Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Dick Dante (Read 71347 times)
THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: Dick Dante
Reply #35 - Jan 19th, 2014 at 10:10am
Print Post  
I slew a Dragon two nights back. Well actually I guess I didn't really. It seems my role currently is to be assigned to follow these meta humans around and see what hurts I can assist with as well as possibly trying to guide some of the younger ones.

Technology at this moment is almost non existant, at least compared to what it was just a few weeks ago. It appears one of the CHESS Scientists saw to that. I had always wondered what it would be like to go back to the older ways of doing things. Well, I guess not always, more like I had been wondering how we could use Magic more over the last several weeks.

It seems a group of not so nice individuals had been robbing various State Gold reserves and the next target might be the Federal reserve in New York. I must say I felt that to be extremely rude. There are plenty of opportunities for Hard working indivduals to get by these days. Just pick something you are good at and stick to it. Create and Action Plan and formulate your ideas. Stooping to petty thievery just seemed so out dated to me. But Alas, these are the times we live in. It was so much simpler just having my office in San Diego and starting with those few patients who truly needed my assistance. I wonder how Gary is doing. I feel terrible for not communicating with him in such a long time.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #36 - Feb 2nd, 2014 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Richard Morgan Dante by AMG

« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2014 at 9:10am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #37 - Feb 16th, 2014 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Dream Walking and True Dreaming

All intellegent beings dream.  We are all fascinated with the twists and turns that our dreams take each night.  What if we could focus our dreams?  What if we could actually control our dreams?  What if we could explore them? 
   Since man could dream, man has been trying to wrest the secrets from our dreams.   A few men have claimed to have pierced the veil of sleep.   J. M. Barrie is said to have really visited Neverland, and wrote his Peter Pan story as a result of exporation of the Dreamworld.   HP Lovecraft, the most advanced dreamer of the 20th Century explored  many worlds interlinked by sleep.
   Some yogas and monks say they can teach a person to True Dream.

True Dreaming.  New Skill.   C-20D20.  One must have a strong control of one's emotions to take control of one's dream.    Once one has taken control of their dream,  the dream becomes as real as the real world.  With the exception  that the Dreamer  makes the rules.    A true Dreamer can spend an eternity in their own dream, and wake up and only one night as passed.   Experience gained in one's own dream are 1/100th what they would be, as there are no real challanges when one is the one making all the rules.  One can then spend an inventing point to make this a "fixed" dream. 

Once one has mastered True Dreaming,  one can then learn Dream Walking.  Wd100.   When you are in a lucid dream state, one looks to a mirror.  When facing one's own reflection in the dream, you reach out to open the mirror like a door.  If the roll is successful, a door is opened to the Dreamworlds.  From this door, one can explore the Subtle Realms.   Beware, once you cross the threshold,  you are no longer  the master.   You are just denizen of the Immateria.

The Dreamworld is created by the concentration of thought and dreams of everyone on an entire world. Dreamspace is the universe created by the vast untold clusters of Dreamworlds. Remember, some infinities are larger than others, and as each dream world (the dream plane version of a world) is as infinite as the imagination of each person, that infinite world is located in a much larger infinity of the dream plane version of the universe.
Experienced Dreamers can travel about Earth's Dreamworld. They can visit other's dreams, they can visit imaginary places, and some can use the pliable dreamtime to visit the Earth in the far future or the far past.
Some dreamers have even claimed to invade the minds of slumbering people, and to live other's lives...

In some books, notablebly the Pnakotic Manuscripts, there are mentions of some places that remained fixed in the Dreamlands. Fabled Olathoe beyond the river Skae is one such place. Lomar is another, and the legendary city of Kadeth, beyond the Cold Wastes has been the failed destination of a few dreamers.
The Great Race of Yith is one of a few races that have come to Earth's Dreamland from "beyond the Gulf of Glaaki". They use the Dreamtime to travel to and from various bodies in the early Solar System to the far future. It is this race that wrote the manuscripts, named after their only remaining city, Pnakotus, in Antarctica.
It is said that only four humans have ever returned from travelling beyond Earth's dreamlands, and three were reduced to gibbering madmen. Only Randolph Carter came back to tell his story. He was able to travel between material worlds also, with the aid of his Silver Key. Alas, he has left Earth altogether and is said to reign as a king in Ulthar.

