Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Skyhawk: Journal (Read 8451 times)
Hawk
Avenger

Skyhawk: Journal
Oct 10th, 2013 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
After Action Report: Suit mod. working well. I was able to streamline it without losing protection. Achilles responds well, power system more efficient and flight was smooth. Up-link provides clearer and crisper display of information.
  Confrontation level: Light. Apprehended purse snatcher. He attempted to talk tough, but after I flew him high enough that the city was just lights and I performed a drop-n-grab, he was more responsive to my suggesting a more honest career path. His urine-soaked pants made me feel that I had gotten him to see things my way.
    I turned him over to the Police, and returned the purse to its rightful owner. It was then that I recognized her. Karen is one of the students that I had met on the Protectors last missions. She was grateful for her purse being returned. As for me, I still felt the connection I had back then. I may have to bump into her on campus. Out of costume obviously.   
   Well, it is late and I need sleep before work.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2013 at 11:35pm by Hawk »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Skyhawk: Journal
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Awesome stuff, hawk!  Cool

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Thanks Majestic. I appreciate the kind words. Smiley

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
I have run into her a few times, but haven't been able to ask her out. Apprehend a street thug ,cool. Tackle The Forces of Set, No problem. Try to ask out the girl of your dreams, and I am a sweaty-palmed seventh grader all over again. I am just going to have put myself out there and take the risk. Even if she says no, at least I'll know.
In an unrelated topic, I got a call from "Uncle" Jack today. While not biologically related, he and Dad go way back. He says that since he just happened to be in town, that he wanted to catch up. Something doesn't seem right, Jack never "happens to be" anywhere. I am supposed to meet him for coffee. I will update later.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
I met up with Jack at the Coffee shop near work. After exchanging pleasantries, Jack brought me up to speed on his reasons for being in Empire City. The story ties back to my older brother.
  Carter Robinson jr. "C.J." or "Captain Charisma" as he was alternately called was what you would call a "Blue-Chip Prospect". He was heavily recruited by The Agency. Uncle Jack was against it, but his protege Mr. Smith. Yes, the same one who kept an eye on the Protectors felt differently.
  Smith was the one who signed up C.J., and he was also the  person who came to our house to inform us of my brothers death on a mission. Though I was only 12 at the time, I didn't trust Smith or his story. I still don't to be honest. It was at this point that I dedicated myself to finding out the truth.
   But anyway, back to uncle Jack. He is retired from The Agency, but it seems that he has figured out about my "costumed adventures". He claims he wants to help me. Not completely sure that I trust him, but with the Protectors on the back-burner, this might be my best shot at solving this mystery.
  I will update when time permits.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2013 at 9:13pm by Hawk »  

IP Logged

Dr.Demented
Teen Titan

who knows what evil lurks
in heart of man

Reply #5 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
great back story it sounds a good subplot

YIM  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #6 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Dr.Demented wrote on Nov 8th, 2013 at 1:31pm:
great back story it sounds a good subplot

Thanks.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #7 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
It had taken him a while, but Jack was finally able to get access to C.J.'s records. There wasn't much useful information, as the majority of it had been redacted. The thickness of the file indicated that my brother had been exceptionally busy. It seems that he had been tied to some sort of secret project before his death. Jack promised to keep digging.
  On the romantic front, things with Karen have been going well. We have been trying to line up our vacations so that I can take her to Hawaii to meet my family. Mom is very excited,as I don't get to go home very often. Between work, super heroing, the investigation on C.J., and trying to have a personal life , I have been swamped. But, all things considered, I am blessed.
  Well, enough for now. I need to get some sleep.
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2014 at 4:06pm by Hawk »  

