Normal Topic More Body Powers (Read 1203 times)
dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

More Body Powers
Nov 3rd, 2013 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Hardened Defenses: The character is resistant to the effects Drains and Absorption. They either have no effect, or their effects are extremely limited.

Lack of Weakness: The character is immune to the affects of Weakness Detection.

Heightened Immune System: The character is extremely resistant to the affects of diseases and poisons. When used as a defense, it defends as Willpower.

Heightened Recovery: You recover Power at 2x the normal recovery rate.

Heightened Stamina: 2x normal power points.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: More Body Powers
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2013 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Would you envision Lack of Weakness as meaning an opponent wouldn't get any numerical bonus as well?  That would be kind of a cool power, in that the person moves in such a way that they defy study (always do things differently, or the like).

A few characters recently (I'm thinking of one from Darren Tenor's recent Zodiac) have the heightened Immunity.  Being as we often have poisons attack as Chemical, and being that Willpower does nothing to reduce that attack (on the combat chart), I'd be more inclined to have the character simply be completely immune to poisons and toxins.  It's a rare enough attack form that it still ends up being sort of a wimpy power.

Ironically, a year ago at GuardianCon one new 1st Level PC called Contagion used his poison attack for the first time against the character I mentioned above (Scorpio, from "Signs of the Zodiac", who is listed as a "Toxivore").  He was pretty frustrated in that she simply ignored his main attack.  The player didn't really "get" how rare of an ability that is, and it was a freak occurence that his first villain faced happened to have it!  Shocked

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2013 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
I've got a power listed somewhere on here called "Immunity" that makes the character completely immune to a particular power or effect. I've used it on a couple of characters in the various character threads I've got running. Usually it'll list as - Immunity: X is completely immune to the effects of poisons, diesase, etc.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 1:39am
Print Post  
Body Power: Acid Touch: The character's body generates a highly corrosive acid that is released though their hands. Attacks as HTH. 2d8 damage. Victim/target is affected as though they were hit with a disintegration ray attack.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2020 at 6:19pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2016 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Bumping this up as a few of these will also be appearing in a future product I'm working on.

YIM  
IP Logged

>