Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Enter the Dungeon! (Read 12605 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Enter the Dungeon!
Oct 11th, 2013 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
  I am itching to run an old fashioned Dungeons and Dragons dungeon crawl.

Anyone else?

If interested we are still using my V&V rules.

Make up any character you want, but there are no powers, or classes.  You roll your stats like a non powered ( start at 10 +1d8) and 20 bonus points.

To pump a stat up past 18 is two BPs per increase.

If you want to be a thief, buy skills a thief would want.   Look up an old D&D manual for reference.

All typical D&D races  I will give you your racial attributes after you roll up everything else to reduce munckining.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: Enter the Dungeon!
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
YOU KNOW I AM IN!!!!!!!

Just have to figure out what type to play.

I guess I will get something made up and Posted in this thread.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Oh, and forget that Dwaves can't be mages thing.  Every time you pick up a mythology book, you read about the dwarves making magic items.

So no race restrictions.  Be a Halfling paladin.  See if I care.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 7:45am
Print Post  
Any backround ideas for the World itself? May help with Character or Race ideas.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
I am torn between Human Rogue Type and an Orc. I always thought the Goblinoid Races got a bad rap. They are just looking at the world from a different perspective

Not sure if anyone ever read the couple of books called "Orcs"

I read three of them and I cannot remember the author
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2013 at 11:41am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

SuperWannabe
Teen Titan

Reply #5 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:40am
Print Post  
The Web comic GOBLINS is pretty good for showing how a monster race can decide to gain class skills.  Also pretty funny as well Smiley

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #6 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 11:46am
Print Post  
THE ONI wrote on Oct 12th, 2013 at 7:45am:
Any backround ideas for the World itself? May help with Character or Race ideas.

See the thread called Arcadia.  Oh and you better believe their will be Owlbears.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #7 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Oh, I read it Fella. I am selfish so I am trying to see how the Orishi would fit in but I think I'm good with it

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #8 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
OK. So Grodek never made it but Thorn did. Expect to see a similiar version of Grodek in The Ravenswood, just not as an Orc.

Dire Rats? Seriously? Gnolls??? Awesome!!!

Meeting in a tavern and on the Road. Just perfect. I missed D&D but did not take to the new version so this was really a Great combination of style, theme and Rules.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #9 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
The Barony of Osil, more commonly called the Mucklands, has been prospering from an  abundance of crops.  Ever since the unicorn, Brieses has claimed the land as his*.   All was well, and the people were growing content, and dare say it, happy.  Arcadia is a rough land, a harsh place, but Osil was gaining a reputation as place you might survive till old age in.
     Even though the White Witch has killed every man who tried to woo her, life was not bad.   People came from far and wide to catch a sight of the unicorn.  People made fortunes selling “genuine” unicorn hairs.  The Baron was starting to get ambitious….

Well things can never last.   The Witch Witch came into Tash, walked right up to Merle, the owner of the Loaf and Onion, and held her axe to his head.  She demanded that he butcher up the slain body of Brieses!   Oh the horror!   Everyone knows Merle is not a brave man, but still, the Loaf and Onion doesn’t seem to have too many seasons left in the place.   It’s too bad, its signature Onionbread drew even the Elves from beyond the Muckwater for a taste.

The Baron had no choice.  He adopted the Unicorn as his sigil.  His very standing in Finvarra was at stake.  The people are scared, and scared people do scary things.  He offered a fortune, 1000 gold crowns to whomever brings him the head of the White Witch.

Now young Thorn was ambitious as well, and knows he can spend 1000 crowns better than anyone else.  So after glimpsing the party of Dwarven Giant Slayers, he knew he had to get out first.  Those brutes looked pretty capable.  So off into the night he went.     Let the Dwarves drink and feast a few days.  Give him a good head start.

Seems Mr. Shadowkin had the same idea.    Not that Mr. Shadowkin was his name, but it was a good name as any thought Thorn.   So that’s what he decided to call him, until he gave him his real name.   So Thorn had a companion.   500 gold crowns was still a fortune, and Mr. Shadowkin looked like he could handle a blade.
Off into the night, just the two of them.  Or three, as Roger Blanchefort, the 6th son of the Baron, stumbled upon them, also with the idea of getting a head start.   Thorn wasn’t too happy with a three way split, but 333 gold crowns is still a fortune, and he WILL get that one extra coin cause, why the hell not!
For three days they walked the banks of the Muckwater.   They found a farm house that had been pillaged and burned.  The poor family dead, partially eaten.     They found two children and the parents.   It turns out, the father was not quite dead. He mumbled, “My poor three children.   My beans.  They took them.  Bury me with my wife and three children.”
Roger turned out to be more than just the useless son of a noble, he was a skilled tracker.  He saw that the tracks were those of beast men.  At least 15 distinct pairs of footprints.  The three gulped, went ahead, relieved that the tracks headed in the direction they were already going.  At least they could keep up the pretense that they would find the missing child.   Even though they were all secretly more interested in “magic beans.”

The speed of the beast men was great.  Unless they stopped, they would never catch up to them.   After the second day of following the trail, they found the party of beast men.  Dead.  At least 12 of them were skewered on great iron spikes that looked as if they sprang from the grown, suddenly and with great speed.
  Mr. Shadowkin searched the dense cluster of spikes and found a felt bag, still full of what looked like coffee beans.  He pulled the bag shut and took it out.     Roger was glad that none of the beast men’s blood had touched the ground.   All in Arcadia live in fear of the Red Caps, who spring out of each fallen drop of blood.

They followed the few tracks of the living best men till they hit the marshes.   While searching they heard the cackling laugh of the beast men, and were ambushed.   The fight was short, and with arrows and knives, the gnolls were all slain.   They found that one of the gnolls had a burlap sack, covered in mystic ruins.  Inside was the burnt body of a farmer’s daughter.   She was covered with greasy black ash, and in her mouth were unrecognizable herbs.   They sealed the bag.  They buried her and marked the tree.   They at least made a promise to come back and take her body to be buried with her father.