Scholars and dreamers debate exactly what the Gulf Of Glaaki is. Some say it is the Space between Dreamworlds, other the space between Dream universes! If the later is true, then the Great Race is indeed, a far travelled visitor
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2014 at 10:32am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #38 - Feb 16th, 2014 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Cantrip

Dick Understands that Cantrip is Actually a Dwarf (Like the Fantasy World Dwarfs).

Cantrip is a very short man, who usually sports a shaggy beard and unkempt hair.  He cleaned up for the Golden Dawn's Samhain Celebration.

It is rummored that the man is an occult expert, but no one can confirm this.   Other so called occult experts mock him, and call him an amature.   Cantrip seems to take these comments in stride and often smiles back with a wink. 

He is usually seen riding about Hollywood on a moped. He is always dirty and smelling of sweat.

He has no known friends but a fondness for cats.    He has been known to give some homless people gold coins.

Update:

Dick has had a chance to spend the last three days in Cantrips Small Brick Home. He read very powerful Threshold magic while he was working on deciphering other Spells. This should be used when creating Castle Pentagram. The House is also built on a Ley Line. Dick stumbled across the 29th Letter of The Langauge of Creation. By sharing this with Cantrip, Cantrip has agreed to build The New Phoenix House. I can't believe Dirty Eddie is a female Dwarf and Cantrip thinks she is Hot.
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2014 at 8:57am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #39 - Feb 16th, 2014 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
The Phoenix House

Also Known As Castle Pentagram

Dick will attempt to Construct roughly a 100' Diameter Castle on the current Property He owns outside of Portland. This will be on the spot formerly occupied by The Century House.

The Castle will be placed on top of a Ley Line and Draw it's protective Magics from the Ley Line. This will require several inventing points as well as plenty of $$ and resources.

Design:

The Castle will be as stated roughly 100' in Diameter. The Halls on each floor and sub basement will be in the shape of a Pentagram and the walls will close what would be considered The Magic Circle. A Tower will be placed at each point of The Pentagram and other Arcane Symbols will be drawn or etched into the floors and the walls to strengthen The Magic. Expectations are for the Castle to have six levels total. Three above ground and three below. The top of each Tower will also include Solar Panels for less Mundane uses for Energy. Lights and Electric.

Construction:

The actual stone is yet to be determined and may be based off what is most available in Oregon. Research has shown there are several Basalt Quarries in the area. Basalt is used as a Building Stone and runs Dark. (Pretty cool). It is also an excellent insulator.

The top wall on the perimeter of the third floor will have a 1/2" square carved out to complete the circle magic. It would be nice to inlay that with something rare and expensive to strengthen the Circle Magic but Dick is not made of money. Perhaps Silver but the cost would still be outrageous.

Physical Resources:

1. Magic
2. Cantrip?
3. Dirty Eddie and any Dwarves available on Earth. Yes Dick knows they are also expensive.
4. Possibly bring resources from The Dreamlands. Need to be careful as doors left open too long can be dangerous.
5. The Sisters of St. Herne
6. Mundane resources. Contractors and such. Quite a bit going on right now since Party Like It's 1999 happened.

Monetary Resources:

Dick has a Wealth of 13 and is Training in Wealth. May be wise to "Import" some funds from The Dreamlands. Perhaps another Inventing Point in Finance or Capital. Sell the Land where the "Mason Lodge" Incident took place? May have to inspect that first.  Sell the Condo in L.A.. Dick is currently there and needs to see how much Damage Robin Goodfellow (AKA Puck)has caused his entire personal life. Probably quite a bit. May need to see what Funds can be taken from The Sisters of St. Herne.

