Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Space Opera (Read 9736 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Space Opera
Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
When Marshal Strong was able to collect his senses, he realized that he was no longer in Kansas anymore.  In fact, he was not on Earth.   He was somewhere else. 

He was naked, and worse, powerless.  And his Stellar Rod (insert dick joke here) was nowhere to be found.   He had no choice but to explore this alien world.

The atmosphere was bit off, as was the air pressure and gravity.  He found while the lighter gravity made it easier to move things, the weaker air tired him out faster.     He made his way to a narrow, serpentine sea.  He quickly found out that it was not a sea, but a gigantic mostly liquid amoeba that was this planet’s dominate life form.  He fought it off, and got away from the “coast”.

After a week of almost no water, and no food, he found a wrecked ship.   It looked Moevian and ancient.    Thankful for the time he spent among the Moevian Military, he was able to find food and water purification systems.   He rested and then worked on restoring the ship.  He found two skeletonized soldiers and he put them carefully into storage.   It was in this ship that he spent the next four months.

When first entered the ship, a signal light up.  He figured out it was a rescue beacon and decided the best course of action was to stay near the ship.  He effected repairs as best he could.   The ship was never going to fly again, but it did provide shelter, some food, and clean water.  He wore Moevian clothes and read all the files on board.

He was shocked to discover that all the files and all the information were 10,000 years old.  He began to give up hope of being rescued.    Soon hope arrived in the shape of a Moevian Merchant Mercenary ship.   They landed and were shocked to see Marshal Strong, whom they called due to improper translations of his name, Mighty Mars.    They spoke an ancient dialect, which made Marshal realize that he was not just displaced in space, but also in time.
They took him in, out of respect for his treatment of the Moevian corpses, as well as to curiosity as to why his biology registered close enough to Moevian to trigger the life support and distress beacon of the wrecked ship.

They quarantined him and took blood and cell samples.   They were shocked and horrified to discover that Marshal Strong and the Moevians shared a common ancestor!    This troubled them, as they knew it would not go over well with the Moevian Church.

They didn’t want to just do away with him, so they gave him the unpleasant task of feeding the  beings that swim and breath the same fluid that they excrete and procreate in, or fish, as the Moevian word better translates to “fish”.

He found himself in a stinky tank of methane laced salt water with a bunch of fish type humanoid aliens.    
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:17pm by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: Space Opera
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
  The Moevian Merchants are desperate to collect the bounty on a captured Guar ship.    The Guar have developed teleportation technology and are using it to defeat the Moevian's in battle.     The Eternal Empire knows true fear for the first time in its history.

So a small band of Merchant Mercenaries are trying out a new idea.   They are using amphibious beings to work their navigation systems.   The theory is that they would be better navigators do to their life experience in living in a environment with one more dimension than the land walking Moevians.

Will this experiment work?  Who knows?  But for now, a group of primitive aliens are learning how to pilot a star ship.   How can this possible go wrong?

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Really cannot wait to get this story started.

Feed the Fish. Good Gravy.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Graak wants to kill blue skins....

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

A window of opportunity
Reply #4 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:15am
Print Post  
The Mighty Mars spent a month acting as the “fish feeder.”    All the while he was trying to figure out how to go home, and then what to do once he got there.    All he needed was an opportunity.    To occupy his time, he learned the language of the Raas, and that of Aeluric. 
It was during one of the feedings when the Gauor attacked.   The tank room was sealed and Mars dived for a control panel.  He managed to override the controls and open the door.   Aeluric and Bruca were the only ones who came with him.

They saw that the Gauor were killing members of the Moevian crew without even breaking a sweat.  All the while they were broadcasting telepathic messages of their desire for peace, and hope that the Moevian incursions into their space would cease.  They kept saying that they would engage in trade and friendly coexistence, but Moevians being, well, Moevians, were only interested in conquest.