They made it deeper into the bog.   Roger’s dogs alerted them to a pack of Dire Rats.   The battle was a bit more than it should be, what with them waking with a start, the muddy ground, and the dark.   Mr. Shadowkin was bitten and tossed to the ground.   When he fell the bag of beans opened and a single bean rolled out.   Lightening fast, so fast it hurt Mr. Shadowkin, a reddish orange flickering staff shot out of the ground.  It was topped with what at first they thought was a pine cone, but latter realized it is a carved representation of a fire.

With the Dire Rats killed, they realized that they were not going to sleep much more that night.  Thorn grabbed the staff.  While warm to the touch, it was comfortable to hold.  He gave his own wooden staff to Roger.  With the light from the staff, they trudged on into the dark.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2013 at 9:39pm by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #10 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
* All unicorns are male.    Scholars speculate that there is only one female Unicorn.   It is called the Abath, and it can walk between worlds.   The power of the Abath boarders on that of the gods.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2013 at 9:39pm by John »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #11 - Mar 10th, 2014 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Hoping we are going to make a return trip to Arcadia soon.

Mr Shadowkin. Probably a very nice you Man when you get to know him.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #12 - Mar 2nd, 2016 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Bumping this just because we have to play this world again soon.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #13 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
The party wintered with the  Tunt Family.  Winter in the Mucklands is not an accommodating place.  And with Mr. Shadowkin's boils bursting an all. 

It seems that the Dire Rats spread infection.  Mr. Tunt is a nice man, but still, Mr. Shadowkin had to stay in the barn. 

Thorn was torn. He liked Mr. Shadowkin, but he liked having 222 more gold pieces.  He didn't know if he should be rooting for or against his recovery.  Twice the Baron's men came to the farm and twice Roger hid in the haystacks.   Odd, thought Thorn.

With the weather getting warmer, and Mr. Tunt's daughter's belly starting to get bigger,  Thorn thought it best to move on.   They would have to leave Mr. Shadowkin here.  Besides,  Dwarven Giant Slayers probably kept on the march.  Hell, they might have even gotten to the White Witch by now. 

Time to find out.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #14 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Maybe they will have take some dangerous short cut to get back in the lead.

Why would Roger hide in the barn. He did not seem to be the "wanted" type but Thorn had seen a well dressed thief before too.

They come in all kinds it seems

« Last Edit: May 1st, 2016 at 9:04am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #15 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
For the group

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #16 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
By the way. Thorn quietly removes the Bag O' Beans from Mr. Shadowkins unconscious body..... Wink

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #17 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
OMG Bag O' Beans, I had one of those once? I think I made a giant beanstalk sprout out of someone's body once.

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #18 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Thorn buried Mr Shadowkin by the tree he liked to climb. The worst of winter is gone and the Mr Tunt is starting to realize that his daughter's belly is not just Winter Fat. Time to start adventuring.

Roger went home, as the Baron's men came calling and he couldn't turn his father down.

Thorn packed his bag, and decided to leave under light of the full moon. He crept out the barn. He turned to look at the place he called home for five months. He uncharacteristicly thought he would miss the place and the honest work. He dismissed his thoughts and turned towards the wilds.

It screeched at him. He didn't know what it was at first. It was small. It was crawling. It was black. It was greasy. It smelled burnt...

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #19 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Damn. I Hate Re-Animated Dead Kids.........

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #20 - May 5th, 2017 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
The bitter winter was over.  Although it  is not quite sprint, the thaw has come.   The first full moon after the thaw is always the best time to start an adventure.  So Luna packed her silver talismans in her bag and left the Sanctuary of the Moon.  She offered the proper invocations to Selenae, Protector of the Night, and closed the doors.   This would be her first time away from the nuns.   

Van Hoger scribbed a note to the Wizard.  He wrote, “going out.”  He left it by the cubbard.  He took a wand from the box by the front door and was out.   He wasn’t sure what bothered him more, that the Wizard didn’t tell him his real name, or that he never told him what his real name was.  All his life he was called “Boy.”   He only learned his surname of Van Hoger from the pig farmers.  They remembered the Ork attack.  They remember hiding when the Wizard scared off the Orks and found the Boy among the partially eaten Van Hoger family.   Boy was too young to know his name, and the Wizard never bothered to find out.
He lived a life of menial tasks, and loneliness.   After 30 years of drudgery and self taught magic, it was time to make a name for himself.  Maybe even find out his first name.   Van Hoger marched into Tash to seek his fortune.

He saw the Moon Priestess by the town crier.  The crier was reminding everyone that the 1000 gold crowns for the capture of the White Witch was still unclaimed.   Many have gone to claim it, none had returned.   Van Hoger thought this would be the best way to make a name for himself.  Luna thought if only she could talk to the White Witch, she would understand why she would do such a horrid thing as to kill a unicorn.
After staying at the Loaf and Onion, they left before the sun.   They heard that the best adventures always start before the sun.  Luna did this because she could ask for a blessing from Selenae before she went to her repose below the horizon.  Van Hoger did this because Luna said so.  That was a good enough reason he thought.
They followed the Muckwater.    It was moving fast as the thaw was swelling the river.   They soon smelt burnt pork and rotting meat.  They saw a hooded man in gray, holding a red and orange staff.  The man was fighting what looked like a burned body of a little girl. 
It was screaming.  The corpse was screaming.    Van Hoger flicked and swished his stolen wand and levitated the corpse out harms way.  The Hooded Man smashed the thing in the face with his staff, breaking its neck, severing the loose flesh.    Luna then stabbed the open wound with her foil.  It ceased screaming.
They burned the body and then buried the remains.   They exchanged tales.  The hooded man said his name was Thorn, and he went to claim the bounty on the White Witch.   He was relieved that the other two  didn’t want the reward.   They would be fine helpers.

They followed the river to the wall, the official boundary of the Barony of Osil.  The wall was thigh high, it was more symbolic than a defense.  The power of Bresis used to keep the beast men and the forest creatures out.  But the wall  now had many breaches.

Thorn stepped over the small stone structure.  He was immediately set upon by Firestarters.   The three tiny fairies tried to land on his staff.   The three smacked them around and finally Thorn doused them with water from his water skin.   They went to the river to refill the skins.