Perhaps Dick can also get some Government Funding. The Phoenix House could become a Non for Profit Agency that takes in certain less privileged individuals. Like Dwarves and Magically less experienced individuals.

Physical Design

The top point of the Pentagram would be at the Back of the house and of course have a Tower. The exact opposite of that would be the main Doors. Those doors would open to a Huge main Room with walls on angles to the right and left and come to a point straight ahead. Based off the premise that there will be a total of six levels, each level will have eleven rooms unless dividing walls are placed. Quite simply just picture entering a Giant Pentagram and the lines of the Pentagram form the Hallways and walls of each of the Rooms.

Big Update

Construction will begin on The Phoenix House!! Cantrip will assist due to a trade. Dick will still be wary as with all magic you have to be careful. Dick first needs the physical work done from His designs.
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2014 at 8:59am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #40 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Sorcery: Ley Lines

Ley Lines are places where planes of existence overlap.  Some are destructive, and one plane is forcing itself in the space of another, destroying on.  Sometimes one is going on in "way" rubbing against another going the opposite way.  Sometimes they crash and merge forming a new plane from the two smaller ones.

At any way, they are constantly moving, some faster, some slower.

The lines are subatomic "cracks" in reality formed by this interaction.  From these cracks,  cosmic energy seeps in. 

Some sorcerers tap into this energy for magical means.

Ley Line energy is called mana and is used to fire off spells without casting times, or reagents.   So they are similar to powers.

Here are the rules.

Ley Line Mana is quite powerful, and Ley Sorcerers have to be quite hardy.   So any mana they take OVER their endurance in one action burns them for a point of damage per point of mana.  This can not be rolled with.   

First the sorcerer must spend an inventing point to learn about Ley Lines. 

Then, they will develop a fell for mana.  They must concentrate and roll detect hidden to see if they are near a ley line.

If they make the roll, then roll a d20.

a roll of 1-10 is how many points of mana are currently available for spell casting.  Anything over 10 means there is nothing there to use.

This is a pool, not a river, so if there are 9 points available, that is it,  it will take some times for the area to refuel. 

So this is not going to help in a long protracted spell battle, but it might give a nice edge for a fast paced, quick draw spell.

Or it can be used to power and recharge area of effect magic or even magical items.

If the roll to detect was a critical success ( 01-5) then a place of power was found.   Then roll 1d100 to see how much mana is there.

Also, once the mana pool is established,  the GM will make a side roll  based on Mana found d100 to see if there is anything odd, to be found, guarding, watching, using,  hanging out,  or just something to screw with the player.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #41 - May 10th, 2014 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Things Found and to be researched after raiding the unconsciuos body of the Acolyte from The Mysterium

Wand:

-4 to reduce casting time of Spells and Power Consumption. Example Spell with 8 pr would now use 4 pr and take 4 phases less to cast

Hollow Bone with Three Scrolls

Protection from Weather
Protection from Fire
Protection from Normal Missles

One Ring

Homing Ring which can be used to return the wearer to The Mysterium. Need to update that as a copied Spell also

Three Potions

All Healing. Potions will cure all Ilnesses and grant one Healing Rate to the imbiber

Two Daven Feathers

Material Components to a very nasty Spell Dick does not yet understand. The spell will remove the individual fromm existence as well as all knowledge and memory of them. What about creating a lesser version where people forget little things about you like maybe your name but remember everything else? Hmm.....

Boots of Levitation

Levitate at Normal Ground Movement Rates. I love these......
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2014 at 11:47am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #42 - May 25th, 2014 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
The God Kings rule Urth,  not Aerth.    Dante's bloodline is wanted by the Fae of Arcadia and the Mysterium of Aearth.   

So far the God Kings of Urth don't want anything to do with Dick Dante.   That makes them the sanest of the bunch.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #43 - May 25th, 2014 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Now to find out more about Maeve.......