The three fought their way to the bridge.   They used Bruca as a living battering ram and distraction.  He came running in screaming and waving a tentacle from his last feeding at the Moevians.     Aeluric and the Mighty Mars then went in with guns and bone spurs a blazing.    They fought off the bridge crew and Mars made the lifesaving decision to contact the Gauor.    They recognized Mars as non Moevian, but of the same seed.   They said they detested slavery and would help him even though they are of different seeds.    

Three Gauor teleported over to the crippled Moevian ship and started healing the now freed slaves.    One of the Gauor told Mars that he would teleport over the raw materials they needed to effect repairs.  As he was configuring the coordinates on his lexicon shard* he let out a single black tear and then his whole demeanor changed.  He became diabolic.    He then attacked the Mighty Mars with a blast from his shard.  The other two Gauor looked terrified and said he had become infected.   They disintegrated the infected alien and encased his Lexicon Shard in an amber cocoon.   They then teleported away, leaving the trapped piece of alien technology.

The now freed slaves are working to repair the damaged merchant vessel and make it to the nearest non Moevian planet.

*The Lexicon Shard is a small piece of metallic crystal that is part of a much larger “lexicon”.  The Gauor said it was the sum of their  magic which is   so advanced, it resembles technology.    What this means, and what it is exactly, is not known at this time.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:16am by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #5 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:19am
Print Post  
It is worth noting that the three Gauor had different lexicon shards.  One was a red parallelogram, the other a blue elongated triangle.   Marshal Strong, aka, the Mighty Mars, said they reminded him of the dreaded Purple Rhombus.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #6 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
The New Campaign definitely did not disappoint! I think we have all been waiting for this and the differences in the Characters being Aliens was pretty enjoyable. Personalities are already in place and maybe someday Bruca and Aeluric will speak a common language.

Things I did not expect.

1. Thought we would be with The Moevians longer before any escape attempt or beat downs.

2. Since I thought we would be with The Moevians longer I didn't expect to encounter the Gauor as quickly.

3. That the Gauor would be completely nuts.

But these are the things that make it so interesting. The surprises and the adaptation.

I'll keep my thoughts to myself for now on the Gauor and I am curious how many there actually are, at least how many with Stones for lack of a better term. I think we met them at the best time. Possibly well before the Infection has really begun to spread.

The Oni, AKA Bruca The Octopus Tentacle Wielding Brute

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #7 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Mmmmmmmmmmm, purple rhombus

Smiley  "bye kids"

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Marshal Strong
Teen Titan

\m/ All hail the Metal!

Reply #8 - Jun 27th, 2013 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Purple Rhombus, Purple Shmombus.  Did I mention the new Marshal Strong has like an eleven strength and thirteen hit points?    ...."bye kids"

btw, Lol Paul.  Nice emoticon!  Now if you can find one that shows a creepy, alcoholic, aging clown, it would be perfect. 

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

The 13th Alien
Reply #9 - Jul 31st, 2013 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
While working on the captured Moevian Merchant ship, The Heavenly Profit,   Bruca discovered that one of his fellow freed aliens was murdered!  The Mighty Mars, Bruca and Aulric took the body to the medical bay and determined that it was indeed, foul play.

They interviewed the 13 former slaves and this caused some distrust among the crew.  Aulric wanted to eat everyone, Bruca just wanted to be told what to do.   Mars ordered that everyone remain on the bridge and work on repairs.   This was bit too late, as a second crew member was found dead.

Mars, with all personal in view, reviewed the ship’s manifest.   It showed that there should only be 12 beings on board!    Who was this 13th alien?  And how did he get aboard.

Only three of the aliens had the natural weapons that could cause these wounds, and they resented being watched.    Tensions were starting to soar when Bruca was attacked.   One of the aliens was a shape shifter.  This cleared the others.    A mighty fight ensued, and Aulric was knocked unconscious, while Bruca fled in fear.    Mars was given a critical wound and had to stumble to the medical bay and cauterize his arm. 

