, while up to no good in America, Otinka (MW:3, page 10) happened to be bored in his hotel room.  He turned on the tv and browsed the on demand titles and happened upon "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)."  Naturally curious about skulls in general, he watched it and enjoyed it immensely (since he didn't have much experience with movies.)  His curiosity led him to the internet where he found out about the real skulls.  Hmmm...

Deciding to abort his current nefarious deed(s), he instead began to focus on obtaining the Mitchell-Hedges skull and finding out the secrets behind it.  Eventually, his skills obtained from his CHESS agent skull brought it into his possession.  Naturally, having a professional CHESS agent's skillset, he carefully avoided touching it until he had found a safe place to examine it.  Upon touching it, his mind EXPLODED with forbidden knowledge and secrets that had been hidden for centuries!  The first thing he learned was that the crystal skull was NO artifact!  It was actually a real skull of an extraterrestrial race that had visited Earth in the distant past!

And so it goes...
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2020 at 4:23pm by Display Name »  

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #108 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 10:23am
Print Post  
The Book of Enoch

(click)
"...ports are coming in from all across the US and Canada as well as around the world of thousands, if not millions, of people suddenly vanishing with only their clothes and other belongings remaining."

(click)
"...gressman David Marcus of the Democratic party in California is accusing Republicans of staging the disappearances in an elaborate plot to alter the results of the upcoming election."

(click)
"Some conservative groups have claimed that the Rapture, a mysterious event where millions of people disappear, has occurred."

(click)
"...sident has stated that she will deploy the National Guard if needed to maintain social order.  Vigilante groups are warned to stay alert and be ready for..."

[click]
"...our next story, a woman's dog was eaten by a beautiful angel, who then seduced her.  In her own words, here's the interv..."

(tv clicks off)

Turning from the tv, Epsilon wanders into the Valient's communications center.  He says to Serena "The news didn't have anything, Rey.  I'm getting bored already!  Those Christian nutjobs are even claiming it was the Rapture!"

Serena chuckles.  "That was the first thing I checked.  I don't have all the numbers, but I don't think it was the Rapture.  The only pattern that I've found is that there seems to be more disappearances in small towns and rural areas than in the cities.  But the number of church attendees disappearing occurred at the same rate for bigger churches and small churches.  Losing ten people might seem a lot in a small church, but in a big church you'd hardly notice."

Epsilon sighs.  "Ok, so you have the numbers that say the same thing I was saying" he retorts.  "Now, what?  Weapon?  Teleportation?  It hit the entire planet from all sides at the same time, so it has to be networked somehow.  It affected people underground all the way up to the space station.  There didn't seem to be anything that blocked the effect or otherwise prevented a person from disappearing.  Plenty of footage of people simply disappearing while their clothes and stuff fall to the floor.  No flashes.  No explosions.  In fact, instruments being used near a disappearance registered absolutely nothing spiking on the electromagnetic spectrum.  And that's NOT being reported in the news, by the way, so be careful during your interviews!  To me, this sounds like an extra-terrestrial or extra-dimensional origin.  Oh, and don't forget 'naked!'"

"I'm sure you won't" Serena replies while rolling her eyes.

Then the phone rings.  Only this time it was the OTHER one that's not supposed to ring.  Epsilon and Serena look at each and then back at the phone.  Then Serena shrugs and answers.  "Valiant Headquarters, Serena speaking."

"I need to see both of you, now.  A car is on the way.  Wait outside for it to arrive" an authoritative voice says, followed by a click as the connection closes.  Serena looks at the phone, questioningly.  "That wasn't exactly how I pictured it would happen" she says, bemusedly.  "Well, what happened" Epsilon asks excitedly.  "We wait outside for a car to pick us up" Serena replies.  "He didn't say anything else."

GM notes:
This is basically an alien invasion plot using the book of Enoch as a basis.  The "aliens" arrive shortly after the "Rapture" and claim that they were trying to get to Earth to warn of an impending attack by another race of extremely powerful and evil aliens.  Regrettably, they didn't make it in time.  The opposite turns out to be true: the Rapture really happened and the "aliens," are actually demonic extra-dimensional beings.  After the Rapture, Earth's spiritual defenses collapsed and the aliens were able to reach us.  Thousands of years ago, these aliens had come to our universe through the only portal that connects our universes.  Which just happened to be on Earth (go figure!)  After a terrible struggle, they were banished from the Earth and a "spiritual defense" system was deposited within the souls of certain people in each generation.  This defense prevented the invading aliens from reaching Earth and prevented their brethren from coming through the portal.  It also had the unexpected side effect of causing spiritual evolution in humans.

For non-Christians, the concept of the "Rapture" can be modified slightly to specify the victims as "spiritually evolved people from all religions who were knowingly or unknowingly providing some sort of extra-dimensional defense to planet Earth."  No matter how you define your "Rapture," these people transformed to the next stage of their spiritual evolution and should be considered gone permanently.  Once the invading aliens set up relations with all of the world governments and make agreements to end war, advance technology, create Utopia, etc. then they'll start kidnapping certain humans that might be spiritually evolved enough to restart Earth's spiritual defenses.  They'll also want to experiment on them to determine why humans are spiritually evolving at all.  Fortunately, their nefarious experiments unlock the spiritual potential in these abductees.  After being rescued (your players aren't just going to sit back and let the aliens take over their job, are they?), these people will form a new group of Watchers so that the GM can have someone fresh to meddle with the players from time to time!  This time, they'll assist in sending the invaders back to their own dimension and closing the portal forever (until the next time, at least.)

The "aliens" are "Sapien Angels."  This means that they appear as the pinnacle physical and social specimens of humanity of any race.

Oh, and don't forget the fact that once the Rapture happens the portal is unlocked as well.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2021 at 10:12pm by Display Name »  

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #109 - Mar 12th, 2022 at 9:25am
Print Post  
The Day After, a week later

The room was jam-packed with journalists, all of them eager to hear the young vigilante tell the world how he had saved one of the planes in the terrorist attack the previous week.

"Walter Burns, Truth Seeker Weekly.  Can you tell us how you happened to be on the plane when it was hijacked?"

"Er...  I'm sorry, I have no comment on that" the vigilante replies.

"Jessica Anderson, WCTV news.  How did you manage to pull off such an incredible feat with a plane that was incapable of flying like that?"

"Good afternoon, Ms. Anderson.  It's a pleasure to see you, again.  Well, to answer your question, I'll have to respectfully disagree with the engineers who are claiming that a passenger plane can't perform that maneuver" chuckling lightly.   Suddenly, the vigilante grips the podium and gasps, staring off into space.  Everyone in the room looks on in confusion, unsure of what's happening.  After a few moments, the vigilante sighs and releases the podium.  "I'm sorry, next question...?"

"Shelley Marks, WCVG news.  What's it like to fly a passenger plane at over five hundred miles per hour through downtown Manhattan?"

After a brief pause, the vigilante quietly replies.  "It was terrifying.  I'm still having flashbacks."

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #110 - Jan 19th, 2023 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 1:53am:
Cold as Ice

Over the past few months, local jewelers and art galleries have experienced a series of late night robberies. The highly skilled thieves always seem to make off with their ill gotten gains before police can react. Upon their arrival at any of the crime scenes, the police have been greeted by nothing more than frozen alarm systems, and puddles of water. But, thanks to a tip, from an underworld snitch, the police have discovered that the gang plans to hit a local art museum, and snatch a number of valuable paintings on loan to them from a private doner, the night after next, and plan to stop the gang in the act. The PCs learn of the plan, and make plans to be in the area, just in case (exactly how they learn what’s going on is left up to the individual GM to determine). As the police begin to spring their “trap”, it rapidly becomes apparent that they may have bitten off a bit more than they can chew. The gang’s leader, is none other than Madame Frigia, and she’s turning the SWAT team into “Copcicles” one by one.

"Copcicles!"  Lol!  Whoops!  Did I plug a former seed?!   Cheesy

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #111 - Mar 3rd, 2023 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Ancient civilizations

https://wheninyourstate.com/arizona/wont-believe-one-man-discovered-grand-canyon...

What Was Discovered in Kincaid’s Cave in the Grand Canyon?

Published July 20, 2016
Cheyenne Reed

Kincaid’s Cave in the Grand Canyon is a legendary place that no one can access nor see today. What mysterious artifacts did he and the Smithsonian claim to find? Was there an advanced ancient civilization inhabiting the Grand Canyon long before Native Americans? Let’s find out.

(picture: the Phoenix Gazette, circa 1909)

The article begins with an eye-catching headline on the first page and continues onto several other pages. It exclaims “Explorations in Grand Canyon.” Below, in only slightly smaller lettering it reads, “Mysteries of Immense Rich Cavern Being Brought To Light” and then “Remarkable Finds Indicate Ancient People Migrated From Orient.” This headline suggests that history as we know it might be drastically different than we had believed it to be for thousands of years. It attracted more than a little attention, to say the least.

G.E Kincaid was well-known for being an explorer and hunter. On the day that he would make his stunning discovery, however, he was simply on a routine expedition, floating the Colorado River and looking for minerals. Kincaid was all by himself when he noticed “stains” way up on the wall of the canyon above him. For whatever reason, he decided to do some unplanned exploring. Whatever he saw must have particularly motivated him. Because Kincaid hiked until he was 2,000 feet above the river – only 1,500 feet below the rim at that point. Eventually, he came to the mouth of a cave.

The adventurer he was, Kincaid could not turn away from his discovery. Instead, he began to descend down the stairs he found just inside the mouth of the cave. He continued down about 100 feet. The tunnel that Kincaid followed appeared to have been hand-chiseled. Which is an incredible feat considering it was several hundred feet long.

According to his own personal journal, where he described his discoveries, he came upon a crypt full of mummies. Each with their own personal shelf. He reportedly took notes and photographs and collected several artifacts before leaving. Along with the news of his discovery, he shipped these artifacts to the Smithsonian Institution in Washington D.C., where he had a number of contacts.

This is according to the Phoenix Gazette article, anyway. By the time their front-page article was published, the team of scientists had explored Kincaid’s cave much more thoroughly. More passageways extended from the main one that Kincaid had originally entered. These lead to multiple rooms as wide as thirty or forty feet. A stone idol was reportedly found. The statue resembled Buddha.

Traveling nearly a mile into the rock, the researchers came across a huge room with many passageways leading away from it. Similar to the spokes of a wagon wheel. They described storerooms full of seeds. As well as a dining room more than 700 feet long and a room that stank of a “deadly, snaky smell. Archaeologists supposedly uncovered copper instruments and war weapons, cups made of gold, pottery work, and hieroglyphic writing. These artifacts suggested an origin not in this country, but in the Orient.

The long story on the front page of the Phoenix Gazette clearly indicated that the Smithsonian Institute had sent between thirty and forty archaeologists to help Kincaid excavate he discover. Today though, there are no artifacts or information to be found about the underground settlement. One Smithsonian rep explained that “… no Egyptian artifacts of any kind have ever been found in North or South America. Therefore, I can tell you that the Smithsonian Institute has never been involved in any such excavations.” Then what could have prompted such an incredibly detailed newspaper article? One that never had a follow-up piece.

Based on the descriptions of Kincaid’s cave discoveries, they would suggest that there had in fact been contact made before Columbus sailed the seas. Not only this, but it would call into question the idea that all Native Americans descended from Ice Age explorers who crossed the Bering Strait.

Egyptians in Arizona would require us not only to entirely rewrite history but also to accept responsibility for being incredibly wrong about the origins of people on our continent. Is it a coincidence that many rock formations in the area have Egyptian names like Tower of Ra, Horus Temple, Osiris Temple, and Isis Temple? Probably.

Some people speculate even more broadly, questioning if this settlement wasn’t evidence of ancient aliens. The area where Kincaid’s cave discovery is believed to be located is off-limits to hikers, visitors, and even most park personnel. Reportedly, this if for safety reasons.

5-crystalinks_com_.jpg ( 43 KB | 21 Downloads )
5-crystalinks_com_.jpg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools

>