Normal Topic [TAS] Issue #1 Bonus Story: Puzzle me this... (Read 318 times)
Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

[TAS] Issue #1 Bonus Story: Puzzle me this...
Dec 22nd, 2012 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Two weeks after defeating Electru, Professor Sweet is in his office when Sterling walks in. He shows him the big story in the paper about some costumed criminal who robbed a train for a million dollars in gold bullion.

This new villain, calling himself The Puzzler, sent a package to the newspaper, which Sterling brought with him. It's a direct challenge to Sweet Scientist, as The Puzzler wants to taunt him. It includes a written Puzzle, as well as nine hand crafted Puzzle pieces.

Putting together the puzzle, Sweet find a map that leads from the university to the Museum of Natural History. Sterling drives him there, and he sees signs for a new exhibit of artifacts from southeast Asia on display. One in particular, the Statue of Soloong (a statue made of solid gold depicting a being that looks like a cross between a chimp and a toad), is worth over a million dollars by itself.

Sweet & Sterling examine the statue, when they hear a noise coming from the rafters above. The Puzzler looks down on them, and he and Sweet exchange words (with Sweet calling him "Patches McGee") before he swings down, smashing the case containing the statue!

Sweet hesitates briefly, while Puzzler grabs the statue, and attempts to flee. Sweet leaps over the shattered display case, and swings at Puzzler. He connects once, and after reeling slightly, Puzzler clocks Sweet with the statue.

Puzzler attempts to flee, and almost makes it out of the museum, but Sweet charges him, tackling him down and knocking him out with a right cross to the jaw. He takes the statue and returns it to the museum curator, who thanks him. He turns back to Sterling, who is cuffing the unconscious villain. Sterling comments "He wasn't so tough, was he Sweet?". Sweet looks down at his fallen opponent, and replies "His intellect was no match for my fists of Physics!"

The End

IP Logged

>