Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Plot Thread Thread (Read 9911 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

The Plot Thread Thread
Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
My memory is rotten.  And its getting rottener by the day.    And since none of my players seem to remember all the wonderful plot threads that I am starting to forget, I thought I would do the best thing for both of us and list out all the dangling plot threads.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: The Plot Thread Thread
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
The Lingering threat of the Octogon and the Blue Blood.   What is the plan of the self proclaimed  "eight smartest people on Earth"  and their mysterious leader the Blue Blood.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
The pending, and somewhat lingering threat of magical invasion from another dimension  I am sure Paulie has no clue what I am talking about with this one.   Anyone remember the Wandslinger?  How about the Acolyltes?  Remember the Candlemaker?  What do they all have in common?  They were all sent by the Mysterium, that cabal of magicians that runes the magical alternate version of Earth called Aearth.  Dr Isocoles says they are magical zealots and burn scientists at the stake.   I do wish you would pay attention, Paulie!

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
The Mushroom God:  I bet everyone forgot about the lingering, moldy threat of the Mushroom god and his Moldiods.  They still fungate beneath the earth, mutating beings to mushroomy plans  for a mushroomy future.   The Subterreanen his this beings  herald.  Anyone, Anyone?  Bueller?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
The Movians.  This one, everyone should recall.  If you don't,  you can no longer play.  I shun you.    If you do recall, remember, the call for the Sacred Allience was sent...

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
The Capellan  Threat.   They sent a signal  that took 54 years to reach us.  We responded with two space ships.  One an international effort, the Gilgamesh.  Anyone remember that it was captured by aliens,  its crew disected, studied and rebuilt as perfect beings?   Anyone remember we fought those perfect beings twice?  Gheese, why do I bother...

Anyone remember that the American space ship the Top Five Project, was also captured by aliens, its crew was disected and they were rebuilt at  the Top Five? Remember each one was as powerful as Captain Atlas and only one of them was needed to take out a Movian Dreadnaught? 

Anyway, anyone remember that these aliens said they were trying to build gods to defeat the being that is comming.
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:30pm by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
The Crystal Ship  Stormbringer had a vision when he went into hyperspace and saw a huge "cathedral like space ship" that was soon coming to judge all mankind.  I am just wishful thinking that anyone remembers that.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #7 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Increased Faery Activity:  Come on, pretend that you guys know about this one.  There has been a marked increase in Faery abuductions and activity.    Ok, I know I am the only one who recalls this.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #8 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
the Illithid threat:   These squid guys want to blow up the moon so they can flood the earth and return it to its time lost pre moon state.  Damn pain in the ass squid guys.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #9 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
The Cerebus  The man chosen by the Illuminanti to guard the enterence to hell.   Yup, I the Illuminanti, and  gates to hell, and  none of you even know what I am talking about.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #10 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Who the hell is Omega Girl  Who the hell is Omega Girl.  What the hell is Omega Girl.  Why are Jimmy's characters so fucking strange
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:25pm by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #11 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
The sacred balance:  Law Vs Chaos and all that D&D stuff that I loved.  the Seven Scions are the protectors of this balance.   Come on Eric, back me up on this one.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #12 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Kid Nemesis:   He inherited matter transmuting gloves and no one thinks I have an entire senario involving  crazy world spanning shit, death, sex and violence to go with it?   You make me sad.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #13 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:19pm:
The Capellan  Threat.   They sent a single that took 54 years to reach us.  We responded with two space ships.  One an international effort, the Gilgamesh.  Anyone remember that it was captured by aliens,  its crew disected, studied and rebuilt as perfect beings?   Anyone remember we fought those perfect beings twice?  Gheese, why do I bother...

Anyone remember that the American space ship the Top Five Project, was also captured by aliens, its crew was disected and they were rebuilt at  the Top Five? Remember each one was as powerful as Captain Atlas and only one of them was needed to take out a Movian Dreadnaught? 

Anyway, anyone remember that these aliens said they were trying to build gods to defeat the being that is comming.

I thought it was the Alpha Omega but that may have been a different space adventure.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #14 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:10pm:
The Lingering threat of the Octogon and the Blue Blood.   What is the plan of the self proclaimed  "eight smartest people on Earth"  and their mysterious leader the Blue Blood.

