Normal Topic Presence Attack (Read 1737 times)
dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Presence Attack
Nov 15th, 2013 at 12:57am
Print Post  

Okay, this is a really rough draft/first take on this. I’d really like to hear some feedback from you guys, as I think 1) the write-up cold be improved; 2) There might be a better/easier way to simulate the same effect.

Presence Attack: The character’s presence is so strong that when he appears, speaks for the first time, etc. Those around him must save vs. INT or CHR (whichever is higher) +1/-1 per level of experience deference between the characters, or become awestruck, and loose their initial action. Subsequent actions are not affected. To be effective, the character attempting to make a presence attack must have a CHR =16 or higher. Using a Presence Attack costs one action. R=C, PR=0.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Re: Presence Attack
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Sounds similar to John's house rule "cool rolls".  There are different aspects to how cool rolls are used, but this would be one of them.  But opposed to losing an action, there are other consequences to losing one's "cool".

But it's a good one! I should know since I have this power in real life, especially with the ladies.

Smiley

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
A very simple way of doing attacks might be to give the character a bonus based on their Charisma modifier.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2020 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Bumping this also, and if any of you guys want to give this a go, please let me know how it worked out in your games. I'm really interested in some feedback on it, as I want to include it as an option in something I'm working on.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

>