After many hours they encountered two people roasting fish by tributary of the river.   They had to cross this water to continue.  The two odd men were dressed  in bizarre clothes.  They wanted to trade.   Luna offered some copper coins, and was given some roasted meat on a stick.  Van Hoger was given a faulty wooden die.  Thorn traded some coins for a shoe.  Just one shoe. And it didn’t fit.

They then asked for a ride in their boat across the river.   They traded some of their food rations.  They were pleased by this.  The boat moved by what Van Hoger called machinery. He said it was not magic but artifice. 
They continued trekking.  They were started  and pushed to the ground by a woman.  She was one of the legendary Mavens,  the virgin warrior women who roamed Finvarria hunting the dreaded Chaos Dragons.  She protected them from the Dragon’s shadow with her cloak.   She mocked them for being so careless.    She pointed out how the trees were now twisted and would never bear edible fruits again.  She urged them to go home, beyond the wall.   She left them as suddenly as she came.
The three realized building a fire in the woods would be like lighting a beacon to all the Night Terrors.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #21 - May 13th, 2017 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Brack was torn from his sleep by a loud shrieking.  He looked and a giant was raging.  He knew giants,   giants were never a good thing.  This one was different.  It had tentacles.  It turned its head around and whipped its spiky tentacles at Brack.   Brack did was Brack aways does, he picked up things and hit it.

Drak was following the Chaos Dragon for days.  No food, no sleep.  He was given the job to purify the marsh.  To cleanse the Mucklands from the taint of chaos.  He saw the afflicted from a distance. It was engaged with a barbarian. Drak fired arrows into the afflicted’s neck.  Between Drak’s arrows, and Bracks bludgeon’s, the poor chaos ridded human was killed.

The creature’s shrieking roused Luna, Thorn, and Van Koger.  They rushed but the battle was over.  Last to show was Winston.  He was a local blacksmith from a nearby village.  He explained that a family from his village was caught in the shadow of the dragon.  They were afflicted.  He sought to do the merciful thing, put them down.   Drak was pleased to have someone share his mission.

They looked for the family’s wagon.  They heard a baby crying.  They found a troll sitting by the overturned wagon eating an afflicted child.   Its other hand was the infant.  It was gasping and seemed to have gills and a tail.
Brack rushed and bashed it with a rock.   Van Kroger chopped its hand from its wrist, catching the baby.   Drak circled around and hit the troll with a volley of arrows.   Thorn broke his weapons on the troll’s thick hide.
Winston hit it with his hammer.  Brack had an idea.  This was scary, because when Brack has an idea, things tend to break.  He picked up Winston and smashed the troll with him.  Both Winston and the troll were hurt.   The troll lashed out and hit Brack clear across the clearing.  It then regrew its claw and smashed Thorn aside as well.
Luna came and sang it to sleep.  Her invocation to Selenae was as sweet as moonlight and the lullaby put the monster to sleep.  Drak took this opportunity to shoot two arrows into the troll’s eyes.  It screamed and lashed out.
Thorn then shot two more arrows into the arrows already there pinning the troll’s head to the wagon.   The troll tore itself from the wagon, but was beaten down by Winston, Thorn, and Brack.

It was damaged so badly it turned to stone, as trolls do when on the verge of death.

Winston said he needed to find the rest of the family, to see if they are ok.   They headed off in the direction of the hoof prints.   They determined that it was three animals they were following.   
They passed the carcass of a chaos tainted bear.
Winston saw the mother of the children riding a six legged pony.  Both were chaos afflicted.
They were bound by flesh, and the pony had antlers. Its ribs were spread out and sharp.  Winston smashed it with his hammer, the beast slashed him with its ribs.
Drak and Brack attacked, killing the creature.   They buried it in the muck.

Since they were close to Winston’s home, they stayed to rest.   Winston took off Bracks slave collar, and forged Drak metal shafted arrows.
Luna preached and healed.   Van Kroger was eager to go back on the trail of the White Witch.

Winston noticed strange mushrooms growing on the grave of the wife.   He dug up the body and it was growing tendrils.   They had to burn the corpse.  They went back to the carcass of the bear, and it was growing bone spurs and the flies feeding on it mutated.   Thorn set them on fire with his fire staff.   They burnt the carcasses.

They went to seek out the Troll but it was gone.  They burned the body of the dead infant.    They decided to head off to the White Witch’s lair.
They found six dwarves heads, the same dwarven heads that were formerly attached to the Giant Slayers who left in search of the Witch last fall.
When they got too close, all the heads spoke, “Turn back.”   

Of course they ignored them.   

And of course their headless bodies arose from shallow graves to insist…

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #22 - May 28th, 2017 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
It was at this point the party noticed that Brack was missing.

Poor Brack, while under the influence of the frenzy spell, ran into the swamp only to find himself alone and stuck in the mud.

Despite his great strength, or perhaps due to his great strength,  he was unable to freehimself.  When the frenzy wore off, he realized that the trashing about only caused him to sink lower.   The only smart thing to do was to remain still and shout for help.

The party was finding that the headless Dwarves were repelling their spells and weapons.  Nothing, from Thorn's fire to Drac's arrows, were curving away.  Winston panicked and ran from them. Drac slipped in the mud and shot the fleeing Winston.  This drew him out of his panic and he came back and cracked one of the dwarves.

The fight raged on, neither side really gaining on the other.   They realized that they were just tiring themselves out while their dead enemies never fatigued.   Van Guyer got the idea to trap each body in a magic circle.   This worked and each body dropped to the floor.   They lite the bodies on fire, which seemed to finish them off, once they were magically separated from the still talking, taunting heads.   

Wintson, after being throne away from the heads by an unseen force, put his rope around one and pulled it from the ground.   The spear was cemented into an iron pot with a copper ring around the rim of the pot.  The ring had gyphs around it.   Van Guyer said that the rings were superior magic circles protecting the heads, which in turn protected the bodies. 

They pulled the heads off the spears  with the rope, and burned them.   Winston collected the spears.  Thorn took the gems from the beards of the Dwarves.  Such is the way of Thorn.

They examined the two bodies that were not  burnt.  Both had incisions on their chests that were sown closed with wire.   They cut them open and found their hearts were removed, and small, glyph covered skulls were put in the cavity where their hearts should be.