IP Logged

Dr.Demented
Teen Titan

in heart of man

Reply #8 - Apr 2nd, 2014 at 3:57am
Print Post  
this is great  Wink

YIM  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #9 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Things are slow on the C.J. front, but I was able to get together with Rampart for lunch.I will refer to my teammates by their costumed identity in this journal.(I keep these files encripted and secure from being hacked, but I would not risk my friends secrets.) The Machinist was busy, hopefully he will be able to join us next time. I had a few ideas to discuss with them. I was interested in discussing some team strategy. No sense doing the same thing over and over and giving the bad guys something predictable.
  Rampart has been going through some issues of his own. He really reminds me of my brother. He is so optomistic and patriotic. I tend to be more realistic and cautious. The Machinist tends to make me look bright and cheerful, but I guess how you see us is just based on perspective. Both of them are good guys and I consider myself lucky to be able to call them my friends.
  I will run the ideas for my utility belt additions and Achilles mods past him and The Machinist when I see him. Hopefully we can bounce some ideas back and forth. I invited them over to check out the C.A.D. table and program i just bought. But enough of that. Lunch was good, and Rampart is stopping by this weekend.
   Vacation was good and Karen and my parents got along really well. I was not surprised, as I love spending time with her. She pulls me out of the funk I sometimes get into. In a side note Dad gave me C.J.'s guitar and amp.(67 Les Paul and a Marshal tube model). I have been practicing it a little as it makes me feel close to him. I gotta go Achilles wants to talk. Later......
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2014 at 5:19pm by Hawk »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #10 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Interesting stuff... tell us more! Smiley

I didn't choose to write in the present as I didn't want to intrude on any story Dom might have plotting in his head.  But this stuff is fun to read... maybe we'll inspire him to put the GM hat back on if we write enough! Wink

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #11 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Glad that you like it.
Dom did not have a problem with it.I ran some of my ideas past him so that I would not interfere with anything with the group. I look at it as if You have an Avengers comic, and you also have individual characters who have their own comic.  Smiley

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #12 - May 4th, 2014 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
I have never written my "story" down, so now may be as good of a time as any. It starts during the waning days of WW2. My Great Grand Father was a super hero sidekick called Winger. He and his Mentor were dropped behind enemy lines, and were working with the resistance to bring a faster resolution to the war. The cell that they had made contact with was sold out by a double agent. A bomb was set off at the cell's hideout, and Winger was caught in the blast. This led to him being captured by the Nazi's.
    The scientist were experimenting with different ways to create super-soldiers. Winger was unmasked by the scientists who discovered that he was half Indian(Apache to be precise). Being so far removed from the Aryan ideal, they felt that he would make a perfect lab rat. He endured horrible tortures before his mentor was able to help him escape. While these experiments did not seem to have any visible results, they did show up in some of his descendants.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #13 - May 4th, 2014 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Jump ahead decades later and just after my thirteenth birthday, was when the changes started happening to me. This was about a year after my brothers death, and if this was a comic book or a movie, I would have put on a costume looking for revenge on those responsible for my brothers death, or started fighting crime. But real life doesn't work that way, although I was able to practice with my abilities.
    There were areas that I needed to improve. Flight provided my with away to get places in a hurry, energy blasts were great to take down an enemy, and a heightened sense of danger was also helpful. Thinking of things in a rational manner, I knew that I would need protection. I was able to use some cutting edge fabrics and materials for a costume and utility belt. The belt allows me to supplement my powers with useful items. Last but by no means least is Achilles(His name comes from a song by my brothers favorite band Led Zep.). Achilles ability to scan, collect, and process incredible amounts of information has been invaluable.
  Well enough about my past. I will update my present later.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #14 - May 4th, 2014 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Why do I do this? I would say for my brother and my Great grand father and for me. I guess that it is just hard wired into me that this is what I should do. It was not until after college that I felt ready and properly equipped to do what I had been headed toward for years. The disappearance of The Guardians created a void of heroes that needed filling. I am not an arrogant person who believes that I can fill the void myself, but I can do my part. Maybe along the way, I can make my brother proud.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #15 - Jul 24th, 2014 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Haven't updated in a while. Not because of desire, but from being too busy. Jack has added some really intense sparring sessions. The best way I can describe is Jeet Kune Do meets Krav Maga. I agree with Jack, I can't always rely on my powers, sometimes you gotta get your hands dirty.
  Rampart has offered me a chance to work with his "friends" on improving my flight and their ability to handle "Meta's". I am meeting him for lunch tomorrow. I'll let him know that I am interested.
  On the personal front things are going well between Karen and myself. She is training for The Empire City Race For The Cure Marathon. I don't know if she will win, but I will be there cheering her on.
     In the news, it seems Avery Aeronautics was broken into by someone who could walk through walls. The perpetrator was able to disrupt both electronics and knock out the guards simply by walking through them. I will have to investigate this further.
Well, gotta run. I'll update later.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #16 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Location: Empire City,abandoned building on the outskirts of the city. According to Jack, this place is owned by the government. He tells me to show up in regular civvies and to not bring my workout gear. He tells me not all fights happen in the open and that I need to be ready.
Jack waits until it is dark out and only the lights from the streetlights outside provide the only illumination before beginnig. He tells me to "give me ten minutes, and then try to get through to the other side."
  Hallway is cramped and narrow with small cubicle sized offices on either side at varying distances. Senses are up, moving through the building at a methodical pace. I am just over halfway through when I get that "Buzz". Jack  is very good and faster than his age would have you believe, but between my "sense" and the time we've spent sparring, and bumps and bruises I have collected thanks to him. I am almost ready for his attack. He is all hands, feet, knees, and elbows. A whirlwind of abuse that is coming my way. I respond in kind. Jack is more skilled than I am, but I have youth and strength on my side. It isn't enough, but I am able to get in a few good shots of my own. "Not bad kid." Jack tells me when we are done. "How about you buy an old man a beer." "Sure I reply, and I know just the place."
To be continued...
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2015 at 3:58pm by Hawk »  

