Normal Topic Armor A vs Vibratory Powers (Read 964 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Armor A vs Vibratory Powers
Jun 28th, 2013 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
In her search for the people responsible for the destructino of Prima 1, Maxima (Dragon magazine #111) follows a clue that leads her to Vibron and Vindicator (Most Wanted: Vol 1).  Swatting Vindicator aside like a fly, she grabs Vibron around the neck and lifts him off the ground.

"I suggest you cooperate, Vibron, because Max isn't feeling patient today." Neville stated flatly.  It was that time of the month again, and Maxima always seemed to want to hunt bad guys during that time.

Choking, Vibron instinctively became intangible...

Ok, so I was just wondering what exactly would happen next?  Maxima's Basic Hits is a staggering 14!  Is this treated like Structural Rating?

IP Logged

Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Re: Armor A vs Vibratory Powers
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Actually "Basic Hts" are a body's SR Structural Points(Chapter 3.6, pg 26).

So you have vibe powers and can phase. Your opponent has armor - he/she is as good as dead. Phase a fist (or foot) through the armor and mix up the squishy bits inside. It worked for Gil Hamilton. It would require a special attack. As for movement...flesh has an SR of "1" (pg 45). So it costs 1" of movement to move through 1" of Max so Vibron could get away. He can also lift max using TK. He's not a dumb guy, just not all that experienced, I am sure he could find a way out of the choke hold.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2013 at 11:52am by Ironnerd »  

John "Ironnerd" Adams
"The GM is the balancing mechanic" - Klystron

IP Logged

Harkker
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 3:34am
Print Post  
If you phase your fist through armor and made it solid would it not be like teleporting into a wall?

IP Logged

Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 8:31am
Print Post  
If the special attack fails, yes. Then both characters take damage and are stuck together until Vibron fixes his phasing issue, the armor breaks and Vibron walks away with a numb fist full of guts, or Virbon's arm breaks and the surviving character goes to the ER to have an arm removed or put back on... 
Any really powerful attack should have a downside to help balance it. And no matter how it all works out, it's a pretty gruesome attack.

So riddle me this... Two characters with vibe powers are fighting. One tries to escape by phasing through the floor, the other matches the first character's vibe frequency and KO's him when he's waist deep in imported Italian tiles. Now what happens (this is a far-fetched thought exercise, I'll admit) . Another harsh circumstance is a character low on HP and Power decides to phase though a wall to escape his opponent. It LOOKS like a normal plaster wall, but is really several feet of brick and mortar. He runs out of power half way through the wall... (Just thinking in text here...sorry for being really out there this morning).
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2013 at 8:44am by Ironnerd »  

John "Ironnerd" Adams

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #4 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
I usually tend to keep things a little more four color, so what I usually do when a phasing character gets knocked out while "stuck" inside something is they float out of the object, ending up simply unconscious outside of the object/wall/ground, or whatever.

IP Logged

Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Reply #5 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
And I think that is an excellent solution.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2013 at 3:11pm by Ironnerd »  

John "Ironnerd" Adams

IP Logged

>