Drac was outraged, for these were baby elf skulls!  He took one to bury  back in his home woods, while unknown to Drac, Van Guyer took the other.

They rested a days march away from the noisy dwarf heads. 

While resting  Luna communed with her goddess.  She saw the White Witch praying before a dark temple of Iron and Rust.  The stars were wrong.    They also went down below the horizon. 

Van Guyer went off to hunt.  He found an opossum.  He managed to stab it with his short sword.  He used his knife to remove its heart and he sewed the baby elf skull into the opossum's chest with his leather pouch bag strap.  He sat for a minute when the opossum sat up and spoke to him.

"Does thou which to be immortal?  Does thou crave power over death?  Take my hand.  Carry the Mule.  First the Mule will carry you, then you will carry the Mule."

While tempted, Van Guyer said no and left.

He confessed to Luna, who, while horrified,  made him swear a Holy Oath to never do that again.  He accepted.

The small confession service was interrupted by a patrol of Undead Orcs who came from a hole in space that the opossum created.  It followed Van Guyer to the party.

They awoke to battle.  The group dispatched the squad of undead rather easily.   Drac asked where they came from and Van Guyer confessed.

Drac's response was five arrows into the wizard's chest.

Luna saved Van Guyer from death.  They rested the rest of the night with unease.

In the morning they took off to confront the White Witch.   

They made it to her hut, which was surrounded by the headstones of her numerous suitors.     Luna and Van Guyer went in, and were greeted by the smell of a delicious stew cooking in a pot with no fire.  Luna ate the stew, which she confirmed as, indeed, delicious.

They then saw an equestrian skull, covered in glyphs on a makeshift altar.   Luna pulled back, while Van Guyer read the glyphs.  They were magical writtings that said, "Death" in every known language.   He, of course, touched the skull.   He collapsed in a pool of gurgling blood from his mouth.   Luna dragged him away from the skull.

Drac, Winston, and Thorn saw the dead arise from their graves.  And if that wasn't bad enough, from behind them, a hold in the sky opened, and it sucked the air into it.  Had they been any closer, they would have been pulled into the dark, cold place where the Temple of Iron and Rust was .

The White Witch came out of hole and stabbed Thorn  with a spear of bone.   Winston blocked the Witch and  smashed her with the very dwarven hammer he took from one of the dead dwarves.   She screamed curse at him.   Thorn  set up a wall of fire which burned away much of the dead suitors.

Luna cursed the Witch in the name of Selenae.  The Which then breathed a jet of flame at Drac, who was firing arrows while backing up. 

The Witch then called forth an elemental from the mud which attacked Luna.  Luna ran to the hut, and the elemental didn't follow.

While in the hut Luna healed Van Guyer.

Drac fired at the elemental, who merged with the mud and moved to hit Winston.

The elemental need not cross any land to move, it just whisked from place to place.  And nothing seemed to hurt it. 

The White Witch, screaming, taunting and laughing, was wounded in the hand, which cost her a finger and her hold on the unicorn horn.  She screamed and ran to the hole in space.  Drac fired arrows at her back.  The hold closed.  She was gone.

Thorn of course, being Thorn, grabbed the unicorn horn.

Van Guyer put a magic circle around the elemental and it held.

They rested a bit,  took stock, recovered arrows, and ate some of the Witch's stew.

Drac recognized the skull as that of a mule.  The skull offered them all riches and power if they would carry it.   They all declined.   

Winston found a locked chest under a blanket.  The blanket was a beautiful silver white Elven blanket, created by the High Elves.  Luna claimed that.   

Winston took his chisel and tried to open the chest.   It exploded sending everyone flying in different directions.

The only things left from the hut were the Mule and the chest.  Neither of which were ever touched again.

Winston found the small cooking kettle.  It turns out that it is enchanted.  It cooks and purifies food placed in it.  And everything tastes delicious.  A Kettle of Cooking! Finally magic a person can actually use.

The group headed off to Winston's village, burnt, bruised and a bit wiser.

After three days of being trapped,  Brack, under the light of the moon, was visited by an odd looking opossum.    It had an incision on its chest held closed by leather straps.

It whispered.  "Do you need help?  The Mule will help you.  First the Mule will carry you, then you will carry the Mule."

With no other real option, Brack accepted this strange offer.

He was pulled out of the mud by a strong white arm.   The woman at the end of the arm was strong and oddly attractive in her simian like way.  She pulled him to a cold, dark room made of Iron and Rust.  She was missing a finger...
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2017 at 8:25pm by John »  

IP Logged

Kineticka
Sidekick

Reply #23 - May 28th, 2017 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
AW FUCK.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #24 - Jun 3rd, 2017 at 12:28am
Print Post  
They made their way back to Shalebend. They didn't even make it to Winston's smithy before they saw poor Tom Wheat.  His body was shredded and partially eaten.  It was hacked.  They made their way to his farm, the home closest to the woods.

There they found the place overrun.  There were tracks all over, of various sizes.  Tom's four daughters and wife were not found.

The party followed the tracks into the woods.   A ways in they came to a clearing and found nut shells and a chew upon human finger.  Winston was resolute.  Tom was his friend, and he felt it owed it to him to find his family.

No one was sure where the arrow came from.  It wizzed passed Drac's face.  At one the party came to attention.   The bushes were firing arrows at them.  War arrows,  Ork arrows!

They realized that they were surrounded by Orks in camouflage suits.  Drac fired at them, while Winston threw his Dwarven hammer.   Thorn created a wall circle of fire and Van Huger cast a frenzy spell on Thorn.  Thorn let his fire wall drop.  He rushed out with his dwarven sword and hacked away at the on coming orks.

They spotted something big running towards them.  It was an ogre.   It was carrying a small tree with spikes in it like a morning star.   Drac shot out its legs, and Thorn charged it, knocking it down and he ran up its body, stabbing away.

The Orks were soon dispatched, and the ogre lay dead.   They realized they were set up.  This was a trap.

Van Huger found the severed head of Tom Wheat's youngest daughter.  They were determined to save the rest.

They back tracked and found a small path left by the orks.  They realized that they were traveling in stealth, and moving through bushes.  They made their way to were the Orks must have mustered when they heard a horn blow.  They readied themselves.  Van Huger spotted something flying over head.  It was a cloaked being on a gryphon.  It tossed something at them and flew away.