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #17 - Jun 4th, 2015 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Hawk
This is good stuff your right I think of this like a comic book. so far I want to know more and will our hero's meet?

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #18 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 9:12pm:
Hawk
This is good stuff your right I think of this like a comic book. so far I want to know more and will our hero's meet?

I am glad that you like it. I have some more to add to the story, when I have the time I will add to it. I started off with an outcome in mind, but the story seems to be taking  me in a different direction. I hope that it is good.
It will be cool when our heroes meet up. At this time I don't know if it will be in the "Team book", or one of the "solo titles." Smiley

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #19 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
we'll just have to wait and see just like when we buy the books  Cheesy

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #20 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
PERIPHERAL VISION: Action beyond the journal.

Jack returns home after his time out with Nick. Entering his bathroom he undressed and takes a shower. But the figure who exits the shower is not the 60-something year old man who entered, but a badly scarred younger man who otherwise appeared in tremendous athletic shape.
Activating his security system, the figure prepared for bed. Secure in the knowledge that as far as the world was concerned, he is Jack, and ready for the next stage of his plan to begin.
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2015 at 5:49pm by Hawk »  

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #21 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
It has been several months since I've written, and things have

changed. My powers are gone. It still seams surreal. I was

stopping a robbery at a electronic development company. It was

a new villain  who calls himself Phase. He hit me with some sort

of energy drain grenade. It put me down and when I came to I

was powerless. I am still trying to adjust to my situation. What

do I do now?

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #22 - Jul 1st, 2017 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
So does this mean we'll be seeing some sort of new "event" happen with Skyhawk?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #23 - Jul 2nd, 2017 at 9:08am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Jul 1st, 2017 at 6:45pm:
So does this mean we'll be seeing some sort of new "event" happen with Skyhawk?

I have been thinking about it.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #24 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Things with Karen seem to be on hold. Heck, they could be over. She is finally over those crippling headaches, but the stress seems to put a wedge between us. Jack has been out of town on business, he said we would catch up when he returned. I have vacation coming up. I am going to Hawaii to visit the family. This is coming at a great time. With everything going on I could use the break.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #25 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Man, it has been fun seeing the parents again. We have doing a lot of outdoor activities. Dad is right, I feel better relaxing and soaking up the sun. Too bad I can't stay, but time to head out. We are headed to a luau. I'll update later.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #26 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Wow! Today was really eventful. We had headed out to a secluded location to enjoy some cliff diving. Things were proceeding well until I was going on what would be my final dive of the day. Stepping off the edge I noticed some locals had paddled their boat into the area of what's I was going to land. Gaining speed and plunging towards certain injury, suddenly my body was producing light, and......I......flew! It was exhilarating, I did not know how much that I had missed it until that moment. I will have to investigate into what direction these powers take when I return home.

IP Logged

Dr.Demented
Teen Titan

in heart of man

Reply #27 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 4:19am
Print Post  
Been awhile since I been on and enjoyed your post's Cool

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner