Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Wonder Woman reveal (Read 2120 times)
Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Wonder Woman reveal
Dec 5th, 2013 at 10:29am
Print Post  
You all probably know this already because I'm the non-comic reading guy here, but she's hot :

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/04/batman-vs-superman-finds-its-wonder-woma...

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Wonder Woman reveal
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Agree that she's most certainly easy on the eyes.  Let's hope she can act as well.

Have heard some complain that she isn't built like Wonder Woman (an Amazon).
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2013 at 6:43pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
I think she is perfect.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Well, she's not built like Linda Carter but Ben Affleck isn't Chris Evans. If she can act she'll be fine with the right costume and effects. At 5'9 it won't take much to make it work. Although some real muscle tone wouldn't hurt.

I like a lot of things about Man of Steel and I like this pre-Justice League concept, so I'm staying open minded

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Reply #4 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
I agree with Ranger - she's no Linda Carter. Still, who is? Wonder Woman is a tough roll to fill, let alone perform.
Megan Fox might have been okay - if she kept her mouth shut.
Cristina Hendricks - she'd have to hit the gym and dye her hair, but pretty much any actress would have to hit the gym...

We'll see how it all works out. Gotta be better than the new Star Trek movies...

John "Ironnerd" Adams
"The GM is the balancing mechanic" - Klystron

IP Logged

SuperWannabe
Teen Titan

Reply #5 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
I'm perfectly willing to see where they go with this.  Everyone deserves a chance and she's got a really nice face for the role as well.

As someone who's lost a lot of weight and also added a fair bit of muscle I'm sure she can get into decent shape for the role.  After all.... if I can wack on 15lbs of muscle in half a year WITHOUT a professional trainer and all the time and resources she'll have available I reckon she's going to be able to.  Besides who knows if she's even going to be in full WW mode for this one.  She might only be a cameo of Diana on Paradise Island for 5 mins for all we know.

One of my FB "friends" wrote "Bitch... needs to eat a sammich"....  This person is NO longer a FB friend of mine  Angry

I get ticked off with people like that who, seriously, are just couch potatoes and seem to think they have right to be rude to others just because they're in the celebrity limelight.

IP Logged

Dr.Demented
Teen Titan

who knows what evil lurks
in heart of man

Reply #6 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 12:08am
Print Post  
I agree with you SW people need to be allowed to have a chance to make the roles theirs  Cool

YIM  
IP Logged

SuperWannabe
Teen Titan

Reply #7 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 4:56am
Print Post  
Exactly.  It's kinda how I feel about Daredevil.  I don't think Matt Damon was bad in the role.  I think the movie let him down rather than the other way around.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #8 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Wasn't it Ben Affleck?

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Reply #9 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Actually Matt did good work on Daredevil - it was just a bad script. Kinda like Tim Dalton as James Bond.

I'm still having trouble seeing Mr. Damon as Batman - as Bruce Wayne, no problem.

I'm sure Ms. Gadot will do well - I only question the writers.

John "Ironnerd" Adams

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #10 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Since it's Ben Affleck portraying Batman, I get why you can't see Matt Damon in the role   Grin

IP Logged

Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Reply #11 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
LOL!!!!! Grin

I think its because I see them as the same person / interchangeable (except for that time Matt Damon did something interesting, and played Jason Borne).

John "Ironnerd" Adams

IP Logged

SuperWannabe
Teen Titan

Reply #12 - Dec 9th, 2013 at 5:04am
Print Post  
Whos who now???

I'm getting lost... so we have Matt Afleck and Ben Damon....

Who's this Manbat of whom you speak!!!!

*runs off waving arms in the air*

"wooop woooooop wooooop woooooop"   Cheesy

IP Logged

Tempest
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #13 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
I took a couple days to look this situation over, and run through some of the commentary that's been posted through other venues.  With regard to the fact that the girl (at least currently) has a very slender physique...well, that's what the 'Body by Jake' programs are for.  Christian Bale put himself to some major effort get into appropriate shape for both American Psycho and the Dark Knight trilogy; I recall reading, at one point, his statement that doing the sort of workouts, training, and diets that were required for American Psycho were not part of his normal, desired routine.  Nonetheless, he got his butt in gear and met the role's requirements.  Presumably, Ms Gadot will as well.

Various...well, I'll be polite and simply call them "naysayers", on other sites have been predicting DOOOOM for MoS 2 for an endless variety of reasons, this being simply the latest on the list; more and more they're starting, for me, to read like posts from Comic Book Guy, using the flimsiest possible logic to reach a conclusion that may very well end up being trounced by nasty reality in the end...at which time such individuals will have some unexplained difficulty recollecting what their original stance on the matter was to begin with.

As with similar other subjects, I will have to declare a certain degree of bias on the topic; Ms Gadot is pretty much a dream item as far as I'm concerned, and - having no familiarity with her thespian abilities, one way or the other - I'll simply have to declare that this absolute knock-out brunette with cheekbones and a jawline that could set church bells ringing has my blessing and clear go-ahead for whatever she can do with the Diana Prince/Wonder Woman role.  If she pulls it off with anything resembling the verve that Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon and (gotta throw her in here because I do love her) Antje Traue brought to MoS, she'll definitely do okay for herself.  Smiley

IP Logged

>