Van Huger caught it with a levitation spell.  It still spilled its contents.  It was a leather bag filled with blood.    Fearing redcaps, Thorn tossed his shield, catching the blood before it hit the ground.  Still some splashed on the ground and four red caps grew out.

Then they heard a low mumbling.  A squad of goblins with small shields and daggers came charging from the grass.   They all climbed up a rather tall tree.

Drac, perched up high, shot at the goblins.    Winston smashed at the redcaps with his hammer.  Thorn blinded the goblins with his firestaff.  Drac was the first to notice that something large was coming.   

The trees were parted to the side by the great troll.  It screamed when it saw Winston's trollstone shield.  It charged at him but it was blocked by Thorn.   The troll was unfazed by Thorn's slashing attack and smashed Winston to the ground.   Luna and Van Huger pulled Winston to safety  and Drac jumped from the tree.  The troll turned to pummel Drac, when Thorn grabbed the elf and ran away with him.    Drac fired arrows at the troll and wounded it in his, "pebbles."

The trolls screamed in pain.  Thorn ran up to it and reached into its bag of beans.  He tossed a bean into the troll's mouth and ran.

The troll then coughed and gagged.  It was clearly chocking.   With each gasp a mouth full of worms sprayed all over.   Everyone scattered.  No one wanted to get these worms on them.

The Troll, gasping for air, tried to save itself by turning to stone.  It was in mid transformation when it died.  The worms devoured too much of its guts for the troll to repair itself.

Thorn roasted the worms with a fireball.

The party was hurt.  They were still committed to saving the Wheat family.   

They then saw the gryphon rider land.   It was a large cloaked figure in plate armor.  He said with a booming voice, " I respect you  as fellow warriors.  There for I grant you 12 hours respite.   Then abandon all hope, for then the orks will come."

He then screamed and his gryphon took to the sky.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #25 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Damn!! 12 Hours? I misheard you then.

Andy and I are chasing after the three females. I think it is a suicide mission so I will have a back up character ready just in case.  Cheesy

(Play chase music from Last of The Mohicans)

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #26 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
THE ONI wrote on Jun 4th, 2017 at 10:56am:
(Play chase music from Last of The Mohicans)

We had that music playing during our gaming last night!

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #27 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Brack was dying.  The mud that enveloped him was over his head.  His only comforting thought what that he wouldn't die a slave.

Something grabbed his hand.   He gripped it tight.  He was pulled from the mud by a strong white arm.    

The White Witch smiled.  She liked the size of Brac.  He would make a good ork.  Maybe even a chieftain. 

Brac wasn't sure where he was, but he was glad he was breathing.  He was cold, and the air was thin, but it tasted good.   He breathed in as much air as he could. He would never take breathing for granted again.

He saw that he was someplace different.    The stars stretched out over and below the horizon.  He faced a great iron temple.  The White Witch offered him food and water.   He ate and drank,  its been three days.

After he slept, he woke to find a black gryphon beside a black suit of platemail.   The White Witch offered him the armor, and a shield, and a sword.  All were forged by iron from a fallen star, if he would lead the orcs. 

Brac refused. 

The White Witch spat at him.  Mocked him.  Told him he was in her debt.  Still Brac  refused.

"I will never fight for anyone but myself again.  I am no longer a slave."

The White Witch spat at him again and pushed him off the cliff into the stars below.   

"Then you die."

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #28 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 12:20am
Print Post  
She had no name.  No one ever gave her one.  She lived beneath notice.  She wasn't even sure if the people who bought her even realized she was gone.  They forgot to lock her collar and she just slipped off into the night.

She followed a group for hours.  She didn't know why, but she was hungry, tired and scared.   She hide, and slipped from tree to tree, not letting them see her.  Not being seen was her habit.

She spotted a hand sticking out of the mud.  She felt like she should help.  She pulled the hand, and it gripped her too tight.  She slipped free.   Still she wanted to help.  She threw a pebble at the men she followed.  They walked too fast.

They turned and saw the hand in the mud.   The one who wore metal pulled a man out of the mud.  It as Brac.

The friends rejoiced.  They thought Brack lost in the mud, or worse, captured by Orks.  Brack recognized the small girl as the one who first grabbed his hand.   Brack recognized the way she moved her hands.   She was communicating in the same way as some of the people in the slave pens in Port Lore did.   It was a way for people with different tongues to speak to one another without the slave masters finding out.  Brack realized that this girl halfing was also a former slave.

They all made their way to Shalebend.  They had to warn the town to flee behind the walls of Tash.  Winston,  Luna and Van Huger got the people to realize the danger.  They reluctantly packed their  provisions, and fled their town.

Drac and Thorn ran.   They rand for a full hour before they were set upon by an Ork scout.   He was an easy kill.  Thorn took his suit of leaves and branches and went ahead.

They found a group of bound humans.  They were leased together by ropes to trees and to cattle.  Drac ran up and cut the ropes and slayed some goats to keep them quite.

Thorn watched.

Drac then walked through the camp.  He challenged anyone who looked at him.   He made his way to the Nodoil pots.  He poisoned two of them and then went back to Thorn and the humans.

They lead the humans to Shalebend.  No one had the heart to tell poor Mrs. Wheat that little Perdita was dead.

While at the town, they pressed the people to leave.   Luna prayed at the small shrine.     Van Huyer put a magic circle around the shirne. He wanted to protect something of this pleasant place against the on coming hoard.

He felt a coldness.  He turned and the White Witch was walking out of a hole in the air.  Inside the hole you could see the Iron Temple.   She smashed the shrine to pieces by shaking her fist.

Van Huyer drew his sword.  She easily parried him with her bone spear.  Hands, as the Halfling was to be called, tumbled under the witch.   The Witch kicked Hands into the hole in the sky.   Brac saw this and rand to save his kindred, if tiny, spirit.

Brack tied a rope around himself and Winston held the other end.  He dove through the hole.  The cold made the rope brittle and it snapped.

