Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Strange Happenings (Read 6768 times)
dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Strange Happenings
Jul 11th, 2012 at 1:30am
Print Post  
To: roger.a.smith@bsi.gov
Subject: C.O.R.E.
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2012 06:23:00-0500

Hey bud, sorry to bug you over the holidays, as I know you’ve been looking forward to spending some time with the family, but I’ve got something I want you to look into. I’m not sure if your familiar with C.O.R.E. (you can pull the file on them when you get back), but our liaison out there wants you and couple of your ESPER guys to come out for a few days next month. Once you get back, and get caught up on reports, I’ll try to schedule a video conference so we can work out the details. Let me know what day’s good for you and your team.

Senior Agent in Charge Mark Rogers

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Re: Strange Happenings
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 8:08am
Print Post  
OOC: As an aid to my friends who haven't been laid out at home with back pain the past couple days. Your Empire Internet (source book) will glean you this information on C.O.R.E.

Quote:

C.O.R.E.
The Center for Observation, Research, and Exploration

C.O.R.E. is an offshoot of NASA, primarily funded by the US Department of Defense, and it's primarily concerned with the search for extraterrestrial, as well as extra-dimensional life, and  ?

Cool
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2012 at 8:09am by Ranger »  

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
So someone does read the stuff I post.

YIM  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Smiley Mmm ... pretty sure just about every post in every thread that has anything to do with Protectors/Empire City. Twice.  Cool

(Have most of Doug's Guardians stuff and all of Ad Astras read through. Still working on some sections of Vanguard.)

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
I'm reading it, too!  Cool

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #5 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Been there, read that...

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 9:12am
Print Post  
To: mark.s.rogers@bsi.gov
Date: Thur, 18 Jan 2012 09:48:00-0500

Mark, just wanted to check in with you. Not quite sure what to make of this place yet, lots weirdness, and for me to say it's weird, you know it has to be out there. Lots of science geeks, and brainiacs running around here, crunching numbers, reviewing data, etc., etc. But, the stuff they're researching, is...well, out there.

I'm still going through the notes, Agent Willard had complied before his breakdown. From what I can see, his thoughts become more, and more disorganized as I read through them, so a lot of what he wrote doesn't make sense. While I didn't now him personally, I hear he was a good guy, and solid field agent. Let me know if I can do anything for his family.

The ESPER team is flying into Vegas tonight, and I'll be meeting them at the airport. Once they have a chance to settle in, they'll be meeting with the C.O.R.E. research staff, and checking out the data they've been collecting, as well as heading down to look at what these guys are calling "the pin hole".

I've only seen it on camera, as they don't want me "in the way", so I'll have to wait until the ESPER team get here before I can get an up close assessment of exactly what I think it is. Once I do, I'll file a report, and archive a copy in the database.

One last thing, if you could, how about speaking to the DOD liaison at HQ for me. While most of the military personnel here have been helpful, their commander is being a bit of an ass. I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with him, so if you could smooth things over, it'd be much appreciated.

Oh, and tell Becky that Susan called me last night, and would love to have the kids sleep over this weekend.

Senior Special Agent Roger Smith

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #7 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Eek.  The 'Pin Hole'?!?!  That does not sound good as nature abhors a vacuum... opening 'pin-holes' to other realms or continuities is decidedly risky! Smiley

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #8 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 2:50am
Print Post  
Date: Saturday, 20 Jan 2012 13:58:02

Mark, I just a quick update, as the ESPER team is about to take a crack at getting a “feel” for the Pin Hole (Which if DOD gets its way, will now be under their direct control). As soon as I get a chance to review their initial report, I’ll hit you up with the results. I’d also like to schedule a videoconference with you and some of the guys from R&D to see what they think.

On a personal note, when I get back, I think I’m going to take few days of leave, and spend some time with the family. I’m not sure if it’s jet lag, or if I’ve just been pushing myself to hard lately. I haven’t been sleeping well the past few nights, and I’ve got a nagging headache I just can’t seem to get rid of. I figure a few days of down time ought to do me well.

Senior Special Agent Roger Smith

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #9 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
To: Jeffrey.m.williams@bsi.gov
Date: Tuesday, 5 March 2012 09:13:38

Sir, I’ve forwarded a copy of my report to you, and the other member of the review board, but I wanted to make a few comments that didn’t make it into the official record.

First off, I want to offer my sincere condolences to families of the C.O.R.E. staff that were killed and injured. I also want Roger’s family to know if there is anything I can do for them, to please let me know. I’d known Roger for years; he was a good agent, and I don’t want this to be the way he’s remembered.

