Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The New Millennium Universe (Read 17411 times)
dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: The New Millennium Universe
Reply #35 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:00am
Print Post  
So what do you guys think of the last few additions?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Dr.Demented
Teen Titan

who knows what evil lurks
in heart of man

Reply #36 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 8:07am
Print Post  
they are great Dom like all the work i seen you done so far Cool

YIM  
IP Logged

Dr. Dave
Apprentice

Danger Unlimited

Reply #37 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
I've actually been taking peeks at this thread for the last few days.  I like the write-ups and artwork.  I'm getting the impression Black Raven was based on Tomahawk from the T.O.T.E.M. module (not a bad thing; just a comment).

Describe the universe.  Give three examples.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #38 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Dr. Dave wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 5:38pm:
I'm getting the impression Black Raven was based on Tomahawk from the T.O.T.E.M. module (not a bad thing; just a comment).

Correct sir.  Smiley

YIM  
IP Logged

Dr. Dave
Apprentice

Danger Unlimited

Reply #39 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
In my original V&V campaign, I used most of the old modules.  TOTEM remained one of my favorite organizations, and I found ways to use Bearclaw, Karnage and Gila as recurring characters.  More than that, but one of the players liked Tomahawk so much that I let him "retire" his original character and play Tomahawk instead.

There was some good stuff in TOTEM.  FORCE, too.  In fact, in my new universe, one of the major villains is loosely patterned after Phantasm.

Describe the universe.  Give three examples.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #40 - Mar 20th, 2014 at 1:59am
Print Post  
PROMETHEUS
"Knowledge is power"

OVERVIEW

Prometheus is a criminal organization out to control with world's technologies. The more exotic the tech, the better. How they actually acquire the technology is of little to no concern to them. They've had repeated run-ins with The Foundry, a good number of high-tech heroes, and several technology welding villains. It wouldn't be unusual for a battlesuit equipped hero, a gadgeteer, or an alien to pop up on their radar, and at least rate a visit from one of their "tech recovery teams". Interpol believes the group maintains several small "research centers" throughout North America and Europe (where it seems to concentrate most of its activities), but various intelligence reports have stated that they beginning to branch out into Asia, namely Japan, Malaysia, and India. They make extensive use of "Inorganics" (robots) in their operations, and their "Cybernuats" are not to be toyed with. They maintain a small cadre of "research assistants", and security techs to staff their research facilities.

HISTORY

The organization had its origins during the early 1960’s, when a small group of businessmen realized that not only was the world around them changing, but it was changing rapidly. No longer would the control of world’s natural resources assure their continued wealth and power. New technologies were allowing the average citizen to do things their parents had never dreamed of. The group recognized that controlling these technologies would not only allow them to achieve the power the all deeply desired, but to maintain it.

They started off small, buying controlling interests in communications, medical research, or aerospace firms, but they quickly realized that their initial efforts wouldn't be enough. They soon expanded their scope to industrial espionage, sabotage of competitors, or out right theft. They also found that their operations were attracting the attention of law enforcement and organized crime. To counter these threats they created a small "security force" to protect their facilities.

<<< PLACE HOLDER >>>
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2014 at 2:00am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #41 - Mar 20th, 2014 at 2:04am
Print Post  
DAGGER

Dagger is a European based criminal organization formed during the closing days of WWII, by a group of organized crime “families”, several criminal organizations, and the remnants of several of the less scrupulous Allied resistance groups.

With the war in Europe rapidly drawing to a close, the heads of several Western European criminal organizations realized that with the end of the war, there would be power vacuum that could be easily exploited. Pooling their resources to capitalize on the lack of strong central governments, in what was once occupied Europe, the seeds of what would eventually become DAGGER were planted. Within a few short years, the group hand managed to establish a criminal network that rivaled the American Mafia.

Preferring to remain in the shadows, DAGGER primarily concentrates its activities on such as the manufacturing, and distribution, of the latest designer drugs, money laundering, extortion, blackmail, industrial espionage, weapons smuggling, human trafficking, the theft of high-tech equipment.

While Dagger has primarily concentrated its activities to Western European operation, namely Germany, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands, over the last decade they’ve begun to expand outward, branching into many former Eastern Bloc countries, which has brought them into conflict with other organized crime groups in Eastern Europe, and Russia.

DAGGER Operatives:  The typical DAGGER operative tends to range from 4th to 7th level.