When Bruca and Mars made it back to the bridge, all were dead.    Angry, they prepared their fallen comrades for a proper funeral, when they discovered Aulric was still alive.  They revived him.    Mars noticed that there was a chair in the room that was not there earlier.   Playing cool, he nonchalantly opened fire on the piece of office furniture and it bled.  It shifted into a horrible amoeboid shape.   Mars recognized it!  It was a part of the Xenoform, the liquid entity he encountered weeks before on the planet he was captured by the Moevians from.   He must have carried it inside his body until it emerged.  He was enraged.

The three unleashed havoc on the murdering glob, killing it with righteous rage.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #10 - Sep 22nd, 2013 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
The damage to the Heavenly Profit were worse than Mars realized.  The only choice was to go down with the ship or to risk a very long trip in small life pods.    Mars and Bruca went to one pod, Graak and Aulric the other.

Mars and Bruca spend a total of 6 days in a pod that was only equipped for four.  They landed in a shallow sea of the nearest habitual world they could find.   They were going to return one of their crewmate’s body to the sea of his planet, but he was unfortunately killed by the Xenoform.

Bruca took the world’s sea like it was his own.  Mars, on the other hand was a bit apprehensive.  Bruca towed Mars on an inflatable raft to the shore.  Along the way, they found large mollusk shells, and woodlice thorny things drifting on the waves.   

The beach was rocky and covered in orange tendril like growths.   They surmised that it was a living thing, and didn’t trust it.  They also found small undulating snail like beings that were obviously alive.   They decide to go up the shore.  They walked uphill among the rocks and tendrils until they saw a primitive village. 
The villagers were manta like and when they saw Bruca, they seemed to not be threatened.  Mars, they didn’t seem to care for.    This however didn’t last when a small hovering craft pulled up on the beach and armored human shaped soldiers emerged.   They barked orders and soon started fighting among themselves.  This scuffle left one lying in the water dead.
The villagers formed a phalanx, armed with the thorns for spears and the shells as shields.   Mars and Bruca charged their energy rifles and took defensive positions among the rocks.

Soon the soldiers charged and fired large caliber bullets from semi autos.    Mars and Bruca returned with semi auto laser file.   The ground was littered with dead Moevian Mercenaries.  One of them threw a grenade into the phalanx, killing a few and wounding many others.   Bruca saw that the hovercraft was a slave ship as it was opening up to reveal cages.   

Bruca and Mars went on the assault and took out a few more of the Mercs.    Soon, Gauor teleported in.   They smacked the Mercenaries aside like flies.    The battle was over in seconds.    They helped the wounded and rounded up the fleeing soldiers.    They stayed overnight to makes sure no more slavers were on their way.
All was calm when full blooded Moevian paramilitary started landing.  They attacked like a well-oiled machine.  And if that wasn’t bad enough, they were lead by god of victories himself; Captain Empire!

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #11 - Sep 23rd, 2013 at 8:16am
Print Post  
sigh. I m bummed that I haven't been able to play Graak yet

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #12 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Bruca jumped up and smacked Captain Empire’s shield to the ground.   The Mighty Mars then fired a containing force field from his multi gun at the shield, keeping it away from its owner.   Captain Empire unleased a volley of pin point accurate punches at the duo.   The Moevian captain grabbed Mar’s rifle from his hand, and smashed him in the face.  Mars fell to the ground stunned.   Bruca spat acid at the gun, and Empire tossed it aside.   

Captain Empire then grabbed Bruca’s wrist and twisted him to the ground   Bruca flailed about like a ghonse.   He was about to black out himself, but a stun grenade went off, tossing them both aside like rag dolls.
Mighty Mars recovered enough to roll the grenade, hoping that Bruca’s armor would protect him.  He was right.   Bruca got up and attacked the Moevian. 