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #44 - May 25th, 2014 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Ideas for Cantrips. Little useful spells that cause no damage but Wizards just have to have them. Please feel free to add some ideas.

Buzz: Causes a buzzing sound like a fly, bee or gnat in the targets ear.

Itch: Causes an itching sensation on the intended target

Ignite: small flame that would only work on pre set items that are ready to ignite. Candles, cigars, stacks of kindling and such

Sneeze: Causes the intended target to sneeze of course

Cough: Causes the intended target to cough of course

Clean: Cleans a 5x5 designated area. Removes dust, small debris

Open: Can open any unlocked portal, door, box etc

Close: Same as open but in reverse

Delicious!: Causes any edible food or drink to taste Wonderful no matter how vile it may be. The items in question must be edible in the first place even if barely

Gross!!: Opposite of Delicious!!

Smelly: Causes a foul odor in an area. Nothing to cause damage of any type but it is not very pleasant and most normal people would not wish to be near it

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #45 - May 26th, 2014 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Nimbus: Causes a glowing nimbus to surround the intended target

Mend: fixes small tears in clothing or otherwise makes worn items seem like new

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #46 - May 26th, 2014 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Time Check: The caster knows the exact time in their specific location

Change Color: The caster can chnage the color of an object one step up the spectrum up or down

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #47 - May 29th, 2014 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Protection from Insects: protects the receipient from minor biting insects like gnats, mosquitos, some flys. Nothing so powerful that it would protect against anything that could actually cause damage. More like a magical "Off" bug spray or a citronella candle

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #48 - May 31st, 2014 at 10:11am
Print Post  
True North: The Caster can locate true north from their current location

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #49 - Jun 8th, 2014 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Tattoo Magic:

Thinking about this for a while with Dick. First step will be to use an Inventing point for tattooing. Thinking he can Tattoo arcane symbols on himself to take the place of some spell components and save some time and power. Spend the power points when doing the Tatooed Spell and save it up for when it is needed. He would use his own blood for the liquid as well as other things to mix in and basically have a potion or some type of stored Magic in the Tattooed symbol.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #50 - Jun 21st, 2014 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
A Familiar for Dick

Dick will need a Familiar eventually. Very costly unfortunately. Will use Cosmic Awareness to find out the True Name of his most compatible Familiar and use that to help with the summoning. At least he thinks he will. Just an idea I need to remember

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #51 - Jul 19th, 2014 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
The quote below is from John's Rulebook Modifier.

"To use magic one must have the knowledge areas of Occult, Mysticism, Presdigitation and spell craft.    Each school of magic is also its own knowledge area. Then a wizard can learn as many spells as they have intelligence points.  If all this is met, and they have the needed reagents, they can then cast the spell.
      To cast a spell one must concentrate and move.   This takes time.   For example, the spell  “Fulmination” (evocation magic)  cost 4 power and it casts a lighting bolt.   The caster spends 4 power, and 4 movement points.  For the next four phases he is casting this spell.  If the mage’s action was on phase 20, then the spell will fire off on phase 16. If he is hit and takes damage, or hindered during the casting time, the spell is lost, the power and movement spent.  This is why most mages will have goons to protect them. Or carry amulets that instantly fire off prepared spells.  Magic can be very deadly but it can also be hard to do."

Dicks Bonuses

Assuming that Components are in place or not needed:

+4 For Additional known letters of The Language of Creation

+4 If using a Wand ( Dick currently has two)

+1 for older Spells prior to the White Event ( The Universe moved one step closer to Chaos)

Prior to casting a D20 must be rolled Vs Int to confirm the Spell can even be cast. Critical Hits and Fumbles count and reactions to these will be based off the type of Spell Magic used. The first D20 is just to see if the Magic can be cast. If the Spell itself requires a To Hit roll an additional D20 roll would be needed.
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2017 at 1:03pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #52 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
A Wizards Robe

Why not wear one and use it as a portable Magic Circle? Sew symbols into the bottom, use something special for the thread and have a pre made Magic Circle around Dick whenever he is wearing it?