The Y2K is coming. See Captain Warlock and his PM's to you on what he is downloading.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #15 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Judgment Day:   Anyone recall that there is an 8000lb purple guy in the Deep Six Holding Facility that is sleeping, untill the day he wakes up and Judges Us All ( and you know he is not going to say, its cool, I am now going to work at 7 11.)

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #16 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:24pm:
The Cerebus  The man chosen by the Illuminanti to guard the enterence to hell.   Yup, I the Illuminanti, and  gates to hell, and  none of you even know what I am talking about.

This was before my gaming time with you.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #17 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:20pm:
The Crystal Ship  Stormbringer had a vision when he went into hyperspace and saw a huge "cathedral like space ship" that was soon coming to judge all mankind.  I am just wishful thinking that anyone remembers that.

The Captain commented on this already. it wopuld probably also reference to Island Zero. Hey he's trying to save all the Races. Nomoi's too.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #18 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
THE ONI wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:31pm:
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:19pm:
The Capellan  Threat.   They sent a single that took 54 years to reach us.  We responded with two space ships.  One an international effort, the Gilgamesh.  Anyone remember that it was captured by aliens,  its crew disected, studied and rebuilt as perfect beings?   Anyone remember we fought those perfect beings twice?  Gheese, why do I bother...

I thought it was the Alpha Omega but that may have been a different space adventure.

Someone remembers.  No taint punch for you.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #19 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:21pm:
Increased Faery Activity:  Come on, pretend that you guys know about this one.  There has been a marked increase in Faery abuductions and activity.    Ok, I know I am the only one who recalls this.

Dick was a bit concerned about this until he met Moldy Mary.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #20 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:14pm:
The Mushroom God:  I bet everyone forgot about the lingering, moldy threat of the Mushroom god and his Moldiods.  They still fungate beneath the earth, mutating beings to mushroomy plans  for a mushroomy future.   The Subterreanen his this beings  herald.  Anyone, Anyone?  Bueller?

Sort of before my time but we did have a run in with the crazed scientist who was studying the spores.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #21 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:25pm:
Who the hell is Omega Girl  Who the hell is Omega Girl.  What the hell is Omega Girl.  Why are Jimmy's characters so fucking strange

There were a few clues about the Omega's if I can call them that. Uh, Actually it was you who told me Omega was going to be my Craziest Character yet. I was forced into this one. Cheesy

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #22 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Mjolnir's mold:  When they made that hammer, they DIDN'T break the mold.   If anyone cares to remember, that pesky squirrel, or a reasonable fever dream facsimile of, whispered to Modi that someone had stolen the mold that the dwarves used to make Mjolnir.   Imagine if someone with a background in mass production got a hold of this...

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #23 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
The Dragon Sleeps Tonight:  In the mountain, the mighty mountain, the Dragon sleeps tonight.   Hey yup a high, a wing a womp a wing a womp.  Hush, my player, my frightened player Fafnir sleeps tonight....

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #24 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
The Mighty Mars:  How is it that Col Strong bears an uncanny resembleance to a space hero who fought the early Movian Empire over 10,000 years ago?  And what an odd coincidence that  Col Strong now seems to bear the same weapon as that ancient space hero.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #25 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Tycho City  Did you all forget that there is a newly build super scientific city of at least 5000 metahumans ( and a handful of metamovians) living in the moon.  DO YOU EVEN CARE!

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #26 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
The City of Dreams is becomeing the City of Nightmares:  And what about Science City?  Oh, thats right.  You all forgot.   Oh brother...

Don't you recall that crazy pants architect Philip Yurt designed  Science City to be the fully automated city of the Future?  It's patened pyschoteture was created to insure blissful dreams to its inhabitants.  But of of course, that greedy 1%er  Philip Manning, aka possessed Chthulu cultests and father of Manta Man, used cheaper materials causing not blissful dreams, but nightmares.   Oh thats right, you don't care cause Paulie can't punch a nightmare...