Drac fired arrow after arrow at the Witch.  Luna prayed to Selenae and called out a mighty curse.   The White Witch seemed to fumble a bit over her spear.   Van Huyer drew a magic circle around the Witch, which seemed to trap her. 

Brack threw Hands back through the hole.  Hands then stabbed the Witch in the knees with a dagger.  The Witch grabbed Hands and used her to break the circle.  She then tossed Hands back into the hole.  Winston jumped in, but missed the landing.  Brack jumped in and grabbed his friend, pulling him to safety.

At this point the Witch was perforated by many arrows.   Thorn came in and carved her with a few sword slices.  She coughed up a stream of maggots on him, which tried to bore into his flesh.  He backed off.

He used his Fire Staff to burn off the maggots, and then decided it was wiser to stay back and fire arrows.  Hey, it was working for Drac.

The Witch then turned and jumped into the hole.

She ran into the darkness of the temple.  Hands followed and hid.

Winston charged in and saw the Witch healing herself in the light of a giant ruby that was the singular eye of an iron stature of Grume, lord of Iron, Feeder of Crows.

He smashed her with his Dwarven hammer.  She whirled missed him with her spear.   Brack bashed her with his sledge hammer, and she stabbed him with her Bone Spear.

Winston, in a fury of rage,  smashed her head in.  He stopped to catch his breathe.  He wondered if anyone could claim the bounty now that her head was pretty much a wet stain.

Van Huger went to study the body.  He took her package of reagents.   The Witch's hand grabbed his wrist.  Brack and Winston both severed the hand from its wrist.   The undead body attacked, but again, Winston crushed the body under a whirlwind of hammers.

Again he stopped to catch his breathe.   But he lingered to long and he was burnt by scalding hot blood from above.

Hands, who had climbed up the statue, cut the giant eye from its holdings.    The stone fell, but was caught by Brac.   

A few seconds later blood spurt from the wound.  It was hot!

Brack carried the gem AND Winston.  He through everyone through the hole in space.    

The party, with no reason to stay in Shalebend,  went to Tash.

As they crossed the walls, they heard a voice.  It was a man in black plate mail.  He rode a gryphon.  His voice was everywhere at once.

"Give us have the people.  Its better half live then  all die."

He then flew away.

Safe behind the walls of Tash, they sought out the temple of Selenae.    They prayed and were healed.   

Thorn told people the Witch was dead.  He wanted his 1000 gold pieces! 

The Baron's men sought them out and took them to the castle.  The Baron prepared a feast for them.   He then introduced them to a man in black plate mail.   He then asked them how they would divide the town's folk.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #29 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 6:26am
Print Post  
My Friends,

If we truly think about this The Warrior in Black Mail has a valid point. Why should all the people die? In reality it is just natural selection. Does not the Wolf Pack cull out the weakest of the herd animals? Would sacrificing the weaker of the city folk only make the next generation stronger and better equipped to protect themselves?

Though this decision seems heartless we must think long term for the better of all our people.

Thorn

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #30 - Jul 30th, 2017 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
  My Friends,

Please believe me when I say this is a truly harsh decision. Choosing who lives and who dies is not a decision that should be forced upon any mere mortal but regrettably it is forced upon us. We must remain steadfast in this and look upon the reality of the situation. We hold a castle against an army of Orcs and should we choose to fight we all die as well as all the Barony of Osil. The Warrior in Black gives us a choice and though it is a horrid choice we must be pragmatic and understand that we have no hope of defeating the Horde. It is truly better to grant life to half the populace then condemn all to death. There is no other decision to be made. Let the younger live to give life to a new generation and more generations to come.

To the Warrior in Black,

I ask that you take some portion of our livestock as well and reduce the percentage of human life to be sent to the Horde. The remaining People of Osil will not require as much livestock.

The decision and it's execution is a logistical nightmare and I ask that we be granted some time to separate the inhabitants from those who will stay and those who will go. The Orc Horde needs to be kept in check as we will already have panic in the streets from what we must do.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #31 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 12:26am
Print Post  
Karkas, the Warrior in Black, laughed.

He clairified his statement.  He would take half the humans in the city, the female half.

He eyed Luna as he said this.  She cursed him and  Karkas drew his sword.    He slashed at her, cutting her harm.   Brack jumped in and defended the moon priestess.  Brack stabbed Karkas in the face through the small slit in his helm.   Karkas was shocked by this.

" You wield Zorla's spear!"  He looked shocked and afraid of this information.   Thorn stabbed his Giant Slayer sword into the back plate of the Warrior in Black.   The sword shattered with a fiery spark. Thorn was stunned, he thought magic swords were made of better stuff.

Karkas swung the his black blade in a wide arc.  "Fools, no weapon forged of iron can harm me while I wear this armor!"  He hit Brack aross the neck, cutting him.   Van Huger jumped infront  of Brack blocking the attack.   Winston then took his trollstone shield and bashed Karkas back. 

Karkas took inventory of the situation.  He realized that the Bone Spear was the biggest threat, and that he was already dead.  The small wound on his face would not heal, would not close and would not stop bleeding.  He would die slowly.   So parlay was of no use. He attacked.   

His sword was pulled up.  It was bespelled. Van Huger levitated the weapon straight up.   Karkas let go and tried to land on the wizard.  Again the wizard's shield repelled him.

Then Karkas fell dead.   Thorn had stabbed him through the chest with a unicorn horn.    He pulled the horn out and put it back in his robes.

It was then that they noticed that the Baron and his men, along with the court magician had fled.   They searched them out and demanded action.

The Baron was a good man, but used to an easy life.  His men were soft and untested.  They would crumble before the disciplined ork hoard.  They could not surrender the women of Tash.

They wanted an inventory of their assets.  Tash had only 3000 men in its army, with another 5000 or so in support.   The ork hoard numbered 8000.   Still, their fear, disease, and skill would wipe out the Baron's men in a fair fight.  A siege would be their best chance.

Winston went to the armory and inspected the supplies.  He found that the siege engines were in disrepair.  He, and Brack, went about with the weaponsmiths to set them right.

Thorn went to pay a visit to the town's dark side.  He found a few cutpurses and rogues.   They smiled and said they had no fear, they would ride it all out in the sewers.   Thorn feared that the Orks would come in through the sewers.    They laughed and said, no one comes in the sewers but us.   Don't worry,  the sewers are safe.  They belong to the Whispers.