Captain Empire acknowledge his foe’s courage and skill.  He then punched Bruca square in the face, breaking both his hands.   He hit Mars with his forearms, putting him out.     Bruca then absorbed a flurry of elbow smashes before he too succumbed to black.

Mars was the first to awaken.  He had a full beard and long hair.   He was in a tank of white fluid.  He panicked and flopped out, pulling an intravenous needle from his arm.  He was cold, hungry and stiff.
  He spotted Bruca in a tank and woke him up.   Together they explored their surroundings.  They figured out they were on a Guaor ship.  How they got there they did not know.   This was good, they thought, that is, until they found each crew member disemboweled and strewn about the vessel.
   And if that wasn’t bad enough, a smoky ghost was floating about.

They made their way to the bridge and it was covered in gore.   They moved the entrails about, avoiding contact with the Lexicon Shards that littered the spaceship.  The shards called out to them, they said, “let me in, and let me in.”

Mars figured out how to pilot the ship and logged in a course to the nearest world, which was the Guaor home world.  He also realized that this was the world that the Moevian Empire placed in quarantine back in his time.    While cruising, he also figured out how to work the Gaur quantum teleported.

Nearly starving, Mars figured he would work the teleported and get to the home world faster.  He was about to engage the Q Engine when a voice in English told him to stop.

They turned and saw a small brownish humanoid in brown robes.   They jumped but something told them to trust him.  He said that to use the Quantum Teleported would be a horrible thing.  He explained that the body that goes in is destroyed and rebuilt at the destination.   While physically the same, the soul is destroyed, and must start to develop all over again.  Each time a being Quantum Teleports, they die and are reborn.    With a small, weak soul, they could not prevent the smoky demons from possessing them.   This is what happened to the Gaur.   They destroyed their souls and demons took over.  The once good people became possessed by the Fallen.

He then handed them two Lexicon Shards.  He told them their souls should protect them.    He then taught them how to use the Sum Total of Gaur knowledge to create food.    He then said that he had an offer to make.   

He took Mars to his world.  Mar’s happiness turned to despair when he saw that the Pyramids were not even created yet.   He thought he would die, alone in the distant past.   The little alien said he would give him a means to live long enough to see his friends again.  He offered him the first of the Star Rods.

Mars accepted.   He was brought to a vast ship, given a gold and silver rod and blasted in a rocket ship into the sun.

The rod was activated, and bonded the Sun to Mars and the universe saw the first of the Stellar Patrol!

Poor Bruca, all the Lexicon Shard did for him was make him confused.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #13 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 1:05am
Print Post  
I will let Mike tell you how close he came to solar death.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #14 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Brooschka Jak harra not fawla gat harraman Maa-arz.

Translation "I took a Blue Shard when Mars was not looking"

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #15 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 12:54am
Print Post  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #16 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 12:16am
Print Post  
Sway was enjoying her hunt.  Her hunting grounds take up many square miles swamp and shallow sea.   With limited land area, and the size of her tribe, food is a scarce resource.  This brings her people into conflict with the water people.   So naturally, when she sees the smaller water people, her first instinct is to fight.
    Slern, a member of the amphibious race that shares the world with Sway’s Shellpeople, drew a battle stance.   Slern makes up for his lack of size with skill in arms.    Sway and Slern began what would surely be an epic battle of survival and tribal dominance, but it was interrupted by Sky People.

The sky people came burning from a giant flying black egg.   The egg scared Sway.  It was scarier than the Water People.   The Skypeople tossed fire from their spears.    Sway threw rocks at them.  Their skin was hard, but different.    

Other Skypeople came.  They were bathed in light, and their spears commanded lightning.   Sway thought they were good.   They fought the giant black egg.   They went inside and cooked its yolk until it smoked.

From the water, came something that was like the Water People, but also like the Shellpeople.  It called itself Brucca.  He tumbled from the sky, but he was not like the Sky People.   This confused Sway.   Brucca took a fire spear from the Burning People and fought them off.   Sway and Brucca fought, and spit and stomped.   It was a good day for hunting.    
Sway got trapped in the dark.  She didn’t know how she got there.   The Good Sky People, the one with golden feathers, came and got her. 