Notes: The group’s emblem is a stylized dagger stuck into a map of Europe.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #42 - Mar 20th, 2014 at 2:07am
Print Post  
A.E.G.I.S.
Allied Espionage and Global Investigative Service

OVERVIEW

AEGIS is a US government’s paramilitary agency tasked with monitoring metahuman activity within the continental US. Its headquarters is located in suburban Maryland, with offices scattered throughout the US. Agents would be recruited from colleges, universities, other law enforcement, and intelligence agencies (FBI, DEA, ATF, etc.), or former members of the US military (Navy SEALs, Army Rangers, Special Forces, Marine Recon, etc.).

HISTORY

Created in the 1950's, by President Eisenhower, as America's response to the growing number of super humans, AEGIS stands as the primary United States law enforcement agency, dealing with so called "super crimes".

ORGANIZATION

Operations Division
- Field Offices
Research & Development Division - Located Northwestern Virginia.
Training Academy

The Castle - The AEGIS' headquarters complex, located in suburban Southeastern Maryland /DC Metro area.
The Aerie - A secret AEGIS orbital launch facility.

AEGIS Operatives

Deputy Director of Operations - James Cartwright
Special Agent Edward Noy
Special Agent Samantha Gold

Paladin Power Armor - Armored exoskeletons worn by field agents during high-threat situations, such as responding to superhuman threats.
Specialized Light Attack Mecha (SLAM) - Light Mecha Battlesuits worn by specially trained teams of AEGIS field agents. They're heavily armed and armored.

Vehicles

Pegasus - AEGIS VTOL Transport
Valkyrie - AEGIS VTOL Gunship
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2014 at 1:19am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #43 - Mar 20th, 2014 at 2:09am
Print Post  
ARGUS – A US Military intelligence agency tasked with monitoring metahuman activity outside the US.

Project Looking Glass - A secret US Government surveillance program, started in the early 1950's, to detect and monitor metahuman activities, and access whether or not they posed a possible threat to US national security interests.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #44 - Mar 20th, 2014 at 2:11am
Print Post  
TRIDENT

OVERVIEW

Trident is a maritime themed criminal organization primarily operating off the coast of Africa, along the Pacific Rim, and in the waters surrounding South East Asia. They primarily engage in piracy, attacking ship carrying hi-tech cargoes, oil, high value goods.

Moray - One of Trident's super powered operatives.

Trident Raider - Trident's shock troops.

The Leviathan - Trident's massive submarine/base of operations.

Piranha Mini-Subs - One man mini-subs used by Trident Raiders.

Robo-Squids

Powers:
1. Robotic Body: +10 Strength; Water Breathing.
2. Squid Powers:

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #45 - Mar 20th, 2014 at 2:11am
Print Post  
Pandora

OVERVIEW

Pandora is an all female criminal organization whose operatives specialize in industrial espionage, blackmail, and assassinations.

Hemlock - One of Pandora's top field operatives.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #46 - Mar 20th, 2014 at 4:46am
Print Post  
The Raven

Identity
: Mark Armstrong
Aliases: None
Sex: Male
Marital Status: Single
Known Relatives:
Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois
Side: Good
Affiliation: The Guardians
Known Associates: Red Bird
Base of Operations: The Citadel
Level: 18
Training: Defense

Powers:
1. Armor B: Ballistic Fabric Costume: ADR =85.
a) Heightened Senses: Night Vision (Cowl):
b) Glider Cape:
2. Special Weapon: Utility Belt:
a) Smoke bombs: Creates 2” x 2” area of Darkness. (2) Carried.
b) Mini-Flash Grenades: Attacks Light Control. (2) Carried.
c) Tear Gas Grenades: (2) Carried.
d) Mini-Explosives:
e) Lock picks:
f) Electronic Lock Pick:
g) Mini-tool Set:
h) Hand Cuffs & keys: (2) carried. 
i) High-tensile wile: 100’carried.
i) Collapsible Baton:
3. Natural Weaponry: Unarmed Combat Training: +3 to hit, +6 HTH damage.
4. Heightened Expertise: +4 with everything.
5. Heightened Defense: -4 to be hit while conscious and mobile.
6. Willpower A: PR=1 per turn when used as a defense.
7. Willpower B: Through sheer force of will, he’s trained his body to Olympic levels of performance.
8. Training: +4 to hit with HTH attacks.
9. Invention: Carbon Fiber reinforced knuckles on his gloves: +3 HTH damage.
10. Invention: Mini-Gas Mask: Acts as Life Support vs. gases.