The psych guys seem to think he had some sort of psychotic break, although exactly what caused it is still up for debate. In my personal opinion, and this is nothing more than a gut feeling, it was that damned “Pin Hole”. This whole place flat out makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. And I’m not the only one. Something, although I’m not sure what, is going on here.

As it stands now, both members of ESPER team Alpha-Zero-One are still comatose, and the medical staff here has no idea if they’ll be able to revive them, as they’ve displayed no physical injuries. We’ve sealed off the area around the “Pin Hole”, and quarantined the entire area, until we can get anther ESPER team in there to see if they can shut the damn thing down. Until then I’m recommending that you keep any of our guys who test positive as psi-sensitive as far away from this place as possible.

Senior Special Agent in Charge
Mark Rogers

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #10 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Yeeeeaahh....  This is a problem.  Who didn't see this coming..oh.. yeah the researcher 'experts'.  Extra-dimensional possession and or sinister influence.. unconscious ESPer teams!  Who ever though this was a good Idea to mess with?  What state is this taking place in?  Think I'll move... to the opposite side of the PLANET from this mess!

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #11 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Yeah, poor dead insane Roger, and Rogers is next it seems  Shocked

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #12 - Apr 2nd, 2014 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Date: Friday, 8 March 2012 11:22:38

Mark, I’m just giving you the heads up that Agent Roger’s death has the people upstairs seriously considering withdrawing our support of C.O.R.E., and pulling our people out. If DOD and the Agency want to stay involved with it, that’s their business.

The management wants me to fly out tomorrow for a no BS assessment of the situation, and a final recommendation within the week. What I need from you, and your team, is a complete rundown of everything that’s happened since you arrived, especially anything that didn’t make it into your reports.

Jeffery M. Williams
Los Vegas Regional Field Office
U.S. Bureau of Special Investigations
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2016 at 6:16pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #13 - Apr 4th, 2014 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Damn.. poor guy..

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #14 - Jan 3rd, 2016 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Subject: C.O.R.E. Investigative Summery followup.
Date: Friday, 6 Nov 2014 13:27:38

Hey boss, I'm just checking in. I know that morale has been taking a beating, and the Congressional Committee gave the Director a rough time, but overall, I think we handled the situation as best we could. The Agents and the ESPer Team we had down there have all been cleared to return to full duty, and seem to be doing okay. Our Crisis Intervention Team did a hell of a job helping these guys  work through this, and get back on their feet again. I've been checking in with them, and all seem to be coping as best they can. 

As far as the Entity is concerned, the military black bagged it and carted it off to parts unknown. As far as I'm concerned, good riddance, as I don't want that damned thing anywhere near a populated area. What little data we could extract from the mainframe has been analyzed, but as you know, it's still really not making a lot of sense. From what we can tell, the thing is some sort of Psionic energy being, from what can best be described as an alternate energy universe. It gained entry into our world through that damned pin hole the C.O.R.E. techies opened up, without fully understanding what they were dealing with. Once it had access, its presence affected the mental stability of anyone in the facility, especially what the ESPers term "psi-senstive" staff members. And you know the rest from there. Staff members slowly started loosing their grip on reality, and several of them became psychotic, attacking their fellow staff members. Agent Rogers was one of those casualties. Luckily he was able to get out a call for help before he succumbed to his woulds. It took almost 8 hours for the response team to get the facility locked down, and then if it weren't for the timely intervention of several of our superhuman assets, there's no telling what could have happened. If that thing had gotten loose, it would have been a really bad day for us all. I'll be forwarding my recommendations, along with those of the Congressional Oversight Committee, to your office for final review before their implementation. If you have any additional recommendations or comments, could you kindly have your secretary forward them to me?

And lastly, I'll be taking a few days of vacation time near the end of the month, for the holidays, so I can spend a little time with the family. It's not often I get to see the boys, now that they're off in college, it'll also give us a chance to catch up on a few things. I'll be leaving things in my deputy's capable hands during that time.

Jeffery M. Williams
Los Vegas Regional Field Office
U.S. Bureau of Special Investigations
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2020 at 11:31pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #15 - Jan 5th, 2016 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Is the Agent Rogers spoken of (that was a casualty that succumbed to his wounds) the same person this is being sent to, or somebody different?

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #16 - Jan 5th, 2016 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Sorry for the confusion. Two different people, who just happen to share the same last name.  I should have used different surnames to make it easier to keep track of. One was a lowly field agent sent out to C.O.R.E. to act as a liaison, the other is a Regional Supervisor who's running the investigation in the what happened, and BSI's response.

Either way, I hope you guys are getting a little bit of enjoyment out of these.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #17 - Jan 5th, 2016 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Love reading it all man! Smiley

...Though.. I would like to know how the aliens the Protectors & Ronin fought resolved itself! {nudge-nudge}... just kidding its cool!

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

>