The egg crashed and its yolk burnt the sky.  Its fire stayed in the air for a long time.   Some of the land stayed hot and the water went away.      
The Good Sky People invited Sway to live with them.   They gave her a glowing spear, and she learned to fly.    Sway was happy.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #17 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 12:31am
Print Post  
  A team of Moevian Slavers tried was ordered to grab a few of the indigenous people and then burn the world to ash.  There was a pod of Illithids beneath the surface of this planet.   It’s better to cook one planet then let the Mind Flayers thrive.

When the Mighty Mars heard about this, he, Brucca of the Ras, and fellow Stellar Patroller, Aurock flew through space to out a stop to this.

Aurock dropped Brucca into a shallow sea, and then went to fight the Merchant Moevian Dreadnaught.

The Mighty Mars blasted the windows out and knocked out most of the crew with a super concussion blast.    He then engaged in hand to hand combat with the ships first officers.    Mars was surprised to find out that there were no Moevians on board.   The two commanders fought with grace and finesse that no Moevian would ever possess.

Aurock flew in to assist his team mate.  Mars used his rod to create an EMP blast and took out the ship's controls.   The dreadnaught was flying towards the planet's surface.

Meanwhile, Brucca, Slern and Sway were fighting with rocks and spears against Moevian Mercenaries...and winning!

Brucca got his hands on a Mercenary's multi gun and fired a teleport disc onto Sway's carapace by accident.  She was transported into the slave hold.    She panicked a bit, and smashed her way out. Mighty Mars was there to rescue her, and he brought her back with seconds to spare.

Aurock was saving Slern from burning to death when he was attacked by an Illithid.   He succumbed to mental attack.  The Mighty Mars killed the Illithid with a laser to the throat.

The threat was ended.   

A few weeks later,   Mars and Aurock returned to offer Sway and Slern membership into the Stellar Patrol.       

So far, Brucca has refused a rod, and prefers to keep his company with the Lexicon Shards he lifted from dead Gaour.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #18 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 10:10am
Print Post  
By the way, it's SHLURN, not Slern....that's my cousin.

Tongue

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #19 - Jun 16th, 2014 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
I'm bummed I never got to play Graak in this at all. Oh well, at least I have an alien race to write up for an rpg supplement now

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #20 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
Paul wrote on Jun 14th, 2014 at 10:10am:
By the way, it's SHLURN, not Slern....that's my cousin.

Tongue

Oh, my bad. I was using a western Praxodallicquotizipal spelling instead of the proper Northern Zenhuddlegulpian spelling.   

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #21 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Totally understandable.  Now go hixadapolatio yourself!

Tongue

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #22 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
That is physically impossible, unless one, like Shlurn, is an Amphibian.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #23 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
A Mind Flayer could. Cause, you know, their face is full of tentacles

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #24 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
The Mighty Mars has spent a year raiding Moevian trading lanes, and recruiting more Stellar Patrollers.  The Patrol numbers 773. 

While on a routine patrol, a Moevian Dreadnaught attacks.  Knowing that his small cargo ship is outclassed, Mars orders his 9 patrollers to fly out and make for smaller, more maneuverable targets.

The Patrollers scatter into the atmosphere of a small type M world.   Suddenly Mars sees that the Moevians have sent out 20 elite marines to engage the Patrollers man to man.   They are armored and propelled by hi tech flight suites.    The Mighty Mars easily dispatches his tail, while Brucca takes out his.

Feeling a bit safe, and ready to call in a huddle for all the scattered Patrollers,  Mars sees Captain Empire himself in a flight suit ready to tackle him.  Mars summons the power of the Star Rod and warps gravity 1000 times and sends Captain Empire plummeting towards the planet.