Origin and Background:

Combat Tactics:

Personality/Character Traits:

Rouges Gallery: Death Warrant
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2014 at 9:20am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Baretta
Avenger

Former V&V Player

Reply #47 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
I like Utility Belt as a special weapon. I wonder if anyone with a Utility Belt has ever used the belt itself as a weapon.
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2014 at 9:36pm by Baretta »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #48 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Baretta wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 9:32pm:
I like Utility Belt as a special weapon. I wonder if anyone with a Utility Belt has ever used the belt itself as a weapon.

I can see it being used as a "club" to bludgeon someone in a pinch.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #49 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 1:17am
Print Post  
THE CITADEL

OVERVIEW

The Citadel is a paramilitary criminal organization dedicated to world conquest. It's ranks are composed of highly trained soldiers, and several lower level super villains, who're completely loyal to their master. Regulus has managed to outfit them with state of the art weaponry (See Below) and equipment, that is only rivaled in sophistication by weapons produced by the enigmatic weapons producers known as the Foundry. Where her's managed to acquire this technology remains a mystery at this time.

STRONGHOLD

Stronghold is actually a specially designed underground bunker complex, located in Eastern Africa, that serves as Overlord's’ base of operations. In addition to Stronghold, the Citadel also maintains a series of logistic complexes, and weapons/vehicle storage depots throughout its area of operations. While small in size, they allow for quick resupply of troops in the field.

CITADEL SHOCK TROOPERS

A typical Citadel Shock Trooper would be between 2nd and 3rd level (it's rare to find a 1st level Shock Trooper. 4th level Troopers are usually Non-Commissioned Officers (NCOs - Corporals or Sergeants) commanding a squad of 4-5 lower level troops. They'll typically have Strength, Endurance, and Agility scores between 12-14. Citadel Officers usually rank between 5th-7th level, and have Intelligence and Charisma scores of at least 13. They command groups of 20-60 Shock Troops, depending on their rank within the organization.

THE IMPERIAL GUARD

The Imperial Guard are the Citadel's elite shock troops. All are between 7th-9th level, with Strength, Endurance, and Agility scores of at least 14, in addition they're outfitted with specially designed A.R.E.S. (Armored Reconnaissance and Evasion Suit) Battle Armor and energy weapons (see below).

A.R.E.S. Battle Armor

Powers:
1. Armor B: ADR=95.
a) Heightened Strength: +10.
b) Life Support: 12 hours life support.
b) Heightened Senses: Night Vision; 3x detect hidden.
c) Secure communications system: 3 channels: intra/inter-squad, command, emergency.
2. Speed Bonus: Jump Pack: +50" ground speed.
3. Pulse Rifle: (See Below).

CITADEL WEAPONS

- M-22 Energy Pistol:Attacks as Light Control, 1d12 damage, R=15",12 charges per power pack. 2 spare power packs normally carried.
- XM-90 Pulse Rifle: Attacks as Power Blast, 1d12 damage, Range = 25", 20 charges per power pack. 3 spare power packs carried.

VEHICLES

Behemoth Main Battle Tank:
Weight: 80,000 lbs.
Passengers: 4
Cargo Capacity: 7,500 lbs.
Speed: 45 MPH hwy., 30 MPH off road
Hits to Disable: 400
Hits to Destroy: 1,600
Armament:
1) Main Gun: 2,600" Range, HTH+6 to hit target, Explosive Shell as per Large Bomb.
2) Heavy Machine Gun:
3) "Snap Fire" Anti-Tank Missiles: HTH +4 to Hit, Explosive Warhead as per Medium Bomb.
4) "Blowdart" Surface-to-Air Missiles: HTH +4 to Hit, Explosive Warhead as per Medium Bomb.

SUPERVILLAIN CADRE

As part of his schemes for world domination, Overlord has enlisted the aid of several supervillains. This group is lead by the villain Regulus, who acts as Overlord's field commander, and right hand man. If any of the Citadel's villain cadre are encountered, they will tend to be commanding groups of Citadel troops in battle, or supervising one of the organizations logistic/support facilities.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #50 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 1:18am
Print Post  
EUROFORCE

OVERVIEW

EUROFORCE is the European Union’s official super team. Based in Brussels, Belgium, the team had its origins in an idea pushed through the European Parliament by the France and Germany, to create a European based super team capable of handling superhuman threats, without having to depend on US based supers. The team's primary mandate would be to respond to incidents of super/metahuman crimes; assist in humanitarian operations; and assist the public. It’s secondary purpose, and one that's not publicly acknowledged, was to offset some of the prestige of the many American super teams currently operating.