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #27 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Who are the Keepers?    Hello,  five guys?  Not Burgers and fries, mind you, but secret, mysterious guys who always show up, sometimes help out, but always keep their mouths shut.
A guy in white, a guy in black, a guy in gray, a guy in multicolors, and a kid in green.    Been showing up since Paulie and I played in college.  Showed up in Alburqurque with my South West Posse.  Showing up now, and no one even asks who the crappity smack they are.   I hate you all.
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:58pm by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #28 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
The Empress of the Sun:  You just don't care that a rogue CHESS agent takes a magic sword that gives her god like powers over the islands of Japan, and declares herself empress, do you?   Do you even care that her advisers are marine creatures called Watermen?   Do you care that she pays them in cucumbers?   Do you care that  Japan has been rocked by monsters from Island Zero?  Do you care that the Empress ( who forced the current emperor to divorce his wife and marry her so she is the legit emperess) mandated that Island Zero is now part of Imperial Japan?  Do you CARE that this violates the UN's Proclomation Zero?   DO You care that this may lead to war with China, Russia and the US?   You don't care.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #29 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:12pm:
The pending, and somewhat lingering threat of magical invasion from another dimension  I am sure Paulie has no clue what I am talking about with this one.   Anyone remember the Wandslinger?  How about the Acolyltes?  Remember the Candlemaker?  What do they all have in common?  They were all sent by the Mysterium, that cabal of magicians that runes the magical alternate version of Earth called Aearth.  Dr Isocoles says they are magical zealots and burn scientists at the stake.   I do wish you would pay attention, Paulie!

This is directed at Paul so  My only question to you  is "Is the Dr's assistant aging at an alarming rate or remaining the same?"

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #30 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:15pm:
The Movians.  This one, everyone should recall.  If you don't,  you can no longer play.  I shun you.    If you do recall, remember, the call for the Sacred Allience was sent...

Omega heard but is now Dead, sort of. Captian Warlock was not there but if he was he could share some info.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #31 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:23pm:
the Illithid threat:   These squid guys want to blow up the moon so they can flood the earth and return it to its time lost pre moon state.  Damn pain in the ass squid guys.

With luck the Introduction of Unigue may help. With bad luck it could make it even worse.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #32 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:28pm:
Kid Nemesis:   He inherited matter transmuting gloves and no one thinks I have an entire senario involving  crazy world spanning shit, death, sex and violence to go with it?   You make me sad.

Mike???

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #33 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:33pm:
Judgment Day:   Anyone recall that there is an 8000lb purple guy in the Deep Six Holding Facility that is sleeping, untill the day he wakes up and Judges Us All ( and you know he is not going to say, its cool, I am now going to work at 7 11.)

So all we can do is wait. Does he say he is going to Judge everyone or is he judging All of Humanity. Dick Dante might have an out here.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #34 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:15pm:
Mjolnir's mold:  When they made that hammer, they DIDN'T break the mold.   If anyone cares to remember, that pesky squirrel, or a reasonable fever dream facsimile of, whispered to Modi that someone had stolen the mold that the dwarves used to make Mjolnir.   Imagine if someone with a background in mass production got a hold of this...

Missed that one. I am ashamed

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #35 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:20pm:
Tycho City  Did you all forget that there is a newly build super scientific city of at least 5000 metahumans ( and a handful of metamovians) living in the moon.  DO YOU EVEN CARE!

Before my time but Omega did visit. Never saw anyone but a weird Alien.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #36 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:16pm:
The Dragon Sleeps Tonight:  In the mountain, the mighty mountain, the Dragon sleeps tonight.   Hey yup a high, a wing a womp a wing a womp.  Hush, my player, my frightened player Fafnir sleeps tonight....

And if you pay attention to other posts you notice some characters have actually walked through those Dreams my friends. At least I think so.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #37 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:18pm:
The Mighty Mars:  How is it that Col Strong bears an uncanny resembleance to a space hero who fought the early Movian Empire over 10,000 years ago?  And what an odd coincidence that  Col Strong now seems to bear the same weapon as that ancient space hero.

How Strange......

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #38 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:23pm:
The City of Dreams is becomeing the City of Nightmares:  And what about Science City?  Oh, thats right.  You all forgot.   Oh brother...