Hands, well Hands was gone.  And so was the Eye of Grume.

Drac, well Drack had taken Karkas' helm.   It was heavy but it offered good protection.    It limited his field of view, but damn it, he liked it.    He asked for a team of archers to man the gates.   He gave them a rousing speech, but then a few fled in terror.  He turned to see Karkas' mount the Black Gryphon.   It bowed its head to Drac.   He was able to ride it.  The helm controlled it!  He flew out and scouted the hoard.  A few hundred had camped out and started cooking their nodoil.      An ogre tried to stab Drac while he fed his mount on ork flesh.   Drack killed with arrows.

Van Huger was taken to the wizard, Dimauld's lab.  He saw the black book of Whispers, and the Mirror of Council. 

Van Huger looked into the mirror and, while he saw the room reflected back, he did not see himself.    A man came into the reflection, a slender man, with a silk hood.   He asked, "Dimauld, who is this?"

Dimauld ran over, "Master, this is a new wizard. He is helping us with our problem. "

"What problem?"   

"The ork hoard is upon us."

The hooded being took off the hood.  It was a fae, of the noble kind.  He had a goatee, green skin and ram horns.  He smiled.  "excellent.  I can turn this to my advantage.   Wizard, what is your name?"

Van Huger told him.   I guess he never learned the part where its not a good idea to tell your name to a Fae.

The Fae smiled again, like it acquired something important.   "I will send my armies.  Go and defend my city."

Van Huger then opened the black book.  He read it,  it contained maps of the Underdark, the land beneath Finvarra, and it told a few of its secrets.  And it contained spells....
  Van Huger also saw a Bottle of Lighting, which he took along with the only spells in Dimauld's personal spell book. 

Dimauld, defeated, also gave him a vial of Yondalla's Tears.  He said to share it with him when all else fails.

Luna went to the Moon Temple.  She consulted with her peers.   The spread the world via Moon Speak.     They communed with the sky and counted the orcs at 8000 strong.

The party then convened at the gate.   The Orks were already reading ladders.    The hoard stood back, but a few intoxicated on nodoil broke rank. 

A few hundred tried to attack.   The rest laughed and watched.   The hundred or so orks were killed by fire or by arrows.   

Drak took a bean from thorn and fired it via an arrow in the mass.   The bean burst into a  tidal wave of blood.    Then redcaps sprouted, attacking the orks.  Thorn, Drack, Luna, Van Huger, and Brack all laughed at this result.

Another hundred Orks rushed the walls.   Thorn exaused his staff with a wall of fire.  Van Huger Frenzed an ork who then attacked him.

Brack launched rocks, crushing the skulls of a squad of drug crazed monsters.

They were getting exhausted.     It was two AM and most of the hoard didn't move.  Just drumming and brewing nodoil.

Worg riders could be seen in the back ranks, along with some ogres.  Things were looking bad.

The priesthood of Yondalla, goddess of safty hide the city.  This would only last a few hours.   Then it would be dawn.  Orks never attack during the day, their eyesight is better at night.   Tash would be safe for one more day.

IP Logged

Tofusan
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #32 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
To whoever reads this,

I, Winston Keystone, write this letter in the hopes that if I fall, someone will know of who I am and what I do this night.

I come from the village of Shalebend, outside the Wall of Osil.  As the blacksmith I would often repair the arms and armor of adventurers returning from their journeys. Most paid in coin, while those with lighter purses exchanged in trade or teaching.  A few taught me numbers and symbols that I used to improve the strength of my metals.  Others showed me what shape armor should be to work best for one's body.   Some tried how to teach me letters, but I didn't care for it until recently.  Almost all would tell tales of their exploits over mugs of ale.  This usually lead to tavern brawls, dented gear, and more work.  I watched and trained in combat from these drunk sessons.  A man fights as fiercely for pride as for his life.  I've seen how archers could defend themselves in close combat; how cunning is as important as strength; and how anything, even a barbarian's halfling companion, can be used as a weapon. Eventually I learned enough that when creatures started to attack the village I was able to defend it.  This continued for some time until the Chaos Dragon appeared.  It wasn't near the village but it's shadow fell over an outlying farm.  The town elders knew what needed to be done and I was sent out.  Along the way I met several others hunting the shadow, including an elf.  To my surprise we grouped together and found what was left of the poor family.  Our adventures continued and in a few short weeks we defeated the White Witch.  Now an orc horde has come and I was forced to evacuate my village.  We fled to Tash, only to find the Warrior in Black, leader of the orcs, here already.  We defeated him but it did not stop the horde from approaching the city.  Hundreds of the monsters attacked and we repelled them.  Yet thousands of the creatures now stand outside the walls.  The army here is outnumbered, untrained, and without proper command.  Somehow I've taken charge of the soldiers, while my companions gained other key roles in the defense of the city. Luna, priestess of Selenae, leads the religious orders in healing the wounded and provide support from the Divine.  Brack the free barbarian shores up our defenses while raining boulders upon the enemy.  Thorn the cunning fire mage speaks with the townsfolk, ensuring their help if the city is breached in ways we could not defend against.  Van Huger, who meddles in questionable practices, gained the support of a fae noble who will send an army to assist us.  Even Drak the elf stands ready against the orcs.
He gained command of the Warrior in Black's gryphon and now rains death from above.  Our most recent companion, Hands the mute halfing disappeared.  Perhaps she is the smartest of us and found a way to survive what is to come.
We currently are in a reprieve, time to rest and care for the wounded.  To see how our defenses stand and organize the supplies at hand.  And to put ink to parchment.  I'm sure I"m not the only one this night to write such a letter.  I hope that none will be needed in the morning but as you are reading this, then at least one will be.  If you come across any of my companions, show them this letter, buy them a drink and ask how they survived this night.  Except Van Huger, I question his judgement enough when he's sober.  Or Hands, she is a mute.  Or the elf, he still has the elven mentality of other races. Or Luna, she doesn't drink. Brack might not be able to read this letter but will accept his drink and Luna's.  Thorn would gladly accept, but go to a safer pub then the one you probably found him in.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #33 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 1:09am
Print Post  
With two days grace from Yondalla's spell, Van Huger worked in Dimauld's lab to create a new offensive spell.