As laid out in the group's charter, each member nation would be able to call on the team during an emergency (I'm thinking 10-15 members), a main HQ located in central Europe (the French were pushing for Paris), and 3-4 support bases located at various locations (Several former Eastern Block countries, lead by Poland, want to make sure that they are not left out of the decision making process). Turkey is upset because they were not asked to provide a member, and has asked the US to place pressure on several of it's NATO allies to discuss the matter.

To assist with funding, the team is heavily marketed. In addition to an official clothing line, there's also an extremely popular line of toys, video games, an animated series, and several graphic novels:

<<<PLACE HOLDER>>>

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #51 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 1:21am
Print Post  
Super Prisons

The Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) maintains an agreement with the FBI, US Marshals Service, DHS, and AEGIS to handle transport, confinement, and if necessary execution, of any “supervillains” taken into custody by the US government, or an allied government requesting US assistance.

Other than regular prisons, there are currently four facilities specifically designed and built to house superbeings/metahumans. The first two of these are “Supermax” facilities. One is located in the Nevada desert, near the US Dept. of Energy‘s Nevada Test Site, while the second is located in the Texas Panhandle, near the Gulf Coast. Both are primarily used for the non-powered, or low power level villains. Both facilities maintain large, well trained security staffs. In addition, BOP Special Operations Response Team (SORT), are on standby to respond to any security incidents that may arise.

The other two facilities are, “Ultramax” (nicknamed "The Pit" by both the staff and inmates housed there) and the Special Containment Facility (SCU, or "Deep Freeze"). Ultramax is currently home to some the more powerful villains, while the SCU currently houses a number of classified subjects in "cold sleep". Ultramax is located off the Alaskan coast and the SCU is located on a small atoll in the South Pacific. Both facilities are constructed deep underground as an added security feature.

The Pit was constructed on what was a Cold War early warning radar site. The site is only accessible by air, with all sea passages being monitored by a series of highly sophisticated acoustic and magnetic buoys, surveillance satellites, US Navy and Coast Guard vessels. In addition, several Alaska Air National Guard fighters are maintained on “Strip Alert” ready to respond at a moments notice.

"Deep Freeze" is located on Atuu Atoll, a small island somewhere in the South Pacific, but its exact location is classified. It's a former US government bio-warfare research facility, that was closed down in the early 80's, only to be reactivated in 2001 and converted into a super prison. While most of the facility is constructed underground, the facility has a dozen buildings above ground (Air Traffic Control tower, aircraft hangers, boat dock, maintenance buildings, etc.) along with an airstrip capable of receiving C-17 transport aircraft.

All facility security personnel, at both facilities, have access to the newly developed "Warden" Power Armor, which enhances the wearers strength, and provides protection from hostile environments.

Warden Power Armor

Powers:
1. Armor B: ADR=75.
2. Heightened Strength: +12.
3. Life Support: 12 hours.
4. 5 Points Invulnerability vs. Heat, Cold, Chemical, and Kinetic/Ballistic/Cutting based attacks.
5. Heightened Senses: Helmet comm system w/a 5 mile range; IR visor visor w/image enhancing system. 3x detect hidden.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #52 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Criminal Regime of International Mercenary Elite - (C.R.I.M.E.)

Here's my take on a modern incarnation of Ken Cliffe's C.R.I.M.E. from Alone into the Night & Super-Crooks & Criminals.

The criminal organization, known o the world as C.R.I.M.E., began its existence a little over a decade ago, when the Frenchman Louis de Cotret came up the idea of forming a group of highly skilled assassins and thieves to capitalize on the increasing number of assassinations and spectacular crimes happening on, what seemed to him, an almost daily basis. The group’s primary purpose would be to make money hiring out the services of its members, to anyone willing to meet their price. C.R.I.M.E. would function as a clearing house for super powered criminals seeking to gain employment. Clients wishing to make use of their services will contact them, through a series of cut-outs, a fee is negotiated, of which CRIME will take a 20% cut, and a contract will be cut.