The bottom would have to be sewn completley more dress fashion to complete the circle but the top can have buttons

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #53 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Castle Pentagram AKA The Phoenix House Front Door:

The door must have course have swinging iron gates outside just in case of any troublesome Fairies. Also a Iron handle.

Very important. The door must have a view hole made of crystal with Read Aura Spell cast on it just to see who may be coming for dinner.......

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #54 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Dispel Magic "Grenade"

Think of it as an EMP that disrupts Magic instead of Technological Devices.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #55 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Cantrip says the Dwarven foreman says that he things the best approach for a magic circle is to have a perfect silver circle buried on the perimeter of the property and then a few inches inside that circle, on the ground, an iron fence.   

Also, outside the magic circle, a few copper glyphs, powered by Dick, to ward off those who have no business with the lord of the manor.   Some sort of "mind your own business" spell.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #56 - Feb 1st, 2015 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Dicks Potential Library in Castle Pentagram

BY Wolf Girl

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #57 - May 31st, 2015 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Sister Alicia

Keeper of The Library

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #58 - May 31st, 2015 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Sister Eunice

There first Sister to ever die. Hers is the oldest grave in The Abbeys Cemetery and a channel to Necropolis. Of course Dick would never think to desecrate the grave.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #59 - May 31st, 2015 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Baronet and Alchemist Ivan Cursk

This kind gentleman is currently residing in a copper jar in a basement in a home in Wales. At least his brain is. The Mi-Go were good enough to save that portion. Cursk found the secret of Phlogiston Flame and the Efreet. His body sadly was incinerated when he summoned The Efreet Prince Nez without the use of a Magic Circle. Phlogiston is  created when a Ley Line passes through a star. He now spends most of his time in Dreams. Dick likes him
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2015 at 11:50am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #60 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
New skills to take

Geology (Mineralogy)

Agriculture (Arboriculture)

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #61 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
New Spell Idea

Orb of Resistance ( or some other name)

The spell wraps the subject in an opaque sphere that stretches somewhat with them but hinders attacks and movement. Subject has to make all attacks against stretching defense as they are encased in that same type substance

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #62 - Nov 8th, 2015 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Trees

Copying Johns' Trees post as a reference point. Should be plenty of large and older ones around Castle Pentagram. Yes, Dick will be careful and does not plan on cutting any down. Heck, he even wants CHESS to buy out the neighbors and have the area considered a Sanctuary. Dick has his own reasons for that. Does not hurt or maybe it does, that Dick lives on a Ley Line Nexus Point

The roots of trees can extend deep into the earth as far down as the branches reach skyward.   The roots soak up water, minerals and food for the tree.  They provide an anchor, they create stability.  But that is not all they do.  Sometimes, when a tree is located on a ley line, the roots can also absorb power.

The ancients knew this, and they tell us the power of old trees.  We learn about this from myth and legends. We all know the power of wood.  Was not Buddha enlightened after three days under the Bodhi Tree?   Didn’t Wotan learn the secret of the Ruins while hanging from a tree? Was not Christ nailed to a wooden cross?  And how does one kill a vampire?  With a wooden stake, of course.

If one learns how to find ley lines, one could also predict which trees have power.  And just because you know that the tree has power, doesn’t mean that you can harness it, or even know what particular power it has. 

Some Hermits have found trees that can predict the future by the sound of the rustling of its leaves.  Others, when cut down and treated, create blessed objects.  Others horrible weapons.  One mystic claimed that the shadows of one wise tree taught him the formulae for powerful spells.
Be careful for the wood often protects its own.   Swampwalkers, Skunk Apes, Jack in the Green, Bogatyrs, and the Erl Kings, take offence to the harvesting of Wisewood.

But you are human, and your flaw is your belief in your own strength.   You have been warned.

« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2015 at 11:30am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #63 - Nov 14th, 2015 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
What is in Dick Dantes Medical Bag?

