Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) More Psionics (Read 2818 times)
dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

More Psionics
Nov 14th, 2013 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Psionics: Confuse/Confusion: The character can cause confusion (temporally interfere with the clear working of a target's mind) in a person or group of people. Attacks as mind control. Victim must save vs. INT or become confused and loose that action. R=C, PR=5.

« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2014 at 12:01pm by dsumner »  

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: More Psionics
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 1:06am
Print Post  
Psionics: Combat Pecog: The character becomes aware of/senses his opponents actions moments before they happen allowing him to react and avoid attacks, and granting him a -4 bonus to be hit, as though he had Heighted Defenses.

YIM  
IP Logged

xhaosdaemon
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 2:14am
Print Post  
How about this one?

Psionics: Psistorm; Range=Int, 1d12 damage <also does 1d12 damage to Power, Save vs. INT at -4 for no Power damage>, attacks as Mind Control, can attack up to 6 people, PR 5 per person attacked.

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Ouch!! 30 PP for a 1d12 attack... which might or might not hit 6 people.  That's a bit harsh.

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #4 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 11:38pm:
Ouch!! 30 PP for a 1d12 attack... which might or might not hit 6 people.  That's a bit harsh.

What if they targets were not allowed a save roll vs the loss of power? If this attack were combined with a high damage modifier or heightened attack it would be very ugly. Smiley

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 11:48am
Print Post  
I kinda like "Confuse", I can see that being a lot of fun (and also very frustrating).

Psistorm is actually pretty powerful, but why the max of 6 targets? Unless it is up to 6 targets without bothering with the multiple attack rules.

It's always really cool when people come up with new powers, or new ways to interpret existing powers. The really interesting part is that no one ever comes up with:

"Victory" PR="X", Attacks as Mind Control. On successful attack, anyone seeing or hearing the character (even on video, radio, etc...) gives up because they are convinced he is victorious.   Grin

It's a pretty good sign that you'se guys don't come up with instant "I Win" powers.

« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2013 at 1:13pm by Ironnerd »  

John "Ironnerd" Adams
"The GM is the balancing mechanic" - Klystron

IP Logged

xhaosdaemon
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 12:01am
Print Post  
I kind of wrote Psistorm so that it is a one roll power that affects up to 6 targets. To be honest I never got to use the villain I wrote it for so I don't know how it plays. I will be trying it out on my PbP group on Rpol.net.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #7 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Ironnerd wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 11:48am:
"Victory" PR="X", Attacks as Mind Control. On successful attack, anyone seeing or hearing the character (even on video, radio, etc...) gives up because they are convinced he is victorious.   

I really like your super-power and would like to subscribe to your newsletter, please.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Reply #8 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Nov 18th, 2013 at 2:26pm:
Ironnerd wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 11:48am:
"Victory" PR="X", Attacks as Mind Control. On successful attack, anyone seeing or hearing the character (even on video, radio, etc...) gives up because they are convinced he is victorious.   

I really like your super-power and would like to subscribe to your newsletter, please.  Cheesy

now cut that out!!!  Cheesy (I laughed so hard when I saw that - I nearly choked on my coffee).

Stay tuned for "Turn Everything Plaid"

John "Ironnerd" Adams
"The GM is the balancing mechanic" - Klystron

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #9 - Nov 22nd, 2013 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Here's another one that's not mine, but I like the basic framework, and will probably tinker with it a bit. At the moment I'm thinking their might be some sort of "Psychic Backlash" similar to what characters using Comic Awareness experience.

Precognition: A character with this ability receives random flashes of strong, emotional events that may occur in the near future. The GM should decide what these events are and when they occur, based upon the adventure. This can be an interesting way to give a character clues. A typical vision is 1d6 hours into the future and might not even happen. The GM is encouraged to figure what MAY occur in that time frame, if the character's proceed on their current path.

For example, the psychic is a few miles away from the waterfront, but the GM knows that the villain is hiding at a dockside bar. A vision of a person falling into the water could be used. The vision is not very detailed, and the character cannot control when the vision occurs. If the vision does not actually come true in the game, it can always be chalked up to "must have changed the time-stream." On average about 1 vision in 3 should come true for the player. This power should occur no more than once or twice per session. There is no Power Requirement for this ability and the vision occurs so rapidly, it does not cost an action or movement.

YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #10 - Nov 23rd, 2013 at 5:54am
Print Post  
That reminds me of one of our current PCs ability.  Here's what he and I came up with:

Cosmic Awareness: Receives premonitions when sleeping of what ‘could be’; if Cosmic Awareness roll is successful, GM describes a vision with clues/information about a single near-future event, no Hit Points or Power regenerated during troubled sleep, awakens tired and disorientated, PR=30.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2020 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Bumping this up.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #12 - Sep 1st, 2020 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Psionics: Detect Lie: The character can tell if a speaker is intentionally lying. They instinctively know when someone is lying or being deceitful.

Psionics: Safe Path: The character can detect the safest route of travel, sensing danger along the way. They don't get specifics, just a "gut feeling" that if they continue along a certain path, something "bad" will happen.

Pisonics: True Sight: The character can see through any illusion or other Mental or Mystical concealment (including an Invisible Character).

Psionics: Truth Tell: Anyone within Charisma inches is compelled to tell the truth. Affected characters may save vs. Charisma (d100 - 1 per level if the target's level is lower than the Character's), to attempt to resist. PR=1.
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2021 at 11:30am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #13 - Sep 2nd, 2020 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Psionics: Psionic Immunity: The character is completely immune to the effects of al mental/psionic powers, such as Mind Control, Emotion Control, Telepathy, mental illusions, etc.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #14 - Oct 31st, 2023 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Just out of curiosity, have any of you guys attempted to use these in your games?

YIM  
IP Logged

>