Everything was working exactly as de Cotret had envisioned. Within a few short years, C.R.I.M.E. had grown from what was initially a small group people, to a world-spanning criminal organization, its ranks filled with some of the world’s most dangerous criminals. Then the unexpected happened, de Cotret suffered a massive heart attack, and died, leaving the group without his leadership.

As chance would have it, several of C.R.I.M.E.'s long term members, saw this as an opportunity to not only seize power, but to strengthen C.R.I.M.E.’s position within the criminal underworld. Leadership would now be in the hands of a "council" of five members, with no one member holding absolute power. Each member of the council would receive one "vote", and each member votes on whether or not a particular "job" gets accepted, with a majority of votes needed to perform any particular action. The fee for a job is in direct ratio to its difficulty and danger of the contract. The starting price for any operation starts at the hundred thousand mark in the currency of the group's choice.

Since its inception, C.R.I.M.E.’s membership has varied, as it constantly changing and evolving. As of a few months ago, its membership consisted of the following:

Blaze - An African Amerian villian with various flame/fire based powers.
Brimstone - From Alone into the Night.
Freon - A canadian villain with and armored battlesuit, and implants that allow him to create cold/ice.
Melee - A female French assassin with the ability to literally turn any object into a deadly weapon.
Overload - An American villain with electrical based abilities.
Psi-Lancer - From Alone into the Night.
Python - A Brazilian villain with stretching abilities.
Stallion - From Super-Crooks & Criminals
Siren - From Super-Crooks & Criminals
White Lightning - A female African American superspeedster.

C.R.I.M.E. Cruiser - A transport aircraft used to ferry members of C.R.I.M.E. to and from jobs.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #53 - Aug 24th, 2014 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Blackheart

Identity: Shamus McCoullough
Aliases: To many to mention
Known Relatives: None, though he is known to have fathered several children
Place of Birth: Alba
Side: Evil
Affiliation: Independent Villain
Known Associates: None
Base of Operations: Edinburgh, Scotland
Level: 17
Training: Agility

Powers:
1. Mutation: Immortality: Shamus never ages.
2. Heightened Strength B: +17.
3. Heightened Senses: Mystic Awareness: Allows him to detect the use of, or presence of mystical energy.
4. Heightened Intelligence A: +14.
5. Heightened Charisma A: +11.
6. Willpower A: PR=1 per turn when used as defense.
7. Magic Spells Device: Enchanted Ring: Allows him to draw on  he ambient mystical energies present in the area, and channel them. 
a) Mystic Bolt: Attack as Powerblast, 1d20 damage, R=Ex2 (38”), PR=3.
b) Mirror Image: This spell creates a mirror image of the spellcaster. Treat as Illusions A. R=Ix2, PR=2+1 per every three additional images additional image created.
c) Thunderbolt: Attacks as Lightning Control, doing 2d8 damage, and serving as a carrier for a Sonic Attack of 1d12. R=INTx2, PR=7.
e) Banshee’s Whale: Attacks as a Sonic attack inflicting 1d12 damage. PR=2, R= INT x 2.
e) Spirit Drain: The victim is affected as though they were hit with a Devitalization Ray attack. R=Ix2, PR=3.
f) When the spellcaster claps his hands, a massive sonic boom is created. Attacks as Sonic Abilities.1d12 damage, R= END, PR=3.
8. Invention: Amulet of Protection: Provides him with 20 points of invulnerability vs. magic and mystical/supernatural creatures.
9. Training: +4 Accuracy w/Magic Spells.
10. Training: +2 to hit with sword cane.
11. Curse: Shamus is cursed with immortality.

Weapons:
Sword Cane: +2 to hit; HTH +1d6 damage
Boot Dagger: +1 to hit; HTH +1d2 damage

Weight: 210 lbs.                           
Basic Hits: 5
Agility Mod:-                        
Strength: 27
Endurance: 19                        
Agility: 17
Intelligence: 27                  
Charisma: 27
Reactions from Good: -5            
Evil: +5
Hit Mods:. 12.3904                  
Hit Points: 62
Healing Rate: 2.5
Power: 90      
Damage Mod.: +4                  
Accuracy: +2                        
Carrying Capacity: 2,266 lbs.            
Basic HTH Damage: 1d12
Movement Rates: 63” ground
Detect Hidden: 20%                  
Detect Danger: 24%
Inventing Points: 28.7                        
Inventing: 81%
Origin and Background: Arcane studies
Legal Status: UK Citizen

Origin and Background: Shamus McCoullough was born in a small village in what would become the Scottish countryside not long after Roman troops first set foot in what would one day become the United Kingdom.