Spectacles w/Lenses made of clear crystal

10 Iron Ingots

Tanis Roots

2 Mithral Scalpels (two left in his room in the Castle)

A Vial of Modis Blood mixed with Cthulu Goo

Contents from Triage's Medical Bag. (Need Details)

1 Wands from Mysterium Acolytes (Other Wand in his room in the Castle)

1 Homing Ring from Mysterium Acolyte

2 Potions of healing

1 Scroll. Protection from Fire

1 Scroll protection from Weather

1 Scroll protection from Normal Missiles

1 Daven Feather  (The Other one is in his room in the Castle)

A copy of Jim Buthchers Storm Front ( he did not finish reading it yet)

Healing Kit, you know the kind like real Dr's have?

Need to add spell  components and qty

« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2017 at 12:03pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #64 - Dec 25th, 2015 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Happy Christmas from Dick Dante and Juniper Chevalier.

Enjoy the Tree but we suggest you don't go up the Stairs.....

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #65 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 10:10am
Print Post  
  Dick returned to his shell of a home in Portland. The Dwarves had made quite a bit of progress and the outer walls of Castle Pentagram had been erected along with a makeshift roof.

It was time to begin preparations for a new spell. Dick bartered with the foreman. He traded one of his now nearly useless Mithral scalpels for additional funds.

While waiting for the funds to clear Dick took a walk to the rear of the property while enchanting his "spectacles". He was able to see the flow of the Ley Lines criss crossing his property until he stumbled into the Nexus point and came upon a great Tree that reached thousands of feet into the air.

Strange. He had never seen the tree before. Dick used his Dragon Hide levitation boots to rise up along the side of the tree. Upon reaching the top he came across a floating city of castles and Giants. Not always being a complete buffoon Dick was happy to simply look upon the city and not go wandering. He descended back down and would await another day to go exploring

As he reached back to earth Dick realized that this was one of the Great Trees. Call it a Junior World Ash for lack of a better name. The Tree straddled multiple realms. Earth, Arcadia, Aerth and Urth as well as the Cloud Cities. Lets not think what it may connect to if heading downwards, yes?

It was a gate but Dick was concerned as it must let Travelers pass both ways. It seems the Castle Pentagram was also going to have to be a watchtower. He had an idea to add telescopes to the Towers on the Castle and imbue them with the same magic as his spectacles.

After a few days the funds from his transaction cleared and Dick prepared his spell of Calling. For seven nights Dick laid out various Gifts and Treats. Small Toys, Bits of red meat and saucers of milk. Dick would wait each night for Him to appear but always seemed to fall asleep. Each morning the little items would be gone. On the Seventh night however Dick finally met Him.

A Gray and Black Tabby appeared and approached Dick. He of course demanded to have his back scratched. We Humans are after all simply just tools to these Creatures.

The Spell was complete and Dick had successfully called his Familiar.

Well Hello Gygax..........

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #66 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
The Phoenix House

Dick has decided that since the dwelling they are building, Castle Pentagram, will be the name of the place he will live, The Phoenix House will become the name of The Order he will start.

There are too many Orders, Covens or Societies right now that do not appear to have the good of Humanity in mind as it relates to magic and its uses. Hence The Phoenix House.

Their goal will be of course to protect Humanity from those who would harm them as well as carefully share knowledge of magic to those who show a talent for it. Safely of course.

So who wants to Join Up???!!!

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #67 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Use Ley Line to Power Castle Pentagram it's Protections.

Thoughts. Use some type of conduit to channel a small amount of Power from the closest Ley Line. Something like a Cosmically Enhanced copper line or lead wire.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #68 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Use Cosmic Awareness to locate an untapped and unclaimed deposit of Mithral, Oricalc etc.

Split that one with the Dwarves
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2016 at 1:03pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #69 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Check out the new robe. Make sure no surprise spells were cast on it. Just be safe.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Topic Tools

>