The radio telepathy of the rods transmits some horrible news, four Patrollers have been killed.   Mars barely has time to absorb this information when he orders a regrouping for a full assault on the Dreadnaught.  Brucca reminds him that they need that ship to get off the planet as their rods flight powers are too limited.

Mars lands and finds the four now inert rods.  He finds the bodies of his fallen comrades as well as the other still living patrollers.  He wonders how he managed to find them so fast.  He thinks this is odd.  He then sees that he has fallen prey to some sort of psionic life form.   It is feeding him illusions and feeding on his blood.  He pulls the tentacle off him and notes that there is one down the throat of Brucca.

Mars fires off some blasts at the brainy creature. He is unsure if it is working.   He blasts the tentacle feeding on Brucca, and Brucca wakes.   

Brucca begins to panic as he comes to and immediately starts to choke.   The demon inside him is released.  He is himself for the first time in a year.   He picks up his rod and toes to help his comrade.   Together they fight but all seems lost, the brain creature is too powerful for them.  The demon asks to be let in and it will give him the power he needs.   He says yes, but too late, Mars has defeated the brain creature.

The Mighty Mars is twisted inside.  Four of his comrades have perished. And if that is not enough, their stars went nova!    How horrifying!   Mars’ rod is attuned to Earth’s Sun.  If he was to die, the Sun would go nova!

What idiots the Engineers must be for making such flawed weapons.

And his best friend is possessed by a demon.

What is he to do?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #25 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 12:57am
Print Post  
The Mighty Mars and the demon possessed Bruca explored the world they were trapped on.  They found, and buried both their fallen Stellar Patrollers and the Moevians.  Mars thought it was the right thing to do.
   After a brief mourning period, Mars flew up to observe the area.  As far as he could see, it was marsh.  While waiting, Bruca was attacked by a body of one of his dead companions.   A smaller brain crawler had grown and burst out of the skull of the corpse.   It bit and held onto Bruca’s carapace, dragging the body behind it on trails of tissue.

Bruca smashed it to pieces.

Mars flew down and saw that four more of the dead had sprouted these brain things.    He thought that this must be how they breed, but planting eggs into the brains of other creatures.   

Still, they weren’t as powerful as the adult they fought earlier.   They burnt them up with fire and electrical blasts.    

They then flew towards what looked like the ruins of an ancient city in the distance.   They found stone buildings overrun by foliage. They spent days reading glyphs that told of the demise of a race of humanoids who were devoured by the spawn of a creature that fell from space into a lake.

Mars wondered if they could find this lake, maybe they could salvage the ship, if it came in one.  Bruca and Mars used their Star Rods to search for energy.

They followed a steady trace of emissions till they came to small sea.   Adapting to the murky waters, they found a ship.    They pulled it out of the water using a gravity warp.   The next two months they worked tirelessly savaging the ship to build a small, space going pod.

They warped gravity with their rods, and when in space, fired up the small craft and headed towards the Satellite headquarters of the Stellar Patrol.   All seemed well…

But then Captain Empire pulled the tendrils of the brain parasites off their faces.  He then jumped over their prone bodies and smashed two lobes of the brain cluster that towered above them.

Mars and Bruca quickly realized that they LOST the fight with the tiny brain crawlers and they were dragged to their lair.   The small creatures joined a colony, or hive, of other brain creatures to form a giant cluster of brains reaching up to the top of a cavern, 60 or so feet above them.  The floor they were on was a writing layer of root like stalks.  And bones…
The whole lost city, repairing a ship, was all an illusion.  The brain creatures seemed to feed them the dream that they knew would keep them contain as they slowly feed off their bodies.

Bruca, Mars, and the battle worn, Captain Empire fought and escaped the creature.   When they flew out of the pit they were in, they saw that there were thousands of such pits across what looked like a vast continent of honeycombs.  This brain colony could be the biggest creature in the galaxy!