Thorn went to Scaven Street to enlist the Orphans into a campaign of personal propaganda.

Brack, Winston and Drac went about town looking for new recuits to use in the defence of the city against the awaiting Orc Hoard.

During a quiet moment the party met at the Mushroom Top Tavern to enjoy a drink.   While there,  Brack spoke in his normal speaking voice, a voice that was not quite as loud as say thunder, but not as quiet as say, a bowling ball falling down the steps.  He mentioned the Whispers. 

Drac noticed two young men leave at the mention of the Whispers out the back door.   He followed them and shot one in the leg.   The other got away.

Drac pulled out his knife and threatened the boy why they left.   He said that they are to tell Cleatus if anyone speaks about the Whispers.  Brack and Luna intervened and healed up the boy before he bleed to death.

They brought the boy to the tavern, Thorn ordered everyone out.    They made sure the boy was ok.

Drac went over to Cleatus' butcher shop and shot Cleatus' in the shoulder.   Luna and Brack again intervened to shave Cleatus' life.

Drac searched the butcher shop while Brack carried Cleatus' to the Mushroom Top.  Luna administered his wounds.

Drac found a hidden door that led to a tunnel.   Brack, Luna and Winston went down the tunnel to investigate.  They found a gate, to which Brack tore down.  Winston jumped on a sleeping guard. The Guard told them about the hidden glyphs that led them deeper down into the Undercity, or out beyond the walls of Tash.

Luna went to deliver a meal to Van Huger.  While there she communed with Selenae and found that Hands was enslaved below the city.   

Van Huger showed her the book of Whispers that he took from Dimauld.   She studied it until Dimauld groped her while he was casting a beguile spell. 

Van Huger readied a Fireball spell and incinerated  Dimauld, and burnt Luna.     The room, including the book of Whispers, was lost.

Van Huger and Luna called the palace guard to extinguish the fire.  Dimauld was saved, but he was badly burnt.  Luna was not sure, but she thought she saw a figure in Dimauld's mirror watching this event.

Winston, Brack and Drac returned to the Mushroom Top.  Along the way they recruited a strong axe man, Joe, to join their party.

Luna explained Hand's predicament and Thorn stood up and said, " we have to find the RUBY!"

They went down the tunnels and followed the information Luna remembered from the burnt Book of Whispers.

They made their way to the stone sewer systems of Tash.   During the Reign of Stammy the Clean  the great Sewer's were built.  For 350 years the Sewers of Tash earned the Golden Plunger Award seven decades in row from the Wandering Dwarven Plumbers of White Marble Hill.  Stammy the Clean died very happy.

They made their way to a station where they were met by three men.  They opened the gate and the party questioned them.   They didn't have too much information,  and when asked about a female halfing, they pointed them to a slave market.     Winston was outraged by this and smashed their leader in the chest with his Dwarven Throwing Hammer.   The other two started talking.  It was clear they knew nothing of Hands but one of the men mentioned the One, the mysterious leaders of the Undercity.

They all felt a buzzing in their minds.   The One spoke to them telepathically.  " Confer ownership of the Eye, and a bargain will be forged."

They asked if they knew were Hands was, and they said they didn't know.  They left to find her so they could make a deal.

Both the still conscious men began to tremble and bled from their noses.  Both died.    The party then left in a hurry.  Van Huger saw one of the men's head burst open as if an awl pierced his skull.  He was not sure, but he thought he heard brains being slurped out....

They made it to the Undermarket.  They spotted An Otyugh feasting in the raw sewage. They also saw something moving under the shit stream.  Something that seemed to be following them.

They bargened for poisons, information and so on.

Van Huger traded his iron die for a thigh bone carved in words he couldn't understand.  It was not one of the languages he spoke, nor was it magical.   

Thorn bought a vial of Abyss Shade, a very deadly poison.  He also traded a very risqué drawing of a nude female dwarf for some iron arrow heads.   

Winston and Brak found some slavers.  They bough the lot of Halfings, seven in all, and five humans.  They were all chained together.

They asked if they had any more and Hands was brought to them.  They purchased her and once the party was complete the One spoke to them.

"Confer ownership of the Eye, and a bargain will be forged."

They tried to hammer out a deal.   They agreed to ask the One for safe passage for the people of Tash.  This was denied.

Luna then began to glow in her lunar light, and the One attacked.

Van Huger created a shield, and protected the people fleeing the market.

The One then killed some of the human slaves to show their power.     Hands fled, as did Joe.

Thorn fired some arrows, but dropped his bow.   They didn't know where to find the One.

Van Huger felt compelled to drop his shield spell.  And Thorn was lifted into the air and tossed into the shit stream.

Winston attacked Brack, and Brack broke the chains of the slaves and told them to flee.

Drac had left hours ago, as elves are susceptible to human germs.

Luna was then compelled to jump into the raw sewage.  Brack tried to rescue her, but instead pulled out a rotting torso.

Thorn climbed out of the sewer and attacked, hitting one of the obfuscated foes.   He was then suspended upside down by an unseen force.

The group was then forced to accept an inferior deal.   Their lives would be spared, and they would be permitted to leave the Undermarket.

Thorn wondered if the One violated the sanctity of the market by killing Brack's slaves and hoped that  Tiphese, Demigod of Exchange, would punish them.

Luna collapsed from loss of blood.  She was covered in Shiteels.  As was Thorn.   The only way to get the shiteels off was to engulf them in flame.  Van Huger blased them with a fireball, harming them, but burning off the Shiteels.

The party regrouped at the surface, with only 20 hours before Yondalla's spell would fail, and the orcs would rush in...

IP Logged

Aki
Sidekick

Good Intentions

Reply #34 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 12:20am
Print Post  
>Drac found a hidden door that led to a tunnel.   Brack, Luna and Winston went down the tunnel to investigate

Correction, Luna never traveled into the Tunnels until after the fact, hence why the party had no idea Hands was down there until after she memorized the book of whispers and spoke to the party again.

Not that it matters too much, but she was busy saving the lives of all the humans the Elf ran into!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

>