<<<PLACE HOLDER>>>

Combat Tactics/M.O.: While Blackheart prefers not to sully his hands with such mundane tasks as combat, he more than capable of handling himself. He prefers to use his magical abilities to quickly incapacitate an enemy. He likes to lead off with Spirit Drain to weaken his intended target, before quickly following up with either a Mystic Bolt or Thunderbolt spell to test their mettle. When forced t go on the defensive, he’ll use his Shield spell to fend off attacks, and his Mirror Image to either gain the advantage during an attack, or to allow him to beat hasty retreat. He saves his sword cane for those who truly earn his respect.

Personality/Character Traits: While Blackheart likes to portray himself as an aristocratic Scottish gentleman, interested in the arts and culture, he is in reality, nothing more than a common thug with a temper and penchant for alcohol, and mood altering chemical substances. 

BLACKHEART’S CRIMINAL EMPIRE

Over his many years of existence, Blackheart has amassed a sizable criminal empire, accounting for a large portion of the world’s black market trade in rare antiquities, stolen artworks, and mystically themed items. His operatives are continuously scouring the world for items his clients may find of interest.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2014 at 6:13pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #54 - Aug 28th, 2014 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Ajax

Identity: Marcus Williams
Known Relatives: Reginald "Reggie" Williams (Father), Shondra Williams (Mother), Calvin Williams (Brother)
Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois
Side: Good
Affiliation: Reserve member of the Guardians
Known Associates: None
Base of Operations: The Citadel
Level: 9
Training: Agility

Powers:
1. Physical Mutation: Height: 1.25, Weight: x3, Strength: x5.
2. Heightened Endurance B: +18.
3. Body Power: Heightened Recovery: Recovers Endurance at 2x normal rate.
4. Natural Weaponry: Ground Fighting: +2 to hit, +4 HTH Damage.
5. Vulnerability: 2x radiation based attacks.

Weight: 600 lbs.                           
Basic Hits: 12
Agility Mod: -4                        
Strength: 75
Endurance: 31                      
Agility: 11
Intelligence: 10               
Charisma: 12
Reactions from Good: - / Evil: -
Hit Mods:. 20.52      
Hit Points: 246
Healing Rate: 10.8
Power: 127
Damage Mod.: -             
Accuracy: -                      
Carrying Capacity: 127,493 lbs.            
Basic HTH Damage: 6d10
Movement Rates: 117” ground
Detect Hidden: 8%                  
Detect Danger: 12%
Inventing Points: 9                     
Inventing: 30%
Legal Status: US citizen with no criminal record

Origin and Background: Born to a hard working middle class family, Marcus was always big for his age. <<< PLACE HOLDER >>>

Combat Tactics/M.O.:

Personality/Character Traits: Best describeds as a gentle giant, Ajax is kind hearted, ------
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2016 at 2:09pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #55 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Nucleon

Identity: Anatoli Polzin
Side: Evil
Known Relatives: None
Place of Birth:
Affiliation: Independent Villain
Known Associates: Nucleus
Known Grudges: The Guardians, The Protectorate, Euroforce
Base of Operations: Moscow, Russia
Level: 9
Training: Endurance

Powers:
1. Absorption: Physical Characteristics: By spending an action, Nucleon can absorbs the physical characteristics of any object he comes into contact with, taking on their properties. Initial PR=0, PR per hour = the SR of the material he's assumed the characteristics of.
2. Non-Corporalness: PR=4 per hour.
3. Heightened Endurance B: +14.
4. Heightened Strength B: +19.
5. Regeneration: Heals max. one action per turn, can't regenerate damage caused by radiation.
6. Density Increase: Nucleon has the ability to control his body’s physical density, becoming super dense. PR=1 for every level change on the chart below. To maintain density at current level: PR=1 per current density level between turns. (So if at level 7, and he wants to stay there, he expends 7 power points between turns. Level -1 costs 1 pp to maintain. Level 0, the norm, costs nothing.) Additional weight raises carrying capacity, but not his Basic Hits.