Captain Empire asked them to surrender to them, and he would in return speak on their behalves to the grand Hierophant.   Until then, a truce of mutual respect was born.

Mars couldn’t help but respect the honorable Captain Empire, for he reminded him of himself.   Captain Empire grew to enjoy the company of his sworn enemy.    

The trip to Moev  would take three more weeks.    Each day the trio talked, dined and traded stories of their past.   

This peaceful voyage can’t last.   For Moev is near…

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #26 - Oct 14th, 2015 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
With the  Moev only a week away,  Captain Empire's flagship was attacked by a particularly daring group of Dwaru Pirates.  They, disguised at space debris, got in close and then beamed through the hull before the Moevians had a chance to erect their shielding.

A nasty hand to hand fight took place.   The Mighty Mars and Brucca called their Star Rods to them.   Captain Empire noted that the two Stellar Patrollers could have called their weapons to them at any time, and of course, escaped, at any time.  This elevated their character to him.  He is, after all, a Moevian of honor.

The three heroes dispatched the raiders, and were impressed with their high level of technology.   So brazen to attack the flagship, AND so close to Moev.   This had to be dealt with in the near future.

At last,  they made it to Moev.   After a month long quarantine, in a city built just for that,  they were permitted into the Capital City, Tache.  The Mighty Mars couldn't help but notice a group of 12 men in blue outfits, with no faces.  They looked, physically, like the Men in Yellow, formally, the Men in Green.   He himself met the Anathamatician, their leader, and his alter ego, Dr. Aberrant, so why the blue?

Also, they seemed to be in communion with a blue sparkly Moevian who floated above them.   Could they have been worshiping this person?

Mars and Brucca saw, from a distance, the Imperial Hermaphrodite.  He/she was young, pre teen.  The two siblings were connected by the lower spine and faced opposite directions.   Each sibling had a governess and a governor.   Each whispered into the ears of their ward.   

Mars thought,  "ok, this is where it all gets real."

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #27 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
After a month of pre trial nonsense, the Mighty Mars and his general, Bruca, were transported to the orbital city for formal judgment. 

The pageantry was high, and after a rather short, but harsh speech by the Imperial Prosecutor, Rho Jars, aka, Captain Empire was permitted to speak.

The Honorable Captain Empire implored the Emperor for mercy.   Was not the  Empire Supreme?  Did not the Might Mars fight hounorably?  He argued with passion and conviction.   

The Supreme Marshal of the Imperial Fleet of Moev whispered to the male half of the Emperor.  The High Hierophant of the Order of Hala, whispered to the female half. 

They had decided,  the Mighty Mars was to suffer torture until death.   Bruca was to watch, then suffer the same.    The Empire has decreed it.

Mars and Bruca called their Stellar Rods to them.  They flew up and created shields.   Mars addressed everyone and said that the Universe was large enough for the Stellar Patrol and the  Empire.  He thanked Captain Empire for his friendship and then flew up and blasted out of the Orbital City. 

Bruca used the power of the Lexicon Shard to download the power of telepathy directly into his mind.   This proved to be a problem.

The sudden influx of power warped his brain and caused the demon Morgoul to jump from him and into the minds of the Emperor!

The Emperor smiled the smile of madness and evil and shouted in a voice unheard of since the birthing that killed  Empress Shee, a duel voice, a voice of sweetness and evil,  "destroy the races of any being in the patrol.   Kill anyone that helps them.   Let them be shunned, isolated and afraid.  The Empire Decrees."

The cosmic alien that the Men In Blue worshipped bi located before Bruca and took the Lexicon Shard. Before the shard was destroyed, the Demon Emperor transformed Captain Empire to living neutronium. To the crowd at large it looked like Bruca had done this foul deed.

And with that  Bruca and the Might Mars stole a Moevian ship and left.

End of the Space Opera.
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2016 at 8:19pm by John »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #28 - Sep 16th, 2020 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Bump....

IP Logged