Don't you recall that crazy pants architect Philip Yurt designed  Science City to be the fully automated city of the Future?  It's patened pyschoteture was created to insure blissful dreams to its inhabitants.  But of of course, that greedy 1%er  Philip Manning, aka possessed Chthulu cultests and father of Manta Man, used cheaper materials causing not blissful dreams, but nightmares.   Oh thats right, you don't care cause Paulie can't punch a nightmare...

Well we did remove the oricalch. (Probably spelled it wrong). It was also very Moevian shaped in Design. Smart guy that Dr. Yurt.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #39 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:57pm:
Who are the Keepers?    Hello,  five guys?  Not Burgers and fries, mind you, but secret, mysterious guys who always show up, sometimes help out, but always keep their mouths shut.
A guy in white, a guy in black, a guy in gray, a guy in multicolors, and a kid in green.    Been showing up since Paulie and I played in college.  Showed up in Alburqurque with my South West Posse.  Showing up now, and no one even asks who the crappity smack they are.   I hate you all.

Dick thinks he has a clue. Wally would have but he went boom.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #40 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 11:05pm:
The Empress of the Sun:  You just don't care that a rogue CHESS agent takes a magic sword that gives her god like powers over the islands of Japan, and declares herself empress, do you?   Do you even care that her advisers are marine creatures called Watermen?   Do you care that she pays them in cucumbers?   Do you care that  Japan has been rocked by monsters from Island Zero?  Do you care that the Empress ( who forced the current emperor to divorce his wife and marry her so she is the legit emperess) mandated that Island Zero is now part of Imperial Japan?  Do you CARE that this violates the UN's Proclomation Zero?   DO You care that this may lead to war with China, Russia and the US?   You don't care.

Uh, I did ask for an Update on this a few months back if you recall. Lucky it's her as the Empress and not The Oni (My former character) as Emperor. The Other Oni would have been even worse but he was Emperor for a few days, wasn't he? Disguised himself as Yoshi. Very Rude John. Very Rude.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #41 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Just think All. These and all the other fine Plot Seeds could be ours if we all could just show up together for gaming nights every now and then.

Somehow even if we did every other Friday there would still be a few hundred more we just couldn't get to.

Cute Little Omega Girl is ready.

Captain Warlock just wants to save Everyone. Especially from Themselves.

Someday you will all meeet The Dreaded Dick Dante. As of today still no PC has though I think his name was recently brought up at CHESS Headquarters. maybe there will be a knock at The Century House's front door. When he gets back there of course......

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #42 - Jan 29th, 2013 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Bumping this up for our Group.

I put in a bunch of responses but should have entered as one response.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #43 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Aren't a few of these things going on right now????

Including Judgement walking the Halls......

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #44 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
So John,

Can you tempt us??? What other so obvious things is the group missing???

New story arc and so many plots......

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #45 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
The Explorer, AKA Doctor Aberrant aka The Anathamathatcian aka Ex Man in Yellow, said to Scion when asked what is to come said, " Look towards science..."

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #46 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 8:00am
Print Post  
I gotta whole lot O'science......in ma pants!

Cool

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #47 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 8:25am
Print Post  
Great. Cryptic Time Travellers.

The Whole World gets screwed up for months by a computer virus.

Is Science the problem or the answer?

Guess that's why it's a plot seed...... Smiley

IP Logged

agent of fortune
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #48 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 3:01am
Print Post  
I hope this is in the right place.

My previous campaign started when a villain with solid illusion created a Godzilla type monster who started rampaging around town  to lure the players into a fight. While they were busy the rest of the bad guys broke into one of the governments secret storage facilities (similar to Warehouse13) and stole a number of sealed crates. The players arrived at the warehouse just in time to see the bad guys teleport out.

The players were given a list of stolen items that they
needed to recover along with a list of potential bad guys who may have pulled the job.
Here are a few of the stolen items i remember :
A box of artificial belly buttons.
A device that opened temporary gateways to random dimensions the name of which escapes me.
The Delirium Travesty device.
The Bounce Razor.

« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2014 at 3:05am by agent of fortune »  

IP Logged

>