Density Chart

LEVEL WEIGHT MOVEMENT
0 200 59 Invulnerability: 0 points
1 400 30 Invulnerability: 5 points
2 800 15 Invulnerability: 10 points
3 1,600 8 Invulnerability: 10 points
4 3,200 4 Invulnerability: 20 points
5 6,400 2 Invulnerability: 25 points
6 12,800 1 Invulnerability: 30 points
7 25,600 0 Invulnerability: 35 points

Weight: 210 lbs.
Basic Hits: 5
Agility Mod: -
Strength: 37
Endurance: 27
Agility: 14
Intelligence: 13
Charisma: 13
Reactions from: Good: -1/Evil: +1
Hit Mods.: 13.6136
Hit Points: 91
Healing Rate: 3.2
Power: 72
Damage Mod.: +1
Accuracy: +1
Carrying Capacity: 5,602 lbs.
Basic HTH Damage: 2d8
Movement Rates: 59” ground
Detect Hidden: 10%
Detect Danger: 14%
Inventing Points: 11.7
Inventing: 39%
Origin and Background: Russian, science
Legal Status: Wanted in by US, EU, Russia

Origin and Background: Anatoli Polzin was a lowly research assistant at the secret Russian research facility known as Science City Alpha, where he was a member of team studying fragments of a mysterious meteorite. While testing one of the fragments resistance to pressure, it exploded, into a cloud of fine dust, showering the room with small particles of residue.

Due to shoddy cleanup procedures, not all of the fragment's residue was safely disposed of, and some of it managed to find its way into a cut on Anatoli's hand. Within a few days Anatoli grew sick with symptoms similar to radiation poisoning. He was immediately quarantined, but after a few days, he seemed miraculously get better.

While undergoing a medical checkup, to evaluate his status, something strange happened. When the doctor placed a stethoscope on Anatoli's chest, his skin transformed into a strange mix of plastic and metal. Anatoli, not sure what was happening, panicked and made a run for it. After a prolonged battle, with the base's security forces, Anatoli was finally subdued.

He spent the next several months in a special prison where he secretly developed more control over his new found abilities. On the day of his trial, he attacked his captors, heavily damaging the facility, and injuring several dozen crack FSB Spetsnaz troops providing security for the proceedings, before disappearing. Making his way to Moscow, he made contact with the Russian mob, and negotiated a deal with them. In exchange for them getting him out of Russia, he agreed to perform a number of "jobs" for them, namely the theft of several shipments of military grade nuclear material from the Russian military.

Since then, he's taken the name Nucleon, coming into conflict with several US (The Guardians), European (namely members of Euroforce), and Russian superheroes (primarily members of the Protectorate).

Combat Tactics/M.O.: Nucleon's favored tactic is pick a relatively solid substance, something like bricks, steel, etc., transform his skin, then increase his weight, before striking his opponents for maximum damage.

Personality/Character Traits: Always a petty man, Anatoli is vindictive, and will go out of his way to hold a grudge. He's a heavy drinker, smokes like a chimney, and loves sports, especially Football (Soccer).

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #56 - Jul 21st, 2016 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
I added a full color picture of Black Raven. I'll be adding more full color artwork as time and finances permit.

YIM  
IP Logged

Phrennzy
Avenger

I'm very pretty!

Reply #57 - Jul 31st, 2016 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
From Blackheart's profile:

"e) Banshee’s Whale: Attacks as a Sonic attack inflicting 1d12 damage."

It should be Wail.  Although a screaming whale suddenly appearing would be a terrifying attack.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #58 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Phrennzy wrote on Jul 31st, 2016 at 1:40pm:
From Blackheart's profile:

"e) Banshee’s Whale: Attacks as a Sonic attack inflicting 1d12 damage."

It should be Wail.  Although a screaming whale suddenly appearing would be a terrifying attack. 

Embarrassed

I'll make the change, and thanks for the catch.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #59 - Jan 11th, 2022 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Bump

YIM  
IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #60 - Jan 16th, 2022 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 1:35am:
Baretta wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 9:32pm:

I can see it being used as a "club" to bludgeon someone in a pinch.

In older comics, I would also eventually see a hero with a utility belt using it as a strap to tangle enemies and to slide down zip lines.  This usually occurred when the utility belt or web cartridges or whatever were empty.  No particular hero comes to mind (despite my mention of web cartridges.)  However, Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Hawkeye and all of the various non-powered heroes would be logical candidates for using their utility belt in ways other than its original design.  Even Superman under the influence of Kryptonite might be able to make use of this strategy.  Naturally, well-comic'd players would follow their examples.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools

>